3DS - a generation behind Vita.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JLF1MarkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 JLF1MarkII
Member since 2012 • 1416 Posts

There's a difference.

MK7 is better than it's console counterpart. The same can't be said for golden abyss

Shinobishyguy

No, it's not. The online of it broken and it lacks the most important thing for a Kart game. The being in front of a TV playing it four-player Split-screen part.

Even if you would argue against that it's still only one more game for the 3DS. I can easily say the same thing about Lumines which is much better than previous games and is a much better game on handhelds.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#252 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

There's a difference.

MK7 is better than it's console counterpart. The same can't be said for golden abyss

JLF1MarkII

No, it's not. The online of it broken and it lacks the most important thing for a Kart game. The being in front of a TV playing it four-player Split-screen part.

Even if you would argue against that it's still only one more game for the 3DS. I can easily say the same thing about Lumines which is much better than previous games and is a much better game on handhelds.

and you're trying to say that mario kart, a game thats excellent to play in short bursts isnt? It's online is broken? One little glitch in a single course counts a broken? What the hell :?

Never mind the fact that it's the most balanced mario kart to date as far as items are concerned

JLF1MarkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 JLF1MarkII

and you're trying to say that mario kart, a game thats excellent to play in short bursts isnt? It's online is broken? One little glitch in a single course counts a broken? What the hell :?

Shinobishyguy

I am saying that the franchise is better on consoles.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 Shinobishyguy

JLF1MarkII

Not even. Both MKDS and MK7 are among the best MK games

JLF1MarkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 JLF1MarkII

Shinobishyguy

Do they have split-screen multiplayer? No, then that's settled.

As I said, If Wipeout can not be considered a good handheld game then I can't see how Mario Kart 7 would either.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

JLF1MarkII

Do they have split-screen multiplayer? No, then that's settled.

As I said, If Wipeout can not be considered a good handheld game then I can't see how Mario Kart 7 would either.

Wipeout has massive loadtimes, mario kart doesn't :|, it's as simple as that

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="JLF1MarkII"]

Oh, so you bought that one game on the 3DS then.

JLF1MarkII

:lol: you're really serious? Only one game?

it's one thing to be critical but let's not act stupid here

Yes, Mario 3D Land is the only noteworthy 3DS game that isn't a console game or play like a console game.:)

OoT? Port
Star Fox? Port
RE:E? Console game and have better versions on consoles
MGS33D? Port
Mario Kart 7? Console game and have better versions of consoles

I'm only using Jimmypsn's logic here. If games like Uncharted, Wipeout or Lumines aren't good games to play on handhelds than neither are those games on the 3DS. It's simple really.

Mutant Mudds, Sakura Samurai, Pushmo, Resident Evil: Revelations (So there is a more horror themed RE on consoles in Recent memory? Where!), Plenty of good games to be had now, not to mention in the future Kingdom Heart 3D, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter 4 (won't be on consoles), Professor Layton and Mask of Miracle, Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney, Spirit Camera, Heroes of Ruin, Luigi's Mansion 2, Kid Icarus, and so many more good looking 3DS games that won't be on consoles
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

JLF1MarkII

You're wrong. Want to know how I know why? Well, Mario Kart Wii can't be superior in any way to Mario Kart 7 due to the fact that the online in MKWii is full of cheaters and hackers now. Really. Mario Kart 7 however isn't, and the Community feature fixes any possible issues with that in the future. Game. Set. Match.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#260 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

[QUOTE="JLF1MarkII"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

bonesawisready5

You're wrong. Want to know how I know why? Well, Mario Kart Wii can't be superior in any way to Mario Kart 7 due to the fact that the online in MKWii is full of cheaters and hackers now. Really. Mario Kart 7 however isn't, and the Community feature fixes any possible issues with that in the future. Game. Set. Match.

So what happens when the Wii U comes out and all these first party 3DS games are suddenly inferior versions of games on the Wii U?

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="JLF1MarkII"]

zarshack

So what happens when the Wii U comes out and all these first party 3DS games are suddenly inferior versions of games on the Wii U?

