***** ALL CONTROLLER DISCUSSION in here please******

This topic is locked from further discussion.

runenwitapsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 runenwitapsp
Member since 2005 • 469 Posts
i'm a little dissapointed with sony not sticking with the batarang design controller...i was hoping for a different contoller ....dont get me wrong i love the standard design with the motion sensor..seems like fun..
blingeasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 blingeasy
Member since 2004 • 119 Posts

I like the batarang more but still the dual shock been around for a long time I think they should make it the same but change it a little pit so it looks and feel the same but somethink new.  Like the logitech Controller but smaller it looks great feel great and it thesame but a little pit different thisiswhat sony should off then.

Which one do you like http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/368/368554p1.html

Sneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 Sneku
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
who cares if the control can make hamburgers, i only care if the games can make it up to the control, as an example, the very first game i will bought when i get my hands on a PS3 will be MGS4: Guns of the Patriots, if konami makes me swing my dual shock 3 to control solid snake's movement, I PERSONALLY WILL GET MY ASS TO JAPAN TO KICK HIDEO'S ASS.

but in a game like zelda if nintendo's guys take their heads out of their asses and think for first time since the end of the SNES era, they'll put link's sword controls in the Wii controlers, of course too many kids running  in tha room screaming and swining the Wii (crap why has this name to be soo gay) DAMN IT the holocaust is here.  and too many kids hurt.  but it would be a hell of fun while it last.

getting back to the controler, nintendo first made that stuff with another thing you put in the N64 controler that allows you to move strafing and so on the N64 controls.  if PS3 really copied a nintendos idea, then nintendo should get lawyers and let them do the hard work, but i dont see anything like it. 
theuntoldhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 theuntoldhero
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
You have to press a button for the functionality to work, didn't anyone read anything?
Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#255 Drizzle
Member since 2002 • 2429 Posts
Sony didn't copy anyone. This is just a coinsidence that Nintando happened to have the same ideas. Motion sencing should be able to be used by anyone not just one party
superhario64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 superhario64
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts
Won, the denial is really strong here. Let me break it down

The center button and the triggers copy the 360 controller
The motion sensitivity copies the wii controller

The difference between the 360 and PS3 controller is that the 360 controller is an EVOLUTION of the XBox controller. Designers listened to Gamers criticisms and fixed the controllre accordingly. The PS3 controller is a half assed PS2 controller with no rumble and features ripped off the 360 and Wii. I really feel sorry for you guys.
superhario64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 superhario64
[QUOTE="hittin"]I hope all you Nintendo fans rott in hell, Sony didn't steal Nintendo's idea, the idea had been out a long time before, so it's not Nintendo's, it's an idea that a genius made that no one gives credit to him for, soon enough, X360 will have the control idea too.

Oh, and I suppose they were going to put motion sensors in all along. They just waited until Nintendo did it first. Damn you Sony Fanboys are Weak, you can't even admit that the controllers been copied.  At least be a man about it and admit it's a cheap rip off. Denial is aterribel thing............................
superhario64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 superhario64
[QUOTE="Cait_Sith"]

Maybe everyone need to see this link -

http://sony.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/4815/

It shows that Sony in fact did not copy Nintendo's idea.

Gamester108

Yeah, you know what, just check out this link and you'll see that sony didn't copy nintendo because if you check the date, it says that phil harrison was talking about motion sensor in 2003 so it must be nintendo that copied sony

