Would a Navy Seal be able to defeat GSP in an unarmed fight?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

[QUOTE="clayron"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"] Not really, I mean like.. hypothetically, if they were fighting on a staircase, or in abandoned house etc.. Not MMA fight. Like, during the initial scuffle, the seal loses his knife. th3warr1or
Not a very good Seal if he loses his knife in a "scuffle"

Well, doesn't GSP know how to disarm people?

dont navy seals know how to kill people with their bare hands...they are living weapons...they dont need any...the amount of hand to hand combat the REAL spec ops have in usa is insane...not as much as cqc firearms training...but enough to know to go for pressure points and break joints very quickly...theyre trained to disable someone as they go...u miss a punch...ur gonna get a broken elbow and probably a dislocated shoulder before u can shift ur weight...not to mention the wind knocked outta u...and if ur really lucky...ur knee might not be broken...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50697 Posts

People here watch too many movies to answer this question realistically. GSP would win because that's all he trains in. There are so many other things that a SEAL has to train for.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

[QUOTE="Lockedge"]That was my point. He trains in MMA as well as having training from Marines, and he's no monster or super elite fighter. He's ok. Beatable. If a Marine with MMA training is just decent, I think someone who's excellent at MMA would take the SEAL/Marine, etc. pretty easily in hand to hand.Baconbits2004

I dunno if I agree with all that, cause isn't the guy we're talking about just a welter weight, I don't think they're top of the line, I think they're just sorta middle ground, and I remember watching the fighter with mark Wahlberg, and he was pretty hot in that, and he was a welter weight, and he wasn't one of those big guys you see like brock lesnar, he was just kind average, and I don't they would lose to someone as strong as a guy in the navy or marines.

What the hell? Welterweights fight other welterweights. Plus anyway... Brian Stann is a MW.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 BMD004

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"][QUOTE="clayron"] Not a very good Seal if he loses his knife in a "scuffle"lpjazzman220

dont navy seals know how to kill people with their bare hands...they are living weapons...they dont need any...the amount of hand to hand combat the REAL spec ops have in usa is insane...not as much as cqc firearms training...but enough to know to go for pressure points and break joints very quickly...theyre trained to disable someone as they go...u miss a punch...ur gonna get a broken elbow and probably a dislocated shoulder before u can shift ur weight...not to mention the wind knocked outta u...and if ur really lucky...ur knee might not be broken...

I have no words for how unbelievably stupid this is. You watch waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many movies.
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts

[QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]

[QUOTE="Lockedge"]That was my point. He trains in MMA as well as having training from Marines, and he's no monster or super elite fighter. He's ok. Beatable. If a Marine with MMA training is just decent, I think someone who's excellent at MMA would take the SEAL/Marine, etc. pretty easily in hand to hand.BMD004

I dunno if I agree with all that, cause isn't the guy we're talking about just a welter weight, I don't think they're top of the line, I think they're just sorta middle ground, and I remember watching the fighter with mark Wahlberg, and he was pretty hot in that, and he was a welter weight, and he wasn't one of those big guys you see like brock lesnar, he was just kind average, and I don't they would lose to someone as strong as a guy in the navy or marines.

What the hell? Welterweights fight other welterweights.

Yeah, but that kinda limits the type of fighter on the UFC side, where as a 6 foot tall marine can weigh over 200 pounds if he wants, or even go higher, the welter weight guy is limited to like 170 right? I don't mean to be mean, but I think that's kinda shrimpy, and I don't see how he could win being so small.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#106 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

[QUOTE="lpjazzman220"]

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"] Well, doesn't GSP know how to disarm people? BMD004

I have no words for how unbelievably stupid this is. You watch waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many movies.

umm...no...in the army...know green berets...am ranger...i know how much training these guys get...heck im tryin to be a green beret...bein a trained soldier...the upper spec ops guys can beat the s*** outta almost anyone of us...glad i got their back instead of shootin at them...

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"] The techniques used by MMA fighters to win fights (chokes, pummeling about the head, diableing limbs) are also techniques which are used by warfighters to kill people. Why would such techniques be more or less useful depending on the type of fight?

thegerg

While MMA fighters can kill, the techniques they're taught are not really used for a silent or quick kill (as they're just fighting), and Navy Seals probably know exactly where to hit to kill quickly and silently, however if the MMA fighter is expecting this and already knows of the Seal's presence, the Seal would probably have difficulty doing this.

Real life isn't like some kung-fu movie. There isn't a secret spot to hit someone once that will kill them. GSP knoes as much as any SEAL that if you hit someone hard enough in the temple they will die.

