***** ALL CONTROLLER DISCUSSION in here please******

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stuartgillies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 stuartgillies
Member since 2005 • 189 Posts
Ok im not sure if this has already been said and for the record i am not a fanboy! i have an xbox, ps1 (dont have ps2 cause i thought it sucked) dreamcast (amazing) PSP and DS and a half descent PC. But everyone is going on about how the PS3 controller ripped of the Wii with the motion sensor tilt thing, but em i had a controller 5+ years ago for my PC that done that??!!?! its burried in my attick somewhere, i believe it is a wingman controller.

And im not saying Wii ripped it off cause they are doing something slightly different with depth and position and all that but please quit the **** i dont think i will be buying a PS3 (well i will just so i can sell it on Ebay) cause i think the whole thing is rushed, and im not not willing to spend 400-500 on something that i feel isnt finnished(i feel the same about the 360).
I might consider buying a Wii cause they look quite innovative and should be fairly cheap but i am even sceptical about that as i think it may be abit too ambitious, and none of the games bar zelda realy appeal to me (and i could just get a GC for that!)
fiendleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 fiendleon
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts
well seems everyone is saying the same things, I dont think its important who ripped off who, I dont see it as a rip off. Everyone always improves on someone elses ideas, the ps3 controller its just a combination of what is needed for a typical next gen game, but what the **** no vibration??????? how could they just get away with that, they say it so lightly. This controller, is not really such an inovation, its an improvement from the dual shock2, appart from the no vibration. You have to rememeber consoles bring out later models of controller, you know micrososft will integrate some kind of movement sensitivity on their controller. AS said before in other posts, this is not new, third party developpers have released this kind of tech for pc and ps1 I rememeber there was one for the ps1. Anyway I guess I was just expecting Kutaragi on taking out of his blazer something more interesting than that controller
Halexandre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#303 Halexandre
Member since 2003 • 518 Posts

Well, well, wel... what have we here?

Sony really got no shame to include a motion sesivity feature on its controller! Now these guys are talking about serious competition with Nintendo's Wii! IMO, this feature was added in order to allow some multi-platform games to be released, maybe even as a developers' request.

About the design, Sony is very lucky to have such a good controller: it hands quite well. The original design for the PS3 controller really got me scared, since it was pointy enough to actually kill someone trowing like a boomerang! Now it's ok, it looks a little old-fashioned, but it's still functional and good-to-go.

In short, Sony made another right move towards absolute success! But the fight will be fun to watch: in the end, we are the ones who win! :D

bad_apple20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 bad_apple20
Member since 2006 • 250 Posts

middle guide button --> same as 360 = STOLEN

triggers --> same as 360 = STOLEN

motion sensoring --> same as Wii = STOLEN

A dashboard like design as a homepage --> same as 360 = STOLEN

They had so many negative opinions about the boomerang so that they had to create a new controller quickly, cuz E3 was drawing near. So they just stuck to the original design, but they still had to think of some things that made it 'unique', so they stole all the things I mentioned above because they were f*ckin lazy enough to make up their own stuff..

Im sorry to say this, but Sony.. you f*ckin dissapoint me (except for the games ofcourse, those look f*ckin awesome :D)

fragbait32

Ok we'll have it your way....Ahem..

360's triggers = stolen from dream cast

360's 4 shoulder button layout = stolen from ps

360's ab, xy layout = stolen from ps

360's 2 anolog sticks = stolen from ps

Infact what do you get if you swap the 360's d-pad for it's left anolog stick? The dual shock!!! my point? COPYING HAPPENS GET OVER IT!

syern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 syern
Member since 2005 • 243 Posts
[QUOTE="fragbait32"]

middle guide button --> same as 360 = STOLEN

triggers --> same as 360 = STOLEN

motion sensoring --> same as Wii = STOLEN

A dashboard like design as a homepage --> same as 360 = STOLEN

They had so many negative opinions about the boomerang so that they had to create a new controller quickly, cuz E3 was drawing near. So they just stuck to the original design, but they still had to think of some things that made it 'unique', so they stole all the things I mentioned above because they were f*ckin lazy enough to make up their own stuff..