Sony announced th4eir crappy motion sensor last week. Nintendo announced there's a year ago. Who's copying who again?
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#259 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts
For those bashing the PS3 controller for not having rumble, well thats why you get a giant subwoofer. That way when you blow somethig up you can really feel and hear it. At first I was a little sketical but then I remembered how my pc shakes when I blow something up.
Akush47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 Akush47
Member since 2005 • 1611 Posts
i'm ok with the controller but a little disapoint'd =/
ReaperXxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 ReaperXxxx
Member since 2006 • 1713 Posts
I am a huge fan of the PS2 and have always thought of the DualShock as the best controller out there. If you compare the current Xbox 360 controller (which is excellent, by the way) to the DualShock and the original Xbox controller, you will see that Microsoft really copied a lot of elements from the DualShock and pretty much scrapped their original design. That said, the improvements to the new 360 controller are good ones, and show that MS is listening to it's customers. One of the improvements made to it, in my opinion, was the inclusion of more sensitive vibration devices making the force feedback aspect a much larger part of the game. This is why I am totally disgusted with Sony for their "new" controller. It's a DualShock...minus the shock part...with half-a**ed motion sensing. That's just a shame.

I saw a suggestion that the vibration is not needed if you have a good sound setup. This is true for major explosions or anything triggering a bass response. My gaming setup is a full home theater so I know that for these types of things, you really do feel the action so the lack of feedback in the controller is not a big deal, but for other games it is. An example would be say, the new Brothers in Arms game coming out for both the 360 and PS3. You are making your way through an online deathmatch game and a sniper starts firing on you from the side, out of your field of view. The 360 controller rumbles on the left side, you turn left, fire, and kill the sniper, the PS3 controller doesn't have this capability and will either have to rely on some sort of on-screen indication of where the fire is coming from, or you die not knowing which way to turn. Another example would be getting bumped in a racing game. PGR3 will shake the controller accorind to which direction you are getting bumped from, Gran Turismo won't even have the option (although driving with the PS3 controller should be a pretty good time.)

I'm just dissapointed in Sony with this controller. The limited motion sensing they introduced will no-doubt be a great addition for some games, but it will be pretty limited and overall is not much more than a gimmick. It's certainly not enough of a feature to do away with force feedback in a controller. Sony seems like they are really reaching with this system and doing a lot at the last minute. Hopfully they can avoid a release debacle like Microsoft faced with the severe supply shortage.
hifivebenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 hifivebenji

the controller that is all fine and dandy but now the controller only really go with the black ps3, before each generation of play station changed colour (not including psp) psx grey with grey controllers, ps2 black with black controllers but now the silver ps3 every one is looking at doesn't match the controllers. (i know they will make silver controllers if they keep the silver ps3)

i think the boomerang controller suit the new next gen console but critics had to take a bit out of it and people would then use the boomerang controller to try and prove xbox 360 was better. really i reckon that the boomerang shape would have fitted to you hands nicely but ps3 all worried changed the controller (well i don't blame them many people didn't like the look of the controllers so the ps3 might not have sold) so in all i think they could of kept the controller because it was i next gen shape

J_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 J_Devil
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamester108"][QUOTE="Cait_Sith"]

Maybe everyone need to see this link -

http://sony.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/4815/

It shows that Sony in fact did not copy Nintendo's idea.

superhario64

Yeah, you know what, just check out this link and you'll see that sony didn't copy nintendo because if you check the date, it says that phil harrison was talking about motion sensor in 2003 so it must be nintendo that copied sony

Sony announced th4eir crappy motion sensor last week. Nintendo announced there's a year ago. Who's copying who again?

Well its good to see someones on the ball, finally! Everyone should read that article as its a pile o C*** and is NOT about their 'new' controller but about the EYETOY and the devolopment from the CAMERA!!!! NOT THE CONTROLLER!!!!!!! Hahahahaha, whoever thought this proof has some reading difficulty's. Or there just plain stupid!

cornelle123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 cornelle123
Member since 2005 • 2416 Posts

I am a huge fan of the PS2 and have always thought of the DualShock as the best controller out there. If you compare the current Xbox 360 controller (which is excellent, by the way) to the DualShock and the original Xbox controller, you will see that Microsoft really copied a lot of elements from the DualShock and pretty much scrapped their original design. That said, the improvements to the new 360 controller are good ones, and show that MS is listening to it's customers. One of the improvements made to it, in my opinion, was the inclusion of more sensitive vibration devices making the force feedback aspect a much larger part of the game. This is why I am totally disgusted with Sony for their "new" controller. It's a DualShock...minus the shock part...with half-a**ed motion sensing. That's just a shame.

