Bioshock: Infinite HYPE THREAD (56k) 9.0 @ GS! (96 @ MC)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by WTA2k5 (3997 posts) -

[QUOTE="WTA2k5"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] no.PinnacleGamingP

Really? Do you think Andrew Ryan's speech in which he explains pretty much everything that has happened in the game up to that point and starts shouting the main theme of the game at you several times is is a brilliant and subtle moment in the history video game storytelling?

thats why it stands out. also one speech doesnt make whole game heavy handed. the speech section was awesome

It's not the only heavyhanded moment in the game, it's just the most heavyhanded moment. The speech was awful to say the least. Having a character explain in detail what's going on in a story and how you should feel about it is a sign of extremely poor writing.

#102 Posted by enzyme36 (1450 posts) -

One of the nicest hype threads Ive seen... well done TC.

AAAA for sure.... Irrational games is approaching 1st tier status in my book.

#103 Posted by edinsftw (4225 posts) -

AA also they really need to turn down the bloom based from those screenshots.

#104 Posted by jg4xchamp (46971 posts) -
I want this game. The art is really impressive. I liked Bioshock enough for the first 2/3rds of it. But the gameplay and final third made it a one and done for me. So I'm still a bit more cautious going into this game.
#105 Posted by Fizzman (9869 posts) -

Looks good but i suspect that Bioshock will end up being better simply because the setting was amazing.

Infinite is looking good, but the undewater city looks more interesting atm. Maybe i will be proven wrong.

#106 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="WTA2k5"]

Really? Do you think Andrew Ryan's speech in which he explains pretty much everything that has happened in the game up to that point and starts shouting the main theme of the game at you several times is is a brilliant and subtle moment in the history video game storytelling?

WTA2k5

thats why it stands out. also one speech doesnt make whole game heavy handed. the speech section was awesome

It's not the only heavyhanded moment in the game, it's just the most heavyhanded moment. The speech was awful to say the least. Having a character explain in detail what's going on in a story and how you should feel about it is a sign of extremely poor writing.

I agree, Ryan was about as subtle a villain as Snidely Whiplash.

The whole universe of Rapture would have been much more effective if he was a likeable, fatherly figure, like FDR or something. Instead he has to say absolutely every line in an EEEEEVIL voice with sinister pauses.

#107 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -

Looks amazin'

#108 Posted by Wesrcks13 (1226 posts) -

Premium and Songbird Editions announced

Irrational Games has announced that Premium and Ultimate Songbird Editions of Bioshock Infinite are now available to pre-order.

Both versions are available in limited quantities, the Premium Edition will set you back $79.99 and the Ultimate Songbird Edition $149.99. The increased price tag is for a 9.75 inch Songbird statue (below) which is exclusive to the Songbird Edition of the game.

The Ultimate Songbird Edition includes:

• 9.75 inch Songbird statue
  • A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica.
  • A 5 x 7-inch lithograph by Jorge Lacera.
  • A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
  • A mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed cover.
  • Various digital goodies: exclusive in-game gear, a digital soundtrack, and platform specific downloadable content (Avatar costumes for Xbox 360, and Themes for PC and PlayStation 3)

The Premium Edition of the game includes all the above content minus the Songbird statue. You can pre-order both editions here. Bioshock Infinite is due to release February 26, 2013 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Which edition will you pre-order? Let us know in the comments below.

EGM

#109 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
Which version has the Elizabeth cleavage mousepad? Anyway, AAA.
#110 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

The game has obviously caught many attention and looks interesting, so I just wrote the game on my watch-list.

#111 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1981 posts) -
Put me down for AAA. This is probably my most hyped game for next year. :D
#112 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1981 posts) -
Oh, and I want that damn statue so bad. :cry:
#113 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -
Put me down for AAA. This is probably my most hyped game for next year. :DFireSpirit117
With the departure of many devs lately, I'm not sure if it's AAA but it's still my most hyped game in 2013 :)
#114 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Put me down for AAA. Preordered this the day I preordered Diablo 3. By the time it comes out, I'll have had it on preorder for a year.

#115 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1981 posts) -
[QUOTE="FireSpirit117"]Put me down for AAA. This is probably my most hyped game for next year. :DZensword
With the departure of many devs lately, I'm not sure if it's AAA but it's still my most hyped game in 2013 :)

I honestly don't think the dev departures will have that much of an effect on the final product, but that's just me.
#116 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

I vote AAA!

Is it announced for WiiU?

#117 Posted by hoola (6422 posts) -

Oh, and I want that damn statue so bad. :cry:FireSpirit117

I do too.:(

I got the limited special edition for the original Bioshock which included the Big Daddy figurine. I believe it was $80.00. I just can't justify spending the $80 for the premium edition and another $70.00 for the figurine. Especially considering that is almost the entire price i paid for EVERYTHING for the first Bioshock.

