Bioshock: Infinite HYPE THREAD (56k) 9.0 @ GS! (96 @ MC)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by padaporra (3437 posts) -

I wanted 10 for this game. 

#252 Posted by JamDev (987 posts) -
Would advise people that are sensitive about spoilers not to read the IGN review. Doesn't go into specifics but does talk about the latter part of the story.
#253 Posted by NuclearFlower (575 posts) -

[QUOTE="dracolich55"][QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

Considering how many people seemed to dislike Bioshock 2, the crazy hype for Infinite doesn't make much sense.

Blabadon

There made my different devs, the people who made the first are the ones making infinite. The 2nd was made by a different 2k team. And i loved Bioshock 2 BTW.

Why did that even happen?

Because Irrational had no interest in ever doing another BioShock game in Rapture, if I'm not mistaken.

I like BioShock 2, also. Of course the story is crap, but the gameplay is fantastic and a huge improvement over the clunky BioShock 1.

It is a videogame after all. Gameplay>>>>Story.

#255 Posted by Chris_Williams (14882 posts) -

so people forgot that IGN got the game super early to review before everyone else and the game had heavy advertising on their website? 

#256 Posted by Krelian-co (12582 posts) -

[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

Considering how many people seemed to dislike Bioshock 2, the crazy hype for Infinite doesn't make much sense.

dracolich55

There made my different devs, the people who made the first are the ones making infinite. The 2nd was made by a different 2k team. And i loved Bioshock 2 BTW.

i loved both, they are different, and i think bioshock 1 was superior, BUT both are great. My hype-o-meter has already reached unmeasurable levels for infinite :D

#257 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

and the game had heavy advertising on their website? 

Chris_Williams

Homefront had heavy advertising here.

The exclusive is the only shady part, but the part where you should stop paying attention is "IGN". Anything after that is sorta irrelevant.

#258 Posted by the_bi99man (11058 posts) -

[QUOTE="dracolich55"][QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

Blabadon

Why did that even happen?

2k wanted a direct sequel, in the same universe, and Irrational/Ken Levine wanted to do more of a "spiritual successor" kind of thing, like Bioshock Infinite. So, Irrational made Bioshock, 2k Marin made Bioshock 2, and Irrational has been working on Infinite since before Bioshock 2 shipped.

#260 Posted by Frostbite24 (4534 posts) -

IGN is such a joke, I'll take this review with a grain of salt.

#262 Posted by Chris_Williams (14882 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

Cherokee_Jack

The exclusive is the only shady part, but the part where you should stop paying attention is "IGN". Anything after that is sorta irrelevant.

well everyone was making a big deal out of it and honestly when they got the exclusive first review I knew it was going to score at minimum a 9. But yeah IGN is a joke, I know infinite is going to be great but I rather wait for review sites that didn't get an incentive to give it a high score.
#263 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

Dayuuum!!!

#264 Posted by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="silversix_"]

this year's goty is between this and TLOU. Can't see any games (including gta5) coming close.

silversix_

I reckon GTA5 has a very, very good chance....Rockstar have been on it for ages and they wont let a GTA game be sh1t. expect everyone to start getting super excited when gameplay is shown. Also, how come no news on the next COD? yet, isn't it around this time we get rumours that everyone already knew about?

gta 5 will certainly not be a bad game cuz its Rockstar and they know sup but will it be original enough to win goty against TLOU/Infinite? I don't think so.

it doesn't need to be original. it's GTA.
#265 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -
this year's goty is between this and TLOU. Can't see any games (including gta5) coming close.

silversix_

Ah, NO.

#266 Posted by sukraj (23818 posts) -

waiting for gamespot review

#267 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5482 posts) -

waiting for gamespot review

sukraj
I need a laugh. Sticky this thread!
#268 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5482 posts) -
Kind of hoping for a multiplayer part. Oh well.
#269 Posted by Lulekani (2151 posts) -
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

Chris_Williams

well everyone was making a big deal out of it and honestly when they got the exclusive first review I knew it was going to score at minimum a 9. But yeah IGN is a joke, I know infinite is going to be great but I rather wait for review sites that didn't get an incentive to give it a high score.

