Show us your stuff

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Under Construction

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17811 Posts

Bedroom PC setup (specs in signature) and living room setup. The PC is also connected to the living room with a long HDMI cable and USB hub.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

So, this is going to be the permanent home for this kind of stuff.....

My den aka the guest room plus where the kids play PS3 games.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Obutto R3volution Cockpit with triple monitor stand. Biggest change? CABLE MANAGEMENT! I bought a package of about 80 velcro ties and I used almost all of them.

Specs:

1x Asus Rog Swift 27" 144hz Gsync Monitor (Center)

2x Dell u2711b 27" IPS Monitors (sides)

Gigabyte Sniper M3 Quad SLI Board with a 3770k running at 4.0ghz with a Corsair H60 cooler

Dual EVGA GTX 980s

With flash for a better view of the detail:

Overhead view of the controls:

With flash for better detail:

Flight controls are a Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS with the Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Logitech K350 Wave Keyboard with a G13 mini-keyboard for extra flight controls. Logitech G700s mouse. Afterglow 360 controller in the lower right on the floor.

Dedicated powered USB hub for the flight controls specifically (HOTAS, Pedals and G13). This is so we can just disconnect all three easily because some games get confused by having more than one controller connected regardless of which is set as primary. The pedals especially mess with games since their axis don't "center" like a normal controller.

Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system directly mounted to the cockpit.

Accent lighting added behind the monitors for additional illumination using a strip of home theater LED accent lights with adjustable color and brightness, controlled via IR remote:

Top of the monitors from left to right: TrackIR5 Pro, Oculus Rift DK2 position tracker, center channel for the Logitech surround system, Microsoft LifeCam 1080p webcam with mic.

Oculus Rift DK2 with Leap Motion developer mount (Leap Motion not pictured):

HOTAS Throttle in L-mount on the left side of the cockpit:

Center stick mount (not being used at the moment) and connection cable between throttle and stick tied down under the horizontal bar:

Flightstick on right side L-mount:

Both the throttle and stick are mounted to their plates using industrial Velcro. The plates don't come pre-drilled, but this is a method by which I can mount them without making it permanent although the grip is incredibly tight. It takes me like a minute to peel them off.

Side note: This is the same throttle and stick placement used in the various ships in Elite Dangerous. The Saitek stick also matches the button layout of the virtual stick you see in the cockpit, so when I look down at my hands when playing in the Oculus I see the same stick and the "pilot's" hands where my real hands are. It's a very cool effect.

Dual EVGA GTX 980s and an H60 cooler for the CPU.

8-port USB 3.0 Hub:

Breathable sports visor with TrackIR Pro Clip:

Surround speakers mounted to cockpit seat. TrackIR on the left as directed by JJ Abrams:

The Logitech G13. Currently has detailed profiles configured for Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen. Customizable color scheme for different profiles. Blue for Star Citizen and Orange for Elite Dangerous:

3D Printing Station:

LED Accent Lighting Remote, Logitech Controller Remote, Ozeri quiet pedestal fan (on the right in the above picture) remote:

Edit: Added photos of the other desk in the room. It's running a Dell USB3.0 DisplayLink hub with three Dell u2412m LED IPS 24" monitors. These used to be my Eyefinity rig before I traded up to 27" monitors. The hub technically supports 4k through DisplayLink but more importantly I can plug any laptop into a single USB3.0 connection and drive all three displays. The laptop that I use at this station is what drives the 3D Printer. Also connected, Altec Lansing AC48 speakers connected to the hub and spare power adapters for my laptops.

Not pictured: Leap Motion Plus Infrared Hand Controller. Used with VR titles to bring your hands into the interface like a Kinect.

Also not pictured: A Steering Wheel mount for the cockpit with a Logitech G27 Force Feedback Wheel with clutch and sequential shifter.

-Byshop

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@Chatch09: Thanks! The printer is a Solidoodle Press, which runs about $600 retail. I bought it "early" so I got it for $400. If you wait until later this year, there are models coming out that'll run under $200.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tiko3d/tiko-the-unibody-3d-printer

-Byshop

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@Byshop: Livin' the large life, babeh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-579f651eab962

@pcdc650: ooohh, mine are coming on tuesday

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#12 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Quit it with the dual Titan X's, you guys are gonna rip a hole in space-time!

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I'll post a better picture at some point......I am too lazy to take out my phone now.

specs: well i'll let you guess those....

