Conclusion of "What should Killzone 3 do to beat Halo Reach"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Revolution_Ali
Member since 2005 • 657 Posts

Well I'm not a lemming, and neither favouring anything but I don't get why people are placing Halo Reach as the benchmark of fps. What is so great about it ? I'm not saying that it is just a mediocre game, it is good infact AWESOME but not a "BEST FPS EVERMATERIAL".(only talking about single player experience)
So to all those people (with no offense :P )who think that Halo reach is the best ever then please tellSony that what should they do to make Killzone 3 "A Halo Reach Killer"
Here is my suggestion to them.....just change the name of Killzone 3 into Halo :D,and I m sure people will love it as heavens!!
and on a side note, I personally think that Bioshock had a better single player experience as compared to halo reach.I would give Halo reach campaign 8.5/10 while to bioshock I ll not hesitate to give it 9+ points from 10.

----------------------------------------------------

Most of the people here said that Halo is one of the best fps because it has:-

1)One of the best create map-game-character stuff i.e. Forge.
2)The levels of Halo are made in such a manner that they have a lot of replay value.
3)There are many vehicles and as well as terrific weapons.
4)Its matchmaking facility is the best one to date.
5)It has good campaign which keeps its pace steady,not dwelling the player into vapidness.(though I believe it has some dull levels)
6)Bungie is really very good on Music.
7)Split screen enhances its charm.(no doubt)

And here are the cons of Halo(according to people):-

1)A weak plot when considering a story.
2)Characters are not very much memorable.
3)There is not any Real Boss fight neither is any Real Nemesis to deal with.
4)Some people also claim that Halo universe has no life as compared toKillzone.

Sowould takingthe pros ofHalo and avoiding the cons of it,make K3 the best FPS ? (ofcourse with being original).

kobraka1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kobraka1
Member since 2009 • 890 Posts

i think killzone 2 is awesome but...................

its not halo. and i am glad. killzone has its own feel and i like the way the multiplayer is set up with the different objectives. i just want them to expand on what they have done and try their best to not be like halo.,

siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

Local Multiplayer (4-Player Split-screen versus, 2 player split-screen co-op, both off and online)

4-player Co-Op Firefight with Immense Customization

Large amounts of Gameplay Modes (Invasion, Infection, Stockpile)

Forge Mode or Similar

Theater Mode or Similar

Bungie.net Integration

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
Killing Rico would be a good start.
faithnomor3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 faithnomor3
Member since 2010 • 146 Posts

sure. change the name if you want.

but Killzone 2 would still be a feature-lacking FPS. no LAN, no split-screen, not a bit of co-op;)

without even mentioning the rest.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

Be good? Lulz, I kid.

The Reach campaign was fantastic, though lacked in some key areas. If you played it, you likely know what i'm referring to. Killzone needs to do away with the "Hurr Durr" swearing every 5 seconds (seriously, it bugged me throughout Killzone 2).

As for the multiplayer, i'm not sure. I enjoyed Killzone 2's multiplayer, and I enjoy Reach's. I have no idea what it would need to do :?

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
I don't think it can beat Halo Reach. :( I liked Killzone 2, but Killzone 3 hasn't really shown off anything drastically different so far (there's still time, granted...), and Reach absolutely destroyed KZ2 to such an extent that it's not even a competition.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

Killing Rico would be a good start.SpiritOfFire117
This post gets my full endorsement.

markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 markinthedark
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

i actually despised bioshock... i beat the entire game, and cannot fathom why people like this game.

My favorite part was the pipe dream mini game when hacking....

I much preferred reach's campaign... but in terms of campaign alone i would say the darkness is my favorite fps this gen.

but i think as an overall package, reach is certainly my favorite fps this gen... if not of all time.

bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 bigboss5ak
Member since 2007 • 2962 Posts
They should add shields in some form in the multiplayer that would be a start. I just hated in kz2 where you get shot twice and die. Its also the reason why i hate the swat game type in reach
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Why people want always to see a Halo Killer? Let it be, no ps3 exclusive will be able to surpass Halo popularity.
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

Actually have co-op

Have some features that halo reach has (such as a hoard/firefight mode, more social networking,, etc).

Have workable controls.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lundy86_4

They should add shields in some form in the multiplayer that would be a start. I just hated in kz2 where you get shot twice and die. Its also the reason why i hate the swat game type in reachbigboss5ak

I surprisingly love swat. I hate having to whittle down shields to get the kill. It's also the reason I love Snipers.

Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Revolution_Ali
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Be good? Lulz, I kid.

The Reach campaign was fantastic, though lacked in some key areas. If you played it, you likely know what i'm referring to. Killzone needs to do away with the "Hurr Durr" swearing every 5 seconds (seriously, it bugged me throughout Killzone 2).

As for the multiplayer, i'm not sure. I enjoyed Killzone 2's multiplayer, and I enjoy Reach's. I have no idea what it would need to do :?

Reach's middle stages were thronged with boredom, is not it ? I just rushed to complete those middle levels, they lost their essence.But the first 3,4 opening levels of Reach were fantastic, a tremendous display of art :). But I believe that killzone 2 had more life(animations,destructions) in it as compared to Reach.
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]Killing Rico would be a good start.Doom_HellKnight

This post gets my full endorsement.