Im sorry to say this, but Sony.. you f*ckin dissapoint me (except for the games ofcourse, those look f*ckin awesome :D)

bad_apple20

Ok we'll have it your way....Ahem..

360's triggers = stolen from dream cast

360's 4 shoulder button layout = stolen from ps

360's ab, xy layout = stolen from ps

360's 2 anolog sticks = stolen from ps

Infact what do you get if you swap the 360's d-pad for it's left anolog stick? The dual shock!!! my point? COPYING HAPPENS GET OVER IT!

You said all of it for me there.. GET OVER IT! Life is not fair.

I dont think Nintendo will always be the one with the motion sensoring you know. Its like saying Microsoft's Xbox360 lets us play games, OMG they copied Sony's Playtation. It's nothing PERSONAL, It's BUSINESS.

karlpuusepp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#307 karlpuusepp
Member since 2005 • 597 Posts

I'd prefer vibration over a gyroscope, but the rest of the controller looks great.

Oh yeah, what about the 360's LB and RB buttons? Weren't they stolen from the PS?

And the Gamecube as triggers aswell, so how can you say that PS3's dual scock didn't steal its triggers from the GC? (They actually move the same way when pushed down. Not like the Xbox controller.)

BlackVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 BlackVV
Member since 2006 • 42 Posts
Is it just me or is a lack of rumble a step backwards rather than forwards?
krelwy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#309 krelwy
Member since 2005 • 133 Posts
[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]What the dual shock again????!?!?!? Why couldn't we get a new controller. The dual shock has been cramping my hand for 10 years now. If we beg sony do you think they'll give use 2 controller designs to choose from?

i sort of agree. my hands aren't cramping, but still having the same controller for 10 years, it gets kind of old, im sure we would have gotten used to the "batarang" or w/e it was called
ErikB0869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#310 ErikB0869
Member since 2004 • 97 Posts

I personally like the DUALSHOCK, and I always have. I think it is the most comfortable controller I have ever used, and I have spent hours upon hours playing with no ill effects. The addition of the triggers is a good idea, as the L2 and R2 buttons were kind of useless before, except to be used solely as “buttons.” So, the layout is fine, the shape and weight are fine, and the advents of wireless functionality and motion-sensing capabilities are nice add-ons. What I absolutely hate, though, is the removal of rumble from the controller, and especially because Sony is saying that it was removed for the sake of the motion-sensing capability!

The Wii controller is meant to be used and held like a sword, a wand, a football, or a gun, which suits the motion-sensing gameplay features that Nintendo and its developers/publishers plan to implement. I find it a little hard to grasp how the Sony controller can be used in the same way. Apart from flying games (e.g. Ace Combat, Warhawk), how many games are really going to be able to make use of this motion-sensing feature within the confines of a DUALSHOCK layout?

Returning to the “rumble” issue once more, I can’t help but think that the removal of rumble is due more to Sony losing the recent patent lawsuit, than it is to interference with the motion-sensors. Nintendo’s Wii controller still has rumble, gyros, and a built-in speaker, does it not? I fail to see why Sony could not and did not include rumble in this design, and I am very disappointed with their decision. Having had some time to sit down with the Xbox 360 and PGR3 again last night, I can say that vibration is quite integral to the immersion-factor in games, and its omission from the new Sony design is a mistake. I don’t look at rumble as being “last-gen,” as much as I look at it as being a standard feature, much like air conditioning. Who wouldn’t want air conditioning in their car? Just about nobody. I therefore ask you, who wouldn’t want rumble in their controller?

ErikB0869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 ErikB0869
Member since 2004 • 97 Posts

I can only hope that Sony pays attention to the massive number of posts about the controller. Listen to your customers, guys... listen to your customers.