I saw a suggestion that the vibration is not needed if you have a good sound setup. This is true for major explosions or anything triggering a bass response. My gaming setup is a full home theater so I know that for these types of things, you really do feel the action so the lack of feedback in the controller is not a big deal, but for other games it is. An example would be say, the new Brothers in Arms game coming out for both the 360 and PS3. You are making your way through an online deathmatch game and a sniper starts firing on you from the side, out of your field of view. The 360 controller rumbles on the left side, you turn left, fire, and kill the sniper, the PS3 controller doesn't have this capability and will either have to rely on some sort of on-screen indication of where the fire is coming from, or you die not knowing which way to turn. Another example would be getting bumped in a racing game. PGR3 will shake the controller accorind to which direction you are getting bumped from, Gran Turismo won't even have the option (although driving with the PS3 controller should be a pretty good time.)

I'm just dissapointed in Sony with this controller. The limited motion sensing they introduced will no-doubt be a great addition for some games, but it will be pretty limited and overall is not much more than a gimmick. It's certainly not enough of a feature to do away with force feedback in a controller. Sony seems like they are really reaching with this system and doing a lot at the last minute. Hopfully they can avoid a release debacle like Microsoft faced with the severe supply shortage.
ReaperXxxx

Rumble does add to the game, but the ps3 will have much better sound creations, so you're just have to except that you're have to use the gifts that something gave you (your hearing) instead of the gift you gave yourself (the remote).  Plus, I always thought if a developer wanted to really get the player into the game, they would use the next eyetoy.  I sort of firgured that Sony wouldn't just leave Nintendo to the motion sensing - the original eyetoy could detect all motions, but Sony has excepted that Nintendo's next step (and not console gamings first step) in the direction of motion sensors would want Sony to also continue their mark in making motion sensoring more mainstream.  Even a person at Epic warned people that the motion sensor of the Wii controller would make a lot of gimmicky games (in any case) but of course that Sony is no exception: they will receive some bad motion sensor games too, just like the ps2 had (eyeplay 2 isn't actually a great game for hard core gamers, but a hard core gamer should see that its potential is there). 

deadman28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 deadman28
will PS2 controllers work on the PS3?:?
ReaperXxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 ReaperXxxx
Member since 2006 • 1713 Posts
Rumble does add to the game, but the ps3 will have much better sound creations, so you're just have to except that you're have to use the gifts that something gave you (your hearing) instead of the gift you gave yourself (the remote). Plus, I always thought if a developer wanted to really get the player into the game, they would use the next eyetoy. I sort of firgured that Sony wouldn't just leave Nintendo to the motion sensing - the original eyetoy could detect all motions, but Sony has excepted that Nintendo's next step (and not console gamings first step) in the direction of motion sensors would want Sony to also continue their mark in making motion sensoring more mainstream. Even a person at Epic warned people that the motion sensor of the Wii controller would make a lot of gimmicky games (in any case) but of course that Sony is no exception: they will receive some bad motion sensor games too, just like the ps2 had (eyeplay 2 isn't actually a great game for hard core gamers, but a hard core gamer should see that its potential is there). cornelle123

Point taken about the Eyetoy possibilities. My problem with the EyeToy is that it was a very cool concept that they never did anything useful with. I want to see something where these next-gen cameras can scan your face and actually put it on a charater. I want to be pitching in MLB 2K7 with a created character or running around with my character in Halo 3 with a facial representation of what I actually look like. Maybe that wasn't possible with the very low-res EYeToy, but with the new 360 camera and the PS3's HD Eyetoy it should be. I'd also like to see these newer cameras used for some motion sensing inside of good games, not the crap kiddie games that were released for the PS2's Eyetoy.