Your endorsement is most appreciated. :P

Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Revolution_Ali
Why people want always to see a Halo Killer? Let it be, no ps3 exclusive will be able to surpass Halo popularity. Miroku32
Because Halo has set a benchmark.But Miroku32 I think we should not go for popularity but for quality.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
It doesn't have to beat Halo.. But I do think it's time for some co-op in killzone.
coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts
it would need alot if featuress and a big ad campaign im looking forward to more resistance 3 then killzone to be honest
Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Revolution_Ali
It doesn't have to beat Halo.. But I do think it's time for some co-op in killzone.killerfist
So the main difference i'm seeing is multiplayer whether it's online or offline...is it ??
faithnomor3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 faithnomor3
Member since 2010 • 146 Posts

[QUOTE="Miroku32"]Why people want always to see a Halo Killer? Let it be, no ps3 exclusive will be able to surpass Halo popularity. Revolution_Ali
Because Halo has set a benchmark.But Miroku32 I think we should not go for popularity but for quality.

which the Halo franchise has Killzone beat in by miles.

it's going to take a few 343 flops to change that.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lundy86_4

Reach's middle stages were thronged with boredom, is not it ? I just rushed to complete those middle levels, they lost their essence.But the first 3,4 opening levels of Reach were fantastic, a tremendous display of art :). But I believe that killzone 2 had more life(animations,destructions) in it as compared to Reach.Revolution_Ali

It wasn't, but I actually agree with that. I hated the "Go to and do this..." missions.

The part i'm talking about mostly is the [spoiler] complete lack of foreboding when you find out Reach is being invaded by the Covenant. It was kind of like "Here we are... Whoops, the Covenant are here... We're being invaded... Winter Contingency". It could have been fleshed out a little more [/spoiler]

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

co-op would be nice.

markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 markinthedark

[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]They should add shields in some form in the multiplayer that would be a start. I just hated in kz2 where you get shot twice and die. Its also the reason why i hate the swat game type in reachlundy86_4

I surprisingly love swat. I hate having to whittle down shields to get the kill. It's also the reason I love Snipers.

my only problem with shields is headshots arent rewarded over body shots like they are with health. If they made headshots do 2x damage on shields i think swat would be an unnecessary mode. I actually really like the regenerating aspect of shields.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Personally if it says like killzone 2, it has beat it alraedy.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
More changes in environments, better story telling, map editor, better ranking system...
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]They should add shields in some form in the multiplayer that would be a start. I just hated in kz2 where you get shot twice and die. Its also the reason why i hate the swat game type in reachmarkinthedark

my only problem with shields is headshots arent rewarded over body shots like they are with health. If they made headshots do 2x damage on shields i think swat would be an unnecessary mode.

True enough. And one that I find a shame, especially when playing Slayer with DMR's. I find taking down the shield more of a hassle than anything else.

Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Revolution_Ali
More changes in environments, better story telling, map editor, better ranking system...hoosier7
Halor reach has not a best story I think.Infact Halo series is quite weak in this plot when you see games like MGS,RE,FF,ZELDA etc
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

[QUOTE="hoosier7"]More changes in environments, better story telling, map editor, better ranking system...Revolution_Ali
Halor reach has not a best story I think.Infact Halo series is quite weak in this plot when you see games like MGS,RE,FF,ZELDA etc

I thought this was a KZ vs Halo thread?

bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bigboss5ak
Member since 2007 • 2962 Posts

[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]They should add shields in some form in the multiplayer that would be a start. I just hated in kz2 where you get shot twice and die. Its also the reason why i hate the swat game type in reachlundy86_4

Halo has always been about taking down the shields first thats where the skill comes in imo. Swat just allows you to shoot one bullet and bam your dead, wheres the skill in that?? I might as well be playing cod
Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Revolution_Ali

[QUOTE="Revolution_Ali"] Reach's middle stages were thronged with boredom, is not it ? I just rushed to complete those middle levels, they lost their essence.But the first 3,4 opening levels of Reach were fantastic, a tremendous display of art :). But I believe that killzone 2 had more life(animations,destructions) in it as compared to Reach.lundy86_4

It wasn't, but I actually agree with that. I hated the "Go to and do this..." missions.

Absolutely, even the other mission where you are just rushed to do some certain things ,having no importance.

Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Revolution_Ali

[QUOTE="Revolution_Ali"][QUOTE="hoosier7"]More changes in environments, better story telling, map editor, better ranking system...waltefmoney

I used Killzone 3 just as a sample, like I said beforehand that I like bioshock more than Reach and Killzone 2.
markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 markinthedark

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]They should add shields in some form in the multiplayer that would be a start. I just hated in kz2 where you get shot twice and die. Its also the reason why i hate the swat game type in reachbigboss5ak

Halo has always been about taking down the shields first thats where the skill comes in imo. Swat just allows you to shoot one bullet and bam your dead, wheres the skill in that?? I might as well be playing cod

As i posted earlier it would be alot better and more skilled based if headshots did 2x damage on shields... 3 headshot kills with a DRM seems like the perfect balance to me.