PNG_pyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 PNG_pyro
Member since 2006 • 141 Posts
They're just gonna loose more $$$ on a feature that noone will use; I mean, really, withouth the scope represented by the Wiimote (which practically forces dev's to use it,) it's just gonna be forgot. After all, you could add tilt sensitivity to GB games, but I only know of one game that used it; Kirby tilt and tumble.
Slaide69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#313 Slaide69
Member since 2003 • 192 Posts

I agree with u 100%...  To many fanboys not enough gamers.. i posted here too what i said bad about each I also pointed the positive.  As far as this Controllerversy goes I think a lot of people have forgot about the handheld fishing and golf games.  Sony lost the rumble and needed to fill the gap how many people would be ticked if all they got was a PS1 controller.

Anyways good post man and I too wish they would bury this subject.

Slaide69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Slaide69
Member since 2003 • 192 Posts

Hey man Good Post..

Kind of an Anime Junkie right now.  I have 152 Naruto episodes (up to 99 right now) and ur signature stumps me.  Is that something to look forward to or just an artists drawing.

sirvanalmasi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 sirvanalmasi
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
its not only dual shock it got more features and you havn't even held one in your damn hand so be NICE!
sirvanalmasi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 sirvanalmasi
Look all all of you, the controller you have seen is better than the old one and by the way, its wirelless more comfortable and other features so i think there is nothing wrong with it, and if you are trying to just make a comment don't.
Avatar image for khaos_unleashed
khaos_unleashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 khaos_unleashed
Member since 2005 • 172 Posts
The new controller is pure CRAP !!!

FPS on the PS3 will suck to death again and again and again!!!
Look at the Game Demo... soemthing Resistance... the guy has so much trouble to shoot with the thumbstick...

You want to play to some great FPS? Better go with a the other platforms... PC, 360 and Wii
Avatar image for Pot_Smoky_Ninja
Pot_Smoky_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#318 Pot_Smoky_Ninja
Member since 2005 • 27 Posts

[QUOTE="Pot_Smoky_Ninja"]all i know is microsoft is basically dead in november but ps3 will have a tough competition with nintendo sizzlingdviper
Don't talk utter crap.Just look at the line-up of 360s games incoming ,including Gears of War,Halo 3,GTA4,Moto GP 6 to name a few.Also X-Box Live is way ahead in online gaming,obviously you haven't been on LIVE cos if you had you wouldn't be making such a daft statement.

But have you noticed theres a bit of a wait for the best games? Those games will come long after the release of Wii and PS3 so xbox360 wont be much of a competition in the holiday season.

Avatar image for Pot_Smoky_Ninja
Pot_Smoky_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 Pot_Smoky_Ninja
Member since 2005 • 27 Posts

I think all they should of done to the first PS3 controller prototype is to just make the handles shorter than they are which would keep that sort of new desing and will stop the complaining that it looks like a boomerang.

Its true, it's sort of pointless to get if it doenst have a rumble feature which gives you more feeling to the game.

DragonKoreX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 DragonKoreX
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Dante200X"]ok before this gets outta hand with the motion sensor.....
first-what do you guys (or girls) think the middle button on the PS3 does? I hope other ppl noticed besides me. In the demos. i didn't see anybody touch it and i was wondering what it's for

some ppl say it's like the 360's button in the middle
zero9167

yea its most likly like 360s middle button

... so thats 2 things sony copied lol

The Wiimote has a home button too, man. They all have home buttons.
EvilGenesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 EvilGenesis
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
Why is everyone mad at Sony? Both Nintendo ánd Microsoft stole there idea's from Sony.
The Xbox 360 controller basically is the dual shock and the gamecube's controller was also very similar to dual shock.
Nintendo's Wii controller is still way different, i mean TWO STICKS!!!
I bet the Wii's games will play entirely different too!
The only reason Sony decided to use motion sensors is because it seemed poppular with the crowd's.
Nintendo fan boys should be glad....
A console, not even finished, is already a inspiration.
NUFF SAID

EvilGenesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 EvilGenesis
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
[QUOTE="khaos_unleashed"]The new controller is pure CRAP !!!

Look at the Game Demo... soemthing Resistance... the guy has so much trouble to shoot with the thumbstick...

