3DS - a generation behind Vita.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

[QUOTE="BullyRay44"] I grew up on Halo you @$$hat.BullyRay44

Okay? Do you act like you know everything there is to know about the gaming industry?

I bet I have more strength in my calves than you have in your entire body.

They do look pretty beefy.

DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#152 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

The PS Vita's target demographic:

Justin Beiber fans, i.e. little girls :lol:

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6611 Posts

[QUOTE="p3anut"]

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

Iphone sells more.

Problem?

Another48hours

Comparing a phone to a dedicated handheld :|People are buying the Iphone not to play games on it but because it's a phone.

I-pod touch is a phone? I had no idea.....

You said Iphone not Ipod dimwit. People don't buy an Ipod to play games it's mostly for music and some videos.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="BullyRay44"]I probably have more strength in my calves, than you have in your entire body.charizard1605
I don't see how that is relevant. And technically your calves should be strong, they hold up your entire body. Doesn't change how Bully Ray is an over rated wrestler

WhatamIreading

It started out that some posters were questioning BullyRay44's posting prowess. I commented that he also picked a user name that is similar to a very over rated professional wrestler, Bully Ray (who currently works in TNA but you may remember him as the white half of the Dudley Boyz in WWE as Bubba Ray Dudley) Then, for some reason BullyRay44 decided to inform me of how strong his calves are. I suppose my comment as off topic, but wow did his go in a wild direction.
mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

I only issue I have is region locking. It sucks I can't get me some Monster Hunter. The other issue I will have with the 3ds is IF hardware revisions do not include a built-in right slide pad.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="BullyRay44"][QUOTE="millerlight89"]Okay? Do you act like you know everything there is to know about the gaming industry?

topgunmv

I bet I have more strength in my calves than you have in your entire body.

They do look pretty beefy.

Oh gawd that was pretty funny
BullyRay44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 BullyRay44
Member since 2012 • 483 Posts
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] I don't see how that is relevant. And technically your calves should be strong, they hold up your entire body. Doesn't change how Bully Ray is an over rated wrestler

WhatamIreading

It started out that some posters were questioning BullyRay44's posting prowess. I commented that he also picked a user name that is similar to a very over rated professional wrestler, Bully Ray (who currently works in TNA but you may remember him as the white half of the Dudley Boyz in WWE as Bubba Ray Dudley) Then, for some reason BullyRay44 decided to inform me of how strong his calves are. I suppose my comment as off topic, but wow did his go in a wild direction.

Bully Ray is the IT factor of professional wrestling.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#159 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41600 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Nintendo is always a generation behind nothing new

Another48hours
finalstar, I know you're devoted to Sony, but even from you, I'd expect at least a rudimentary level of objective knowledge. Is that too much to expect?

He's right though, they are always at least one generation behind. Before they were even 2-3. But this is a step in the right direction. So this 3DS is a good thing. Well, until you turn 3D on.

Again, SNES, N64, and GameCube. Those weren't gens behind in terms of console specs. True N64 still used carts, but still, my point stands.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
The PS Vita's target demographic: Justin Beiber fans, i.e. little girls :lol:DerpyMcDerp
He was in the 3ds commercial not vita's lol.
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 bonesawisready5
[QUOTE="DerpyMcDerp"]The PS Vita's target demographic: Justin Beiber fans, i.e. little girls :lol:p4s2p0

No, Justin Bieber had a Christmas music video with Mariah Carey where Biebs grabbed a bunch of 3DS's from a stack of 3DS boxes. I wouldn't call that a commercial since, y'know it was a music video for a song Carey/Biebs released.
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="DerpyMcDerp"]The PS Vita's target demographic: Justin Beiber fans, i.e. little girls :lol:bonesawisready5

No, Justin Bieber had a Christmas music video with Mariah Carey where Biebs grabbed a bunch of 3DS's from a stack of 3DS boxes. I wouldn't call that a commercial since, y'know it was a music video for a song Carey/Biebs released.

And Deadmou5 got Vita.... even before relese :p but who cares
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="DerpyMcDerp"]The PS Vita's target demographic: Justin Beiber fans, i.e. little girls :lol:bonesawisready5

Have you ever heard of product placement?
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 p4s2p0

Gotta but I seen it when it during commercials. Point still remains I bet so many bieber fans and went out and got a 3ds after seeing it.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
The lack of DA argument is moot becasue Sony put them in a spot on the vita that you have to contort your thumbs all weird. Must not of made it for adult hands.
malatato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 malatato
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

finalstar2007
actually they're ahead.. they first made motion controllers, guess 2 companies who copied them 3 years later
dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#169 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

enjoy your 2d screen :lol:

malatato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 malatato

enjoy your 2d screen :lol:

dontshackzmii
3d is only amazing for the first 5 minutes...
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#171 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

malatato

actually they're ahead.. they first made motion controllers, guess 2 companies who copied them 3 years later

They did not invented motion controls. Sony prior to this generation, had been testing patents with motion controls in mind.

And PS3 had sixaxis since launch. So, technically...it was MS who copied :P

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#172 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

[QUOTE="malatato"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

tonitorsi

They did not invented motion controls. Sony prior to this generation, had been testing patents with motion controls in mind.