Well when a Mario Kart U comes out in 2014 nearly three years after Mario Kart 7 I will play that. Thankfully Nintendo is known for putting large gaps in between installments (MK: DD 2003, MK DS 2006, MK Wii 2008, MK7 2011) And I'll just keep playing 3DS exclusive IPs like Pushmo, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem (for now and conceivable future), Golden Sun, Legendary Starfy, Pokemon RPGs, etc. (not to mention 2nd/3rd party handheld exclusives like Monster Hunter 4, the entire Professor Layton series, Dragon Quest Heroes, Dragon Quest Monsters, Heroes of Ruin, Spirit Camera) You see, yes some IPs will be on both platforms, and yes sometimes one version will be superior to the older version, but Nintendo is friggin' FANTASTIC at keeping most IPs separated by platform.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 zarshack

[QUOTE="zarshack"]

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] You're wrong. Want to know how I know why? Well, Mario Kart Wii can't be superior in any way to Mario Kart 7 due to the fact that the online in MKWii is full of cheaters and hackers now. Really. Mario Kart 7 however isn't, and the Community feature fixes any possible issues with that in the future. Game. Set. Match.bonesawisready5

Well when a Mario Kart U comes out in 2014 nearly three years after Mario Kart 7 I will play that. Thankfully Nintendo is known for putting large gaps in between installments (MK: DD 2003, MK DS 2006, MK Wii 2008, MK7 2011) And I'll just keep playing 3DS exclusive IPs like Pushmo, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem (for now and conceivable future), Golden Sun, Legendary Starfy, Pokemon RPGs, etc. (not to mention 2nd/3rd party handheld exclusives like Monster Hunter 4, the entire Professor Layton series, Dragon Quest Heroes, Dragon Quest Monsters, Heroes of Ruin, Spirit Camera) You see, yes some IPs will be on both platforms, and yes sometimes one version will be superior to the older version, but Nintendo is friggin' FANTASTIC at keeping most IPs separated by platform.

Lets hope nintendo actually put pokemon on 3DS and make it full 3D, if its 3D graphics but still isometric then I'm out.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="zarshack"]So what happens when the Wii U comes out and all these first party 3DS games are suddenly inferior versions of games on the Wii U?

zarshack

Lets hope nintendo actually put pokemon on 3DS and make it full 3D, if its 3D graphics but still isometric then I'm out.

Meh, if the game is good I'll be happy either way. Personally I'd prefer it to stay isometric, but kinda like Phantom Hourglass but a lot more detailed.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
[QUOTE="JLF1MarkII"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

bonesawisready5

Why doesn't Nintendo do anything about the cheaters? :(
helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts
DS was behind psp but it still sold like hot cakes. Same with 3ds. The games for 3 ds is what keeps it going. Vita has sexy graphics and dual analog but the games still are steamy piles of doo doo or ps3 ports. And the stylus is optional. You can use your fingers if you want. But stylus for gaming is good because it gives you precision.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

i hav both, and 3ds is better than vita. vita cannot catch up with 3ds current games.

tho the vita is an amazing system but there is alot of lag in it games, im guessing it like the ps3 where the programing for it is hard because even a game like plants vs zombies lag ALOT when playing survivor mode

pc-ps360
Depends on what ppl like as I'm interested in more vita games 3months after launch than 3ds in a year. Actually vita is easy to program for so I would think it is a problem with the game and not the system. I would complain and ask for a game update. I have ninja gaiden and have had no problems even impressed at how close it is to the home console versions.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 p4s2p0
DS was behind psp but it still sold like hot cakes. Same with 3ds. The games for 3 ds is what keeps it going. Vita has sexy graphics and dual analog but the games still are steamy piles of doo doo or ps3 ports. And the stylus is optional. You can use your fingers if you want. But stylus for gaming is good because it gives you precision.helwa1988
3ds has ports and all systems get good and bad games. I'll stick with vita touchscreen as its is plenty accurate and I don't have to take my hands off the controls to use it.
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
and vita is behind when it comes to interesting games and sales :lol:
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 bonesawisready5
[QUOTE="helwa1988"]DS was behind psp but it still sold like hot cakes. Same with 3ds. The games for 3 ds is what keeps it going. Vita has sexy graphics and dual analog but the games still are steamy piles of doo doo or ps3 ports. And the stylus is optional. You can use your fingers if you want. But stylus for gaming is good because it gives you precision.p4s2p0
3ds has ports and all systems get good and bad games. I'll stick with vita touchscreen as its is plenty accurate and I don't have to take my hands off the controls to use it.

