Show us your stuff

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts

Looking at the cooler on your cpu, that tells me its pre-built. I've never heard of that brand and you might want to find out if that cpu cooler is good or not. Just for the safety of your computer.
Solid build though. No complaints other than that.

Rob27shred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 Rob27shred
Member since 2012 • 73 Posts

@kitty: Thanks, yeah I had it built for me, I did a ton of research on the parts & the AIO for the CPU actually has pretty good reviews. It doesn't seem to perform or fail any more or less than the brand name ones (Corsair, CM, etc.) Even though this is my 1st full gaming PC I am very knowledgeable about PCs & electronics. I was planning on building one myself but ran into some extra money & bit on the convenience factor. TBH the thing I was most concerned about was the quality with which my PC would be built & Cyberpowerpc did a pretty good job.

MichaelG414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By MichaelG414
Member since 2015 • 9 Posts

So I decided to bump up my build a little more by adding a second Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 card, MSI Rigid SLI Bridge, and had to increase my PSU from 850W - decided to go with a Thermaltake Toughpower Grand Gold 1200W unit. For some reason I also had to swap the wireless card from edimax because it didn't work in any of the remaining PCI slots with an SLI configuration. Went with a slightly more expensive one from Asus and it works fine now. Using the preset OC Genie mode on the mobo software, I got a really decent benchmark on firestrike (free version) I think. In the non-OC gaming mode it's about 17,350 score on the same test. Very happy with this build. Looks amazing all lit up.

Here it is now...

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#204  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127523 Posts

@michaelg414: Looks good! The top card doesn't get to hot now?

Looks like the next thing you should be upgrading is jumping to the X99 platform or whatever comes next there. :P

MichaelG414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By MichaelG414
Member since 2015 • 9 Posts

@horgen: thanks, so far during testing the top GPU has reached 70-75C so not too bad.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 horgen  Moderator

@KHAndAnime: You have the 980Ti Gi Gaming from Gigabyte and waiting for the waterblock right? Well here are some good news for you :D

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@horgen said:

@KHAndAnime: You have the 980Ti Gi Gaming from Gigabyte and waiting for the waterblock right? Well here are some good news for you :D

Thanks, I thought they would drop soon. Unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to find any in stock for awhile. Might have to wait a month or two before I can conveniently snag one. I still haven't switched out my pump yet because I haven't really had the time, and I'll need to make sure that's all in working order with my fans before I can finish off my loop. Instead I grabbed a new pair of speakers. These, specifically. I plan to write a review and compare them to other speakers I've used owned or used in the price range (AudioEngine A5's, Bose Companion 3, Logitech Z-2300's). I haven't used the BR-1 kit but I've seen users recommend me in this forum before - this is essentially that kit except it comes assembled and with upgraded circuitry (tuning and cross-over upgrade) so it sounds deeper and offers more full sound across the spectrum. And it's only $15 more than the disassembled kit. From what I've read, they might be some of the best speakers you can get for under $500.

I also have other speakers in the works right now, Salk decided to give me a few free upgrades on the custom veneer and finish he's crafting for me so it's going to take at least another month (they've been in production for a month already).

And honestly, my most recent G1 replacement has been great. Overclocked to 1500 on the core without adjusting the fans and voltage. Runs surprisingly cool and quiet.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By horgen  Moderator

@KHAndAnime said:
@horgen said:

Thanks, I thought they would drop soon. Unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to find any in stock for awhile. Might have to wait a month or two before I can conveniently snag one. I still haven't switched out my pump yet because I haven't really had the time, and I'll need to make sure that's all in working order with my fans before I can finish off my loop. Instead I grabbed a new pair of speakers. These, specifically. I plan to write a review and compare them to other speakers I've used owned or used in the price range (AudioEngine A5's, Bose Companion 3, Logitech Z-2300's). I haven't used the BR-1 kit but I've seen users recommend me in this forum before - this is essentially that kit except it comes assembled and with upgraded circuitry (tuning and cross-over upgrade) so it sounds deeper and offers more full sound across the spectrum. And it's only $15 more than the disassembled kit. From what I've read, they might be some of the best speakers you can get for under $500.

I also have other speakers in the works right now, Salk decided to give me a few free upgrades on the custom veneer and finish he's crafting for me so it's going to take at least another month (they've been in production for a month already).

And honestly, my most recent G1 replacement has been great. Overclocked to 1500 on the core without adjusting the fans and voltage. Runs surprisingly cool and quiet.

Mine reach 1504 on the core with 1.180 in voltage. What voltage do you have at 1500?

Do you got Samsung or Hynix memory on it?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By KHAndAnime

@horgen said:
@KHAndAnime said:
@horgen said:

Mine reach 1504 on the core with 1.180 in voltage. What voltage do you have at 1500?

