Bioshock: Infinite HYPE THREAD (56k) 9.0 @ GS! (96 @ MC)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
The alternate cover is even worse than the original cover.Stevo_the_gamer
I laugh at your terrible opinion from the future.
#202 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2685 posts) -

The 1999 mode rises my interest. Hopefully it will turn the gameplay into actual survival horror unlike Bioshock 1 & 2.

#203 Posted by EPaul (9906 posts) -

AAA

#204 Posted by GD1551 (9155 posts) -

The recent footage of this game looks pretty underwhelming, I think it might get 8 or less.

#205 Posted by aroxx_ab (9434 posts) -

Its been way to much trailers from this game, just give me the game dammit :P

#206 Posted by themagicbum9720 (6505 posts) -
i think ill preorder this on steam tomorrow. hopefully it wont be a chore to finish like far cry 3.
#207 Posted by Wanderer5 (25700 posts) -

Ign review in progress is up and their full review will come on Thursday.

Comments that the 360 version (and I guessing the PS3 version too) suffer from some muddy and low rez textures and slight framerate dips (reminded the reviewer of the console versions of Dishonored in some ways), but this is minor stuff and pretty much expected.

Anyway about a week to go!

#208 Posted by Frostbite24 (4534 posts) -

AAA only game I'm looking forward to this entire year. On PC of course.

#209 Posted by Joedgabe (5111 posts) -

AAA on PC :P

#210 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -

The 1999 mode rises my interest. Hopefully it will turn the gameplay into actual survival horror unlike Bioshock 1 & 2.

BlbecekBobecek
Survival horror. Neat take.

The recent footage of this game looks pretty underwhelming, I think it might get 8 or less.

GD1551
All non believes will cower before its excellence.
#211 Posted by kozzy1234 (35230 posts) -

Hope it is as good as the first two.

Don't know why people act like the 2nd one sucked or isnt a proper part of the series.

If anything this one doesnt look much like the first two games/this series much. Just look at the art design and atmosphere, its way different then the first two.

I am hopign this new one kicks ass, but I am getting a little worried to be 100% honest.

Loved the first two games, hope this one is good to.

#212 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -

Don't know why people act like the 2nd one sucked or isnt a proper part of the series.

If anything this one doesnt look much like the first two games/this series much. Just look at the art design and atmosphere, its way different then the first two.

I am hopign this new one kicks ass, but I am getting a little worried to be 100% honest.

kozzy1234
BioShock 2 was made by 2K Marin, not Irrational. In my eyes, Infinite is the sequel the first game deserves.
#213 Posted by dracolich55 (2343 posts) -
This really SHOULD be stickied...
#214 Posted by dracolich55 (2343 posts) -
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

NAPK1NS
BioShock 2 was made by 2K Marin, not Irrational. In my eyes, Infinite is the sequel the first game deserves.

B2 wasn't that bad, it did some things better than the first. The story and protagonist were much more engaging, you actually were SOMEONE instead of some floating pair of hands with a sweater sleeve. And the ending as well, B2 seemed to get better as it went on while the original dropped in quality after Andrew Ryan.
#215 Posted by chocolate1325 (32490 posts) -

Hyping this as a AAA title hopefully it will be what Bioshock 2 should have been. The first was amazing the second a letdown hopefully the third one is a return to form. My most anticapted game of the year.

#216 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7283 posts) -

I'm calling a AAA

#217 Posted by silversix_ (14232 posts) -
It won't just be an AAAE but a 9.5/10.
#218 Posted by Blabadon (26132 posts) -

I wonder one thing about this boxart...

Official_cover_art_for_Bioshock_Infinite

If you turn the box around, do you see this ?:P

1288056985_img2.jpg

R4gn4r0k
Why have I not seen this post yet.
#219 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5237 posts) -
Got it on pre-order. Whats with all the American stuff? I am guessing AAA on PS3 of course.
#220 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -
Got it on pre-order. Whats with all the American stuff? I am guessing AAA on PS3 of course.TheWalkingGhost
in 2009 Irrational Games planed on making Bioshock Infinite in the renaissance, but the idea was scrapped do to Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed 2. And that is "whats up with all the American Stuff". Happy 26th March (Bioshock Day).
#221 Posted by Planeforger (15621 posts) -
I'm not too keen on this one (especially since the first one was simply not as good as everyone claimed it was), but the massive advertising money-fueled hype machine is pretty much assuring this one a 9.5 everywhere.
#222 Posted by _Matt_ (8902 posts) -

so hyped for this game. will buy for my new rig in July :D

#223 Posted by DivineSword (15751 posts) -

Didn't realize TC prepared this thread since 2011, AA from me.

#224 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21683 posts) -
AAA. Believe.
#225 Posted by CTR360 (7031 posts) -
nice thread i cant wait for bioshock infinite i all ready pre-ordered the 360 version
#226 Posted by sts106mat (19323 posts) -

too bad that idiot yesterday tried to ruin the ending for lots of people, hopefully what he said was wrong....but who cares about a lowlife like him...what a dickhead....

this is still going to be a fantastic experience and almost certainly my GOTY.

#227 Posted by _Matt_ (8902 posts) -

too bad that idiot yesterday tried to ruin the ending for lots of people, hopefully what he said was wrong....but who cares about a lowlife like him...what a dickhead....

this is still going to be a fantastic experience and almost certainly my GOTY.

sts106mat

Thankfully I managed to avoid any threads with that person in yesterday. But I heard about it, sorry to anyone who had it ruined by such a jackass.