I think the idea with the negativity of "the ps vita has ports" statement comes from the idea, or fear that the Vita will get more ports than original content due to it not being a smart business decision to support it with a lot of non-Japanese centric exclusive third party games with its small user base, and the fact that the user base doesn't look to begin to compete with other mobile devices anytime soon The issue of people not saying the same thing about the 3DS isn't just hypocritical, but it is probably said by people because the 3DS is selling very well, has a bright future and has a slew of exclusive third party games on the horizon, like a new IP from Square (Heroes of Ruin), a Final Fantasy spin off (Theatrhythm), multiple Dragon Quest installments, Ace Attorneys, Professor Laytons, Kingdom Hearts, etc etc. People tend to focus on the Vita ports because they're under the impression that the Vita may end up being 60/40 in favor of ports over original content, whereas the 3DS, like the DS with its ports, looks like it may be 60/40 in favor of original content over ports I'm not saying that's how its going to play out or that any of that is right or wrong opinions, please don't ignore this sentence. I'm just speculating as to why Vita gets more flack for ports than 3DS
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 p4s2p0
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="helwa1988"]DS was behind psp but it still sold like hot cakes. Same with 3ds. The games for 3 ds is what keeps it going. Vita has sexy graphics and dual analog but the games still are steamy piles of doo doo or ps3 ports. And the stylus is optional. You can use your fingers if you want. But stylus for gaming is good because it gives you precision.bonesawisready5

I think the idea with the negativity of "the ps vita has ports" statement comes from the idea, or fear that the Vita will get more ports than original content due to it not being a smart business decision to support it with a lot of non-Japanese centric exclusive third party games with its small user base, and the fact that the user base doesn't look to begin to compete with other mobile devices anytime soon The issue of people not saying the same thing about the 3DS isn't just hypocritical, but it is probably said by people because the 3DS is selling very well, has a bright future and has a slew of exclusive third party games on the horizon, like a new IP from Square (Heroes of Ruin), a Final Fantasy spin off (Theatrhythm), multiple Dragon Quest installments, Ace Attorneys, Professor Laytons, Kingdom Hearts, etc etc. People tend to focus on the Vita ports because they're under the impression that the Vita may end up being 60/40 in favor of ports over original content, whereas the 3DS, like the DS with its ports, looks like it may be 60/40 in favor of original content over ports I'm not saying that's how its going to play out or that any of that is right or wrong opinions, please don't ignore this sentence. I'm just speculating as to why Vita gets more flack for ports than 3DS

Probably just their misconceptions and dislike of ports. But I generally like them as I don't want to miss out on my favorite home console series just because I'm on portable. Least when they port them they usually give us extra like star wars force unleashed had content not on home console. Which my cousin bought a psp even though he had forced unleashed on 360 just because he saw me playing the extra's. I wouldn't mind seeing the goldeneye remake on portables too.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#271 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
that OP was so ignorant im not even going to defend the 3DS. the fact that someone could actually have such little knowledge of a console and still think that they have enough info to bash it is insulting.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 zarshack

Meh, if the game is good I'll be happy either way. Personally I'd prefer it to stay isometric, but kinda like Phantom Hourglass but a lot more detailed.bonesawisready5
Hell naw, I (and MANY others) have been waiting for a pokemon with a camera like Zelda and pokemon battles like stadium since N64 came out. Nintendo has been dissappointing for over 10 years with there refusal to do this for us. A poke'mon MMO would be amazing! I would obessively play that forever but Ninty just refuse to make anything that the longtime fans really want. I'm getting pissed off waiting, i bought my 3DS and then they go and make B/W2 on DS...

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#273 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Sony Domination Continuation