Conclusion of "What should Killzone 3 do to beat Halo Reach"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

great1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202 great1991
Member since 2009 • 135 Posts
Killzone just needs to be Killzone and it will do just fine.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Become highly overhyped and overrated maybe? No let them do what they want, we don't need more Halo clones.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#204 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Halo = 360 = halo. They are almost one and the same. Look at the spike in console sales for 360 every time Halo comes out. I find it to be near unbelievable that people would go buy a console for Halo, but it happens. Without Halo, xbox would have been a blip on the radar, and 360 not much better. I dont think I have ever seen one game franchise fuel a console the way Halo has for xbox/360. The only other franchise that comes to mind is Mario for Nintendo. As for Killzone 3, let it be something unique for a change. It will sell very well, not like Halo, but very well. They are making the controls more casual this time around (which I am NOT a fan of). That is as far as they need to go. No need to become a complete knockoff of another franchise.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#205 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Actually I wish Halo was more like Killzone.
pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#206 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

Well I'm not a lemming, and neither favouring anything but I don't get why people are placing Halo Reach as the benchmark of fps. What is so great about it ? I'm not saying that it is just a mediocre game, it is good infact AWESOME but not a "BEST FPS EVERMATERIAL".(only talking about single player experience)
So to all those people (with no offense :P )who think that Halo reach is the best ever then please tellSony that what should they do to make Killzone 3 "A Halo Reach Killer"
Here is my suggestion to them.....just change the name of Killzone 3 into Halo :D,and I m sure people will love it as heavens!!
and on a side note, I personally think that Bioshock had a better single player experience as compared to halo reach.I would give Halo reach campaign 8.5/10 while to bioshock I ll not hesitate to give it 9+ points from 10.

Revolution_Ali

ur gamertag shows that youve never played halo reach

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

First step is to improve the godawful sluggish movement and aiming. This is supposedly fixed already. Other thing is...Killzone 2 barely has an atmosphere becouse for the most part its so loud its tiring. Halo always has that somber music playing somewhere K2 has soldiers screaming over other soldiers screaming over abnoxious explosions everywhere.

rzepak

^^ Clearly doesn't get Killzone. It's trying to depict war, not a slumber party...

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

It doesn't need to 'beat Halo' but what it could do is create a massive community like Halo 3 did. With all the videos and machinma but I doubt Kilzone 3 could do that. It needs to focus on it's strong points which is amazing visuals, virsical action, some nice settings (hopefully some variety in KZ3 though) etc. Then KZ3 could be PS3's system seller. Maybe

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#209 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

for it to beat reach would be purely opinion, but what it should do, is stand out, one of thing things from 2 that i really enjoyed was the lightning gun, it was hugely satisfying to use but i only got to use it once which was slightly dissapointing, but it needs to have a moment or two in the game that everyone looks back on in 2011 and is like "ohhh yeah i remember that" im sure you could say that about some moments in killzone 2 but there are certain moments in games...that just stick with you, if killzone 3 can have a few of those then that will make its singleplayer component better, and as for the online ,full integration and support would definately help it, as in, what bungie did with the halo games and being able to access your game stats online, on a gurella ran site, thats what i can think of off of the top of my head

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#210 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
It doesn't need to beat Halo Reach. It isn't the same type of shooter. Battlefield and Medal of Honor and Call of Doody don't have to beat Halo to be successful either. A lot of people like those games, and Killzone, more than Halo. I love Killzone, I think 3 will be a big improvement over what was an already awesome game. I can't wait to play it.
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts
Have BUNGIE make it...
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

Not be Reach

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

Fun to drive vehicles, open sandbox areas, 4 player coop, splitscreen, map editor, etc

Edit: Sorry for the double post :?

Anyway, toast, forge is not terrible for a console editor. there are better ones like in farcry2 but most games simply dont have any.

I just cant see the point in having the editor at all. If i wanted to be creative i would just get a pencil and some paper, and if i want to make something fun I would use a pc editor.

the LBP community and people that enjoy forge world disagree.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

i really agree with a lot of posters here that have said they are different types of shooters. they really are. completely different feel and gameplay approach.

Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts
Not be a boring bland looking game ?
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 xYamatox

Not be a boring bland looking game ?Sp4rtan_3

Wow, it that's all Killzone needs to beat Reach, I guess it's already been better since KZ2...

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

KZ2 is better than Reach IMO.

I want split-screen, more guns and more maps from KZ3. Probably one of my most anticipated games.

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

Not be a boring bland looking game ?Sp4rtan_3

you must not play lot of games

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 xYamatox

KZ2 is better than Reach IMO.

I want split-screen, more guns and more maps from KZ3. Probably one of my most anticipated games.

urdead18

+1

I 100% agree. Killzone get's bashed a lot for being, "the new kid on the block", but I already feel it does better than almost all shooters when it actually comes to the shooting aspect. Can't think of another game were each bullet actually feels rewarding to hit, because of the awesome number of motion captures just for the basic Helghast soldiers.