#228 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
AAA
#229 Posted by silversix_ (14232 posts) -

this year's goty is between this and TLOU. Can't see any games (including gta5) coming close.

#230 Posted by sts106mat (19323 posts) -

this year's goty is between this and TLOU. Can't see any games (including gta5) coming close.

silversix_
I reckon GTA5 has a very, very good chance....Rockstar have been on it for ages and they wont let a GTA game be sh1t. expect everyone to start getting super excited when gameplay is shown. Also, how come no news on the next COD? yet, isn't it around this time we get rumours that everyone already knew about?
#231 Posted by _Matt_ (8902 posts) -

[QUOTE="silversix_"]

sts106mat

I reckon GTA5 has a very, very good chance....Rockstar have been on it for ages and they wont let a GTA game be sh1t. expect everyone to start getting super excited when gameplay is shown. Also, how come no news on the next COD? yet, isn't it around this time we get rumours that everyone already knew about?

So long as it doesn't get completely overrated like GTA IV did in my eyes. 

#232 Posted by andmcq (259 posts) -

I'm not too keen on this one (especially since the first one was simply not as good as everyone claimed it was), but the massive advertising money-fueled hype machine is pretty much assuring this one a 9.5 everywhere. Planeforger

I agree. Thought the first one didn't do anything special at all. Nice game but nothing extraordinary.

Looking through the youtube gameplay videos... what's so special about Infinite. It looks fairly generic, probably a solid game, but why so much hype I wonder.

#233 Posted by NuclearFlower (575 posts) -
Why is this thread so dead? I thought this was a huge release and it'd have 100s of posts. Hell, even Gears of Duty: Judgement is more active than this. I'm confused.
#234 Posted by Agent-Tojed (162 posts) -

Why is this thread so dead? I thought this was a huge release and it'd have 100s of posts. Hell, even Gears of Duty: Judgement is more active than this. I'm confused.NuclearFlower
Game comes out in 4 days, people are spoiling it left and right. People are cautious to come onto the internet, let alone this thread.

#235 Posted by KungfuKitten (20960 posts) -

Mmmmm I preordered it from Greenmangaming but the code doesn't seem to do anything.
::shakes code::

#236 Posted by NuclearFlower (575 posts) -

[QUOTE="NuclearFlower"]Why is this thread so dead? I thought this was a huge release and it'd have 100s of posts. Hell, even Gears of Duty: Judgement is more active than this. I'm confused.Agent-Tojed

Game comes out in 4 days, people are spoiling it left and right. People are cautious to come onto the internet, let alone this thread.

I really doubt that's a big part of it. People ALWAYS go spoiling big releases left and right, I don't see how this is any different. Just odd that's there's literally no hype for this game on SW.
#237 Posted by Quaker-w00ts (1585 posts) -

Signed up with the Amazon credit card and got $30 so I pre-ordered the LE.

So Stoked

#238 Posted by padaporra (3406 posts) -

Good to see X-COM was unlocked as a pre-order bonus. 

#239 Posted by AvIdGaMeR444 (7014 posts) -

Considering how many people seemed to dislike Bioshock 2, the crazy hype for Infinite doesn't make much sense.

#240 Posted by ferret-gamer (17310 posts) -

[QUOTE="Agent-Tojed"]

[QUOTE="NuclearFlower"]Why is this thread so dead? I thought this was a huge release and it'd have 100s of posts. Hell, even Gears of Duty: Judgement is more active than this. I'm confused.NuclearFlower

I really doubt that's a big part of it. People ALWAYS go spoiling big releases left and right, I don't see how this is any different. Just odd that's there's literally no hype for this game on SW.

A day or two ago, there was a level one going making threads and posts everywhere spoiling the end of the game. People are wary of Bioshock related things on GS after that.

#241 Posted by dracolich55 (2343 posts) -

Considering how many people seemed to dislike Bioshock 2, the crazy hype for Infinite doesn't make much sense.

AvIdGaMeR444
There made my different devs, the people who made the first are the ones making infinite. The 2nd was made by a different 2k team. And i loved Bioshock 2 BTW.
#242 Posted by silversix_ (14232 posts) -

[QUOTE="silversix_"]

sts106mat

gta 5 will certainly not be a bad game cuz its Rockstar and they know sup but will it be original enough to win goty against TLOU/Infinite? I don't think so.

#243 Posted by Newhopes (4529 posts) -

Probably won't pick this up, Bioshock with out rapture isn't really appealing to me.

#244 Posted by padaporra (3406 posts) -

We'll probably be some reviews late today. 

#245 Posted by Blabadon (26132 posts) -
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

dracolich55
There made my different devs, the people who made the first are the ones making infinite. The 2nd was made by a different 2k team. And i loved Bioshock 2 BTW.

Why did that even happen?
#246 Posted by Slashkice (13086 posts) -

IGN review is up. 9.4

#247 Posted by jg4xchamp (47841 posts) -
Isn't that an exclusive review? Not that I don't want the game to be amazing, I expect amazing. It's just...on top of being IGN it's an exclusive review no?
#248 Posted by Slashkice (13086 posts) -

Exclusive review, yeah. I kinda expected them to go closer to a ten just based on that.

#249 Posted by jg4xchamp (47841 posts) -
"Would you kindly play BioShock Infinite?" Of course they went with that.
#250 Posted by Wanderer5 (25700 posts) -

IGN review is up. 9.4

Slashkice

The PC version got a 9.5. Still very impressive on all fronts anyway.