***** ALL CONTROLLER DISCUSSION in here please******

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jsymes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 jsymes
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

There seems to be some confusion as to what 6 degrees of movement means. Movement can be categorized into two basic types:

Linear - Where an object moves in a straight line and does not rotate. An Elevator for example.

Rotation - Where an object rotates about an axis but does not move in space. A Steering wheel for example.

The PS3 controller combines these basic movements to give it a total of six unique kinds of movement as follows:

1 Linear up\down

2 Linear forward\back

3 Linear left\right

4 Pitch - up\down Rotation

5 Roll - left\right Rotation (i.e Steering wheel)

6 Yaw - side to side Rotation (i.e Turntable)

Giving you a total of Six Degrees of Movement (Sometimes referred to as Six Degrees of Freedom)

Magicmaster-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202 Magicmaster-E
Member since 2004 • 788 Posts
[QUOTE="Johnny_Sack"]Aren't you guys ashamed? You derided the Wii controller as nothing but a gimmick and then your own paymasters have gone and made a second rate copy of it. Leaving aside the fact that this is blatant thievery of superior technology, don't you feel a tad hypocritial that the you now find motion detection technology acceptable despite the fact that you've derided in the past.?

You have to admit that sony are bad for the gaming industry, apart from creating a few great first party titles all they do is steal technology from other people and replicate it in inferior form. At least Microsoft tried to make their controller more ergonomic. Sony just stuck some motion sensors in it and called it a revolution.

I totally agree, before everyone was laughing at how silly thewiimote was, and then they did a double take after seeing Red steel, and now they are claiming that it is the next best thing (as long as sony has its name on it)
islandkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#205 islandkiwi
Member since 2003 • 1893 Posts

No vibration = end of patent infringing technology.  That's good for Sony.

But I think bad for gamers.  I've gotten used to that technology in games, having it gave you a limited tactile sensation in the game.  And with regards to that backwards compatibility library (which I heard nothing about, btw) this affects all of your older games as well.

reban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 reban
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts
car makers take ideas from each other, mobile phone makers do, tvs, just about everybody really. not worth getting worked up about.
ki11b0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 ki11b0y
Member since 2005 • 63 Posts
[QUOTE="reban"]car makers take ideas from each other, mobile phone makers do, tvs, just about everybody really. not worth getting worked up about.

nintendo have lead nearly every gaming innovation since the begining. sony have copied every gaming innovation since the psx. it wouldn't bother me so much if they contributed anything but they never do. they just wait for somebody to invent something good, steal it and then try and pass it off as their own idea.

and yeah there is alot of hypocricy going on with the playstation fanboys.
Daynus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Daynus
Member since 2006 • 1227 Posts
I can't be bothered going back and finding the quote, but someone said like, "who wants to use a current-gen controller..." in response to the argument that you could use GC controllers on the Wii. Dude, seriously. The xbox360 controller is not that different to an xbox controller. The ps3 controller, without the tilt, is very close to being exactly the same as a ps2 controller. So in conclusion, there's not much difference between a 'current-gen controller' and a 'next-gen controller'. At least as far as traditional style ones go.
rawCpoppa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 rawCpoppa
Member since 2004 • 4219 Posts
Some of you may think this is a great idea but I for one would like the rumble feature put back in. Gran Turismo feels very awkward without the different vibrations to tell you how your cars is feeling. I'd say the rumble feature is almost as important as sound in games. It's a subtle yet necessary requirement imo.

Imagine Psycho Mantis NOT being able to move your controller in MGS1...that sucks!
nahhh412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 nahhh412
Member since 2003 • 86 Posts
Once again Sony shows everyone why they are the best when it comes to designing a controller, they simplify everything instead of having to wave the controller everwhere with one hand, you can do it with both hands which means much easier control. Tyrant74012

this is sarcasm right, i hope so. if not then go drink some more beer-e-ohs drunky
buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

Aren't you guys ashamed? You derided the Wii controller as nothing but a gimmick and then your own paymasters have gone and made a second rate copy of it. Leaving aside the fact that this is blatant thievery of superior technology, don't you feel a tad hypocritial that the you now find motion detection technology acceptable despite the fact that you've derided in the past.?

