tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

"in-engine" sounds legit, but will have to see..

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

They need to work on those particle effect

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Why would I expect a video game company to show me a fucking video game and not complete and utter nonsense of something the engine "can do" , but might not necessarily do? It's not indicative of anything the game will play like, last I checked this medium's defining quality is: oh right gameplay. But I'm apparently the crazy one for not apologizing for bullshit.

Show me a game. Anything else is is out right lame.

Do you even play Total War games?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@Heirren said:

looks amazing.

Yeah because The Odour totally has 5000 units on each side in a real time full scale battle! I get the impression that you have absolutely no idea what a Total War game is, either that you're being deliberately obtuse.

I've got to wonder though, why did you pick a still with a single unit and not one showing several hundred behind him, or the Orc charge, or the pikemen taking the charge, or the giant decimating the front ranks, or the Demigryph charge into the Orc flank etc. etc.?

Emperor Karl Franz does look better than Galahad though, and in a higher resolution as well.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#55 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@Heirren said:

looks amazing.

Yeah because The Odour totally has 5000 units on each side in a real time full scale battle! I get the impression that you have absolutely no idea what a Total War game is, either that you're being deliberately obtuse.

I've got to wonder though, why did you pick a still with a single unit and not one showing several hundred behind him, or the Orc charge, or the pikemen taking the charge, or the giant decimating the front ranks, or the Demigryph charge into the Orc flank etc. etc.?

Emperor Karl Franz does look better than Galahad though, and in a higher resolution as well.

I wanted to reply him but his comparison was so stupid that I didn't even bother.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58996 Posts

Total War is a cinematic game; Sony games are cinematics.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Cloud_imperium

@uninspiredcup said:

Total War is a cinematic game; Sony games are cinematics.

That's kinda deep.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By foxhound_fox

@GarGx1 said:

Ork

:/

EDIT: Or as they should properly be known, dirty green skins.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 GarGx1

@Cloud_imperium said:
@GarGx1 said:
@Heirren said:

looks amazing.

I wanted to reply him but his comparison was so stupid that I didn't even bother.

my original reply was going to be

Loading Video...

:)

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GarGx1

@foxhound_fox: yeah, yeah, I know. GW also spell Demon as Daemon, it's still the same thing /shrug

Running-Target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#61  Edited By Running-Target
Member since 2014 • 413 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

It's a trailer with zero gameplay thus not indicative of fucking shit.

Trailers without gameplay footage are lame.

well its total war so you already know what the gameplay will be like more or less. With this series its all about the spectacle in the battles so in this case a cinematic type trailer is actually pretty informative, giving info about the unit types/abilities etc.

That's a lame counter, sure sequelitis means I have a genuine idea of what it will play like, but you know what would get the spectacle of the battles and their scale across, and be more informative about what unit types there will be and what potential abilities they will have? Gameplay footage.

I think they showed gameplay at e3. https://gfycat.com/AmbitiousNeighboringInvisiblerail#?format=gif Here leaked Total War: Warhammer footage, bad quality but looks awesome.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Wow that's amazing!

...is what I would say if this were a PS2 game.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

The early in-engine Rome II footage looked pretty great too, arguably even better than this...

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

Ouch, @Heirren had to eject from this thread pretty fast. He's pretending Gamespot doesn't have a notification system, but he read the replies and was too scared to respond. Like this one. LOL.

I havn't seen destruction this bad since the Titanic.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus:

No I've simply been away from the computer. I don't use a smart phone, don't pay for 4g on the ipad anymore, and the Internet where im at is some 56k level dsl--in addition to the piss poor mobile version of this site.

Anyways, Uncharted best visuals, easy. Best character models, best physics, best animation, best lighting, etc. it is doing so much right at the same time. I can't think of a game that does more. Someone can pull up an impressive Unreal Tourny shot, but it just doesn't have as much going on in the frame.

I'd really like to see a pc game that compares to Uncharted 4 in terms of everything I just stated. If there's video, then great. Lets see a pc pulling off something comparable to the Uncharted 4 gameplay.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@Heirren said:

@RoboCopISJesus:

Anyways, Uncharted best visuals, easy. Best character models, best physics, best animation, best lighting, etc. it is doing so much right at the same time. I can't think of a game that does more. Someone can pull up an impressive Unreal Tourny shot, but it just doesn't have as much going on in the frame.

I'd really like to see a pc game that compares to Uncharted 4 in terms of everything I just stated. If there's video, then great. Lets see a pc pulling off something comparable to the Uncharted 4 gameplay.