Now with more destructable set pieces, bigger maps, waves of enemies, new gameplay mechanics such as the jetpack, Killzone 3 will more then likely become my favorite shooter of all time.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts

[QUOTE="rzepak"]

First step is to improve the godawful sluggish movement and aiming. This is supposedly fixed already. Other thing is...Killzone 2 barely has an atmosphere becouse for the most part its so loud its tiring. Halo always has that somber music playing somewhere K2 has soldiers screaming over other soldiers screaming over abnoxious explosions everywhere.

xYamatox

^^ Clearly doesn't get Killzone. It's trying to depict war, not a slumber party...

That "slumber party" music is there to remind that there is tremdous loss. :?

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#221 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="rzepak"]

SpiritOfFire117

Killzone 2 does that with exactly the stuff rzepak is complaining about. Its brutal, its concentrated warfare, and its in your face. That is what Killzone is all about. As for the controls, they are not that hard to get used to. It might take you a week or so, but then your as good as gold. Im not for changing the controls at all. It is unique and adds another dimension to the game to master. I understand why they are doing it. Too many people want the game to control like COD. Well, I guess we will see if that really makes a difference. I hope so, because I would hate to see them screw with the controls and not sell any more games than Killzone 2.
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="rzepak"]

SpiritOfFire117

Clearly you don't get Halo then. That "slumber party" music is there to remind that there is tremdous loss. :?

I'm perfectly familier with Halo. You're the one who doesn't seem to understand what Killzone is trying to achieve. Halo's orchestra would sound pathetic in Killzone, and would only drag it's atmosphere down. What works for Halo might not work for Killzone.

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

xYamatox

Clearly you don't get Halo then. That "slumber party" music is there to remind that there is tremendous loss. :?

I'm perfectly familier with Halo. You're the one who doesn't seem to understand what Killzone is trying to achieve. Halo's orchestra would sound pathetic in Killzone, and would only drag it's atmosphere down. What works for Halo might not work for Killzone.

Dude, I know very damn well what KZ tries to achieve thank you. And nowhere was I trying to imply that KZ needs to sound like Halo. YOU on the other hand were trashing Halo's sound, so don't you dare wave that finger.

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Vader993

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We will outsell bulletstorm

bryn8150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 bryn8150
Member since 2004 • 795 Posts

buy a time machine, go back to 1999, change developers and be developed by Bungie.

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

buy a time machine, go back to 1999, change developers and be developed by Bungie.

bryn8150

This . Killzone can have great graphics and what not but it will never be better than Halo .

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Vader993

[QUOTE="bryn8150"]

SpArKs424

This . Killzone can have great graphics and what not but it will never be better than Halo .

then killzone we know today will be halo,time travel will a rip hole in the fabric of time

Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
KZ doesn't need to be "better" than Halo. They both have their own FPS nitch.
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]Clearly you don't get Halo then. That "slumber party" music is there to remind that there is tremendous loss. :?

SpiritOfFire117

Dude, I know very damn well what KZ tries to achieve thank you. And nowhere was I trying to imply that KZ needs to sound like Halo. YOU on the other hand were trashing Halo's sound, so don't you dare wave that finger.

Actually, I never once mentioned Halo in my original responds to you. Read it, it's right there ^^. The explosions and battle cries of your enemies dieing in Kilzone is what I was refering to, because you said they need to be changed when that would be exteremly foolish for Guerilla Games to do, since it sets up the atmosphere of war.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#231 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Get a baseball bat and hit it when it's not looking...?

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

xYamatox

Actually, I never once mentioned Halo in my original responds to you. Read it, it's right there ^^. The explosions and battle cries of your enemies dieing in Kilzone is what I was refering to, because you said they need to be changed when that would be exteremly foolish for Guerilla Games to do, since it sets up the atmosphere of war.

I never said for GG to change ANYTHING. :|

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts
[QUOTE="-ArchAngeL-777-"][QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

Killzone 2 does that with exactly the stuff rzepak is complaining about. Its brutal, its concentrated warfare, and its in your face. That is what Killzone is all about. As for the controls, they are not that hard to get used to. It might take you a week or so, but then your as good as gold. Im not for changing the controls at all. It is unique and adds another dimension to the game to master. I understand why they are doing it. Too many people want the game to control like COD. Well, I guess we will see if that really makes a difference. I hope so, because I would hate to see them screw with the controls and not sell any more games than Killzone 2.

Good news, they arent going to make it COD controls after all. They said after that was reported, that all they are going to do is do some tuning up, and it will still have the same KZ feel that its fans like.
crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

God could take over the Killzone license and it still wouldn't be as good as Halo.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
Put it on PC.
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]Killing Rico would be a good start.Doom_HellKnight

This post gets my full endorsement.

i agree as well.

KZ has potential to be amazing.

Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#237 Revolution_Ali
Member since 2005 • 657 Posts
[QUOTE="pc-ps360"]

[QUOTE="Revolution_Ali"]

Well I'm not a lemming, and neither favouring anything but I don't get why people are placing Halo Reach as the benchmark of fps. What is so great about it ? I'm not saying that it is just a mediocre game, it is good infact AWESOME but not a "BEST FPS EVERMATERIAL".(only talking about single player experience)
So to all those people (with no offense :P )who think that Halo reach is the best ever then please tellSony that what should they do to make Killzone 3 "A Halo Reach Killer"
Here is my suggestion to them.....just change the name of Killzone 3 into Halo :D,and I m sure people will love it as heavens!!
and on a side note, I personally think that Bioshock had a better single player experience as compared to halo reach.I would give Halo reach campaign 8.5/10 while to bioshock I ll not hesitate to give it 9+ points from 10.

ur gamertag shows that youve never played halo reach

Is it necessary to put up my current gamertag on gamespot besides "December 21st" ? And by the way I don't play online that's why I was talking about "Single Player Experience".
Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Revolution_Ali

i really agree with a lot of posters here that have said they are different types of shooters. they really are. completely different feel and gameplay approach.

clone01
Every game feels different, but ultimately people have to put all the games in one merit to decide GOTY etc
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#239 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

[QUOTE="clone01"]

Revolution_Ali

Every game feels different, but ultimately people have to put all the games in one merit to decide GOTY etc

They won't be competing for game of the year.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#240 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

Be Killzone and don´t try to be Halo.

Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Revolution_Ali
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="Revolution_Ali"][QUOTE="clone01"]

They won't be competing for game of the year.

They would surely be competing for best fps this gen then, moreover there is only a lapse of 6 months between these two games launching officially.
Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Revolution_Ali

Be Killzone and don´t try to be Halo.

Arach666
Then it will certainly end up being just another fps with great graphics, lacking in sales of course,
Noble6Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Noble6Halo
Member since 2010 • 97 Posts

Add color, decent levels, a map maker better than forge world, Outstanding AI, gameplay that requires skill, Fun >>>>>>> Realism, More varied enemies, Multiplayer that doesnt suck, Story that doesnt suck, Characters that dont suck, and much much much more

Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Revolution_Ali

Add color, decent levels, a map maker better than forge world, Outstanding AI, gameplay that requires skill, Fun >>>>>>> Realism, More varied enemies, Multiplayer that doesnt suck, Story that doesnt suck, Characters that dont suck, and much much much more

Noble6Halo
Well I agree on your point that Fun is better than Reality.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#245 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Killing Rico would be a good start.SpiritOfFire117
LOL yup. Agreed.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#246 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="Noble6Halo"]

Revolution_Ali
Well I agree on your point that Fun is better than Reality.

I totally agree with this on so many levels. At one point of my gaming life, I thought realism was so important. But after playing Killzone 2, I really dont care for super-realistic graphics and gameplay. Fun is definitely greater than realism.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Noble6Halo

Well it already has a mp that doesint suck. The character and story is meh,but thats goes for basicly every fps out there execpt maybe HL2 and bioshock and some rpg fps. KZ fighters are not alien in the sense of halo so they dont come in overly different looks. So you wont see a monkey and a little person in KZ it just wouldint make sense. KZ is not trying to be colorful. Levels are fine and the ai is great. Gameplay that requires skill???where that came from. I will give you the forge thign though since well KZ doesint have it. Also I played reach and I do like the MP,but sometimes I dont want to jump 50 feet in the air and shoot people in my fps mp. Though it was still fun.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#249 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44689 Posts
refined button mapping should be a great start, they can ponder it over a casual breakfast and have it all worked out by lunch
Noble6Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Noble6Halo
Member since 2010 • 97 Posts

[QUOTE="Noble6Halo"]

finalfantasy94

Well it already has a mp that doesint suck. The character and story is meh,but thats goes for basicly every fps out there execpt maybe HL2 and bioshock and some rpg fps. KZ fighters are not alien in the sense of halo so they dont come in overly different looks. So you wont see a monkey and a little person in KZ it just wouldint make sense. KZ is not trying to be colorful. Levels are fine and the ai is great. Gameplay that requires skill???where that came from. I will give you the forge thign though since well KZ doesint have it. Also I played reach and I do like the MP,but sometimes I dont want to jump 50 feet in the air and shoot people in my fps mp. Though it was still fun.

Halo has an awesome story though with very good fleshed out character development that no PS3 exclusive could dream of having. Not to mention how memorable the characters are I mean come on Master Chief is and always will be the face of gaming. Yeah but they could change there armor color and the way it looks instead of fighting a black/grey enemy in a black/grey background. Yes Killzone is not trying to be colorful and thats why it fails. Halo Reach can have great graphics, color, huge sandbox enviroments and AI that makes the helghast crap themselves. Killzone can only have good graphics. As for gameplay that requires skill: I dont know how many times I pulled off accidental headshots firing from the hip in Killzone and how easy it is to just get to a high point and camp for someone with a big light on there head to shoot it not to mention how easy it is to spawn trap people. Halo Reach also has a way better soundtrack and more balance than Killzone. It also has better maps and multiplayer modes. As I mentioned earlier and was backed up by numerous people Fun is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than reality