You have to admit that sony are bad for the gaming industry, apart from creating a few great first party titles all they do is steal technology from other people and replicate it in inferior form.  At least Microsoft tried to make their controller more ergonomic. Sony just stuck some motion sensors in it and called it a revolution.  Johnny_Sack

Great post!  It is the truth.  Not to mention that it seems that they are REMOVING the rumble feature (correct me if I am wrong) for this controller.  Not cool.  I'm sure they'll probably release one that has it eventually, but it seems like a step backwards...

deathsonic18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 deathsonic18
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

The Only thing I can say that is it desgined perfecly for your hand.

It is the most inmporant part of the Playstation, so its always good.

Jamin1317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Jamin1317

nintendo have lead nearly every gaming innovation since the begining. sony have copied every gaming innovation since the psx. it wouldn't bother me so much if they contributed anything but they never do. they just wait for somebody to invent something good, steal it and then try and pass it off as their own idea.

ki11b0y

Yeah, because we all know that the cell processor, blu-ray, and 1080p are not innovative.  And never mind the fact that the PC has had tilt sensor joysticks since the mid 90's this idea is clearly thought up by Nintendo because they are the only innovative ones out there.

Zelos-W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Zelos-W
Member since 2005 • 408 Posts
[QUOTE="nahhh412"]
Once again Sony shows everyone why they are the best when it comes to designing a controller, they simplify everything instead of having to wave the controller everwhere with one hand, you can do it with both hands which means much easier control. Tyrant74012

this is sarcasm right, i hope so. if not then go drink some more beer-e-ohs drunky

Lmao, the scary thing is that I dont think he was being sarcastic. And you wonder why Nintendo are so secretive about these things!
darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts

[QUOTE="Johnny_Sack"]Aren't you guys ashamed? You derided the Wii controller as nothing but a gimmick and then your own paymasters have gone and made a second rate copy of it. Leaving aside the fact that this is blatant thievery of superior technology, don't you feel a tad hypocritial that the you now find motion detection technology acceptable despite the fact that you've derided in the past.?

You have to admit that sony are bad for the gaming industry, apart from creating a few great first party titles all they do is steal technology from other people and replicate it in inferior form. At least Microsoft tried to make their controller more ergonomic. Sony just stuck some motion sensors in it and called it a revolution. buuzer0

Great post! It is the truth. Not to mention that it seems that they are REMOVING the rumble feature (correct me if I am wrong) for this controller. Not cool. I'm sure they'll probably release one that has it eventually, but it seems like a step backwards...

You are right!! there is no rumble!!! link
Josubateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Josubateria
I think that WII´s and PS3´s pads are totally different... Sony´s one is much worser and more simple... There is no way to play a FPS with that one... It would work only for racing games... and moreover rumble dissapears... Really dissapointing.....
Frozen_Metroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Frozen_Metroid
Sony are afraid. The attention Wii is getting, not to mention that a Dragon Quest game is coming ONLY for Wii, made Sony sweat. The Wii are taking away third-party softwares (or maybe its houses?) from Sony. And Sony knows that they need them to survive. I am really amazed to see that Sony, which has sold 436353 millions of games and PS2's, are afraid of Nintendo. Wow. Innovation is truly the revolution.
TravisLucas_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 TravisLucas_77
Member since 2004 • 76 Posts
will u be able to play ps2 controllers on the ps3, because i need to feel some kind of rumbling.
bad_apple20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 bad_apple20
Member since 2006 • 250 Posts

To all the xbox fanboys who must feel 'raped' by the disgrace in which sony used 'xboxs' triggers

http://www.utdallas.edu/~jlc017500/New/3D%20models/dreamcast_controller_03_large.jpg

Xbox had nothing to do with the triggers(you'll see what i meen) so i'm sorry but so much copying goes on in this business. for example, can anyone see a small resemblence between the old dualshock and the 360 pads? Hmm perhaps the FOUR shoulder buttons...or both of the anologue sticks? no? well maybe the incerdibly similarly layed out ab and xy buttons when compared to sony's xo and square triangle. Infact, i'll  go so far as saying if you swapped the 360's left anologue stick for its d-pad, it's almost plagiarism!