1. This thread is about Total Warhammer, which no other game has been seen to replicate for large scale battles looking that damn good. It's unheard of. This is why it is so impressive. It's unmatched in what it does. It's widely understood that consoles could probably not even run the game on low. Make no mistake, TW engine capabilities will be praised and it's probably likely not even PS5/XB2 will have such games. Then like an idiot you posts cutscene direct feeds of The Order vs. Video Captures of TW....a hallway game vs a godamn country wide war in front of your screen.Moron.

2. Uncharted 4 is more smoke and mirrors. Yes we get it, it has pretty faces in set-peices, but we are talking on levels far beyond that. Things that can't even run on the hardware UC4 runs on (SC and TW). When talking smaller scale UC4 isn't even the best gfx: SC, DX(PC), Doom4(PC) and UT looks better. Neither should be compared to TW though, as the scale is too different. For TW's scale, nothing is on the same field and it's spectacular and being praised. This is why everyone laughed at you.

Also, lol "just doesn't have as much going on in the frame."........are you seriously going to say that while defending a set piece movie-game of all genres vs. TW?

Here re-read the post that scared you away originally:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@RoboCopISJesus:

Consoles have always had trouble with strategy games like this. It's no surprise. Am I surprised? Not really, its 2015 it is about what I'd expect from a game like this. The sad part is that people are silly enough to think that there's no detail scaling. It isn't as if those characters are all being rendered at the same time, at the same level of detail.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@Heirren said:

@RoboCopISJesus:

No I've simply been away from the computer. I don't use a smart phone, don't pay for 4g on the ipad anymore, and the Internet where im at is some 56k level dsl--in addition to the piss poor mobile version of this site.

Just imagine if it wasn't an exclusive to the PS4 and what they could do with all that extra power.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jereb31

@Heirren said:

@RoboCopISJesus:

Consoles have always had trouble with strategy games like this. It's no surprise. Am I surprised? Not really, its 2015 it is about what I'd expect from a game like this. The sad part is that people are silly enough to think that there's no detail scaling. It isn't as if those characters are all being rendered at the same time, at the same level of detail.

? Well yeah they are being rendered at the same time, it would look pretty odd if it wasn't.

Probably does scale detail as you zoom back, but doesn't UC4 use texture swapping?

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 RoboCopISJesus

@Heirren said:

@RoboCopISJesus:

Show a game with this scale that looks half as good. It's being praised everywhere, take off the fanboy glasses. I'd like to see PS4 try running it on at low lmao.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@RoboCopISJesus:

Did you not read the posts?

Myself a Sony fanboy? That's funny. Quite the opposite. I think the ps4 is the worste console ever made.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#73 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Why would I expect a video game company to show me a fucking video game and not complete and utter nonsense of something the engine "can do" , but might not necessarily do? It's not indicative of anything the game will play like, last I checked this medium's defining quality is: oh right gameplay. But I'm apparently the crazy one for not apologizing for bullshit.

Show me a game. Anything else is is out right lame.

Do you even play Total War games?

I've played two of them, that is however irrelevant to my point.

Show me gameplay, don't show me something that isn't your game. It's not a "false advertisment" "for the consumer" thing, it's merely pointing out that anything that isn't the game being shown, is just that, not the actual game. Movies get trailers, because trailers do the film some level of justice (reduced art arguments aside). A trailer to a game is stupid, because it inherently conflicts with what a game is, and I prefer if this industry gained the habit of actually showing me a game when they want to show footage.

So something better than a half-baked counter would suffice, and for the record "but this marketing works" wouldn't fit. Because I get it works, but by its very nature it's false. It's not the thing I will be playing, I want to be shown what I will be playing.

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

Can't wait July 30th

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#75  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Still wish it was a Warhammer 40k game instead of just Warhammer.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

in terms of lore whats the difference?

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

Warhammer fits perfectly with its medieval fantasy for a total war game

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Ballroompirate

@lawlessx said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Outside of lore/setting, there's little gameplay difference. Although the last Warhammer (non 40k) game was back in 2007 ish.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 foxhound_fox

@lawlessx said:
@Ballroompirate said:

As I'm coming to find getting more and more into 40K, the Total War setting may or may not be the best thing for it. This era of Warhammer sure fits the Total War style way more.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#81 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

add on 1 year to get the bugs out after release like Rome 2 and I'll play the hell out of it. waiting on the goty edition for sure.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Ballroompirate

@foxhound_fox said:
@lawlessx said:
@Ballroompirate said:

As I'm coming to find getting more and more into 40K, the Total War setting may or may not be the best thing for it. This era of Warhammer sure fits the Total War style way more.

Actually it would fit perfectly for TW, it might not have say a single continent like say Rome TW or Shogun but it could have a galaxy map/campaign using the TW style instead of the Dawn of War/Relic style (which I do love btw but I'd love to see a 40k game in a TW style).