I still think that Sony is just trying to take some of the wind out of Nintendo's sails with this motion sensing controller and that it's more of a gimmick than a feature. The Wii-mote has rumble AND motion sensing. Why can't Sony's?
Slaide69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#267 Slaide69
Member since 2003 • 192 Posts

What is up with all this controllerversy.  People calling it the SBOX because of the little button in the center, its not like that is a Microsoft trademark there are numerous gadgets and gizmos that have their logo encased in plastic.  I know its reaching but cellphones are a good example whoever manufactured your cell phone has their name in the plastic faceplate.  As for the PS-Wii why dont we start calling it the Wii-Tiger for all those handle held fishing, golf, and baseball games, and yes they have those on TV as well not sure if Tiger makes those or not.  Motion sensitivity has been around for a LONG time. POINT everything has been copied at some point or another.

I personally like all the controllers with this line up of consoles.  I wished Sony would have done a little something with their controller to make it a bit more First Person friendly (analogs to close together I can never manipulate it that well on FPS), but if it aint broke dont fix it I'm still gonna buy Resistence Fall of Man though.  Xbox is still the most ideal for FPS.  As for the Wii controller its everything nintendo wants it to be at home in the living room sitting with the rest of your remotes ("comfortable" I guess would be the word). Dont mean to tick off any fanboys out there I think I said atleast 1 nice thing to counteract the bad. 

Cant wait PS3 for christmas, and Wii for taxreturn!!  

One last thing anyone went to the sites that showed off some controller drawings aka possible prototypes.. if so what did u think of the PS Ball controller? I thought it would be a pretty sweet RPG controller.  If I had the link I would post it sry.

cornelle123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 cornelle123
Member since 2005 • 2416 Posts

Point taken about the Eyetoy possibilities. My problem with the EyeToy is that it was a very cool concept that they never did anything useful with. I want to see something where these next-gen cameras can scan your face and actually put it on a charater. I want to be pitching in MLB 2K7 with a created character or running around with my character in Halo 3 with a facial representation of what I actually look like. Maybe that wasn't possible with the very low-res EYeToy, but with the new 360 camera and the PS3's HD Eyetoy it should be. I'd also like to see these newer cameras used for some motion sensing inside of good games, not the crap kiddie games that were released for the PS2's Eyetoy.

I still think that Sony is just trying to take some of the wind out of Nintendo's sails with this motion sensing controller and that it's more of a gimmick than a feature. The Wii-mote has rumble AND motion sensing. Why can't Sony's?
ReaperXxxx

Sure, the eyetoy didn't get developed properly, but it did show that Sony was interested in motion sensor technology even if they have decided that if it were to become mainstream, it has to be part of the controller or developers wouldn't use it. Rumble does have a lot of good features, but it doesn't make sense to rely on it solely for emercing the player into the action.  Mirror neuron cells work on realistic images (see RE 4 and MGS 4); you see the character so you feel what that character feels, as long as that character's reaction is realistic - a thing that the ps3 can do, but a feature questionable on the Wii (at least for its launch titles).  This brain reaction is more to do with realistic images (and a 3rd person camera) than it has to do with a rumble feature.  Technically, if the images are real enough, the rumble feature doesn't mean more realistic gaming, since the brain's interpretation of the action will suffice.  Mirror neuron cells use images, not movement.  Therefore, if you see a man getting run over by a car, you cringe.  Why?  You didn't get hit by the car.  But do you think you're cringe any more if you had a remote that vibrated every time you saw anyone get hurt?  Scientifically, the addition is pointless when looking at everyday life - which the ps3 graphics should emulate (sound, physics and images).  If you want to get players in the game, the developers should target mirror neuron cells and not just the players sense of touch.  It's pointless and gimmicky when you want more than a simulation.  For simulation, the rumble works, but for realistic gameplay, graphics rule.  Sorry, but graphic whores aren't wrong; they're simply more affected by mirror neuron cells.   Plus, casual gamers, or non-gamers, will have an easier time emercing themselves in the game with realistic graphics than the rumble feature.  So in the end, the rumble feature doesn't even increase the amount of gamers whom feed the gaming industry.  Graphics do.  But to help people understand the graphics, like the eyetoy or the wii-mote, they need new control features.  The tilt of the ps3's controller seems reasonable to get rid of the rumble feature, which only appealed to gamers whom already loved gaming.  No one has started a new love affair with gaming because of the rumble.  The player either always had it, or were gamers before the rumble feature was created (like myself).  If you take the rumble away, developers have to rely on realistic stimuli instead of the artifically created touch of the rumble.  What really got new gamers into video gaming was the analog control, which applied meaningful resistence to video games and made movement in the 3d space much more sensitive.  If sony had to ditch their analog sticks for the motion sensor, I would think that was a bad move, but people should remember that the rumble feature of the n64 controller wasn't its godly feature; that status belongs to the introduction of analog control. 