Whatever +00 mV is, not sure what the stock voltage is.

How do you check to see what memory is on it?

I honestly don't have much experience overclocking these GPU's :p

The ASIC on mine is 73.1%.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 horgen  Moderator

@KHAndAnime said:
@horgen said:
@KHAndAnime said:
@horgen said:

Whatever +00 mV is, not sure what the stock voltage is.

How do you check to see what memory is on it?

I honestly don't have much experience overclocking these GPU's :p

The ASIC on mine is 73.1%.

I don't think there is a set stock voltage. More like a range. Going from 1.175 to 1.212 I think. Hence why I asked. You can use GPU-Z to see what kinda memory you got, revision of your card and voltage. It is perhaps easier to read out the voltage using MSI Afterburner though.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 KHAndAnime

@horgen said:

I don't think there is a set stock voltage. More like a range. Going from 1.175 to 1.212 I think. Hence why I asked. You can use GPU-Z to see what kinda memory you got, revision of your card and voltage. It is perhaps easier to read out the voltage using MSI Afterburner though.

Thanks. Looks like my voltage is 1.1990 under load, with 1511 MHz on core at the moment. The memory is Hynix.

One thing I've noticed is that overclocking the memory yields a much bigger difference than the core. I noticed OCing the core only nets me about a 1-2% increase per +30 MHz, so I'm only getting a 3-6 FPS increase on the Heaven benchmark from OCing the core. But I'm getting around a 7-9 FPS increase on Heaven from OCing the memory (+500 MHz). From what I understand, most people can easily do +1000 MHz on memory if I'm not mistaken.

So I'm surprised that people care so much about the overclocking the core on this card, because unlike my usual experience overclocking videocards, it looks like overclocking the memory is where the big gains are.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 horgen  Moderator

@KHAndAnime: my vram is barely stable at 7.3 ghz effective... That is a 300mhz boost. Its nothing.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#214 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17851 Posts

I also can't OC my VRAM much either on my 980Ti without running into stability issues.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 horgen  Moderator

@BassMan said:

I also can't OC my VRAM much either on my 980Ti without running into stability issues.

We got the same model.. Does your have hynix memory?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 horgen  Moderator

Sorry for double posting. But I can't edit except for the first 5 minutes... and I weren't quick enough to post the edit again in that time frame.

@KHAndAnime: I missed parts of your post last time I read. You get hynix memory to go above 7.5GHz effective? Lucky you. Mine doesn't OC well at all. Your core voltage is a bit higher than mine. I can get mine stable enough for 3DMark Firestrike tests when I'm at 1504 on the core, 1.180 on the voltage. Getting a waterblock on it might help me have it stable higher. Though I haven't tested the limit that much. I know it is unstable at 1529 with 1,180V on the core.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 BassMan

@horgen: Yes, Hynix.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By horgen  Moderator

@BassMan: "yay" I am not alone.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 kitty  Moderator

@BassMan said:

Damn, well I'm lucky. if I couldn't OC my vram, I'd have dud in my eyes lol.
Basically out of the box my card reaches 1354mhz on the core. That is standard for most of these cards and the card is actually advertised at 1316 or 1317 I think. It never hits 1316 or 1317 ever btw. But you already know that.
My max stable OC on the core is 1449. So not even +100. My vram on the other hand I've gotten a max of +555 on it. But I can't always get that lol. Most times I have to lower the core clock to achieve it.

I've spent a good chunk of time trying to see what my card can and can't do. Probably the first time I've spent so much. I don't think I spent this much time even with my 7870's.
Although many should be surprised at the 7870's. This 970 only beats them by 700 points in the graphics. Yet a guy over on ign was saying that score destroyed them lol.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Will post when i receive the gpu next week

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Cranked mine up to 8002MHz and tried BF4 not a glitch in sight. Quite surprised really. Need more testing.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 horgen  Moderator

I've ordered a waterblock and another radiator, but it is taking so damn long time.

I know the shop hasn't received the waterblock yet, hence why it takes so long... But argh the waiting is unbearable :x

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#223 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

@michaelg414: Why...? Any decent 850W PSU would power two 980's without a single problem. Those 980's don't draw much power at all... With that 1200W you can run a quad 980's SLI lol.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 kitty  Moderator

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Cranked mine up to 8002MHz and tried BF4 not a glitch in sight. Quite surprised really. Need more testing.

can you pass mine?
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4342882
2,028 or 8,112

I can get it higher, but I gotta lower the core in order do so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 deactivated-579f651eab962

@kitty: 2029?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 horgen  Moderator

Damn it you two.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 deactivated-579f651eab962

I'm shocked at how well the mem clocks on my cards, that last run was solid, no artifacts. I've only really been messing with clockspeed so far.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 kitty  Moderator
@klunt_bumskrint said:

@kitty: 2029?