You want to play to some great FPS? Better go with a the other platforms... PC, 360 and Wii

Go home fanboy, this is a PS3 forum!
I bet you never even played a playstation!
Name one good fps for xbox, and don't go say halo,
cuz it's hyped!
Strange how the xbox's most popular franchise, it sure played better on the pc.
geodisicdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#323 geodisicdome
Member since 2005 • 13663 Posts

Looks sweet to me. I really like Dual Shock 2 and the boomarang controller looked terrible. I'm glad they've gone with this design.
overcode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 overcode
Member since 2003 • 177 Posts
Aw, not me. I was hoping for a NEW controller from Sony, c'mon guys, that controller is over a decade old! All the money they put into the Cell's development, all the money spent on the horsepower of this FANTASTIC machine and they still give us the same old controller, wtf! I really wanted that boomerang controller, something NEW. Oh well, I suppose the good news about it is that we're all already gonna be used to it. I would've preferred to have rumble instead of the motion sensors. I'm sure there will be alot of clever uses for it outside of flying games, but I'm gonna miss the rumble.

C'mon Devil May Cry 4! Aw yeah.

NasHHHbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 NasHHHbk
Member since 2004 • 1548 Posts
Im just wondering(and my apologies if someone already asked this) but will 3rd party accessory makers like pelican, madcatz, etc.. be authorized to create PS3 controllers "with" vibration, or are they affected by the lawsuit that sony lost?
saltydawg700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 saltydawg700
Member since 2004 • 205 Posts

It's okay. Although I don't want gyroscopes or motion detectors in my controller, I'm sure this will be optional for any game that chooses to use it. Zeke129

Word!!

That was one of the developers of Warhawk and it looked like he was flying out of control.  I would rather use the thumbsticks and actually have precise control of the game.  The last thing that I want is to loose the ability to contol games smoothly.  I prefer mouse and keyboard to controller anyway.  It seems as if this is a step in the wrong direction.  Lets flail around trying to control a game.  You better be able to not use it.  If I want to flail around i'll play one of those dancing games. And guess what! I've never played one of those dancing games cause I dond want to FLAIL AROUND LIKE A RETARD!! 

saltydawg700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 saltydawg700

IT BARELY MIMICKS THE NINTENDO CONTROLLER, BUT WHAT IS REALLY FREKIN' RETARTED IS SONY USED THE SAME EXACT DESIGN FOR ALL 3 OF THERE CONSOLES

DOES ANYBODY NOTICE THIS?????? WTFFFFFFF
twolves1105

If it aint broke dont fix it,  Xbox used the dual shock as a template for their origional controller.  Two sicks, 4 main buttons-a d pad- a couple of shoulder buttons, then those stupid black and white buttons that were all wrong, then they went with 4 shoulder buttons, just like.....let me think.....oh yea, SONY!

sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

No Hatred here,cos I've always liked Sony consoles but prefer me 360 at moment,having also previously owned original X-Box.But there's a space for all next gen consoles and they will all have some better points over the other,.But to say the 360 will be dead in November is just plain daft!

I'm hoping to get me hands on a PS3 sometime in future,but read with some dissapointment,that vibration/force feedback isn't included.I don't know why Sony don't just make an updated wireless dual shock controller,after all-you know the saying-"If it's not broken,then don't try to fix it"!

saltydawg700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 saltydawg700

Bad apple you rock!! You totally owned that guy!!! Yeaaaaa Beeiottch!

What he said

M1KES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 M1KES
Member since 2003 • 750 Posts
If the ps3 controller was ripping off nintendo, than the wii would be ripping off the ps2 for reading dvd's, seeying as the ps2 was the first console to read them. The motion sensor technology in the wii is not nintendo's technology! It was already used in many other things!
q8hr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#332 q8hr
Member since 2004 • 5354 Posts
If it aint broken dont fix it, the ps3 controller is fine. The ps3 daul shock one had no problems and was loved and used by many..why would sony change somethign so many like?
fishbulb7o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 fishbulb7o9
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I like it better than the spider look but its a rip off of the wiimote.
dylr291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 dylr291
Member since 2005 • 78 Posts
No vibration :cry:
Iramek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#335 Iramek
Member since 2004 • 231 Posts
I hope I can still plug my Dual Shock2 in. In some games it's almost needed (how do know where I'm getting shoot from, how the car is handling, if i'm on pace for my combo in fighting games, ect). This was a kick in the teeth move.Sidenote. The 4button controller w/ shoulder button came from the SNES controller (If some of you can remember that far back).
janti_hakouz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 janti_hakouz
Member since 2004 • 3190 Posts

Hay All PS3 Lovers!