Naw, Move is a blatant ripoff.
malatato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 malatato
[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

[QUOTE="malatato"] actually they're ahead.. they first made motion controllers, guess 2 companies who copied them 3 years laterEponique

Move is an improvement not a complete ripoff, same as how sony improved the n64 joystick
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]The lack of DA argument is moot becasue Sony put them in a spot on the vita that you have to contort your thumbs all weird. Must not of made it for adult hands.sts106mat
i haven't actually tried a vita yet, but from what i have seen, the sticks do indeed look to be in an awkward position, my sons 3DS on the hand, whilst small, is sill easy to use for my large hands.

It because the vitas are on the bottom. It makes it hard to get thumbs on those and hold it at the same time. 3DS stick is on top. For me this is a major design flaw for Vita.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 p4s2p0
I like my analogs lower than my buttons but that could be because of how I hold vita
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

I played Vita for the first time yesterday and it really made me realise how much better the 3DS could have been.

- Lack of Dual Analogue

- Using a stylus for the touch screen, really?.

- No background downloads.

- I'm pretty sure RE Revelations and Snake Eater are the only 3DS demos in a year, Vita already has about 10.

- No flash on web browser

- Graphics better than DS but not close to Vita

Yes these are small things but just look at the touch screen, iPhone had a better one 5 years ago. It just seems like Ninty are so out of date with hardware and software. I know it all comes down to games but I can't help but wonder how Nintendo can be so out of touch and yet sell so many units. I'm just hoping I won't be saying the same for the Wii U because I can honestly see Nintendo failing to intergrate things that we take for granted on PS3/360.

BigBoss255
- So? Gyroscope and touch screen can function as a second analogue - Ya, so? - Vita? - No, they're not. There are more like Crush and mario and sonic - Even Vita - Again, so? Games are what matter
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="Eponique"][QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

malatato

Move is an improvement not a complete ripoff, same as how sony improved the n64 joystick

How much of an improvement? If you played games like conduit (1 or 2), Skyward sword etc. you would see that the controls work perfect, so how much better can the MOVE get? Besides, look at NMH for Ps3, the MOVE controls are inferior

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 p4s2p0
It was fun to try gyro/touch for aiming on vita but I still prefer analog.
streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 streetridaz
Member since 2003 • 3276 Posts

The most important feature you left off was

• More games to play than the Vita

SW__Troll

Yes it does have more games but then again Vita is only what 4 months old and games are a presonal preference. Out of the entire DS/3DS library literally only about 10 games are worth my time. Out of the 10 only 2 3DS titles are interesting to me and fun to play for more then 10 minutes. It depends on the person. You say it has more games to play which is true but for me it only has more games that aren't worth my time to play.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="DaBrainz"]The lack of DA argument is moot becasue Sony put them in a spot on the vita that you have to contort your thumbs all weird. Must not of made it for adult hands.DaBrainz
i haven't actually tried a vita yet, but from what i have seen, the sticks do indeed look to be in an awkward position, my sons 3DS on the hand, whilst small, is sill easy to use for my large hands.

It because the vitas are on the bottom. It makes it hard to get thumbs on those and hold it at the same time. 3DS stick is on top. For me this is a major design flaw for Vita.

My issue with it isn't so much the placement, but the design of the sticks themselves. They simply don't have enough travel. From center to edge, it feels like half that of the 3DS's Circle Pads. They also don't feel as comfortable to have my thumbs resting on, probably because they're convex rather than concave.
omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts

Totally agree, even the presimed games are mostly remakes and Mario games .... hopefully people realize that soon enough .... I won't be happy if the 3Ds is the dominant handheld whenmost ofits games are just for Mario and pokemon lovers.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#182 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]And yet,it still sell massively Problem?

do not put over seas into this argument ^^
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#183 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
- Lack of Dual Analogue I agree with that. - Using a stylus for the touch screen, really?. ..... Stylus is actually accurate, I'd rather use a stylus for the front screen. - No background downloads. Most people don't even download anyways - I'm pretty sure RE Revelations and Snake Eater are the only 3DS demos in a year, Vita already has about 10. That isn't a generation behind man. - No flash on web browser You don't need flash to play a game on a ds. - Graphics better than DS but not close to Vita Correct but I would say its closer than not close, maybe some steps behind
Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
Technologically, yes. Gamewise, that's another story.
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#185 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts
Sounds like someone is mad. 3DS is better and when it's all said and done the 3DS will sold more than PSV and have a hell of a library. And at least you don't have to buy expensive ass memory cards just to play games.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#186 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
For those saying the Vita has better graphics... well, for those of us with MANLY EYEBALLS, and not WEAK BABY EYES, the 3DS also has... well, 3D, which is pretty impressive in it's own right.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I sure like being a generation behind

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#188 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

I sure like being a generation behind

OB-47

cool! slap a high five for MacGyver's mullet for me, will ya?

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#189 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

I have and love both handhelds. Sony clearly got off to a better start, but I mean, thats what waiting a year will most likely do for you.