And the Wii?? oh nintendo's only option to get attention was to do something different completely different like a wiimote. But i completely understand why you're getting scared about the ps3's motion sensor because it deflects the only attention off you guys. It's Pathetic! get over it the motion sensor wasn't exactly your invention.

xiaotjuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 xiaotjuh
I hope the PS3 controller doesn't sell too well, maybe the will reconsider to take the boomerang!
bad_apple20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 bad_apple20
Member since 2006 • 250 Posts

Oh yeah nintendo don't copy, they lead. And they never made the gc controller layout SURPRISINGLY similar to the dualshock....I love the wiimote and all but please nintendo get over yourselves.

hittin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#223 hittin
Member since 2005 • 26966 Posts
I hope all you Nintendo fans rott in hell, Sony didn't steal Nintendo's idea, the idea had been out a long time before, so it's not Nintendo's, it's an idea that a genius made that no one gives credit to him for, soon enough, X360 will have the control idea too.
player2867

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 player2867
Member since 2005 • 560 Posts
Nintendo fanboys = madHellraiser3899
Sony Fanboys= happy
Whocares759

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Whocares759
this is what you get if you didnt bicth about it then maybe they wouldnt have changed it ok the controller was fine no need to change it ok 
01crosr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 01crosr
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I was very disappointed when I heard about it, it is just a cross bred version of every other consoles controller, with the xbox's trigger, the 360's middle button, and the Wii's motion sensor, surely PS could come with something original!
meepmoopmeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 meepmoopmeep
Member since 2006 • 209 Posts
they really should have designed a 'BRAND NEW" design for the controller... why bring a 10 yr old design into the next-gen? even the boomerang was better... at least put something new...

and the 6 degrees motion sensor bites... i mean how many games will actually put it to good use? i'd rather have the rumble feature any day...
J_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 J_Devil
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts

To reply to alexeiw123's comment about having proof that Sony has had this controller in 2003:

http://sony.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/4815/ -This is the 'proof' anyway.

So Sony have been makin their 'new' controller since 2003 huh? Hahahaha!!! :lol:

Thats impressive considering that what is said in the article has no real bearing on their new controller, and is in fact completely different! Does the controller allow gamers to (and i quote from the article) 'simply waving a hand in a certain direction'. A HAND!? No, two hands more like, and whats the fun in that! Its just boring and confusing......ONE HAND allows the freedom. TWO HANDS dont.

But I can see where ur coming from, ITS JUST LIKE MINORITY REPORT isn't it. D'uh! And call me crazy but isnt this the ONLY article about this (from 2003!) and mentioned about it purely being in R&D, nothing more.
I know that this may seem that Sony thought o this first, but ur either completely biased or u dont get ur facts right cos Nintendo has documents on their controller about 5 YEARS AGO! So that would be 2001 wouldnt it? 2 years before Sony started R&D on the technology.

FINALLY, the technology that was talked about from Sony indicated motion sensors from A CAMERA!!! Not a controller. Do u read what u present as proof at all? It talks about eye movement and facial expressions (from a camera!), not what could be done wi the controller.

Its just funny, cos Sony are just scrambling to compete wi BOTH consoles, spreading the console thin. If they'd been in development wi this controller 4 this long, do u really think they'd just pull out their original 'boomerang' and replaced it wi the same old PS2 controller (that REALLY shows they were hard at work doesn't it) with tilt sensoring (oOo.....thats REALLY just like minority report isn't it)? If your answer is yes, then well done......ur brain cleary works eh?

