Bioshock: Infinite HYPE THREAD (56k) 9.0 @ GS! (96 @ MC)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]When the hell are the real reviews going to come out?Frostbite24
Embargo lifts at 5:00AM EST.

Tomorrow or Tuesday?

Tonight.
#302 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5310 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] There is a season pass for this game.the_bi99man

Must have missed that. Makes me question pre ordering it.

Yeah, that kind of pissed me off when I heard that. I've had this game on preorder for over a year. Just knowing that there's going to be DLC (not to mention enough to warrant a season pass), leaves an extremely sour taste in my mouth. I really hoped Ken Levine/Irrational were above that. Oh well, I guess. I'm sure the game will be great, and if it's as great as I hope it's going to be, I'll pick up the DLC (albeit begrudgingly) when it can be had for dirt cheap.

They must think DLC will increase the life of their game, when so many sales are in the front end and used game sales they get zero cut of, I guess they need some way to get their money back. Want a real pisser? Don't buy GOTY editions used, the codes are only valid once. Shame on gamestop for advertising them as GOTY and charging as such, only to fail to mention you don't get the DLC. I am thinking about cancelling my GTAV pre order and wait for the complete edition like they did with GTAIV.
#303 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

GameSpot, your hype is weak. I'm on GAF and the feels are good. NAPK1NS

I'm there too and yeah it's so much more hyped than here, the OT there is huge

#304 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Oh and TC update the OP...

gamespot 9/10

GS written review - "Mind Blowing ending you won't soon forget"

Gametrailers - 9.4

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/...nfinite-review

PC Games - 91%

http://www.pcgames.de/Bioshock-Infin...end-1061796/2/

Also sitting at 95 on MC right now

Adam Sessler 5/5

2013-03-2513_55_55-bi93faj.png

#305 Posted by Heil68 (44607 posts) -
Saw this youtube comment "Is it just me or did he spoil way to much of the story in this review than really was needed?" Not taking a chance, not watching review or any review for that matter.
#306 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Saw this youtube comment "Is it just me or did he spoil way to much of the story in this review than really was needed?" Not taking a chance, not watching review or any review for that matter. Heil68

Same, I haven't even listened to a word in any of the reviews. Wanna experience everything myself

#307 Posted by Heil68 (44607 posts) -
Bump for Sean's sanity
#308 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Bump for Sean's sanity Heil68

I'm perfectly sane lol 

#309 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Wow seems I might have to get this.
#310 Posted by Heil68 (44607 posts) -
Wow seems I might have to get this.kuraimen
You dont have any consoles or a PC tho, what you gonna play it on? :P
#311 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -
Maybe this game is really good. Never played any Bioshock before, This will be the first.
#312 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Wow seems I might have to get this.Heil68

Tomorrow cannot come soon enough..... I'm just hoping for a midnight release.
#313 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

Its a Paid Review. SNIPER4321

close20door.gif

#315 Posted by freedomfreak (40630 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]Its a Paid Review. rjdofu

close20door.gif

Gets me everytime.
#316 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Wow seems I might have to get this.Heil68

The library let's me use theirs as long as I use headphones.
#317 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Wow, great scores.

Now I feel kinda sad that this has been spoiled for me...
Can I play this game if I've never played a Bioshock game before ? Or do you need to play the earlier installments first ?

#318 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
You guys make my stomach turn. You look at a couple of delays and assume the game falling apart when it's just being polished up. Then a gaming publication says it's green and those people do a double take. Dude, know your companies and know your games and this doesn't need to happen. Sigh. Okay, I'm done. Glad this got a nice score! I'm all pre-loaded and ready for midnight. So. Excited.
#319 Posted by freedomfreak (40630 posts) -

Wow, great scores.

Can I play this game if I've never played a Bioshock game before ? Or do you need to play the earlier installments first ?

Sagem28
No.
#320 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]Its a Paid Review. freedomfreak

close20door.gif

Gets me everytime.

Same :lol: it's perfect

#321 Posted by Heil68 (44607 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Wow seems I might have to get this.Animal-Mother

Tomorrow cannot come soon enough..... I'm just hoping for a midnight release.

I'm getting mine after work. I might even play it later that night! :o
#322 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Wow, great scores.

freedomfreak

No.

Shame.

#323 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

Wow, great scores.

Sagem28
Just jump right in.
#324 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

You guys make my stomach turn. You look at a couple of delays and assume the game falling apart when it's just being polished up. Then a gaming publication says it's green and those people do a double take. Dude, know your companies and know your games and this doesn't need to happen. Sigh. Okay, I'm done. Glad this got a nice score! I'm all pre-loaded and ready for midnight. So. Excited. NAPK1NS

As soon as I saw Ken Levine and Troy Baker on the job I was fcking sold and delays always meant polish for this game to me. 

#325 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Wow, great scores.

Sagem28

Nope. Not related at all as far as we know. Just jump right in with this game

#326 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -

Wow, great scores.

Sagem28
(Pardon the double post). I think conceptually there will be parallels to BioShock, but it's not a prerequisite. Both BioShock and Infinite are made by Irrational Games, while BioShock 2 was developed by 2K Marin. At some point you should check out the first game, but the second is only a supplemental good time, and not a great time.
#327 Posted by freedomfreak (40630 posts) -
Shame. Sagem28
? It's not a sequel or anything.
#328 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

Great reviews and the green light from my homeboi Kevin, awesome.