The only thing though is that Sony IMO has to do a better job at creating games that appeal to BOTH the western and eastern gamers, like Nintendo, or else they will run into the SAME problem they had with the psp, and it will fall into just being a console for niche japanese games. I don't believe that putting so much effort into games that will appeal only to westerners is sustainable on handhelds.

e_stone001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 e_stone001
Member since 2007 • 1769 Posts

[QUOTE="ispeakfact"]

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

Cows am mad confirmed.

3DS dominating Vita.

MLBknights58

Someone's jealous their folks won't buy them a Vita. :cool:

Yeah I was a few dollars short.I couldn't afford the Vita and the memory card I wanted. So instead I bought a 3DS and 3 games. :cool:

You know, those things the Vita doesn't have.

Funny, I bought a Vita with 7 games on launch. 3DS to me has basically most ports out right now and nothing doesn't interest me on the handheld,
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 NamelessPlayer
I just realized that I have another compelling reason why the 3DS having a stylus is a GOOD thing (aside from DS backwards compatibility), and I almost forgot about it until I finally received my 3DS today and got to use it. Swapnote. It's kind of like Pictochat on steroids; you send hand-drawn/written messages with it, and the recipient even gets to watch them get drawn in real-time. You can also include photo backgrounds on your slides (messages are stacks of slides). It's a very interesting form of communication for sure, and it doesn't suffer from Pictochat's drawback of lack of Internet support, since it makes good use of SpotPass (basically the 3DS equivalent of WiiConnect24 where it keeps downloading new data over Wi-Fi, even in sleep mode). Needless to say, it's not the sort of thing that would work if you had to fingerpaint everything. You might say that just typing out a text message would be much more efficient, but where's the fun in that?
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

finalstar2007
Don't be a fool. Considering Nintendo's history, this is only a recent development. By your logic, one could say that Sony always has the most powerful hardware, which again isn't true.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
and the 3DS is suppose to be a "Next gen" system. the damn thing cant even output HD visuals. i tried to watch some movies/shows on the 3DS using the netflix app and everything i watched was pixelated and grainy, while on the Vita's netflix App almost everything i watched was in HD.
0rbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 0rbs
Member since 2007 • 1947 Posts

Sounds like someone is mad. 3DS is better and when it's all said and done the 3DS will sold more than PSV and have a hell of a library. And at least you don't have to buy expensive ass memory cards just to play games.HaloPimp978

Saying it's better is just an opinion.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 NamelessPlayer
[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]and the 3DS is suppose to be a "Next gen" system. the damn thing cant even output HD visuals. i tried to watch some movies/shows on the 3DS using the netflix app and everything i watched was pixelated and grainy, while on the Vita's netflix App almost everything i watched was in HD.

400x240 (3DS effective screen resolution; it's horizontally doubled for each eye in 3D) is a rather low resolution that makes the lack of anti-aliasing painfully apparent, but you can't call the Vita's 960x544 screen resolution "HD" if the minimum "HD" resolution is 1280x720. For that matter, the iPhone/iPod touch "Retina Display" is only 960x640. Come to think of it, I can't think of very many pocket-size devices that have a 1280x720 res or greater that aren't the Samsung Galaxy Note. Those screens must be really expensive to produce.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]and the 3DS is suppose to be a "Next gen" system. the damn thing cant even output HD visuals. i tried to watch some movies/shows on the 3DS using the netflix app and everything i watched was pixelated and grainy, while on the Vita's netflix App almost everything i watched was in HD.

The Vita doesn't do HD The 3DS is a next gen system since it has been released a gen after DS and PSP. But according to dumb SW logic, it IS next-gen because it is more powerful than last-gen consoles
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
After seeing the disaster that was Metal Gear Solid 3DS...I would venture to say that the 3DS is more than a gen behind Vita.
iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

Software. Sadly, we can't get Nintendo to put out top-notch hardware coupled with their awesome first-party. They still have better software, and that makes the 3DS better than the Vita, but the hardware was lacking this generation.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#199 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Vita has to be the first console that I have seen that you can't play any games with it most of the time on its release.. $250 price tag is inaccurate.. Its more like $270 to $330.. Because it doesn't come with the memory card which is a must to do anything with it, and greedy ass Sony made their own unique type of memory cards instead of SD cards..
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#200 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]and the 3DS is suppose to be a "Next gen" system. the damn thing cant even output HD visuals. i tried to watch some movies/shows on the 3DS using the netflix app and everything i watched was pixelated and grainy, while on the Vita's netflix App almost everything i watched was in HD.NamelessPlayer
400x240 (3DS effective screen resolution; it's horizontally doubled for each eye in 3D) is a rather low resolution that makes the lack of anti-aliasing painfully apparent, but you can't call the Vita's 960x544 screen resolution "HD" if the minimum "HD" resolution is 1280x720. For that matter, the iPhone/iPod touch "Retina Display" is only 960x640. Come to think of it, I can't think of very many pocket-size devices that have a 1280x720 res or greater that aren't the Samsung Galaxy Note. Those screens must be really expensive to produce.

And completely unneccesary, you don't need that high of res on sucha small screen.