Just wanted to say it's a good choice and wanted to ask if there's anyone who likes the boomerang controller because i think that it's perfect for the PS3 since it's next-gen console. I think that sony should make the boomerang and the PS2 like Controllers for people who love any of the two.

Avatar image for deactivated-57fce817a4cf5
deactivated-57fce817a4cf5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#337 deactivated-57fce817a4cf5
Member since 2005 • 4117 Posts

I love the way people are saying Nintendo were not the first company to use this type of motion sensor, but aren't giving us any examples of these companies or devices. Clearly Sony fanboys.

For both Nintendo and Sony fanboys. Sony ripped off the GBA tilt accessory not the Wii controller. Both of you do your research.

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts

The new controller is pure CRAP !!!

khaos_unleashed

That dude is a noob ignore him

Avatar image for deactivated-57fce817a4cf5
deactivated-57fce817a4cf5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#339 deactivated-57fce817a4cf5
Member since 2005 • 4117 Posts

By the way Sony. How the fudge am I supposed to know how low my health is, without the vibration, on Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3 now without going into the menu every time I get attacked.

Think before you decide to remove imortant features!

temoc7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 temoc7
Member since 2005 • 41 Posts

I was expecting the banana redesigned, but when I saw the presentation, What? I laugh like crazy,  My question, what the hell are doing the artist who design the controller, eating chips, jocking around for months, and then.--walah we give you the dual-shock, take us 12 months of hard work.

I want the banana! please, forgive me god, I was an ignorant. 

Nintrendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 Nintrendo

new desighn is sick, At least when u get mad and through it, it wont come bak :lol:

naturefox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 naturefox

sony is giving us everything and making it all better xbox 360 online mounthly charges ps3 online FREE Nintendo controller stuck with moving your arms all day ps3 controller can choose to move your arms all day or just relaxe and play the old way. nintendo graphics good but not next gen 360s graphics great ps3 graphics really great. when it comes down to it ps3 steped up to the plat and struck a home run deal with it

i will own all three systems they are all great but when it comes down to it sony i think really put out the better system of the three

i am bumed out they got rid of the vibration though that does suck oh well we will just have to live with it half the time i dont even notice the vibration we will live

temoc7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 temoc7
Yap, Yap, PS3 lovers, where you preferred to play a FPS, with vibration or not, and we are talking about the controller.
naturefox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 naturefox

yea sorry about getting off the controller just lost it a bit. yea playing fps without vibration is going to suck i will miss it and i would gladly trade in the motion function for the vibration but it will not be that bad i mean we all use to play with out vibration and many do it on the pc every day so with that said i could play a fps without vibration and if i really need the vibration there will always be my 360 and halo 3 :D

guya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 guya
To me it seemed liked people were saying it looked uncomfortable. Personnaly i didnt see anything wrong with it.
naturefox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 naturefox
i didnt c anything rong with it as well but the new design is the old one with what lookes like triggers that will be great i love the trigers on 360 and the old duel shocks where great controllers so i will have np with it just going to miss vibration that is all
ck666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 ck666
Member since 2004 • 89 Posts

And FPS on XBOX? They mostly copied the design of their controller off Dual Shock - you mean xbox 360 controller doesn't have thumbsticks? sure.. Besides Halo, xbox games suck anyway. Both of them. And the "wiiii" controller looks(and probably feels) like a remote for your TV, the worst controller ever. See the Red Steel video - the guy playing it couldn't hit anything, he just waved the gun around like an idiot (the graphics were butt-ugly too). Embarassing, really. It might be innovative, but it seems to be far from precise. I would definitely choose analog sticks over the Wii's remote. Speaking of which - Sony has increased the sensitivity and enlargened the tilting angle of the thumbsticks. I've played many of the PS and PS2 FPS-games - from Medal of Honor to Black (with Timesplitters, CoD and Killzone etc. in between) and DualShock works brilliantly. Sure, it probably can't compete with expensive gamer laser mouse in terms of precision, but it blows away every other game controller out there.