#329 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]You guys make my stomach turn. You look at a couple of delays and assume the game falling apart when it's just being polished up. Then a gaming publication says it's green and those people do a double take. Dude, know your companies and know your games and this doesn't need to happen. Sigh. Okay, I'm done. Glad this got a nice score! I'm all pre-loaded and ready for midnight. So. Excited. seanmcloughlin

As soon as I saw Ken Levine and Troy Baker on the job I was fcking sold and delays always meant polish for this game to me. 

Of course, man. Those are some of the greats of the industry. Don't ask questions, just pass the greenbacks.
#330 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]Shame. freedomfreak

Whoops.

I figured you said no to my question if I could play this game without playing the first ones :P

I might just play this.

#331 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Wow, great scores.

NAPK1NS

(Pardon the double post). I think conceptually there will be parallels to BioShock, but it's not a prerequisite. Both BioShock and Infinite are made by Irrational Games, while BioShock 2 was developed by 2K Marin. At some point you should check out the first game, but the second is only a supplemental good time, and not a great time.

It looks really good...

I think I'll go pick it up. My first ever Bioshock game.

#332 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sagem28"]Shame. freedomfreak

You just said no.
#333 Posted by freedomfreak (40630 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Sagem28"]Shame. Sagem28

Whoops.

I figured you said no to my question if I could play this game without playing the first ones :P

I might just play this.

Doesn't hurt to play the first 2 ones. But it's not necessary.
#334 Posted by freedomfreak (40630 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Sagem28"]Shame. faizan_faizan

You just said no.

To his second question.
#335 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7294 posts) -

Oh and TC update the OP...

gamespot 9/10

GS written review - "Mind Blowing ending you won't soon forget"

Gametrailers - 9.4

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/...nfinite-review

PC Games - 91%

http://www.pcgames.de/Bioshock-Infin...end-1061796/2/

Also sitting at 95 on MC right now

Adam Sessler 5/5

2013-03-2513_55_55-bi93faj.png

seanmcloughlin

One of the best games this gen for sure. Sessler even put it up there with Uncharted 2. Can't wait get it on Steam.

#336 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"][QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Wow, great scores.

Sagem28

It looks really good...

I think I'll go pick it up. My first ever Bioshock game.

Enjoy, my friend. And remember, take it slow! Soak up the world design.
#337 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]You guys make my stomach turn. You look at a couple of delays and assume the game falling apart when it's just being polished up. Then a gaming publication says it's green and those people do a double take. Dude, know your companies and know your games and this doesn't need to happen. Sigh. Okay, I'm done. Glad this got a nice score! I'm all pre-loaded and ready for midnight. So. Excited. NAPK1NS

Of course, man. Those are some of the greats of the industry. Don't ask questions, just pass the greenbacks.

BTW I assume you're under the same name on GAF? I think I remember seeing your name there

#338 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] ? It's not a sequel or anything.

You just said no.

To his second question.

Oh.
#339 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

OMG! this game looks sooo artsy, and perfect! ugh i need it

#340 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Enjoy, my friend. And remember, take it slow! Soak up the world design. NAPK1NS

I tend to do just that, my first Deus Ex Hr playthrough took me ages, I was just looking around all the time :P

Maybe I'll just read up on the lore for Bioshock, I really don't know anything about the world.

#341 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
I'll get it soon.
#342 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

BTW I assume you're under the same name on GAF? I think I remember seeing your name there

seanmcloughlin
Yeah, that's me! I keep seeing a guy with your avatar and it got me wondering...

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]

Enjoy, my friend. And remember, take it slow! Soak up the world design. Sagem28

I tend to do just that, my first Deus Ex Hr playthrough took me ages, I was just looking around all the time :P

Maybe I'll just read up on the lore for Bioshock, I really don't know anything about the world.

Make sure not to spoil the ending if you've avoided it all these years. It's a real "shocker," and really flips the world on the players head. The best efforts of the game is its ability to comine FPS mechanics with a multilayered narrative. These games don't come around often.
#343 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

How come the GS reviews don't mention the crippling technical problems on the console versions?

#344 Posted by FinalFighters (1483 posts) -
Great review. Cant wait for tomorrow!
#345 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
From Joystiq: "Undoubtedly the finest game crafted by Irrational Games, BioShock Infinite is one of the best told stories of this generation. It simply cannot be missed." Aaaaaannndd its outta' here!
#346 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

]Yeah, that's me! I keep seeing a guy with your avatar and it got me wondering...

.NAPK1NS

Aye, that would be me :P

#347 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

From Joystiq: "Undoubtedly the finest game crafted by Irrational Games, BioShock Infinite is one of the best told stories of this generation. It simply cannot be missed." Aaaaaannndd its outta' here!NAPK1NS

Fvck, come on steam unpack faster !!!

#348 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]From Joystiq: "Undoubtedly the finest game crafted by Irrational Games, BioShock Infinite is one of the best told stories of this generation. It simply cannot be missed." Aaaaaannndd its outta' here!seanmcloughlin

BRO I KNOW. I hate that the HD texture pack unlocks at midnight. I won't boot up the game without it, but man...
#349 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]From Joystiq: "Undoubtedly the finest game crafted by Irrational Games, BioShock Infinite is one of the best told stories of this generation. It simply cannot be missed." Aaaaaannndd its outta' here!NAPK1NS

BRO I KNOW. I hate that the HD texture pack unlocks at midnight. I won't boot up the game without it, but man...

It's finished :D I'm IN !! I will play it for a while first and download the HD thing overnight I think

#350 Posted by BPoole96 (22801 posts) -
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]From Joystiq: "Undoubtedly the finest game crafted by Irrational Games, BioShock Infinite is one of the best told stories of this generation. It simply cannot be missed." Aaaaaannndd its outta' here!NAPK1NS

Any word on the size of that texture pack?