Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Heirren said:

@RoboCopISJesus:

No I've simply been away from the computer. I don't use a smart phone, don't pay for 4g on the ipad anymore, and the Internet where im at is some 56k level dsl--in addition to the piss poor mobile version of this site.

Anyways, Uncharted best visuals, easy. Best character models, best physics, best animation, best lighting, etc. it is doing so much right at the same time. I can't think of a game that does more. Someone can pull up an impressive Unreal Tourny shot, but it just doesn't have as much going on in the frame.

I'd really like to see a pc game that compares to Uncharted 4 in terms of everything I just stated. If there's video, then great. Lets see a pc pulling off something comparable to the Uncharted 4 gameplay.

Uncharted doesn't have the best of anything. It never had it never will. It's made by the average developers that in its entire existence always copied what's popular. Deal with it.

Average. Lol. Naughty Dog has set a new precedent in game visuals. The animation in Uncharted 4 makes even the highest end pc game look barbaric. They've got some of the absolute best artists in the industry and you call them average.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Heirren said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Uncharted doesn't have the best of anything. It never had it never will. It's made by the average developers that in its entire existence always copied what's popular. Deal with it.

Average. Lol. Naughty Dog has set a new precedent in game visuals. The animation in Uncharted 4 makes even the highest end pc game look barbaric. They've got some of the absolute best artists in the industry and you call them average.

Naughty Duds, doesn't set the precedent in anything. They are average at best. Let me repeat AVERAGE. All they have going for them is ala COD4 style popularity with casuals they struck with UC2 and they riding that hype train.

In their entire career they did nothing but copy the popular trend. During the PS1 and PS2 days they were copying Nintendo and going after the Mario crowd. During the PS3 when MS had success with Gears they copied that. Hell Naughty Duds are on record saying how Sony forced them to work on TPS when MS had success with Dark Shooters. LEL.

So let me get that right they never had a single original game, not even a single original game mechanic, not a single technical award or not a single rendering technique to their credit even after being for 30+ years in the industry while newer studios have one or all of the qualities.

For being the best you have to have at least one of the above mentioned qualities.

Oh and spare me the bullshit about UC4 looking better than anything. I believe what DF has to SAY and according to them so far 900pStation haven't even touched Crysis 2.

Wiat forget Crysis 2, did Naughty Duds even manage to make TLOU:R to run at a stble 60 FPS? LOL Naughty Duds. LOL 900pStation.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Heirren said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Naughty Duds, doesn't set the precedent in anything. They are average at best. Let me repeat AVERAGE. All they have going for them is ala COD4 style popularity with casuals they struck with UC2 and they riding that hype train.

In their entire career they did nothing but copy the popular trend. During the PS1 and PS2 days they were copying Nintendo and going after the Mario crowd. During the PS3 when MS had success with Gears they copied that. Hell Naughty Duds are on record saying how Sony forced them to work on TPS when MS had success with Dark Shooters. LEL.

So let me get that right they never had a single original game, not even a single original game mechanic, not a single technical award or not a single rendering technique to their credit even after being for 30+ years in the industry while newer studios have one or all of the qualities.

For being the best you have to have at least one of the above mentioned qualities.

Oh and spare me the bullshit about UC4 looking better than anything. I believe what DF has to SAY and according to them so far 900pStation haven't even touched Crysis 2.

Wiat forget Crysis 2, did Naughty Duds even manage to make TLOU:R to run at a stble 60 FPS? LOL Naughty Duds. LOL 900pStation.

I don't care for what I played of their PS2 stuff, I think Crash Bandicoot has issues, but I still would not call them average--ESPECIALLY in visual design. In this area they have excelled at since as long as I can remember. Uncharted 4, as mentioned before, pushes game animation to a new level. It is grouping so much into one package and making it all work. Uncharted is going for the opposite of COD. The gameplay is very open ended. Level based, but open ended.