My personal opinion is that Sony's been sweating buckets over the competition. So what do they do? The same thing they always do, STEAL!! There were up in there office saying 'right, we've taken most of Microsoft's online services, tweaked it and claimed it as our own. Now......what about Nintendo? Lets face it everyone, the 'boomerang' sucks. Although most people still like our PS2 controller, if only we could take that appeal and add some kind of motion sensor.  Hmmmm.......:idea:'

Hahahaha, and i've just heard the PS3 price. Thats what u get when u try to add EVERYTHING into ur over-ambitious console. Good luck Sony, good luck. :roll:

The thing is: Hard-core gamers will be swayed toward the 360, while Nintendo's approach of appealing to a larger audience (something Sony had no real interest in) is working because the interface is so user-freindly. That combined with the top class games Nintendo creates (Nintendogs appealled to all sorts, while the traditional games will keep those Crazy Nin-fans happy). Besides this, do u really think that company's will use this feature much? Judging from the past, developers dont like taking risks with all the money involved (ESPECIALLY with the cost of making PS3 games, something Nintendo doesn't need to worry about) and so the PS3 is still likely to receive all those boring, uninspiring sequels and repetitive ideas.

Thank u 4 listening, and I apologize 4 the long rant, but I had to write this as I am morally indignant due to the blatant daylight robbery of Sony. Thievery such as: Analogue stick (remember Sony's original controller? Nope? No surprise), rumble pak, Thied-party developers (yes people, u CAN buy friends) and so forth.....
Sony..........grow up and be ur own 'person'. Stop persistantly coping, ur like a spoilt 5 year old copying a sibling. U may win an audience, but u'll gain no respect from the people who see right through ur plagurist ways.
I thank you again, and remember: Stealing is wrong, no matter how much u try and hide. Lets all just hope people are smarter than Sony take us for. We ARE smarter, no matter how childish some people can be on the Net.

Yours truthfully,
                             The Jersey Devil (Scotland) :twisted:

Ps. No console should the same, this isnt a biased comment. Im just a big fan of innovation/creativity in gaming. Trying something new is what games should be all about frankly....

floaters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 floaters
Member since 2003 • 112 Posts
why is everyone so mad at the dualshock 3 when everyone flamed the boomerang version
the "new" ps3 controller c'mon
i mean mayber u could have both u buy what u like but the default will be the dualshock 3 and i personally aint mad I like the dualshock 3 and i like the dualshock i mean the new controller for another next gen system resembles a dual shock controller

the dualshock controller is fine and your already accustomed to it
it's just being upgraded
who knows it may get cusioning next

the point is the first version was flamed and the original dualshock was begged to be braught back so why say u want the old boomerang again?

and about the motion sensor "maybe" sony wouldn't have implemented it yet if the wii didn't but so what maybe microsoft wouldn't have made a console if sony didn't maybe nintendo wouldn't have made a system if atari didn't ever think about it that way?

Also they could've used the motion sensor technology in the old controller and didn't see fit to talk about it but with the advent of the popularity the feature got in the wii decided to talk about it the point is we don't really know and we really shouldn't care once we get the best at an affordable price it should be cool competition is always around and aint going nowhere

Long live dualshock
p_adamson15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#230 p_adamson15
Member since 2003 • 149 Posts
Dual Shock controllers have always been a great design, and you can all thank big Ken that your not stuck with that ridiculous boomerang thing, which looked like a dodgy 3rd party joyapd you get free with a magazine. Of course your all going to maon about it now, even though a few months ago you were crying about how stupid the boomerang was.  Most of you have little better to do than complain but just be content that its a tried and tested design which is all good...
kirbymariopika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 kirbymariopika
Member since 2004 • 53 Posts
Well, Sony officially sucks now... on a level so large not even a sub-atomic scale could measure it...
Drumr32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Drumr32
Member since 2005 • 258 Posts
Wow, I didn't even notice that the L2 and R2 buttons are now like triggers. 
NeverdyWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#233 NeverdyWilson
Member since 2004 • 397 Posts
SONY IS A COPIER!!! GRRR... SONY YOU USED TO BE AWESOME BUT NOW YOU SUCK AT LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Avatar image for -o-o-o-o-o-o-ox
-o-o-o-o-o-o-ox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 -o-o-o-o-o-o-ox
Member since 2005 • 2467 Posts

I hope the controller is: Pitch, Roll, and Yaw.  Tilting in 6 directions

I also hope most games require you to use the motion feature so it is acctually part of the PS3 setup, not just an option for those who choose...