Clean knees and or elbows to the head can kill outright... Also lets not forget good old fashion rabbit punches...
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 BMD004

[QUOTE="BMD004"][QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]

Baconbits2004

Yeah, but that kinda limits the type of fighter on the UFC side, where as a 6 foot tall marine can weigh over 200 pounds if he wants, or even go higher, the welter weight guy is limited to like 170 right? I don't mean to be mean, but I think that's kinda shrimpy, and I don't see how he could win being so small.

You have to weigh 170... that doesn't mean that is what they weigh on fight night. For example, yes, GSP weighs in at 170, but he actually weighs 195 pounds.

Fighters cut water weight for the weigh-in, then rehydrate before fight time.

So GSP will weigh 195 one week before the fight, then he will cut water weight for 1 week leading up to the weigh in. He cuts all carbs and sodium from his diet. This causes water loss. He then trains and sweats and does other things to shed the water. So on Friday, the day before the fight, he will weigh in at 170. Then, right after the weigh in, he'll load up on carbs by eating things like pasta, and he'll rehydrate by drinking things like pedialyte, and he'll rehydrate as close up to 195 as he can get before the fight on Saturday night. That's how they do it.

So yes, he fights in the 170 division, but it is misleading because he actually weighs about 195. All weightclasses do this. So a fighter fighting at 205 pounds probably weighs about 230 on fight night.

This is GSP... does he look like he weighs 170 to you?

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#109 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

I don't know, isn't it illogical to assume that all Navy Seals are at the same level?

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 BMD004

[QUOTE="BMD004"][QUOTE="lpjazzman220"]

lpjazzman220

umm...no...in the army...know green berets...am ranger...i know how much training these guys get...heck im tryin to be a green beret...bein a trained soldier...the upper spec ops guys can beat the s*** outta almost anyone of us...glad i got their back instead of shootin at them...

To be honest, I think you're lying. Because if you were actually a soldier, you would know how little training you guys get in regards to combatives. And you wouldn't be so utterly clueless when talking about "if you miss a punch you're gonna get a broken elbow and probably a dislocated shoulder before you can shift your weight." LMAO. wait, wait... it gets better.. "and the wind knocked out of you" AND... if I'm lucky... "ur knee might not be broken". Like I said... you watch WAY too many movies.
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

[QUOTE="BMD004"][QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]

Baconbits2004

I would bet my savings that a guy like Urijah Faber or Jose Aldo could defeat a US Marine of any weight in hand to hand combat, 99 times out of 100. I show you Minowaman vs Bob Sapp as example Link. Size doesn't matter when you have the training and skill some of these guys have.
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#112 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"][QUOTE="clayron"] Not a very good Seal if he loses his knife in a "scuffle"lpjazzman220

That is not true at all.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 BMD004
[QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]

[QUOTE="BMD004"] What the hell? Welterweights fight other welterweights. Lockedge

I would bet my savings that a guy like Urijah Faber or Jose Aldo could defeat a US Marine of any weight in hand to hand combat, 99 times out of 100. I show you Minowaman vs Bob Sapp as example Link. Size doesn't matter when you have the training and skill some of these guys have.

Yep. And the thing about this is, Bob Sapp is skilled compared to the average Joe.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 jeremiah06

[QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]

[QUOTE="BMD004"] What the hell? Welterweights fight other welterweights. Lockedge

I would bet my savings that a guy like Urijah Faber or Jose Aldo could defeat a US Marine of any weight in hand to hand combat, 99 times out of 100. I show you Minowaman vs Bob Sapp as exampleSize doesn't matter when you have the training and skill some of these guys have.

I'm sorry but bigger guy would've destroyed little guy after he got him down if there were no rules...

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Baconbits2004

I would bet my savings that a guy like Urijah Faber or Jose Aldo could defeat a US Marine of any weight in hand to hand combat, 99 times out of 100. I show you Minowaman vs Bob Sapp as example Link. Size doesn't matter when you have the training and skill some of these guys have.Lockedge

Gonna reply to this post first, since it's a lot smaller and easier to do... and I'd just like to say that the video doesn't prove much, that black dude looked more flabby than anything else. And it didn't even look like real fighting. =/
It looked more like some WEE grapple marathon where they're trying to get a tap out rather than actually kill the person. A grapple ain't gonna do much if your only option is to eventually... let 'em go. o.O