***I believe the art design team are accomplished artists even outside the gaming field.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 zeeshanhaider

@Heirren said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@Heirren said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

I don't care for what I played of their PS2 stuff, I think Crash Bandicoot has issues, but I still would not call them average--ESPECIALLY in visual design. In this area they have excelled at since as long as I can remember. Uncharted 4, as mentioned before, pushes game animation to a new level. It is grouping so much into one package and making it all work. Uncharted is going for the opposite of COD. The gameplay is very open ended. Level based, but open ended.

***I believe the art design team are accomplished artists even outside the gaming field.

So now the animations are the sole criteria for judging graphics or technicalities of a game? Or exactly what in-game animation UC4 doing is so outstanding that we haven't seen before?

The setpieces or cutscenes.....I haven' played Ryse but what little I have seen of the trailers it's top notch and knwoing the the tool powering it I have no doubt that its every bit as technically awesome and efficient as it could be and besides it's not like other games have blocky animations.

So what are we looking at again? Cutscenes. FFS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Heirren said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@Heirren said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

So now the animations are the sole criteria for judging graphics or technicalities of a game? Or exactly what in-game animation UC4 doing is so outstanding that we haven't seen before?

The setpieces or cutscenes.....I haven' played Ryse but what little I have seen of the trailers it's top notch and knwoing the the tool powering it I have no doubt that its every bit as technically awesome and efficient as it could be and besides it's not like other games have blocky animations.

Everything, man. The linear stuff is nonsense, too. Levels are linear by nature. Uncharted gives more than one way to accomplish things in terms of gameplay.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Heirren said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@Heirren said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Animation is all they have left, they're clinging to it like a crutch

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#107 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@NoodleFighter: They won't have animations later this year as well once Squadron 42 character models are in the game.

http://ir-ltd.net/

http://www.theimaginariumstudios.com/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Cloud_imperium said:

@NoodleFighter: They won't have animations later this year as well once Squadron 42 character models are in the game.

Well then show some in game animations. From what I have seen--and I've watched most of the press conferences--it has rather lackluster animation.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Aparently all that matters is animations.

Loading Video...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#110  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I've never seen such a basic concept fly over so many people's heads

His point: For whatever sins you may feel Naughty Dog commits, their programmers and artists are however definitely above average. Their animations are top notch, and given how good their games look on fixed hardware in comparison to game on fixed hardware this whole "oh they are second fiddle because look at what this PC dev did on PC" really isn't much of an argument, because in theory those PC cats should have come to consoles and wrecked their shit. And Crytek sure as **** didn't and it wasn't long ago they weren't a mother fucking beast of a technical developer (just an example).

You want to argue someone is better, that's fine, however the argument he made is that they aren't average at least in that one department. Because they are absurdly good as programmers are concerned.

Nevermind the fool's gold that is gassing up a dev and game who hasn't actually released and delivered on their promise yet, in an industry to routinely finds ways to have developers over promise and under deliver.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@Heirren said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Well then show some in game animations. From what I have seen--and I've watched most of the press conferences--it has rather lackluster animation.

That's why I said, once Character models are in the game. There are samples but none of them are in the Arena Commander yet. Current Hangar animations are Cry Engine's built in animations and character models are also placeholders. The technology that they are using is powered CGI Trailers of Witcher 3 and movies like Star Wars, Planet of the Apes, Lord of the Rings etc.

Unlike in UC, everything in Star Citizen has a weight. When you grab an object, everything comes together perfectly. It's not like Uncharted where you reach Point A then game triggers Animation Set A, when you reach Point B, it triggers Set B and so on, which plays exactly the same every time. It's just bunch of scripted stuff one after another, which is technically not impressive at all.

If you are only talking about that kinda stuff then TW Warhammer outclasses it. It may not have more animations per character but it has more animations per frame on screen. In UC when you are shot, nothing happens. In Star Citizen you are shot, your body movement/animation is affected differently, which depends on speed of bullet, point of impact, distance etc. It permanently affects your movement until you cure it. It's all handled by the game's system.