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#269 CR00K
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts
will PS2 controllers work on the PS3?:?deadman28
  Why would you want to use the PS2 controllers?  The PS3 controller is the exact same thing as the PS2 controller minus the rumble.  It also has a button in the middle which I think is like a Home button.
Avatar image for -o-o-o-o-o-o-ox
-o-o-o-o-o-o-ox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 -o-o-o-o-o-o-ox
Member since 2005 • 2467 Posts

I hope the PS3 requires you to use motion for 99% of its games, so some gamers can't get away with NEVER using it.  I hope it's not just an option, because, what's the point of it if it is?

Avatar image for -o-o-o-o-o-o-ox
-o-o-o-o-o-o-ox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 -o-o-o-o-o-o-ox
Member since 2005 • 2467 Posts

I noticed the PS3 controller looks "fatter" than the PS2 controller.  It almost looks like one of those ugly 3rd-party PS2 controllers.

It's fat.

meepmoopmeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 meepmoopmeep
Member since 2006 • 209 Posts
[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]What the dual shock again????!?!?!? Why couldn't we get a new controller. The dual shock has been cramping my hand for 10 years now. If we beg sony do you think they'll give use 2 controller designs to choose from?

yah, whatever happened to "Welcome Chang3", c'mon, the dualshock was a great controller but they should bring a new design into the next generation...
DoctorXtreme10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 DoctorXtreme10

Does the PS3 only support 4 wirless controllers because if you look at this picture there are only four conection lights or what ever you call them

DoctorXtreme10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 DoctorXtreme10

Does the PS3 only support 4 wirless controllers because if you look at this picture there are only four conection lights or what ever you call them

naturefox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 naturefox
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
what do you think of getting ride of the vibration that is really going to suck bad move on sony i love the vibration. i can live without it but i will miss it dearly
Fooljeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Fooljeff
Member since 2003 • 195 Posts

The dual shock always seemed like the best controller. It has a D-pad that is actually usable as well as extremely delicious, symmetrical, and efficient button placement. Why change a beautiful thing?

I have never found comfortability to be a problem. I guess if you actually find it uncomfortable and it takes away from your video game immersion, it would be worth complaining about.

gandorf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 gandorf1
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I agree with the above post, and i think that the controller should not be messed with. I consider the controller to be fairly comfortable, light, and a good size. However i was pretty upset that sony would sink so low and try to copy nintendo once again, but i do realize that gaming is a tough market so i cant hold a grudge too long.

Avatar image for Pot_Smoky_Ninja
Pot_Smoky_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Pot_Smoky_Ninja
Member since 2005 • 27 Posts
I hate the dualshock design and liked the first prototype A LOT better then this...
Proxeneta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Proxeneta
I have to say, even though the design is almost entirely based on the dualshock 2, it still looks pretty sweet. And, to the lot of us who actually liked the batarang design, we´ll just have to wait for either sony or one of those third-party companies to actually release one. I know I would buy it.(one of each, that is!:D)