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

So I guess I'll add some pictures of my current rig as well. Bit of a wiring mess atm above the DVD drive. But I guess that is to expect when you install a fan controller with 4 outputs... And actively use 3 of them and just have the 4th cable just hanging.

What you don't see on these pictures is the beige noctua fan I recently installed again in the top. The blue heatsinks on the mobo got awfully hot as my I run my fans on quite low speeds... Thus airflow in the case is pretty bad. Now the noctua fan helped a lot in keeping the top heatsink cold, but I don't feel that much difference on the large one. Some but minimal. Only a few degrees, not 30+C as I did on the smaller one.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

I thought I can show off my GTX 970 but I feel like a total sucker now

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16  Edited By insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

@horgen: It looks quiet neat, I really like your loop. What's the temp on your mobo? Mine never goes above 27C. Also, what mobo is that? I swear my friend has that same Z77 mobo. Your systems are kind of similar since he also has an i5 w/ GTX 770. So horse power wise about even.

I sorta wish, I had an R9 295X2 instead. This mobo just looks so smexy with a single card. It shows off it's true beauty in the second picture.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BassMan

@the_master_race said:

It's all about showing what you have. Any rig with a 970 is good in my books. Even if you have a weaker rig, there is no shame in representing. That is the beauty of PC gaming. There are so many possibilities. Especially if you are into modding your case and other stuff. :)

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@BassMan said:
@the_master_race said:

It's all about showing what you have. Any rig with a 970 is good in my books. Even if you have a weaker rig, there is no shame in representing. That is the beauty of PC gaming. There are so many possibilities. Especially if you are into modding your case and other stuff. :)

Thanks pal, upfront my rig is not that bad except for the case but I need to dust off it and clean my room first before taking any picture and considering that I’m lazy-ass person it won't happen anytime soon.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 horgen  Moderator

@insane_metalist: I'm not sure which one of these mobo temperatures is the one you are asking for... So screenshot of HWmonitor is what you get now :P The mobo is an Asus P8Z77 V-Pro. I know most of the P8Z77 V mobos from Asus looks almost the same.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Its pretty bad setup right now. I haven't had it running since about last Oct when I got my macbook pro. I do hope to start gaming on it again soon so I tossed it together in my basement with a old POS desk. I am thinking of doing a major upgrade later this year or next.

I have a 2500k intel

Asus maxiumus or something like that Mobo

8gb of ram

120gb samsung ssd

1 tb seagate hdd

PNY GTX 770 OC

The newest thing in my computer is the 770 and thats a year old everything else it 2 or more years old.

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 insane_metalist

@horgen:The picture doesn't show up.

@AutoPilotOn said:

Its pretty bad setup right now. I haven't had it running since about last Oct when I got my macbook pro. I do hope to start gaming on it again soon so I tossed it together in my basement with a old POS desk. I am thinking of doing a major upgrade later this year or next.

I have a 2500k intel

Asus maxiumus or something like that Mobo

8gb of ram

120gb samsung ssd

1 tb seagate hdd

PNY GTX 770 OC

The newest thing in my computer is the 770 and thats a year old everything else it 2 or more years old.

I don't see anything bad about your setup.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I just meant location mostly lol. It's in a cold dark area of my basement. I don't have anything down there but storage right now and my weight bench. Need to clean it up.

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 insane_metalist

@AutoPilotOn said:

I just meant location mostly lol. It's in a cold dark area of my basement. I don't have anything down there but storage right now and my weight bench. Need to clean it up.

I'm sure most PC gamers would absolutely take that type of PC in a dark empty room instead of a console lol.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 horgen  Moderator

@insane_metalist: What? Damn. I'll try again.

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 insane_metalist

@horgen: Proper low temps just like mine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962

Backplates arrived :D

Fitted

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BassMan

@klunt_bumskrint: *drools*

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 horgen  Moderator

@insane_metalist said:

Except when the reader is wrong and reports temps way above 100. :P

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 insane_metalist

@horgen said:
@insane_metalist said:

I usually check my BIOS first and then HWMonitor. Usually both show the same temperature that way I know it's not bullshitting me.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By horgen  Moderator

@insane_metalist said:
@horgen said:
@insane_metalist said:

I usually check my BIOS first and then HWMonitor. Usually both show the same temperature that way I know it's not bullshitting me.

Getting into bios would require a restart so I wouldn't find the reading there. It's like when AfterBurner sometimes thinks I've used 4TB+ of VRAM. I've had a temperature reading on the mobo north of 250C I think. Fan speed up in 60K+ RPM.