There are no scripted scenes because they can't afford to do that due to scale of the game, so they had to come up with rel tech that handles that and requires more hardware resources instead of scripted animations, one after another. They are using full body scan and facial scan for their character models, using tech which powers some of the best Movies and Trailers we've ever seen. For facial animations/scanning they are using 3Lateral and Infinite Realities as their partners (Ryse Cutscenes, Killing Mosters TW3 Trailer, CP2077 Trailer) and for full performance capture they filmed Squadron 42 at Imaginarium Studios, a company started by Andy Serkis (King Kong, Planet of Apes, Star Wars etc). UC uses motion capture... Performance Capture > Motion Capture.

http://i.imgur.com/LShR5Bp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sK0c921.jpg

Several months old stuff on internal build is already looking impressive.

http://i.imgur.com/sd8497R.gifv

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1503/15036700/2890454-2156324973-WP5nh.gif

You have big ass universe from highly detailed ships to highly detailed cities where you can grab and interact with several different objects (Grabby hands tech) or pull and push mechanics in Zero-G vs Nathan Drake's scripted animations and bullet Sponge enemies. Now it's just the matter of coming together which will start to happen after Gamescom. No way UC uses better tech.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Cloud_imperium:

In other words you've got nothing.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Cloud_imperium
@Heirren said:

@Cloud_imperium:

In other words you don't know how to read because I've already said, once it is all implemented in the game but you just want to troll while you still can, so go ahead.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#114 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

@Ballroompirate: that wouldn't work.. That is not a Total War game... A Total War game involves large scale combat between multiple nations.. It is why the furthest they have gone is early 1800s with gunpowder. Because they still used line formations. It is impossible to ever have a Warhammer 40k setting that would do it justice... I don't understand why you would compare the space hulk games to total war, they are nothing alike.

You do realize Imperium soldiers use formations right? (there's a reason why they are cannon fodder). Even then the DoW games have units (usually 1-6 in a unit depending on unit) unless you're controlling a hero, then of course those are only 1.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By NoodleFighter
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Heirren said:

@Cloud_imperium:

In other words you don't know how to read because I've already said, once it is all implemented in the game but you just want to troll while you still can, so go ahead.

This is how cows view animation for games that aren't UC or PS4 exclusive

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:
@sSubZerOo said:

@Ballroompirate: that wouldn't work.. That is not a Total War game... A Total War game involves large scale combat between multiple nations.. It is why the furthest they have gone is early 1800s with gunpowder. Because they still used line formations. It is impossible to ever have a Warhammer 40k setting that would do it justice... I don't understand why you would compare the space hulk games to total war, they are nothing alike.

You do realize Imperium soldiers use formations right? (there's a reason why they are cannon fodder). Even then the DoW games have units (usually 1-6 in a unit depending on unit) unless you're controlling a hero, then of course those are only 1.

... I am sorry but they do not walk in line formations and fire into each other like we saw in Empire Total War.. Have people even played the Total War games? IN Dawn of War 2 ranged infantry units are in formation but are freeform and hug cover (which is a huge portion of the game).. This in no way compares to having thousands of units in square formations rushing each other in a open field.. Dawn of War 2 consists of you controlling upwards to 8 units, with most of the time having less than 10 soldiers in each unit.. A single unit in Total War games consist of over 80 troops each for the most part.. And your controlling upwards to a dozen of them across a map........ You cannot match the kind of combat you would see in Company of Heroes and Dawn of War 2 at the scale of Total War level.. It is why Total War games only go as far as 1800 because that was really the last time the military marched in tight line formations with fire arms..