I love the shields, just hate that headshots arent rewarded unless you are using a sniper.

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="Revolution_Ali"] Halor reach has not a best story I think.Infact Halo series is quite weak in this plot when you see games like MGS,RE,FF,ZELDA etcRevolution_Ali

I used Killzone 3 just as a sample, like I said beforehand that I like bioshock more than Reach and Killzone 2.

So this thread isn't about improving KZ3?

Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Revolution_Ali
It is more about why halo is good and what should other FPS do to meet its merit. :P
Blaze-Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Blaze-Agent
Member since 2010 • 1951 Posts

absolutely nothing. enough twictch based shooters out there already. So with that being said. Killzone should just stick to what made it Killzone (minus the unnecessary cursing)

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts
Well it should just focus on coming out for one , two it should try and keep it community alive for more than a year.
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SpiritOfFire117

It is more about why halo is good and what should other FPS do to meet its merit. :PRevolution_Ali
Then maybe you should change the title.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#38 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Has to score a 10.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

games are nothing a like lol.... both are great though

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

kz2 was a great game and one of my fav fps this gen...GG just needs to improve the formula... having online co-op modes / new ompetitive mp modes is definately a plus.. as would be SP campaign co-op :)

Fumpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Fumpa
Member since 2003 • 3307 Posts
KZ3 might be able to beat Reach if they give the game away for free.
xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

I thought KZ2 was better than Halo Reach so it doesn't have to do a thing. I will play KZ3 and make a judgement and compare it to Reach when i have it in my hands this March.

Eltormo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Eltormo
Member since 2010 • 990 Posts

They should add shields in some form in the multiplayer that would be a start. I just hated in kz2 where you get shot twice and die. Its also the reason why i hate the swat game type in reachbigboss5ak

If that happen on Killzone 3 i offically don't buy it,having to put a clip and half of bullets is not fun in any way or enjoyable,let me shoot you twice in the face to see if you live to tell the story.

That is why Halo players complain so much about MW,because MW2 you don't need to put 40 bullets to kill some one,imagine a war game like MW2 in which you need to spend a clip and half shooting some one to kill him,it would be a dissaster,there would probably be a nuke trown in each game.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

Man, Killzone 3 doesn't need to beat Reach in any way. When people say "beat", what exactly do they mean? Sales? That's not happening. Critical reception? It's possible, but not measurable right now. I know it's gonna be a kick-ass game though! Probably my favorite shooter this gen even.

I thought KZ2 was better than Halo Reach so it doesn't have to do a thing. I will play KZ3 and make a judgement and compare it to Reach when i have it in my hands this March.

xOMGITSJASONx

Hey, can you check your PM box? :) You're getting KZ3 in March? But it comes out in February! :P

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xOMGITSJASONx

[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]They should add shields in some form in the multiplayer that would be a start. I just hated in kz2 where you get shot twice and die. Its also the reason why i hate the swat game type in reachEltormo

If that happen on Killzone 3 i offically don't buy it,having to put a clip and half of bullets is not fun in any way or enjoyable,let me shoot you twice in the face to see if you live to tell the story.

That is why Halo players complain so much about MW,because MW2 you don't need to put 40 bullets to kill some one,imagine a war game like MW2 in which you need to spend a click and half shooting some one,it would be a dissaster,there would probably be a nuke trown in each game.

Lol, after beating all levels on Halo Reach on Legendary alone i can tell you that you are correct. I won't buy KZ3 if you have to shoot a person 30 times in the head like i did every Elite in the campaign lol. KZ2 is the best FPS this gen imo cause its hardcore. you get shot.. you die.. thats it. No jumping 30 feet in the air shooting the guy in the head 20 times to kill him in a Team Slayer match. KZ3 has mechs and jet packs. As long as you have to shoot a person with two bullits he dies i am happy lol.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#46 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
I don't think there is anything that can be done...
mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mystervj
Member since 2010 • 2213 Posts
KZ3 is probably looking to beat Halo Reach's MC score.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

I doubt it can. There's just too much to compete with in Reach. Forge, Multiplayer, Firefight, Co-op, Campaign Scoring, Theater, Custom Games, etc, etc.

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xOMGITSJASONx

Man, Killzone 3 doesn't need to beat Reach in any way. When people say "beat", what exactly do they mean? Sales? That's not happening. Critical reception? It's possible, but not measurable right now. I know it's gonna be a kick-ass game though! Probably my favorite shooter this gen even.

[QUOTE="xOMGITSJASONx"]

Episode_Eve

Hey, can you check your PM box? :) You're getting KZ3 in March? But it comes out in February! :P

I was thinking about Crysis 2 or somthing lol. So many games being released the first 4 months next year its ridiculous. I check your pms bro.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#50 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

I doubt it can. There's just too much to compete with in Reach. Forge, Multiplayer, Firefight, Co-op, Campaign Scoring, Theater, Custom Games, etc, etc.

DarkLink77
Aye, at least compete with reasonable grounds... like Resistance 2, or Killzone 2. :P