#118 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7287 posts) -
Aweswome news since I thought this game was in trouble. If they are announcing the special editions the game must still be on track to coming out. This is a no brainer of a first day buy for me.
#119 Posted by CKYguy25 (2180 posts) -

i wanna play this game so badly

#121 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

I'm throwing money at the screen and nothing happens !?! WTH !!!

#122 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

So have they confirmed if multiplayer is in or out? I'm really hoping it's not in it.

#123 Posted by Bardock47 (5188 posts) -

Why is Wii-U mentioned? It isn't being released for it, at best if they do port it over, we'd see a port sometime after the original launch. Levine and 2K confirmed this in september.

#124 Posted by padaporra (3389 posts) -

I hope all this developers quitting the game don't affect its quality. This game has everything to be special.

#125 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1981 posts) -

[QUOTE="FireSpirit117"]Oh, and I want that damn statue so bad. :cry:hoola

I do too.:(

I got the limited special edition for the original Bioshock which included the Big Daddy figurine. I believe it was $80.00. I just can't justify spending the $80 for the premium edition and another $70.00 for the figurine. Especially considering that is almost the entire price i paid for EVERYTHING for the first Bioshock.

I heard those Big Daddy figures broke easilly. For this, however, the price seems a lot more justified when you consdier that's usually how much these kind of statues cost.

#127 Posted by jg4xchamp (46971 posts) -
The game looks stunning, and I got some faith in Levine's ability to tell a gaming plot . All I'm worried about is how the game is going to play, other than that definitely want this game.
#128 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
I need a well written game. Been holding my legs for years...
#129 Posted by Animal-Mother (26297 posts) -

AAA got my song bird edition announced

#130 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28329 posts) -

Put me down for AA.

#131 Posted by SolidTy (42010 posts) -

I'm going to lay down my HYPE for AAA on Bioshock Infinite. :P

#132 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1141 posts) -
This game is going to be amazing.
#133 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
considering this is my first post in the thread i dont get why my name is under AA hype
#134 Posted by RR360DD (11491 posts) -
considering this is my first post in the thread i dont get why my name is under AA hypePinnacleGamingP
Shut up
#135 Posted by Big_Pecks (5224 posts) -

I didn't know about Columbia getting disowned by the US. That's a cool backstory.

Put me down for AAA (9.0). This game is going to be amazing.

#136 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]considering this is my first post in the thread i dont get why my name is under AA hypeRR360DD
Shut up

wow your mad :lol: didnt even have to enter a lemming thread either check it out guys!!!!
#137 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]considering this is my first post in the thread i dont get why my name is under AA hypePinnacleGamingP
Shut up

wow your mad :lol: didnt even have to enter a lemming thread either check it out guys!!!!

check it out guys i caught me a lemming!!! see how its done guys!!?
#138 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

put me in for AA hype, its just a straight shooter now.

#139 Posted by lawlessx (46393 posts) -

Jankarcop

what was it before?

#140 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

lawlessx

what was it before?

A straight shooter with upgrades, which in 2007 qualified as an RPG hybrid because no one knew any better.
#141 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

AAA for sure

Such a shame the game was delayed untill next year. I'm far more interested in this game than the other big shooters: Call of Duty, Medal of Honor & Far Cry.

#142 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

It's a bit early, but I'm excited. I'll be picking up the normal version, I don't buy special editions, those are just rip offs.

I'm hyping this game a 9

#143 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -
Bioshock Infinite will be overrated (Critics will claim it's best thing since slice bread). so AAA and over 90 on metacritic...
#144 Posted by IPWNDU2 (2535 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite will be vastly underrated but the best thing since sliced bread. 9.0 here

#145 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10169 posts) -
I"m really freaking excited/10
#146 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

Hyping it AAA.

Looks like a fun one-and-done, like the original.

#147 Posted by lamprey263 (22607 posts) -
it's like 4 months away if it doesn't get pushed back, kind of early for hype thread
#148 Posted by Mordred19 (8259 posts) -

so apparently they dropped the multiplayer ideas. sounds good. next year will open with this and Metro: last light as two great single player games.

#149 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

so apparently they dropped the multiplayer ideas. sounds good. next year will open with this and Metro: last light as two great single player games.

Mordred19
A wise decision. No one gives a f*ck about Bioshock's multiplayer.
#150 Posted by Mordred19 (8259 posts) -

Hyping it AAA.

Looks like a fun one-and-done, like the original.

DarkLink77

you never replayed bioshock? :O what didn't you like enough?