Furthermore Dawn of War 2 is extremely small scale specifically because that reason.. Read the actual fluff of the universe.. When races like the Tyranids come into the mix, their numbers are so great that the ground cannot be seen for miles because it is a endless tide of monsters.. A "small" scale war can literally mean something that is twice the size of World War 2 on a single planet.. In one of Gaunt's Ghost books a small war consisted of a colony being tainted by chaos and raising a army of some 20 to 30 million people.. That is on one planet..

rollermint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 rollermint
Member since 2010 • 632 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Actually the IG aren't all comprised of line units/cannon fodder. Formations like the Cadians, Catachans Jungle Fighters and 1st Tanith are definitely not cannon fodder. The IG comprises a huge amount of variety and they all specialised in a type of warfare as shaped generally by the homewords that they are raised from. Yes, you have line formations akin to 17th-18th centuries and you also have regiments that are basically US army in space or even Space Rambos. The fodder units are the local PDFs, IG formations are typically derived from the best military units a planet has to offer.

If CA is to do a War40k game, they have to deviate from their standard practice to properly reflect the dynamic battlegrounds of War40k. If any of you have played the old Sudden Strike/Blitzkrieg game, then perhaps that is a better representation than the traditional Total War games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@rollermint said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Actually the IG aren't all comprised of line units/cannon fodder. Formations like the Cadians, Catachans Jungle Fighters and 1st Tanith are definitely not cannon fodder.

... Not just that but the fact that they run MODERN military tactics and strategy.. They do not run and stand in lines to fire on their enemies..

The IG comprises a huge amount of variety and they all specialised in a type of warfare as shaped generally by the homewords that they are raised from. Yes, you have line formations akin to 17th-18th centuries

.. In what book or novel does it show the IG standing in 19th century muskets lines firing on opponents? Because I can't think of any I have read or seen.. The IG take cover, their weapons are automatic lasguns, and they quite often are more akin to world war 1 soldiers with heavy use of trenches in many theaters... The only thing I can think of that has them similar to Total War like setting is some do have Calvary and they can charge into melee combat with bayonets. Even Dawn of War 2 showed this with their cover system in which for units like Imperial Guard it is extremely necessary if you want to win..

and you also have regiments that are basically US army in space or even Space Rambos. The fodder units are the local PDFs, IG formations are typically derived from the best military units a planet has to offer.

Yeah but even the fodder units do not march into lines of Orks, Tyranids etc etc in a line formation.. They run modern military tactics, taking cover.. Using tanks and artillery for support etc etc.. The closest they get to a line formation is melee charges or lines in TRENCHS. Not marching uncovered down a bare field in line formation against a enemy infront of them..

If CA is to do a War40k game, they have to deviate from their standard practice to properly reflect the dynamic battlegrounds of War40k. If any of you have played the old Sudden Strike/Blitzkrieg game, then perhaps that is a better representation than the traditional Total War games.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@MonsieurX said:
@jereb31 said:
@ps4hasnogames said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

lol pc gaming.

go play some movie-game, second place warrior.

go play some top-down nerdcrap. while waiting for a 2009 console game to glitch its way onto your $5,000 "rig".

Such hostility from consoles with less games and less higher rated games overall. Take a deep breath and exhale "Second Place Multiplats on console".

inb4 "but when was your last exclusive GOTY" derpy derp

lol, pc is so trash. eww.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Ballroompirate

@sSubZerOo said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@sSubZerOo said:

... I am sorry but they do not walk in line formations and fire into each other like we saw in Empire Total War.. Have people even played the Total War games? IN Dawn of War 2 ranged infantry units are in formation but are freeform and hug cover (which is a huge portion of the game).. This in no way compares to having thousands of units in square formations rushing each other in a open field.. Dawn of War 2 consists of you controlling upwards to 8 units, with most of the time having less than 10 soldiers in each unit.. A single unit in Total War games consist of over 80 troops each for the most part.. And your controlling upwards to a dozen of them across a map........ You cannot match the kind of combat you would see in Company of Heroes and Dawn of War 2 at the scale of Total War level.. It is why Total War games only go as far as 1800 because that was really the last time the military marched in tight line formations with fire arms..