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 BMD004

[QUOTE="Lockedge"]I would bet my savings that a guy like Urijah Faber or Jose Aldo could defeat a US Marine of any weight in hand to hand combat, 99 times out of 100. I show you Minowaman vs Bob Sapp as example Link. Size doesn't matter when you have the training and skill some of these guys have.Baconbits2004

Gonna reply to this post first, since it's a lot smaller and easier to do... and I'd just like to say that the video doesn't prove much, that black dude looked more flabby than anything else. And it didn't even look like real fighting. =/
It looked more like some WEE grapple marathon where they're trying to get a tap out rather than actually kill the person. A grapple ain't gonna do much if your only option is to eventually... let 'em go. o.O

Umm... what? He had him in an achilles lock. He tapped because the pain was too much and he didn't want to ruin his career. If he wouldn't have tapped, that lock would have ruptured his achilles tendon. If that was a real fight, his achilles would have ruptured, not only causing extreme pain, but making his leg useless. He wouldn't be able to stand or do much of anything anymore. After that, he's done.

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Lockedge

Yep. And the thing about this is, Bob Sapp is skilled compared to the average Joe. BMD004
Well, kind of. He's mostly big, knows how to utilize his size well, has developed something of a top game, and can haphazardly strike, but he'd be a handful for anyone in any weightclass. Minowaman included XD That guy is all about the leglocks. He's honestly so cool. The coolest person in MMA. But yeah, put a Marine in an enclosed space with Bobbu Sappu and it would be pretty rough. Knowing that a guy like GSP could very likely railroad Bob Sapp.....I can't see it ending well for any prospective military personnel who go up against him, unless they were highly trained prior to entering, and even then....

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 BMD004

[QUOTE="Lockedge"][QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]

jeremiah06

I would bet my savings that a guy like Urijah Faber or Jose Aldo could defeat a US Marine of any weight in hand to hand combat, 99 times out of 100. I show you Minowaman vs Bob Sapp as exampleSize doesn't matter when you have the training and skill some of these guys have.

I'm sorry but bigger guy would've destroyed little guy after he got him down if there were no rules...

How so?
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Baconbits2004

[QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]

[QUOTE="BMD004"] What the hell? Welterweights fight other welterweights. BMD004

You have to weigh 170... that doesn't mean that is what they weigh on fight night. For example, yes, GSP weighs in at 170, but he actually weighs 195 pounds.

Fighters cut water weight for the weigh-in, then rehydrate before fight time.

So GSP will weigh 195 one week before the fight, then he will cut water weight for 1 week leading up to the weigh in. He cuts all carbs and sodium from his diet. This causes water loss. He then trains and sweats and does other things to shed the water. So on Friday, the day before the fight, he will weigh in at 170. Then, right after the weigh in, he'll load up on carbs by eating things like pasta, and he'll rehydrate by drinking things like pedialyte, and he'll rehydrate as close up to 195 as he can get before the fight on Saturday night. That's how they do it.

So yes, he fights in the 170 division, but it is misleading because he actually weighs about 195. All weightclasses do this. So a fighter fighting at 205 pounds probably weighs about 230 on fight night.

This is GSP... does he look like he weighs 170 to you?

I would say he looks to be about 180 or so, with a good ten pounds packed into those love handles of his. Which is still lower than what you can get away with in the marines (there ain't much of a limit as far as I know) also maybe the weight isn't being distributed properly cause of how he eats and loses so much weight so fast, but he looks really disporportionate to me, and I don't mean to be rude, but i think that's very unnatractive.

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Baconbits2004

[QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]

[QUOTE="Lockedge"]I would bet my savings that a guy like Urijah Faber or Jose Aldo could defeat a US Marine of any weight in hand to hand combat, 99 times out of 100. I show you Minowaman vs Bob Sapp as example Link. Size doesn't matter when you have the training and skill some of these guys have.BMD004

Umm... what? He had him in an achilles lock. He tapped because the pain was too much and he didn't want to ruin his career. If he wouldn't have tapped, that lock would have ruptured his achilles tendon. If that was a real fight, his achilles would have ruptured, not only causing extreme pain, but making his leg useless. He wouldn't be able to stand or do much of anything anymore. After that, he's done.

No no no, that's not true at all. That little guy doesn't have enough power to break anything from a hold. He'd just Make it painful for a while.