They didnt buy the whole review, they paid for just the score. Because honesly who's gona go in there and embrace their wonderful gift of reading. Besides, 2K's "investment" might just pay off.
#270 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17471 posts) -

"Would you kindly play BioShock Infinite?" Of course they went with that.jg4xchamp

What did you expect from 9GN ?

#271 Posted by laptopfullcare (1 posts) -
You asked nicely, so deleted. I'm hyping AAA1/2. That's a 9.5, homie. Good post though. Didn't know...pretty much any of that info about the game. Sounds really good. But nah. Make that AAA hype
#272 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
Kind of hoping for a multiplayer part. Oh well.TheWalkingGhost
No. No, stop.
#273 Posted by Lulekani (2151 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]Kind of hoping for a multiplayer part. Oh well.NAPK1NS
No. No, stop.

wait, let him finnish, he maybe on to something. . . . Plus, alil Co-op would be nice.
#274 Posted by Krelian-co (12582 posts) -

Its a Paid Review. SNIPER4321

YEAH THERE IS NO WAY a sequel to one of the best games in the genre made by the same great developer with such a great budget and that is being made with details in mind can get great scores, OBVIOUSLY.

#275 Posted by Mrmedia01 (1917 posts) -

Waiting for Gamespot and Metacritic overall rating.

Gamespot Reviews for the win, because they don't sugar coat crap.

#276 Posted by Krelian-co (12582 posts) -

Mrmedia01

gamespot reviews are terrible, but thats just imho, i would suggest you to wait for youtube review of angryjoe, of all the reviewers i watch he seems to be the most unbiased one

#277 Posted by Badosh (12741 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mrmedia01"]

Krelian-co

gamespot reviews are terrible, but thats just imho, i would suggest you to wait for youtube review of angryjoe, of all the reviewers i watch he seems to be the most unbiased one, just a suggestion.

Angryjoe is a 360 fanboy, so no.
#278 Posted by Krelian-co (12582 posts) -

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="Mrmedia01"]

Badosh

gamespot reviews are terrible, but thats just imho, i would suggest you to wait for youtube review of angryjoe, of all the reviewers i watch he seems to be the most unbiased one, just a suggestion.

he has a 360 instead of ps3, doesn't make it a fanboy, he never trash talks ps3 or engages in console wars. Plus i think his multiplats he mostly plays them on pc.

#279 Posted by Joedgabe (5132 posts) -

[QUOTE="Badosh"][QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Krelian-co

he has a 360 instead of ps3, doesn't make it a fanboy, he never trash talks ps3 or engages in console wars. Plus i think his multiplats he mostly plays them on pc.

I believe he discriminates games on the PS3 thought i don't really see his reviews is what i read at least. :P still i doubt angry joe is a credible source of intelligence.. he's more like someone trying to make people laugh in my opinion.

#280 Posted by Krelian-co (12582 posts) -

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="Badosh"] Angryjoe is a 360 fanboy, so no. Joedgabe

I believe he discriminates games on the PS3 thought i don't really see his reviews is what i read at least. :P still i doubt angry joe is a credible source of intelligence.. he's more like someone trying to make people laugh in my opinion.

i watch a lot of reviewers, is true he doesn't review ps exclusives since he doesn't have one but i don't see that as discrimination, he just likes xbox, he even already said he was getting a ps4. He makes goofy review that's true but he almost always is spot on on what he says about a game on my experience, you should check some of his reviews and give him a chance. I personally like that he makes his reviews funny but also make good points about the games he reviews.

#281 Posted by soapman72 (2714 posts) -

I want to buy it at launch but don't want to spend the money...poor me...maybe wait for a goty edition? Or Black Friday?

#282 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5482 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]Kind of hoping for a multiplayer part. Oh well.NAPK1NS
No. No, stop.

Because online Co-Ops are such a bad thing....
#283 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5482 posts) -

I want to buy it at launch but don't want to spend the money...poor me...maybe wait for a goty edition? Or Black Friday?

soapman72
Why does everybody assume every game will get a GOTY edition? Neither of the other two did.....
#284 Posted by Plagueless (2569 posts) -
[QUOTE="soapman72"]

TheWalkingGhost
Why does everybody assume every game will get a GOTY edition? Neither of the other two did.....