Furthermore Dawn of War 2 is extremely small scale specifically because that reason.. Read the actual fluff of the universe.. When races like the Tyranids come into the mix, their numbers are so great that the ground cannot be seen for miles because it is a endless tide of monsters.. A "small" scale war can literally mean something that is twice the size of World War 2 on a single planet.. In one of Gaunt's Ghost books a small war consisted of a colony being tainted by chaos and raising a army of some 20 to 30 million people.. That is on one planet..

You do realize there's more than one formation right? (saying any Military power not using formations, specially something like the 40k universe when everyone is a military power is just stupid), there's been numerous Game workshop artists showing Space Marines and other factions using formations. Hell even the table top game there's "formations", just cause they don't mention formations in the novels, doesn't mean they don't use them.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

shut your mouth, 2ndplacewarrior.

rollermint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 rollermint
Member since 2010 • 632 Posts

@sSubZerOo:

The Mordian Iron Guard.

"A Mordian Iron Guard regiment in battle is a solid wall of brightly-uniformed, perfectly-formed soldiers who cut through the enemy's ranks with precisely-timed volleys of fire behind a hedge of polished bayonets.[3a] Even in the face of the overwhelming daemonic hordes of Chaos, Iron Guard regiments will stand their ground, striking down their foe with disciplined fire; if forced to withdraw their lines will never break."

3: Codex: Imperial Guard (5th Edition)

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:
@MonsieurX said:
@jereb31 said:
@ps4hasnogames said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

lol pc gaming.

go play some movie-game, second place warrior.

go play some top-down nerdcrap. while waiting for a 2009 console game to glitch its way onto your $5,000 "rig".

Such hostility from consoles with less games and less higher rated games overall. Take a deep breath and exhale "Second Place Multiplats on console".

inb4 "but when was your last exclusive GOTY" derpy derp

hahaha, if only consoles had the same power, quality and popularity aye hahaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@Ballroompirate said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@sSubZerOo said:

You do realize there's more than one formation right? (saying any Military power not using formations, specially something like the 40k universe when everyone is a military power is just stupid), there's been numerous Game workshop artists showing Space Marines and other factions using formations. Hell even the table top game there's "formations", just cause they don't mention formations in the novels, doesn't mean they don't use them.

Jesus you had to bring up the table top now too? You do realize that game relies HEAVILY off of cover based mechanics? When I am talking about formations I am talking about Total War games in which they march out in the open in tight marching order into combat? They do not do that in Warhammer 40k.. ESPECIALLY not in the table top.. Cover plays a huge aspect in the table top, they do not stand out in the open.. Nor do they bunch up in extremely tight formations (artillery will wipe you out)..

The formations of Total War do not equate to the formations you actually see in Warhammer 40k.. Stop trying to compare the two.. They are not the same.. They do not march in a line formation wide open in which they stand a distance from one another and shoot one another..

.. Seriously this is common sense.. It is why Total War games have not come anything remotely CLOSE to making a modern era war game.. Because their engine and mechanics WOULD NOT work for said thing.. Warhammer 40k would be even worse.. Because it not only would consist of FAR greater numbers, but far GREATER amounts of more dangerous weaponry..

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Ballroompirate

@sSubZerOo said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Jesus you had to bring up the table top now too? You do realize that game relies HEAVILY off of cover based mechanics? When I am talking about formations I am talking about Total War games in which they march out in the open in tight marching order into combat? They do not do that in Warhammer 40k.. ESPECIALLY not in the table top.. Cover plays a huge aspect in the table top, they do not stand out in the open.. Nor do they bunch up in extremely tight formations (artillery will wipe you out)..

The formations of Total War do not equate to the formations you actually see in Warhammer 40k.. Stop trying to compare the two.. They are not the same.. They do not march in a line formation wide open in which they stand a distance from one another and shoot one another..