I kinda hope the controller doesn't sense motion along the X, Y, and Z axis, becuase then you would have to wave the controller around all over the place.

I know this controller is brilliant, and it's different from the Wii, because it is implementing motion into traditional established controller-based gaming, whereas Wii is "New Wave" gaming.

Both companies have good controllers that I am excited about!!!

SephirothXer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 SephirothXer0
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="ki11b0y"]

Jamin1317

Yeah, because we all know that the cell processor, blu-ray, and 1080p are not innovative.  And never mind the fact that the PC has had tilt sensor joysticks since the mid 90's this idea is clearly thought up by Nintendo because they are the only innovative ones out there.

Those things are not for the Games market exclusively, and add nothing intrinsically to the games themselves, just clean them up a bit with a little smoother processing, a little clearer picture, and more storage. Don't forget that Sony makes TVs, DVD Players, and many other electronics on a much larger scale than the Playstation. You're probably not old enough to remember Betamax, but Sony tried the same thing then as they are with the Blu-Ray, to catch a stranglehold on the media industry by owning the standard mediums. They just took all these things from their other departments and threw them together for the PS3. The point is, no they have not contributed anything specifically for video games.

On topic, I really liked the Batarang... I've held controllers for PC shaped just like it, and they are much more comfortable than the DualShock. Well, I guess it's just the Dual now...

tatoomast3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 tatoomast3r
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I think it's quite a brilliant idea.
I can imagine playing an FPS and instead of hold a button down to peak around the corner, I can simply tilt the controller.
Everybody rips each other off these days. It's not that big of a deal.
I mean.....come on now....You wouldn't call Nintendo a rip off because they come up with NES after Atari would you?
Sony has some innovation. I mean sure the Eye-toy came out a while ago, but hey guess what? No one's doing it yet.
Besides, why so much negative energy towards any console at all? It is the game that really counts. Was Ps2 a better system than xbox? nope. But it won the competition because of the games that where on it.
And do you really think the controller is even going to affect the quality of the game? Think it through before making any negative remarks. We where the ones that complained about the weird original ps3 controller and Sony listened to our complains. Now we're going to bash them because they listen to our wants and needs?
relax guys......ps3 will do just fine. And come on now......we all know just how flipping sexy MGS4 looks on ps3 and if you tell me you don't want to play MGS4 because of the controller than........well you got some issues....
lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 lvlUNE3B
Member since 2006 • 3277 Posts
I think it's quite a brilliant idea.
I can imagine playing an FPS and instead of hold a button down to peak around the corner, I can simply tilt the controller.
Everybody rips each other off these days. It's not that big of a deal.
I mean.....come on now....You wouldn't call Nintendo a rip off because they come up with NES after Atari would you?
Sony has some innovation. I mean sure the Eye-toy came out a while ago, but hey guess what? No one's doing it yet.
Besides, why so much negative energy towards any console at all? It is the game that really counts. Was Ps2 a better system than xbox? nope. But it won the competition because of the games that where on it.
And do you really think the controller is even going to affect the quality of the game? Think it through before making any negative remarks. We where the ones that complained about the weird original ps3 controller and Sony listened to our complains. Now we're going to bash them because they listen to our wants and needs?
relax guys......ps3 will do just fine. And come on now......we all know just how flipping sexy MGS4 looks on ps3 and if you tell me you don't want to play MGS4 because of the controller than........well you got some issues....
tatoomast3r
Quite right!! There would be more controllers whenever it launched. Vibration would be a point but it rumbles... When you drives in Aircraft,car the controller will move and allow yourself to move with it.It's good in FPS and in third person it will act as a camera left/right and zoom in /zoom out
gamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 gamerI
Member since 2006 • 92 Posts