The other 2 didn't have any/enough DLC to warrant a GOTY edition.
#285 Posted by Obviously_Right (5320 posts) -

Game looks like a solid 7

#286 Posted by Badosh (12741 posts) -

Game looks like a solid 7

Obviously_Right
70/10. Yeah.
#288 Posted by Wickerman777 (1513 posts) -

Would be awesome if they'd come up with a triple-pack for the next-gen consoles at 1080p/60fps. But that almost certainly won't happen.

#289 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5482 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="soapman72"]

Plagueless

And this one would?
#290 Posted by BPoole96 (22811 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"] Why does everybody assume every game will get a GOTY edition? Neither of the other two did.....

And this one would?

There is a season pass for this game.
#291 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5482 posts) -
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="Plagueless"] The other 2 didn't have any/enough DLC to warrant a GOTY edition.

And this one would?

Must have missed that. Makes me question pre ordering it.
#292 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
GameSpot, your hype is weak. I'm on GAF and the feels are good.
#293 Posted by the_bi99man (11058 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="soapman72"]

Plagueless

Exactly. And when I, for one, say "GOTY edition", I mean any kind of "complete edition" that comes packaged with previously released DLC. Might not necessarily be called "game of the year edition". And yeah, Bioshock 1 and 2 didn't have any DLC.

#294 Posted by the_bi99man (11058 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]And this one would?TheWalkingGhost

Must have missed that. Makes me question pre ordering it.

Yeah, that kind of pissed me off when I heard that. I've had this game on preorder for over a year. Just knowing that there's going to be DLC (not to mention enough to warrant a season pass), leaves an extremely sour taste in my mouth. I really hoped Ken Levine/Irrational were above that. Oh well, I guess. I'm sure the game will be great, and if it's as great as I hope it's going to be, I'll pick up the DLC (albeit begrudgingly) when it can be had for dirt cheap.

#295 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -

[QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"] Why does everybody assume every game will get a GOTY edition? Neither of the other two did.....the_bi99man

Exactly. And when I, for one, say "GOTY edition", I mean any kind of "complete edition" that comes packaged with previously released DLC. Might not necessarily be called "game of the year edition". And yeah, Bioshock 1 and 2 didn't have any DLC.

Negative. BioShock 1 had a pack with new plasmids. The sequel had two map packs, a "protector trial" thing, and Minerva's Den. That's all nitpicking information, but it's correct.
#296 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28274 posts) -
When the hell are the real reviews going to come out?
#297 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
When the hell are the real reviews going to come out?sammyjenkis898
Embargo lifts at 5:00AM EST.
#298 Posted by the_bi99man (11058 posts) -

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="Plagueless"] The other 2 didn't have any/enough DLC to warrant a GOTY edition.NAPK1NS

Negative. BioShock 1 had a pack with new plasmids. The sequel had two map packs, a "protector trial" thing, and Minerva's Den. That all nitpicking information, but it's correct.

Wasn't the bioshock 1 new plasmid pack distributed as a patch, though? And for free? The last time I replayed Bioshock 1, I just installed it like normal, updated it to the latest version, and it had new plasmids I didn't recognize from when I played it when it was new. And were the map packs for Bioshock 2 all multiplayer stuff? If so, doesn't count. :P Multiplayer Bioshock = :lol:

#299 Posted by Frostbite24 (4534 posts) -

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"][QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

Negative. BioShock 1 had a pack with new plasmids. The sequel had two map packs, a "protector trial" thing, and Minerva's Den. That all nitpicking information, but it's correct.

Wasn't the bioshock 1 new plasmid pack distributed as a patch, though? And for free? The last time I replayed Bioshock 1, I just installed it like normal, updated it to the latest version, and it had new plasmids I didn't recognize from when I played it when it was new. And were the map packs for Bioshock 2 all multiplayer stuff? If so, doesn't count. :P Multiplayer Bioshock = :lol:

Yeah the extra plasmids were included in a free patch.
#300 Posted by Frostbite24 (4534 posts) -
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]When the hell are the real reviews going to come out?NAPK1NS
Embargo lifts at 5:00AM EST.

Tomorrow or Tuesday?