If my fans went up to 60K+ in RPM, I think I would have noticed.

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By insane_metalist

@horgen said:
@insane_metalist said:
@horgen said:
@insane_metalist said:

Getting into bios would require a restart so I wouldn't find the reading there. It's like when AfterBurner sometimes thinks I've used 4TB+ of VRAM. I've had a temperature reading on the mobo north of 250C I think. Fan speed up in 60K+ RPM.

If my fans went up to 60K+ in RPM, I think I would have noticed.

That's pretty odd. Haha 60K? Fans don't even go up that high.

I got myself a new toy: RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate. It's pretty awesome. I love how the keys feel. Instantly it's more enjoyable to type and gaming is just on a different level :p

Shitty camera quality :/

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 horgen  Moderator

@insane_metalist said:

I got myself a new toy: RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate. It's pretty awesome. I love how the keys feel. Instantly it's more enjoyable to type and gaming is just on a different level :p

I know. I think they would break the speed of sound by going that fast. These are 120mm fans if anyone is interested in doing the math.

That keyboard looks nice. Mechanical? I have one (unsure if it is mechanical, but it glows red instead. :P

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By insane_metalist

@horgen said:
@insane_metalist said:

I know. I think they would break the speed of sound by going that fast. These are 120mm fans if anyone is interested in doing the math.

That keyboard looks nice. Mechanical? I have one (unsure if it is mechanical, but it glows red instead. :P

Yes sir! It is mechanical! I'm guessing.. it's one of Razer's top end keyboards because even here in US.. it was quiet pricey. That's the most I've ever paid for a keyboard.. spanking $130.
After I went mechanical (a little over a year ago), I never looked back.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 horgen  Moderator

@insane_metalist: Wow. I have yet to pay for a keyboard. My current one is a microsoft one... Got it from a friend... Or borrowed it. I am not sure, it has been years since I got it now. Originally so I could keep my laptop closed when I had it connected to another monitor.

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 insane_metalist

@horgen said:

@insane_metalist: Wow. I have yet to pay for a keyboard. My current one is a microsoft one... Got it from a friend... Or borrowed it. I am not sure, it has been years since I got it now. Originally so I could keep my laptop closed when I had it connected to another monitor.

Yeah there are some pricey keyboards out there (mostly mechanical ones). I still have my Thermaltake eSPORTS Poseidon Z which just got replaced by my new Blackwidow Ultimate. It still works perfectly fine and it is also mechanical. It's a good keyboard for the price that it is. But I was just wondering around Microcenter and I saw this Blackwidow Ultimate and I'm not entirely sure why but I just had to have it. Although I've always wanted a RAZER keyboard, always heard nothing but good things about em and now I can see why.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 horgen  Moderator

@insane_metalist: What is the benefit with mechanical ones?

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By insane_metalist

@horgen said:

@insane_metalist: What is the benefit with mechanical ones?

Every key switch is different (example: Cherry MX Blue, Cherry MX Brown, Cherry MX Red, etc). They all feel different and they are clicky. Gaming mechanical keyboards are nice because: they're VERY responsive (once it clicks, it registers the key) for my specific switch: I barely press the button down and it already registers the key. Instead of pressing the key all the way down (matters a lot when playing FPS, I noticed). So it registers much faster, it's very precise and it has anti-ghosting. Plus, lots of people like me, love the clickiness! Each switch sounds different. Some are much louder then others. On top of that each mechanical keyboard has its own little features. This RAZER keyboard even has a USB pass through and audio/mic jacks. Most high end mechanical keyboards have that. Oh and it's much more enjoyable to even type (at least for me). I'm sure, you get the point :p

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#38  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@klunt_bumskrint: What rear fan do you have?

Also you are a brave man. I was the most ESD safe person on the planet when I got my Titan Black's. I had them on their wrappers, on a grounded mat while wear a wrist band at all times. Your pics make me nervous.

What's your temp difference with the backplates?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 horgen  Moderator

Guess I ought to post pictures of the new SSD I bought.

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 insane_metalist

@horgen: 850 EVO?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 horgen  Moderator

@insane_metalist said:

Yup. 500GB capacity. Now hopefully I'll get everything set-up this weekend.