Its just easier to hit "reply"
halitolilone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 halitolilone
Member since 2003 • 27 Posts

wow this controller is great this november sony will conquer the gameing industry bye bye microsoft and nintendo

metal gear solid 4 is going to be ps3 greatest game

Pot_Smoky_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 Pot_Smoky_Ninja
i have a feeling that nintendo will dominate sales with their wiimote thingy and how they took advantage of the whole thing
Pot_Smoky_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 Pot_Smoky_Ninja
all i know is microsoft is basically dead in november but ps3 will have a tough competition with nintendo 
flieslordof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 flieslordof

There seems to be some confusion as to what 6 degrees of movement means. Movement can be categorized into two basic types:

Linear - Where an object moves in a straight line and does not rotate. An Elevator for example.

Rotation - Where an object rotates about an axis but does not move in space. A Steering wheel for example.

The PS3 controller combines these basic movements to give it a total of six unique kinds of movement as follows:

1 Linear up\down

2 Linear forward\back

3 Linear left\right

4 Pitch - up\down Rotation

5 Roll - left\right Rotation (i.e Steering wheel)

6 Yaw - side to side Rotation (i.e Turntable)

Giving you a total of Six Degrees of Movement (Sometimes referred to as Six Degrees of Freedom)

jsymes

Thank you for posting this......you're right on....this is what is meant by 6-degrees of freedom. The staff at gamespot wasn't even right in they're definition. We'll see if Sony used the correct definition. For the record the Wii has this motion control for both hands separately as well as screen position aiming
gamer18033

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 gamer18033
Member since 2004 • 295 Posts
how many controllers can u use?
huskerman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#285 huskerman34
Member since 2006 • 346 Posts

I'ts better than the boomerang controller they first showed. It remind me of the ackward xbox controller the first generation sidewinder controller you would use to play  games on the pc. If its broke dont fix it. I like the blue tooth technology im also excited about the WII controllers  the classic controller  and the remote controller i feel that sony,nintendo, and microsoft are bringing it when it comes to hardware innovation.

BMW325Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 BMW325Ry

I would have really liked to see a new design to coincide with a new system, new generation etc. However, the Dual Shock has been a great controller and I understand Sony's decision for the PS3. Who knows, a possible change may be down the road? 

zenith_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 zenith_04
Twenty-nine pages of Nintendo vs. Sony, and not one person seems to have noticed that they dropped Force Feedback.

I don't care if the damn thing can sense that I'm tilting it; if it doesn't rumble, it's not worth it.
joter91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 joter91
Member since 2003 • 73 Posts
1. THe boomarang was cool
2. The new controller roxors
3. The PS3 is awesome
4. THe controller isn't a rip off
5. The middle button i hope takes over your parents/siblings/childrens/girlfriends/guyfriends/etc brain and forces them to be your slave

PS3 Fund: $230.45 yay 32% of the way there
I plan on buying:
60 Gb PS3: $599.99
1 PS3 (on launch): $59.99
Total $650 + tax or about $700