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Lockedge

[QUOTE="Lockedge"]I would bet my savings that a guy like Urijah Faber or Jose Aldo could defeat a US Marine of any weight in hand to hand combat, 99 times out of 100. I show you Minowaman vs Bob Sapp as example Link. Size doesn't matter when you have the training and skill some of these guys have.Baconbits2004

And, the way Minowaman had positioned himself from the bottom prevented Sapp from gaining leverage required to put power behind any strikes he could rain down. Sapp could have thrown strikes, but there would be a good chance that Minowaman could have used that chance to escape and pick an ankle. Fighting isn't as easy as "Big man hit/throw little man down and sit on him, then punch in the face until KOed". When you know how to grapple, you become dangerous off your back to people who don't know how to properly defend themselves on top. Unless you have extensive training, you don't know how to properly defend yourself from on top. Thus, fighting a grappler = not a good idea. If you know how to grapple and someone throws a limb at you and can't defend it, it's not going to end very well for them. Good luck throwing a punch if you've got your ACL wrecked y a heel hook and you can barely stand, let alone put weight into any strikes.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts

[QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]

No...just no man...Your taking this thing little too far. You do know there are Marines/special forces that train in martial arts as their job right?. And please stop...Urijah Faber cannot be a heavyweight Marine especially if that Marine trains in Martial arts also. MMA fighters are not gods just normal men also. Your taking this wwwwaaaayyy to far.

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Baconbits2004

/

BMD004

That was uncalled for, I just wanted to have a fun time discussin the differences btween the two types of fighters there's no need to resort to that. =/

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 jeremiah06

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"]

[QUOTE="Lockedge"] I would bet my savings that a guy like Urijah Faber or Jose Aldo could defeat a US Marine of any weight in hand to hand combat, 99 times out of 100. I show you Minowaman vs Bob Sapp as exampleSize doesn't matter when you have the training and skill some of these guys have.BMD004

How so?

He basically just laid on top on him... At the moment big guy first got him down he could've easily snapped his neck... His knee was right in between his legs big guy could've hammered little guys groin... Instead he went for a regulation arm hold... Not something you'd do in a fight to the death... With that said I do think MMA > SEAL

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 BMD004

MgamerBD

No...just no man...Your taking this thing little too far. You do know there are Marines/special forces that train in martial arts as their job right?. And please stop...Urijah Faber cannot be a heavyweight Marine especially if that Marine trains in Martial arts also. MMA fighters are not gods just normal men also. Your taking this wwwwaaaayyy to far.

I wouldn't doubt that Urijah Faber or Jose Aldo would destroy 99.9% of marines and special forces out there. What you fail to understand is that these guys are professional fighters. They are the best in the world and train and perfect what they do constantly. They have been fighting, wrestling, etc since they were little kids. Marines and SEALS learn some combat techniques during a span of a few months. It would be the equivalent of somebody who is 7 foot tall with no prior experience going to basketball camp for a few months, then challenging Michael Jordan to a game of 1 on 1. Even though Michael Jordan would be at a huge disadvantage, I'd bet that Michael Jordan would wipe the floor with that random guy.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"] The techniques used by MMA fighters to win fights (chokes, pummeling about the head, diableing limbs) are also techniques which are used by warfighters to kill people. Why would such techniques be more or less useful depending on the type of fight?

BMD004

While MMA fighters can kill, the techniques they're taught are not really used for a silent or quick kill (as they're just fighting), and Navy Seals probably know exactly where to hit to kill quickly and silently, however if the MMA fighter is expecting this and already knows of the Seal's presence, the Seal would probably have difficulty doing this.

This is how a fight between an MMA fighter and a Navy Seal would go. Black and white trunks = MMA fighter. Red trunks = navy seal:

Then, he see's he's still awake...

So he runs over and chokes him unconcious.

Haha, you're such an MMA fanboy it's almost funny:P

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 BMD004

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

TacticalDesire

This is how a fight between an MMA fighter and a Navy Seal would go. Black and white trunks = MMA fighter. Red trunks = navy seal:

I am lol.. but I also speak the truth.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

BMD004

I am lol.. but I also speak the truth.

I personally have no opinion in the matter, because I don't know enough about seals or MMA...so yeah.

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Lockedge

MgamerBD

Faber and Aldo train MMA full-time. Marines and SEALs take some lessons, do some courses, and move onto other things. They'd be capable, but it would be like putting an amateur boxer in with a very good pro boxer. MOST Marines and Seals just do the courses(about 30 hours) and get on with it. Ther'es a few that decide to participate in some competitions and who train further. Those ones, who train extensively in martial arts consistently for years, could potentially beat Aldo or Faber. Regular Marines and SEALs? Not a chance. The Marines martial arts program has a black belt you can earn in barely any time at all. Yes, they'd know what they're doing and have good fundamentals, but put them up against someone with a lot more training and diverse hand to hand skills, and they're going to have their hands full. For instance, many martial arts involve leverage with throws and grapples and positioning. If you can place your opponent at a disadvantage and use leverage against them, your size will not be an issue. Faber vs a tan belt Marine(most, if what I'm told is correct) = Faber win. Faber against a black belt marine = toss-up, potentially. I will say that I might have gone a bit far, but perhaps not. Size isn't the end all-be all.
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Lockedge
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]