Oh and the Xbox 360's controller vs PS3's beauty? Just LOOK at those two - 360's pad looks like a bulky, ugly (especially the back side) DualShock rip-off, plus it weighs a ton (yes, I've hold it in my hand - it is unhandy). And look at the button mapping - copied from Sony's pad.

Anyways, the Sony didn't change the design of the PS3 controller because it was originally so great - it fits perfectly in your hand, every button is in it's right place, the sticks have great sensitivity and the overall design is beautiful and sleek. Every PlayStation gamer knows what I'm talking about. And the shoulder buttons are now fully digital - that's eight pressure sensitive buttons. It's hard to say how the new motion sensitive addition will work, but what I saw in Warhawk was pretty damn impressive and intuitive. Hmm, the vibration function was also considered pretty worthless and gimmicky at start - look where we are now.
I think that the lack of force feedback is the only drawback this new controller has. And they may be able to "fix" it in the future. It's not a big loss, but still...I'd like to feel that shot hit me in the next Killzone...

Oh and don't whine about how that bananarang would have been so cool - if you want best performance (and the controller which doesn't slip across the room) with light-weight and pretty design, then this new controller is a way to go. It's a really stupid thing to talk down a great controller just because you're a bit bored of it's overall design. Remember - you have to actually play with this thing.

And if you want to play some great FPS? Well here you go - with Unreal Tournament 2007, new Killzone, Call of Duty 3, Killing Day, Dark Sector, F.E.A.R, Resistance: Fall of Man, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway, Frontlines: Fuel of War and BioShock  -  you're  all welcome  to PlayStation 3. Best graphics, best controller and the best & biggest games lineup, plus by far the strongest developers support.
And the most loyal fans.

The new controller is a pure CLASS

temoc7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 temoc7

Looks like somebody makes love whit his Playstation, how is possible to say that one system is better than the other if only one is out there, please that is garbage talk, my dad is better than yours, common, all the gamers win with console war, and if you preferred the same ´´perfect´´ controller for the rest of your life, I declare you husband and wife.

I personally preferred a new girlfriend diffrent from the last  ´´perfect one´´ 

Gamester108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 Gamester108
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts

ck666

And FPS on XBOX? They mostly copied the design of their controller off Dual Shock - you mean xbox 360 controller doesn't have thumbsticks? sure.. Besides Halo, xbox games suck anyway. Both of them. And the "wiiii" controller looks(and probably feels) like a remote for your TV, the worst controller ever. See the Red Steel video - the guy playing it couldn't hit anything, he just waved the gun around like an idiot (the graphics were butt-ugly too). Embarassing, really. It might be innovative, but it seems to be far from precise. I would definitely choose analog sticks over the Wii's remote. Speaking of which - Sony has increased the sensitivity and enlargened the tilting angle of the thumbsticks. I've played many of the PS and PS2 FPS-games - from Medal of Honor to Black (with Timesplitters, CoD and Killzone etc. in between) and DualShock works brilliantly. Sure, it probably can't compete with expensive gamer laser mouse in terms of precision, but it blows away every other game controller out there.

Oh and the Xbox 360's controller vs PS3's beauty? Just LOOK at those two - 360's pad looks like a bulky, ugly (especially the back side) DualShock rip-off, plus it weighs a ton (yes, I've hold it in my hand - it is unhandy). And look at the button mapping - copied from Sony's pad.

