Would a Navy Seal be able to defeat GSP in an unarmed fight?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#251 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38686 Posts
gsp = gamespot power? i don't think that would work on a navy seal.
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

[QUOTE="BMD004"][QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

SEALS are most definitely trained in how to take down and incapacitate a threat. SEALS are also trained in how to do this with stealth and without weapons. Are SEALS some kind of comic book hero, or movie badass like people have mentioned on here...no. of course not. SEALS are not trained to take on 10 guys at once, they are trained to take out a threat, to do it quietly, and to do it quickly, most of the time without the threat even knowing they were there. (Although it is still preferred to just avoid the conflict all together).

This is not the same as facing down a skilled MMA fighter. In a ring an MMA fighter would probably win.

In the real world without gloves, it will probably be the person who gets the first real shot in that counts. Of course that also means that in the real world the fight is never going to make it to where two guys are lying on the floor with the guy on top trying to get the occasional knee shot or punch in like in an MMA fight either.

coasterguy65

lol.... are you suggesting Navy SEALS are like Sam Fisher? They kill people with their bare hands using stealth? First of all, that isn't true. Secondly, in the real world, getting the first real shot in isn't the end of a fight. ESPECIALLY against an MMA fighter. They are trained and are used to getting hit. You can see that even in MMA, just because they get dropped doesn't mean the fight is over. Look at the recent Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard fight as an example. Frankie got dropped about 4 times in the first few minutes, but still turned it into a 25 minute fight and kept his championship belt at the end of the night. And finally, fights in the real world end up on the ground almost every time. This is where a Navy SEAL would be in HUGE trouble. Not only is an MMA fighter much superior on the feet, but a SEAL could still get a lucky punch in. But on the ground, this is where luck doesn't happen. The ground game is highly technical... and if you aren't anywhere near as trained and skilled as the other guy, your chances of winning are close to 0%. Lucky submissions don't happen.

I never said SEALs are like Sam Fisher, you will almost never see a SEAL by himself fighting enemies. I specifically said they are not trained to take on 10 guys at once like in the movies, but they are most definitely trained to take out enemies with or without weapons, in close quarters combat, hand to hand, and with stealth if needed. Which of course you are saying they are not, and I can promise you that is 100% incorrect. If you think otherwise you obviously know nothing about the SEALs advanced combat training such as SQT, and SRDA.

I'm was also just replying to some people on here that seem to think that SEALs are trained the same way an Army grunt is trained or even a Marine, or even the other special forces and that is not true. I can promise you that SEALs are in fact trained way differently, and much more extensively. They are trained to be dropped into a mission with just basic equipment in small teams, with very little to no support from other units. To finish said mission as quickly and quietly as possible, and get out without being noticed. Most of the time when the SEALs are somewhere you will never even know they were there. When they are used properly that is.

Back to the MMA side of things. You can try to point out all the MMA fighters skill on the ground, and you are welcomed to believe it, but the vast majority of MMA fights end up with two guys looking like they are cuddling (or worse) on the ground far more than fighting. With an occasional punch thrown, or an occasional knee. Very little action occurs once they hit the ground. This is why you will probably never see a SEAL go into a ring with an MMA fighter. They just aren't trained to try to put someone in a submission hold. They are trained to get that person out of the way as quickly as possible, by incapacitating the target, or ending his life, and to continue on with the mission. Two totally different fighting styles.

And I'm telling you that it just isn't true that Navy SEALS are "trained to get that person out of the way as quickly as possible, by incapacitating the target, or ending his life". That is fiction. That isn't how human's fight. It's fantasy like you'd see in a movie. Prove it to me that they are trained to do this. Show me what their SQT and SRDA training consists of.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#253 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

I think hand-to-hand combat makes for only a relatively small part of a navy SEALs' curriculum, whereas it is the actual entirety of the MMA fighters curriculum

Based on this, I'm going with the MMA figher 10 to 1 for win.

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

GSP obviously.

hand to hand combat is just one aspect of a navy SEALs training.

hand to hand combat is pretty much the only aspect of GSPs training.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts

[QUOTE="BMD004"][QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

SEALS are most definitely trained in how to take down and incapacitate a threat. SEALS are also trained in how to do this with stealth and without weapons. Are SEALS some kind of comic book hero, or movie badass like people have mentioned on here...no. of course not. SEALS are not trained to take on 10 guys at once, they are trained to take out a threat, to do it quietly, and to do it quickly, most of the time without the threat even knowing they were there. (Although it is still preferred to just avoid the conflict all together).

This is not the same as facing down a skilled MMA fighter. In a ring an MMA fighter would probably win.