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Cloud_imperium

@Ballroompirate said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@lawlessx said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Actually it would fit perfectly for TW, it might not have say a single continent like say Rome TW or Shogun but it could have a galaxy map/campaign using the TW style instead of the Dawn of War/Relic style (which I do love btw but I'd love to see a 40k game in a TW style).

I don't think 40k is going to work well in TW style of gameplay but there are rumors that Relic is working on Dawn of War 3. So, there is that.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Ballroompirate

@Cloud_imperium: Sega has reserved a domain for Dawn of War 3

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Cloud_imperium

@Ballroompirate: Yeah, I know. May be we'll hear more about it at Gamescom or some time next year (hopefully).

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 RoboCopISJesus
@ps4hasnogames said:

lol pc gaming.

go play some movie-game, second place warrior.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#87 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

lol pc gaming.

go play some top-down nerdcrap. while waiting for a 2009 console game to glitch its way onto your $5,000 "rig".

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Jereb31

@ps4hasnogames said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

lol pc gaming.

go play some top-down nerdcrap. while waiting for a 2009 console game to glitch its way onto your $5,000 "rig".

Such hostility from consoles with less games and less higher rated games overall. Take a deep breath and exhale "Second Place Multiplats on console".

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Pretty cool looking. Did I see a nod to Return of the King in that trailer? :P

Unfortunately, these games are just too slow for me to really enjoy.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Keep in mind, this is In-Engine Trailer. Some stuff can look better, other can look worse in the final game...

... This is why people shouldn't even pay attention to ANY OF THESE "gameplay" trailers of any of these games.. They have shown time and time again with the majority of these games that they are completely dishonest to the actual state and visual quality of the final product..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-59d151f079814

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@lawlessx said:
@Ballroompirate said:

I don't think 40k is going to work well in TW style of gameplay but there are rumors that Relic is working on Dawn of War 3. So, there is that.

It wouldn't work period.. Not only does Warhammer 40k deal with modern day combat in which formations that the series use be utterly worthless, but the conflicts in that universe deal in the billions.. A "small" single planet conflict can mean having a war of over 40 million people fighting at once.. There is no where even close to even a fraction of those many units on the grand campaign map moving around in any of their games..

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@lawlessx said:
@Ballroompirate said:

It wouldn't work period.. Not only does Warhammer 40k deal with modern day combat in which formations that the series use be utterly worthless, but the conflicts in that universe deal in the billions.. A "small" single planet conflict can mean having a war of over 40 million people fighting at once.. There is no where even close to even a fraction of those many units on the grand campaign map moving around in any of their games..

whoa..now i really might just start reading these novels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@lawlessx said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@lawlessx said:
@Ballroompirate said:

whoa..now i really might just reading these novels

The novels based on the Warhammer fantasy and 40k series are some of the best works of fiction I have read.. I honestly recommend you read the Space Wolves Omnibus first, it has the best introduction to the universe for a person who knows nothing about it.. To get a feel for the universe and the lingo.. Than I would recommend books like Gaunt's Ghost Ominbus, Eisenhorn, Horus Heresy etc etc. Not to mention the evil in that universe, is actually evil, and basically makes other fictional villains (like Star Wars) seem quite pleasant by comparison.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

Nah. dude. Two words: dragons and wizards. Plus all sorts of magical beasts and monsters.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

What is the best Warhammer novel to read ? Not 40k but Warhammer.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@jereb31 said:
@ps4hasnogames said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

lol pc gaming.

Such hostility from consoles with less games and less higher rated games overall. Take a deep breath and exhale "Second Place Multiplats on console".

inb4 "but when was your last exclusive GOTY" derpy derp

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Ballroompirate

@sSubZerOo said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@lawlessx said:
@Ballroompirate said:

The Space Hulk games tend to rely on tactics and awareness, they could do they same in a TW game and scrap formations.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@Ballroompirate: that wouldn't work.. That is not a Total War game... A Total War game involves large scale combat between multiple nations.. It is why the furthest they have gone is early 1800s with gunpowder. Because they still used line formations. It is impossible to ever have a Warhammer 40k setting that would do it justice... I don't understand why you would compare the space hulk games to total war, they are nothing alike.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-59d151f079814

@jhonMalcovich: Matthias Thulman Witch Hunter... And Bruenor The Bounty Hunter, both are amazing books by CL Werner set in the Warhammer fantasy universe.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Heirren said:

@RoboCopISJesus:

Uncharted doesn't have the best of anything. It never had it never will. It's made by the average developers that in its entire existence always copied what's popular. Deal with it.