Anyways, the Sony didn't change the design of the PS3 controller because it was originally so great - it fits perfectly in your hand, every button is in it's right place, the sticks have great sensitivity and the overall design is beautiful and sleek. Every PlayStation gamer knows what I'm talking about. And the shoulder buttons are now fully digital - that's eight pressure sensitive buttons. It's hard to say how the new motion sensitive addition will work, but what I saw in Warhawk was pretty damn impressive and intuitive. Hmm, the vibration function was also considered pretty worthless and gimmicky at start - look where we are now.
I think that the lack of force feedback is the only drawback this new controller has. And they may be able to "fix" it in the future. It's not a big loss, but still...I'd like to feel that shot hit me in the next Killzone...

Oh and don't whine about how that bananarang would have been so cool - if you want best performance (and the controller which doesn't slip across the room) with light-weight and pretty design, then this new controller is a way to go. It's a really stupid thing to talk down a great controller just because you're a bit bored of it's overall design. Remember - you have to actually play with this thing.

And if you want to play some great FPS? Well here you go - with Unreal Tournament 2007, new Killzone, Call of Duty 3, Killing Day, Dark Sector, F.E.A.R, Resistance: Fall of Man, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway, Frontlines: Fuel of War and BioShock  -  you're  all welcome  to PlayStation 3. Best graphics, best controller and the best & biggest games lineup, plus by far the strongest developers support.
And the most loyal fans.

The new controller is a pure CLASS

WORD!!!

XBOX 360 is sh** compared to the PS3

The new PS3 controller kicks a**. The 360 controller is EXACTLY THE SAME as the PS2 controller except the left analog stick and the directional pad switched positions. The only difference is the home button in the middle and thats on all of the new next-gen consoles and a lot of other stuff.  And just for your info, PS3 isn't copying the Wiimote because a lot of other stuff use motion detector. Some of these things are all those Tiger games that you connect to your TV or the new Real World Golf game for PS2, Xbox, and PC.

superlinkjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 superlinkjak

How can all of you say that the Wii controller isn't precise? 99% of the people that played the demo's at E3 said it worked perfectly. There are still to many people out there who don't Bewiive... Anyway... let's all hop on the bus that goes down memory lane, and get off at whenever the Famicom came out. It had a spiffy new thing called the "D-pad", and 4 Buttons! Hight tech! What happened next? D-pads became a standard on all controllers from then on. Now, let's fast forward to the late 80's, early 90's.  On the controller, with the d-pad and (even more!)  buttons there were neat little things to put your index and pointer fingers on, called "shoulder buttons"! Amazing! Those guys at nintendo never cease to amaze me! From then on, shoulder buttons, commonly named "L and R", were also a standard. Now let's fast forward a tad more to the n64 days. Now: an amazing new idea had been erected with the *gasp* analog stick! Woah... how do they think of this stuff? Sadly, this is where things broke down. A tech company called Sony had jumped into the gaming market. They had a controller... it was okay. So, they decided to "peek around" at what other companys were doing. They had heard that Nintendo was using this neat little thing called an Analog stick, a joystick used with one thumb instead of whole hand. What did Sony do? Of course, they ransacked the idea and multiplied it by two, just like they did with the L and R buttons. Then there were millions of little 10 year old smart-asses thinking Sony was the most awesomest thing ever. Then, through more copying and shameless advertising, Sony dominated the market. Most of the games sucked.... they were just pretty.  Now im going to quote X Play, and say: "The gameplay in the game is crap. The graphics on the other hand, are shiny. What do you get when you smack 'em together? Shiny crap." That pretty much describes most of the Playstation (and later PS2 and Xbox's) library of games. And then there was the gamecube. GC had some great games.... but Sony still prevailed through the same lame tactics. After a few years of success by Sony, there were rumors going around about a "revolutionary console from nintendo". We wait until E3 of last year, and we see it. The Nintendo Revolution. Awesome new controller.... it's all supposed to revolutionize the industry... to get it away from the new "shiny crap" policy... and we all thought it wouldn't work. So one year later, after loads of speculation and a new name (Wii), we finally get to get our hands on the Wii. Sony realizes that "We have to keep pretending that we're better then them!" So, right before E3, after finding the Wii controller, in fact DOES kick ass, Sony copies it, just like before. It will never be as good, nor will it change Sony's main image: cheap, rip-off artists.

Main message: Think, kiddies.