Nice. The mem clock can up the firestrike score. Going from 1753 to 2028 added around 700 points in the graphics for me. So you get a little boost from that.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 kitty  Moderator

Hmm would it be worth it to go from my current cpu cooler (Hyper 212 Evo) to something like a H100i? I don't have problems with temps, but I was just curious.
Plus I plan to start on a mini-itx build soon. Will be budget for now, but I have upgrades in mind. I know the cooler on the 212 Evo might not fit some of the smaller cases, if any? But won't hurt to see I guess.
But was just wondering if it would be better.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 horgen  Moderator

So a new EK 360mm SE rad just arrived... A long with a waterblock for the GPU :D

Now do I hook it all to my current case, or wait another month until I got a new case?

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By insane_metalist

@horgen said:

So a new EK 360mm SE rad just arrived... A long with a waterblock for the GPU :D

Now do I hook it all to my current case, or wait another month until I got a new case?

Wait........ it's too much pain in the ass. It's not like your card is hitting 95C :p

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 horgen  Moderator

@insane_metalist said:
@horgen said:

Wait........ it's too much pain in the ass. It's not like your card is hitting 95C :p

Dunno how long it is before I can get it. I do get a paycheck in a few days, but not sure if enough. I've had a lot of extra expenses this month.

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 insane_metalist

@horgen said:
@insane_metalist said:
@horgen said:

Dunno how long it is before I can get it. I do get a paycheck in a few days, but not sure if enough. I've had a lot of extra expenses this month.

I'd still wait if I were you. Your GPU never gets that hot in a first place so you have nothing to worry about.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 horgen  Moderator

@insane_metalist: But I have the means to keep it cooler... Though taking my whole rig apart and putting it together again isn''t a 5 minute job... And involves several hours of testing for leakages.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962

Something new...

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 insane_metalist

@horgen said:

@insane_metalist: But I have the means to keep it cooler... Though taking my whole rig apart and putting it together again isn''t a 5 minute job... And involves several hours of testing for leakages.

That's my ENTIRE point! It's gonna take waaaaaaaaaaay too long and making it cooler for an extra month won't make a difference.

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Something new...

EVGA Hybrid Closed Loop coolers installed on both Titan X's and a new EVGA SLI bridge? Are those the changes? What were your temps before and what are they now? I was curious to see their performance when they first released em.

Looks good mang!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 deactivated-579f651eab962

@insane_metalist: Just the SLI bridge. The coolers I've had for a while, and yes they are awesome

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 insane_metalist

@klunt_bumskrint said:

@insane_metalist: Just the SLI bridge. The coolers I've had for a while, and yes they are awesome

Oh I like the bridge, I still have two of previous gen ones. What's the temp difference with those coolers on?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 deactivated-579f651eab962

50 degrees max really, doesn't seem to matter about clock speed. Used to be well in the 70's

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By BassMan

There have been some great racing games recently with Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and now Forza 6. I figured it was time to go all out and finally buy a proper racing rig. I got the Logitech G920 wheel and the DXRACER Racing Simulator. I have been using the setup for the past 2 weeks and I am very happy with it. :) I set it up right in front of my 60" and it is very immersive. I will eventually use it with a VR headset in the future.

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 insane_metalist

@BassMan: That clutch and 6 speed makes me really jelly, how's Forza 6 with that wheel? It's the only console series that I truly miss...

@klunt_bumskrint said:

50 degrees max really, doesn't seem to matter about clock speed. Used to be well in the 70's

That's actually pretty impressive from a tiny 120mm rad.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By BassMan

@insane_metalist: Yeah, I always wanted a clutch and proper shifter. I also have a Logitech Driving Force Pro which I have been using for years on PC and PlayStation. It doesn't have a clutch pedal and only has a cheap sequential shifter. I used the official MS Xbox 360 wheel for Forza on last gen. Unfortunately, neither of these wheels work with the current gen consoles. So, I was kind of forced to upgrade, but I wanted to anyway.

I finally got the full racing rig because I was sick of mounting my wheels to an ironing board and sitting on the couch when playing console racers. It was not comfortable and wobbly (even with stacked books on each side to weigh it down). The pedals would slide around on the floor too. It was certainly not ideal. On PC, it felt good mounting to my desk, but the pedals would also slide around. With my new setup, it is very comfortable and everything stays firmly in place.

The G920 works good with Forza 6. However, it has a very stiff brake pedal. I have to adjust the deadzone in Forza 6 so I don't have to press as hard going into the corners. The shitty thing is... there is a bug in Forza 6 that does not always apply the custom wheel settings from race to race. So, one race will be fine and then the next, the brake is back to default and I am getting all fucked up in turns. So, I have to exit out of the race and go to the settings screen (which still shows the proper settings) and then back into the race and it applies it again. This is very frustrating as I have to endure the load times during this process.