In the real world without gloves, it will probably be the person who gets the first real shot in that counts. Of course that also means that in the real world the fight is never going to make it to where two guys are lying on the floor with the guy on top trying to get the occasional knee shot or punch in like in an MMA fight either.

coasterguy65

lol.... are you suggesting Navy SEALS are like Sam Fisher? They kill people with their bare hands using stealth? First of all, that isn't true. Secondly, in the real world, getting the first real shot in isn't the end of a fight. ESPECIALLY against an MMA fighter. They are trained and are used to getting hit. You can see that even in MMA, just because they get dropped doesn't mean the fight is over. Look at the recent Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard fight as an example. Frankie got dropped about 4 times in the first few minutes, but still turned it into a 25 minute fight and kept his championship belt at the end of the night. And finally, fights in the real world end up on the ground almost every time. This is where a Navy SEAL would be in HUGE trouble. Not only is an MMA fighter much superior on the feet, but a SEAL could still get a lucky punch in. But on the ground, this is where luck doesn't happen. The ground game is highly technical... and if you aren't anywhere near as trained and skilled as the other guy, your chances of winning are close to 0%. Lucky submissions don't happen.

I never said SEALs are like Sam Fisher, you will almost never see a SEAL by himself fighting enemies. I specifically said they are not trained to take on 10 guys at once like in the movies, but they are most definitely trained to take out enemies with or without weapons, in close quarters combat, hand to hand, and with stealth if needed. Which of course you are saying they are not, and I can promise you that is 100% incorrect. If you think otherwise you obviously know nothing about the SEALs advanced combat training such as SQT, and SRDA.

I'm was also just replying to some people on here that seem to think that SEALs are trained the same way an Army grunt is trained or even a Marine, or even the other special forces and that is not true. I can promise you that SEALs are in fact trained way differently, and much more extensively. They are trained to be dropped into a mission with just basic equipment in small teams, with very little to no support from other units. To finish said mission as quickly and quietly as possible, and get out without being noticed. Most of the time when the SEALs are somewhere you will never even know they were there. When they are used properly that is.

Back to the MMA side of things. You can try to point out all the MMA fighters skill on the ground, and you are welcomed to believe it, but the vast majority of MMA fights end up with two guys looking like they are cuddling (or worse) on the ground far more than fighting. With an occasional punch thrown, or an occasional knee. Very little action occurs once they hit the ground. This is why you will probably never see a SEAL go into a ring with an MMA fighter. They just aren't trained to try to put someone in a submission hold. They are trained to get that person out of the way as quickly as possible, by incapacitating the target, or ending his life, and to continue on with the mission. Two totally different fighting styles.

Sure when you watch a boring fight with wrestlers. Try watching a Pride fight. I just can't seem for the life of me to understand why anyone would think that an MMA fighter of GSP's caliber would lose to some random SEAL. WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT A RUN OF THE MILL, LAY AND PRAY WRESTLER HERE. A fighter of Fedor's, GSP, Big Nog, Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva's caliber, have been fighting unarmed combat for God knows how long. Refs are bleeding there for the fighters safety otherwise fighters get hurt. Like how Frank Mir, broke Tim Sylvia's arm. You guys are making SEAL's out to be cyborgs who all know the Dim Mak.

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#256 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

I think hand-to-hand combat makes for only a relatively small part of a navy SEALs' curriculum, whereas it is the actual entirety of the MMA fighters curriculum

Based on this, I'm going with the MMA figher 10 to 1 for win.

BiancaDK

That's basically correct. MMA fighters spend their whole lives fighting and training to fight to be that good.

Why are people applying ring rules to a street fight? The MMA guy isn't going to submit the Seal, he is going to break one of his limbs, making him useless, or choke him to death, or both. Because neither side is wearing gloves the MMA fighter is at an even bigger advantage... there just isn't any plausable way that the Seal is going to fight a half decent cage fighter on the cage fighters terms and win without being very, very fortunate.

Even still, there are people saying the MMA fighter isn't trained to kill, but you will find that is how a lot of martial arts actually work, the rules come later. Moreso, do you guys think that the MMA fighter is just going to stop when he has pounded the Seals face in and go "I am not trained to kill him, so there for I must stop now". He would just beat or choke him to death.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Are they fighting underwater?

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#258 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

And I'm telling you that it just isn't true that Navy SEALS are "trained to get that person out of the way as quickly as possible, by incapacitating the target, or ending his life". That is fiction. That isn't how human's fight. It's fantasy like you'd see in a movie. Prove it to me that they are trained to do this. Show me what their SQT and SRDA training consists of. BMD004

Ok so with you vast experience in real world human fighting skills and techniques, and your extensive knowledge of how SEALS are trained. When did you go through SEAL training? I might know some of the people that went through with you.

Some of the martial arts that are taught during SQT, and SRDA are Jujitsu, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Akido, and Krav Maga among others. Not to mention extensive hand to hand, disarming, take downs and close quarters fighting techniques.

Unlike what you may want to believe this training is not a one and done thing, MA training goes on for years, even when you go out to your team. Like I said before unlike most SPEC-OPS, and other military units SEALs are trained to be dropped into a situation with very little equipment, with very little support, and to complete their mission even without their weapons if need be. Without this extra training many missions would have turned bad really quick when weapons were lost or damaged.