.. Seriously this is common sense.. It is why Total War games have not come anything remotely CLOSE to making a modern era war game.. Because their engine and mechanics WOULD NOT work for said thing.. Warhammer 40k would be even worse.. Because it not only would consist of FAR greater numbers, but far GREATER amounts of more dangerous weaponry..

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 PS4hasNOgames

@RoboCopISJesus said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

aw he mad

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 RoboCopISJesus

@ps4hasnogames said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

aw he mad

he 2nd place at best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-59d151f079814

@Ballroompirate: I am glad you concede, afterall you were trying to compare a Total War game to SPACE HULK.. A completely turned based game where you control anywhere from 4 to 6 people on narrow grid maps..

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 PS4hasNOgames

@RoboCopISJesus said:
@ps4hasnogames said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

aw he mad

he 2nd place at best

2nd place in what? lol.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#131 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Heirren said:

@Cloud_imperium:

This is how cows view animation for games that aren't UC or PS4 exclusive

Frame rate is too high, console gamers can't see past 30fps

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@ps4hasnogames said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:
@ps4hasnogames said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

aw he mad

he 2nd place at best

2nd place in what? lol.

gfx, multiplats, multiplayer, cometitive gaming, exclusieves, aaa/aa games, games library :P

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus: So, still going without an AAAAE? Damn.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@freedomfreak said:

higher standards -kevin Van ord

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts
@freedomfreak said:

Does any 8th gen console have an AAAAE yet?

Oh wait.

Guess the WiiU is #1

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
@RoboCopISJesus said:

higher standards -kevin Van ord

Damage control

@skelly34 said:

Does any 8th gen console have an AAAAE yet?

Oh wait.

Guess the WiiU is #1

Ex-motherfucking-actly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@GarGx1:

Uncharted 4 is doing more than motion capture. It's bringing back the responsiveness of 2d games with how dynamic the animation is.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 PS4hasNOgames

@RoboCopISJesus said:
@ps4hasnogames said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:
@ps4hasnogames said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

aw he mad

he 2nd place at best

2nd place in what? lol.

gfx, multiplats, multiplayer, cometitive gaming, exclusieves, aaa/aa games, games library :P

what system are u talking about? i have a ps4. you lame ass pc nerd.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 GarGx1

@Heirren said:

@GarGx1:

Uncharted 4 is doing more than motion capture. It's bringing back the responsiveness of 2d games with how dynamic the animation is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@GarGx1:

I should say that is what it's striving for. Did you read the article about it? From what is said it almost seems they're going for a Mario 64 approach.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By GarGx1

@Heirren: I generally don't believe the hype from any developer or publisher, not even Chris Roberts(Star Citizen). I have a lot of faith that he'll deliver, enough to point of sinking a fair bit of hard cash into the project but I won't believe everything until I experience it first hand. The same goes for TW: Warhammer, I'm a massive fan of both I.P's but I'll wait for release before getting excited about it (except in system wars where it all counts as ownage ;) )

As for ND, they do have a long history of overhyping their games only to not fully deliver everything in the final product, in fact UC4 has already been victim of this ("we're aiming for 60fps" while showing a trailer way beyond the capability of the PS4) . I'm not trolling or looking for a rise here, just being realistic.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 zeeshanhaider

@Heirren said:

Everything, man. The linear stuff is nonsense, too. Levels are linear by nature. Uncharted gives more than one way to accomplish things in terms of gameplay.

Already seen those videos. And if those videos were supposed to show the open ended nature of Uncharted then you failed miserably at it. It's as linear as ever.

The two videos shows exactly the same way to execute the task. There was practically no difference. The game forces the player to walk down the small corridor and then the same QTE triggers after that the car chase in which it forces you down to the same single path by the other armored car. Yeah, there were things flying around and were effected by Physics but game was linear and scripted as hell.