Im not sure about you but i dont wanna keep waving my friggin arms around to move.  Did you see that guy playing warhawk.  he looked like a ****

Zer0Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Zer0Shadow
Member since 2006 • 747 Posts
^^Hey you do the same with the wiimote AND you  can allways turn it off.^^

BTW:
It's not motion sensing, it is TILT sensing. Two VERY different things. The Wii will require sensor bars to sense the Wiimote's movement in 3D space. The DS3 does it entirely internally due to tilt sensors.

So, its not the same its not a rip so have yourself a little cry for being wrong and shut up.
blindrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 blindrim
One interesting thing is that a lot of people say that SCE stole the motion sensitivity from Wii although Wii still has their, yes they used a similar idea, why not? Yes they probably got the idea from the Wii controller, who cares? The important thing is that the controller works for the games that is designed for the platform.
I am thrilled to be able to make games for my favorite console and use such a feature, why not?And as numerous people before me has pointed out, the Wii controller and the PS3 controller uses entirely different techniques, the Wii controller is about movement and the PS3 is about tilting and rolling.Now can't people just lay this to a rest and look forward to seeing great games using an extra feature?
Gamester108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Gamester108
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts

Maybe everyone need to see this link -

http://sony.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/4815/

It shows that Sony in fact did not copy Nintendo's idea.

Cait_Sith

Yeah, you know what, just check out this link and you'll see that sony didn't copy nintendo because if you check the date, it says that phil harrison was talking about motion sensor in 2003 so it must be nintendo that copied sony

Gamester108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Gamester108
why wont anyone start talking about microsoft. at least sony tried to do something to make their controller more innovative. Microsoft in fact copied sony with their Xbox360 controller when they added two shoulder buttons just like the PS2's R1, and L1. So just stop talking about sony because Microsoft still has a dumb old controller with absolutely nothing special about it. And if you say that its wireless, dont forget that wireless controllers can be bought for the PS2 and original Xbox.
Gamester108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Gamester108
why wont anyone start talking about microsoft. at least sony tried to do something to make their controller more innovative. Microsoft in fact copied sony with their Xbox360 controller when they added two shoulder buttons just like the PS2's R1, and L1. So just stop talking about sony because Microsoft still has a dumb old controller with absolutely nothing special about it. And if you say that its wireless, dont forget that wireless controllers can be bought for the PS2 and original Xbox.
Crazybirdz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Crazybirdz
Member since 2005 • 126 Posts
ok boys and or girls heres my thoughts GO OUTSIDE, take a break maybe like hmm i dunno the rest of ur lives, get a job if u dont have one, or stop crying about every little change.

only reason ps3 has the old none dual shock3 is because all u kids whined about it now ur crying that the old controller is back again again.

further more sony did not steal the wii's idea of motion sensory as posted before that thing u know the eye toy that uses motion sensory to play games :o was made before the wii. like what a shock all the nintendo fan boys are mad because now the wii isnt the only thing with a motion sensory controller

lets think what else happend like now xbox is using a camera ooo u dont hear people screaming omg they stole playstations eyetoy omg omg omg.

so all fan boys shut up allready take it to system wars if ur gonna whine,

and no i am not a sony fan boy i do like sony but i do have a cube and like every gameboy known to man(cept ds). and i am planning on getting a 360 one of these days so all u crying nerds who cant accept change and that some idea get borrowed sit down and just think for a second that not everything will go ur way
Crazybirdz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Crazybirdz
Member since 2005 • 126 Posts
why wont anyone start talking about microsoft. at least sony tried to do something to make their controller more innovative. Microsoft in fact copied sony with their Xbox360 controller when they added two shoulder buttons just like the PS2's R1, and L1. So just stop talking about sony because Microsoft still has a dumb old controller with absolutely nothing special about it. And if you say that its wireless, dont forget that wireless controllers can be bought for the PS2 and original Xbox.Gamester108

yes i forgot to add that too microsoft has the same controller as the originial xbox and u didnt see everyone complaining about it so u guys need to chill
J_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 J_Devil
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts
[QUOTE="Cait_Sith"]

Maybe everyone need to see this link -

http://sony.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/4815/

It shows that Sony in fact did not copy Nintendo's idea.