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 insane_metalist

@horgen said:
@insane_metalist said:

That's a nice little upgrade, your speeds are probably gonna be twice as fast.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 horgen  Moderator

@insane_metalist said:
@horgen said:
@insane_metalist said:

That's a nice little upgrade, your speeds are probably gonna be twice as fast.

Write speed is 4 times my old SSD. Read speed is 70-100mb/s faster.

but I have trouble installing it correctly. Because I'm studying for exams, I'm not bothering much with it until the weekend.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-579f651eab962

@GoldenElementXL said:

@klunt_bumskrint: What rear fan do you have?

Also you are a brave man. I was the most ESD safe person on the planet when I got my Titan Black's. I had them on their wrappers, on a grounded mat while wear a wrist band at all times. Your pics make me nervous.

What's your temp difference with the backplates?

You can't go around worrying about ESD, what's your name....Linus?

Anyway, the rear fan I forget the name but it came with the case. Temps seem about 3 degrees cooler....maybe I've not had a good chance to playaround, shame I can't monitor the vrm temps :(

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 horgen  Moderator

So I got my Samsung SSD installed and working as OS drive now. Needed a cloning tool. Freed up some 15GB or so on my Intel SSD. I have to check what else it cloned over and what is being run from the Intel and what is being run from the Samsung one. So a bit of work left, but at least the biggest issue is now solved :D

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 insane_metalist

@horgen said:

So I got my Samsung SSD installed and working as OS drive now. Needed a cloning tool. Freed up some 15GB or so on my Intel SSD. I have to check what else it cloned over and what is being run from the Intel and what is being run from the Samsung one. So a bit of work left, but at least the biggest issue is now solved :D

I cleaned my SSD quit a bit, ran a benchmark earlier but forgot to save it, I'll post it later on. But the speeds definitely improved more then I thought... they would.

Horgen: How's that 850 EVO treating, load times/reading/writing is much faster, I'm assuming,

Sadly all my friends own Kingston, Corsair & Crucial MX100 or BX100, I forgot. But the speeds on all those SSD is quiet outstanding. BUT I love my Crucial M500, had it a year and two months and it's been smooth, does everything I want it to and more. Too bad normal retailers don't sell it no more.

I'd be down to grab a 500GB Crucial BX100 or Samsung 850 EVO. Surprisingly 850 EVO is only $10 more expensive.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 horgen  Moderator

@insane_metalist said:
@horgen said:

I cleaned my SSD quit a bit, ran a benchmark earlier but forgot to save it, I'll post it later on. But the speeds definitely improved more then I thought... they would.

Horgen: How's that 850 EVO treating, load times/reading/writing is much faster, I'm assuming,

Sadly all my friends own Kingston, Corsair & Crucial MX100 or BX100, I forgot. But the speeds on all those SSD is quiet outstanding. BUT I love my Crucial M500, had it a year and two months and it's been smooth, does everything I want it to and more. Too bad normal retailers don't sell it no more.

I'd be down to grab a 500GB Crucial BX100 or Samsung 850 EVO. Surprisingly 850 EVO is only $10 more expensive.

Loading Windows is faster, but most of the improvements now come once I have logged in actually. Most other programs that I have to run on start up still loads from the old SSD. However it now has over 50GB free so I don't have to worry about it filling up so quickly. Read speed on it is the same as before, write speed is up a little.

I'm going to move one or two programs that runs at start-up over to the new drive, hopefully that will make things go even faster.

I ended up with the 850EVO because it was dropped 25$ in price from when I first looked at it until I bought it. Made it the cheapest one.

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 insane_metalist

@horgen said:
@insane_metalist said:
@horgen said:

Loading Windows is faster, but most of the improvements now come once I have logged in actually. Most other programs that I have to run on start up still loads from the old SSD. However it now has over 50GB free so I don't have to worry about it filling up so quickly. Read speed on it is the same as before, write speed is up a little.

I'm going to move one or two programs that runs at start-up over to the new drive, hopefully that will make things go even faster.

I ended up with the 850EVO because it was dropped 25$ in price from when I first looked at it until I bought it. Made it the cheapest one.

Enjoy! I am still waiting for that one day when Horgen says, "I got a NEW GPU!!"

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 horgen  Moderator

@insane_metalist: That won't be anytime soon. The shop I am working in is closing next week. So I am out of a job next week :(

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 insane_metalist

@horgen said:

@insane_metalist: That won't be anytime soon. The shop I am working in is closing next week. So I am out of a job next week :(

Ahh I feel you on that, last two companies I worked at did that to me.