If you want to continue to believe that SEALs have no real training that's of course your choice, but it's wrong. I'm not trying to say MMA fighters are whimps by any means, but stop trying to act like they would just walk all over a SEAL because of their training either. It would come down to size, weight, reach, and who gets the first few shots in. This is what I said at the begining, and now I'm repeating myself, so I'm officially done wasting my time on this topic.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

And I'm telling you that it just isn't true that Navy SEALS are "trained to get that person out of the way as quickly as possible, by incapacitating the target, or ending his life". That is fiction. That isn't how human's fight. It's fantasy like you'd see in a movie. Prove it to me that they are trained to do this. Show me what their SQT and SRDA training consists of. coasterguy65

Ok so with you vast experience in real world human fighting skills and techniques, and your extensive knowledge of how SEALS are trained. When did you go through SEAL training? I might know some of the people that went through with you.

Some of the martial arts that are taught during SQT, and SRDA are Jujitsu, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Akido, and Krav Maga among others. Not to mention extensive hand to hand, disarming, take downs and close quarters fighting techniques.

Unlike what you may want to believe this training is not a one and done thing, MA training goes on for years, even when you go out to your team. Like I said before unlike most SPEC-OPS, and other military units SEALs are trained to be dropped into a situation with very little equipment, with very little support, and to complete their mission even without their weapons if need be. Without this extra training many missions would have turned bad really quick when weapons were lost or damaged.

If you want to continue to believe that SEALs have no real training that's of course your choice, but it's wrong. I'm also now officially done wasting my time on this topic.

I never said they didn't have any real training. What I did ask is for you to prove it to me. I can say that Navy SEALS like to wear women's clothes, but it doesn't mean it's true unless I have a source to verify that information. So like I said, prove it to me... because I 100% bet that you are wrong. If you can prove it to me, I'll eat crow. Secondly, I don't doubt that SEALS learn BJJ, Muay Thai, etc, but the amount of time they spend on those things is very small compared to the rest of their training. They work on more important things that they will actually use in battle... not something like hand to hand combat which they most likely would never have to use. Mixed Martial Artists spend ALL of their time perfecting their skills. You can go to Youtube and look up SEALS and other special forces having BJJ matches against others who are in other branches of the military. They are nothing special compared to the other guys in BJJ matches. And you know that 99.9% of those guys are nowhere near the skill level of a BJJ black belt like they have a gazillion of in MMA. So like I said, prove to me that they have extensive training in martial arts. Don't just say it. Prove it, and I'll gladly admit that you are right.
yanssoune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 yanssoune
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
lol at " navy guys are trained to kill " blabla i don't remember seeing any navy guys back in the old ufc and do you guys remember that " krav maga " expert , Moti Horenstein , who got his ass kicked in the ufc back when they had no rules ? people should understand that stuff like the marine martial art program and krav maga only teaches the basic of grapppling and striking , it will only work against an average joe , or some skinny iraqi or palestinian jihadi , not A PRO FIGHTER if anything , mma fighters are more lethal in the street . what would marine do to stop a take down from a world level wrestler like chael sonnen ? as you all know you can't stop takedown using strikes , only take down defence works ,what would the marine do to avoid getting dropped head first to the concrete floor ? answer = nothing
yanssoune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 yanssoune
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

And I'm telling you that it just isn't true that Navy SEALS are "trained to get that person out of the way as quickly as possible, by incapacitating the target, or ending his life". That is fiction. That isn't how human's fight. It's fantasy like you'd see in a movie. Prove it to me that they are trained to do this. Show me what their SQT and SRDA training consists of. coasterguy65

If you want to continue to believe that SEALs have no real training that's of course your choice, but it's wrong. I'm not trying to say MMA fighters are whimps by any means, but stop trying to act like they would just walk all over a SEAL because of their training either. It would come down to size, weight, reach, and who gets the first few shots in. This is what I said at the begining, and now I'm repeating myself, so I'm officially done wasting my time on this topic.

striking ? mma > navy submisisons ? mma > navy wrestling ? mma > navy the navy guy dosen't have the skillset to get inside the mma fighter's range and poke him in the eye without getting KTFO'd in the process , they are not athletes , they have slower reaction time , less power ,less ability to take punishements ( i'm talking about hand , to hand combats , MMA sparring is tougher ) i don't see how the navy will be able to get inside gsp , poke him in the eye , without getitng knocked out , considering GSP is an elite striker with a black belt in kyokushin , + he's fast , and heavy handed but wait , the navy guy will just break the mma guys neck , right ? they're trained to kill !!!!!!!! NO , to break someones neck , you need to pass their guard , no navy guy is passing the guard of brazilian jui jitsu black belt , BJJ works well in NHB environement, as displayed in the early days of the ufc , and valte tudo tournaments in brazil .the navy guy dosen't have better grappling than an mma guy , even the illegal " joint locks " won't work , since they can be defended by any guy who reached the purble belt level wrestling : mma guys have better wrestling , period . what would exactly prevent an mma fighters from going for a double leg take down , and slaming the navy guy head first into the floor ? absolutely nothing, you can't defend a takedown from an NCAA divsion 1 wrestler . and even if the navy guy is still ok after the take down , he's done , since navy guys don't have enough grappling skills to pull submissions from their back navy guys are trained to kill weapons first , and to defend themselves against skinny brown terrorists if they're not armed , that's it . they don't stand a chance against a pro fighter , may as well bring a body bag for the navy guy
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#262 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts

batman

Old thread is old.