Gamester108

Yeah, you know what, just check out this link and you'll see that sony didn't copy nintendo because if you check the date, it says that phil harrison was talking about motion sensor in 2003 so it must be nintendo that copied sony

Eh........HELLO!? Dont make me write my comment about this so called 'proof' AGAIN! It took far too long the first time, just check out page 23 to see that all you guys who think this is 'proof' cannot read very well OR u just cant understand the fact that its refering to the EYETOY (NOT a controller) as being the device that senses motion (and emotion 'apparently' :roll:) In fact technically Sony saw Minority Report and was tryin to steal those ideas. But i repeat, THIS IS NOT PROOF!!!!!! Anyway, Nintendo came up with the idea around 2001! Call me crazy, but isn't that 2 years before this 'proof' materialised!

Please dont make me have to repeat this again! Thank you, you're so kind!

jay_Z_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 jay_Z_100
Member since 2003 • 590 Posts

ok boys and or girls heres my thoughts GO OUTSIDE, take a break maybe like hmm i dunno the rest of ur lives, get a job if u dont have one, or stop crying about every little change.

only reason ps3 has the old none dual shock3 is because all u kids whined about it now ur crying that the old controller is back again again.

further more sony did not steal the wii's idea of motion sensory as posted before that thing u know the eye toy that uses motion sensory to play games :o was made before the wii. like what a shock all the nintendo fan boys are mad because now the wii isnt the only thing with a motion sensory controller

lets think what else happend like now xbox is using a camera ooo u dont hear people screaming omg they stole playstations eyetoy omg omg omg.

so all fan boys shut up allready take it to system wars if ur gonna whine,

and no i am not a sony fan boy i do like sony but i do have a cube and like every gameboy known to man(cept ds). and i am planning on getting a 360 one of these days so all u crying nerds who cant accept change and that some idea get borrowed sit down and just think for a second that not everything will go ur way
Crazybirdz

You are so full of crap.

The eyetoy is nothing like the Wii controller because the eyetoy only senses in 2D while the Wii is 3D.

And for your information Sony did copy the Wii controller because sonys controller can only do the things that the Wii's Nunchuck can do and nothing else.

steever1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 steever1
What sSony has done is the most sleazsiet, greasy thing i have ever seen. I swear Nintendo should file some sort of law suit because this is sick. Sony should come up there own ideas. This just goes to show that sony cares more about the money than the game. Im not a nintendo fan boy but any 1 can see this is rediculus.
unxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 unxp
Member since 2004 • 37 Posts

1 Linear up\down

2 Linear forward\back

3 Linear left\right

4 Pitch - up\down Rotation

5 Roll - left\right Rotation (i.e Steering wheel)

6 Yaw - side to side Rotation (i.e Turntable)

Giving you a total of Six Degrees of Movement (Sometimes referred to as Six Degrees of Freedom)

jsymes
Just wanted to write the same thing. As far as I can tell, there are 3 accelerometers and 3 tilt sensors in the controller. The acceleration is integrated to get velocity and velocity can be integrated to get displacement (or position, if you like). The rotation angle can be read from the tilt sensors directly and can be pretty accurate. However with accelerometers, there are all sorts of problems that lead to inacurate position estimation (and the error grows over time if no point of refference (read: external, fixed position sensor) is present). This suggests that only 3 "degrees of freedom" will be used properly. However, maybe Sony engineers have come up with something clever :) We'll see...