I HATE YOU.... NOT YOU... THE GOVERNMENT.... DANG TAXES!!!!!
joter91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 joter91
Member since 2003 • 73 Posts
i dont know about you but i am not that interesed in gimmicky games (like the WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII) thats why i love PS3
sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts
Good to see Sony's had the sense to opt for the Dual shock type shaped controller over the "Boomerang" one.Pity though that they've dropped force feedback on it in favour of motion sensors.F.Feedback is always great on racing and shoot-em-ups and adds to sense of feeling you're in the game.
sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts
all i know is microsoft is basically dead in november but ps3 will have a tough competition with nintendo Pot_Smoky_Ninja
Don't talk utter crap.Just look at the line-up of 360s games incoming ,including Gears of War,Halo 3,GTA4,Moto GP 6 to name a few.Also X-Box Live is way ahead in online gaming,obviously you haven't been on LIVE cos if you had you wouldn't be making such a daft statement.
Blinkfan77182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Blinkfan77182
whos getting gta 4 next year?  360 AND PS3.  dont get too giddy.  both are and will be awesome.  why all the haterade?
AL2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 AL2002
Just to let ya know..........that sony scraficed something in there new controller design!!!!! Since they put motion sensors in to make the game FEEL real to gamerz!!!! SONY THREW AWAY THE MOTOR VIBRATION FUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS GONE!!!! SO WHEN YOU PLAY A GAME LIKE FIGHT NIGHT N GET HIT THE CONTROLLER WONT GIVE YOU FEEDBACK!! THIS SUXS SONY!!! they should of put both intergrations together buttttt...............................both interfer with each other cuz vibration messes around with sensor tech!!! You know what i would of done.......spend lots of money to put together a new type of technology which would make both functions work together n make this controller revolutionary. then sony can calm that there controller is something real and  as they called it in sort terms "innovation!"
you know what im talkin about peoplez holla back!!!!!
NasHHHbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 NasHHHbk
Member since 2004 • 1548 Posts
[QUOTE="AL2002"] Just to let ya know..........that sony scraficed something in there new controller design!!!!! Since they put motion sensors in to make the game FEEL real to gamerz!!!! SONY THREW AWAY THE MOTOR VIBRATION FUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS GONE!!!! SO WHEN YOU PLAY A GAME LIKE FIGHT NIGHT N GET HIT THE CONTROLLER WONT GIVE YOU FEEDBACK!! THIS SUXS SONY!!! they should of put both intergrations together buttttt...............................both interfer with each other cuz vibration messes around with sensor tech!!! You know what i would of done.......spend lots of money to put together a new type of technology which would make both functions work together n make this controller revolutionary. then sony can calm that there controller is something real and as they called it in sort terms "innovation!"
you know what im talkin about peoplez holla back!!!!!

unless youve been living in a rock for a year or so, sony cant put the vibration(or whatever you wanna call it) back because they lost their lawsuit from immersion. the whole "incompatibility" with the motion sensors was just an excuse that anyone can tell from a mile away :roll:
masterjedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 masterjedster
Guess I'll be keeping the old PS2 next to the PS3 until the end of time. By the sounds of it there's no old controller backwards compatibility (no ports for it without some sort of adapter), which means no dual-shock at all, which makes playing any PS/PS2 games on a PS3 a little less fun with absolutely no rumble feature. Also gives me the feel that some future PS3 games just won't feel right now we're all used to having the dual-shock, and now it's gone.
aznintel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 aznintel
If your guys don't like the new controller, just wait until Logitech released their version. In my opinion theirs is the best.
Halomaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 Halomaki
So… the funny part about this is that Sony wasn’t first out to copy. For you Nintendo fan-boys… what should I do now? Should I whine as you: “Bubuhubu… they stole the design, AJJM- REELEEEE MAAAAAAAAD. AAAARRRGH”? Just please stop the f***ing whine… thanx.
fragbait32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 fragbait32
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

middle guide button --> same as 360 = STOLEN

triggers --> same as 360 = STOLEN

motion sensoring --> same as Wii = STOLEN

A dashboard like design as a homepage --> same as 360 = STOLEN

They had so many negative opinions about the boomerang so that they had to create a new controller quickly, cuz E3 was drawing near. So they just stuck to the original design, but they still had to think of some things that made it 'unique', so they stole all the things I mentioned above because they were f*ckin lazy enough to make up their own stuff..

Im sorry to say this, but Sony.. you f*ckin dissapoint me (except for the games ofcourse, those look f*ckin awesome :D)

fortysix_too

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#299 fortysix_too
Member since 2006 • 370 Posts
I don't know if they tried to copy the Wii or not, but it's not really the same at all, so it doesn't matter.  Both systems look good to me, and I can only affor the Wii.  I don't think the sony controller will affect the console wars that much.
unxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 unxp
Member since 2004 • 37 Posts

middle guide button --> same as 360 = STOLEN

triggers --> same as 360 = STOLEN

motion sensoring --> same as Wii = STOLEN

fragbait32