In the entire video, the player only had control of Drake for like 5 mins in the beginning and then it was taken away from the player during the entire set piece which lasts for the rest of the video. Even until the very end when Drake was simple on the Bike with his brother shooting - again an onrails sequence. Where the heck is the freedom or control?

They are not given player any control whatsoever even if they have the physics system in place because the people who plays UC play it for the micahel bay moments like COD. It's an exact replica of COD except with better graphics.

If you call this open ended, I don't know what will you call MGS V, Crysis, Deus Ex, Far Cry or Thief trilogy. It must real life then.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

So, "in engine" means gameplay to hermits now because it's a pc game? I've seen much better in engine graphics on consoles than this low poly, flat lighting crap.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@gpuking said:

So, "in engine" means gameplay to hermits now because it's a pc game? I've seen much better in engine graphics on consoles than this low poly, flat lighting crap.

Hahaha, this guy hahaha

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 RoboCopISJesus

@gpuking said:

Show a better looking game with the scale of TWW. **** it, show a game half as good looking with the same scale.

This thing can't even run on PS4.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 gpuking

What good is scale if the game looks like ass? No Man's Sky looks tons better with proper lighting and bigger scale.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 NoodleFighter

@gpuking said:

What good is scale if the game looks like ass? No Man's Sky looks tons better with proper lighting and bigger scale.

I dunno cause maybe scale offers more?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@jg4xchamp said:

I've never seen such a basic concept fly over so many people's heads

His point: For whatever sins you may feel Naughty Dog commits, their programmers and artists are however definitely above average. Their animations are top notch, and given how good their games look on fixed hardware in comparison to game on fixed hardware this whole "oh they are second fiddle because look at what this PC dev did on PC" really isn't much of an argument, because in theory those PC cats should have come to consoles and wrecked their shit. And Crytek sure as **** didn't and it wasn't long ago they weren't a mother fucking beast of a technical developer (just an example).

You want to argue someone is better, that's fine, however the argument he made is that they aren't average at least in that one department. Because they are absurdly good as programmers are concerned.

Nevermind the fool's gold that is gassing up a dev and game who hasn't actually released and delivered on their promise yet, in an industry to routinely finds ways to have developers over promise and under deliver.

Crytek wrecked their whit three times in a row on consoles. I know that make cows really butthurt but that's the truth. Crytek with Crysis 2 on consoles did a lot more technically than any of the Naughty Duds games did on PS3. Oh and if you want to try and bring up the subHD excuse, Crytek's lead engineer already cleared that up with the DF back at the time of Crysis 2 release when DF asked him in interview exactly about that in comparison to PS3 exclusives games. No wonder naughty Duds then STFU about only possible on PS3 bullshit after that.

Oh and this gen I think Ryse on 720pBox is prove more than enough what a capable developer could do when it was considered the best looking game over the 900pStation exclusives. So you can STFU about the elite Sony First party shit.

The only thing Naughty Duds really going for them is good animation and that's where it ends, and it's not like the animation is leagues better than other 3rd party developers or were better last generation that you cows are going nuts. Yeah, it's safe to say Naughty Duds are simple riding the UC2 hype train ala CoD4 style and also because they are PS exclusive dev.

EDIT: Cows are getting their penties twisted and the funny thing is I haven't even brought up Rockstar yet. They clowns entire Sony first party with what they get out of potato boxes.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 gpuking

Haha all of Crytek's outings on consoles were jokes compared to Sony's 1st party games. Sub hd, unplayable framerates, pop ins and the shit list goes on. There's nothing technical about it when you can't even get your games run properly.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@gpuking said:

Haha all of Crytek's outings on consoles were jokes compared to Sony's 1st party games. Sub hd, unplayable framerates, pop ins and the shit list goes on. There's nothing technical about it when you can't even get your games run properly.

Just a single liner about Crytek's movie on a console 50% less powerful than 900pStation to make you butthurt: "Ryse towers over the rest". Oh and it was Sonyy First Party that put out a subHD game this gen. :P