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By insane_metalist

@BassMan said:

@insane_metalist: Yeah, I always wanted a clutch and proper shifter. I also have a Logitech Driving Force Pro which I have been using for years on PC and PlayStation. It doesn't have a clutch pedal and only has a cheap sequential shifter. I used the official MS Xbox 360 wheel for Forza on last gen. Unfortunately, neither of these wheels work with the current gen consoles. So, I was kind of forced to upgrade, but I wanted to anyway.

I finally got the full racing rig because I was sick of mounting my wheels to an ironing board and sitting on the couch when playing console racers. It was not comfortable and wobbly (even with stacked books on each side to weigh it down). The pedals would slide around on the floor too. It was certainly not ideal. On PC, it felt good mounting to my desk, but the pedals would also slide around. With my new setup, it is very comfortable and everything stays firmly in place.

The G920 works good with Forza 6. However, it has a very stiff brake pedal. I have to adjust the deadzone in Forza 6 so I don't have to press as hard going into the corners. The shitty thing is... there is a bug in Forza 6 that does not always apply the custom wheel settings from race to race. So, one race will be fine and then the next, the brake is back to default and I am getting all fucked up in turns. So, I have to exit out of the race and go to the settings screen (which still shows the proper settings) and then back into the race and it applies it again. This is very frustrating as I have to endure the load times during this process.

I see, I also had a cheap wheel before so I definitely know what you mean about it being wobbly & pedals sliding around. Honestly, it was a bitch to even use it... after a little amount of time I just went back to controller.

As far as G920 sounds like you're really enjoying it but that Froza bug sounds extremely annoying, they need to patch it up immidietaly since this wheel isn't exactly on a cheap side. Does the wheel work good with other games like Project Cars, Assetto Corsa? It's really nice that G920 works on both PC & Xbone.

Did you have to buy the shifter separately? Your setup looks really clean overall, keep it up.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By BassMan

@insane_metalist said:

I see, I also had a cheap wheel before so I definitely know what you mean about it being wobbly & pedals sliding around. Honestly, it was a bitch to even use it... after a little amount of time I just went back to controller.

As far as G920 sounds like you're really enjoying it but that Froza bug sounds extremely annoying, they need to patch it up immidietaly since this wheel isn't exactly on a cheap side. Does the wheel work good with other games like Project Cars, Assetto Corsa? It's really nice that G920 works on both PC & Xbone.

Did you have to buy the shifter separately? Your setup looks really clean overall, keep it up.

Shifter is separate. I got both the wheel and shifter for just under $400 CAD which was cheap and well below the MSRP ($560 CAD w/ shifter). The wheel hasn't technically launched yet (mid October launch), so there are definitely some things to iron out in terms of drivers and compatibility on the PC side. It works well with Project Cars, but there are some FFB issues right now with Assetto Corsa. I am confident Logitech and the other involved parties will figure it out.

hiredtoxiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 hiredtoxiin
Member since 2015 • 10 Posts

This is my current setup. It is still a work in progress, but I'm very happy of where it is now. And please excuse the tons of wires behind my case, I'm trying to organize them now :)

My Specs:

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z87

CPU: Intel I7-4771

RAM: 16gb DDR3

GPU: 2x Gtx 980's

Main Drive: 1TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 deactivated-579f651eab962

@hiredtoxiin: Not bad at all, nice choice of monitor and welcome to Gamespot.

hiredtoxiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 hiredtoxiin
Member since 2015 • 10 Posts

@klunt_bumskrint: Thanks! Just got the monitor, and I fell in love immediately.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 deactivated-579f651eab962

@klunt_bumskrint: I've had it since launch and love it. People don't know what they're missing.

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 insane_metalist

@BassMan said:
@insane_metalist said:

Shifter is separate. I got both the wheel and shifter for just under $400 CAD which was cheap and well below the MSRP ($560 CAD w/ shifter). The wheel hasn't technically launched yet (mid October launch), so there are definitely some things to iron out in terms of drivers and compatibility on the PC side. It works well with Project Cars, but there are some FFB issues right now with Assetto Corsa. I am confident Logitech and the other involved parties will figure it out.

That is actually a really good price (CAD). It's already out in US, comes out to $460 with a shifter.

Hopefully they fix it soon. People that spend that much on their hardware should be able to play games smoothly. I mean.. it's more expensive then consoles themselves.

@klunt_bumskrint said:

@klunt_bumskrint: I've had it since launch and love it. People don't know what they're missing.

It's not that.. not everyone can shell out $800 for a monitor alone.