[QUOTE="Lockedge"] I would bet my savings that a guy like Urijah Faber or Jose Aldo could defeat a US Marine of any weight in hand to hand combat, 99 times out of 100. I show you Minowaman vs Bob Sapp as example Link. Size doesn't matter when you have the training and skill some of these guys have.BMD004

I wouldn't doubt that Urijah Faber or Jose Aldo would destroy 99.9% of marines and special forces out there. What you fail to understand is that these guys are professional fighters. They are the best in the world and train and perfect what they do constantly. They have been fighting, wrestling, etc since they were little kids. Marines and SEALS learn some combat techniques during a span of a few months. It would be the equivalent of somebody who is 7 foot tall with no prior experience going to basketball camp for a few months, then challenging Michael Jordan to a game of 1 on 1. Even though Michael Jordan would be at a huge disadvantage, I'd bet that Michael Jordan would wipe the floor with that random guy.

Replace Michael Jordan with Muggsy Bogues, and your example is a bit more effective.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

The SEAL would win. GSP is trained to fight clean, the SEAL has been trained to win by any means necessary.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 MgamerBD

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]

[QUOTE="Lockedge"] I would bet my savings that a guy like Urijah Faber or Jose Aldo could defeat a US Marine of any weight in hand to hand combat, 99 times out of 100. I show you Minowaman vs Bob Sapp as example Link. Size doesn't matter when you have the training and skill some of these guys have.BMD004

And the guys I am talking about is professional killers. These are two completely different types of people. One is meant for war, Something which humans have been doing since the beginning of time. Something that has evoled so much in so little time that it can destroy the face of the Earth. Something that has no rules, no morals, no referees to call the plays. While you are trying to compare it with a sport? I watch MMA, I know MMA also, I study many forms of martial arts. I know these guys are pros and have been doing it since they were young. I'm not denying that they will win in a FAIR fight. But Marines and special ops are not taught to fight "fair". They are taught to use whatever is necessary to survive. Those few months of training is buried so deep into their brains that they know no other way to act when they are in action. Many times they say they go into an "auto pilot". In a "fight" no rules, or ref they will do whatever to win because it is taught. From kicking you in the balls to ripping out your eyeballs. Fighters fight for sports so GSP will win in an MMA match. But military personnal fight for "survival". Now tell me which one has more willpower then the other?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Chutebox

jeremiah06

Do you know why BJJ was invented?
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 -TheSecondSign-

MgamerBD

That isn't true at all.

Most Marines never train with hand to hand, especially those that work in the actual field.

They're actually the laziest, since they're balls deep in exhausting field work constantly, they take no liberties with their free time. Your average grunt, field MP, Combat Engineer, Combat Corpsman, or what-have-you spends virtually no time even in the gym.

They're either very underweight or border their weight limits and never bother with learning hand to hand because its practically useless anyway. Martial arts are impossible in a combat envrionment because you're wearing a full combat load, not to mention you're at the point of physical exhaustion more often than not, and you also may be dehydrated or starving.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]

[QUOTE="BMD004"] Umm... what? He had him in an achilles lock. He tapped because the pain was too much and he didn't want to ruin his career. If he wouldn't have tapped, that lock would have ruptured his achilles tendon. If that was a real fight, his achilles would have ruptured, not only causing extreme pain, but making his leg useless. He wouldn't be able to stand or do much of anything anymore. After that, he's done.

BMD004

No no no, that's not true at all. That little guy doesn't have enough power to break anything from a hold. He'd just Make it painful for a while.

Yeah, you're trolling.

Not trolling, people here just watch all these movies and think that's what really happens. People here literally have no clue abut fighting and I'm trying to be an ass about it.
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 BMD004

[QUOTE="BMD004"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"] No...just no man...Your taking this thing little too far. You do know there are Marines/special forces that train in martial arts as their job right?. And please stop...Urijah Faber cannot be a heavyweight Marine especially if that Marine trains in Martial arts also. MMA fighters are not gods just normal men also. Your taking this wwwwaaaayyy to far.

MgamerBD

And the guys I am talking about is professional killers. These are two completely different types of people. One is meant for war, Something which humans have been doing since the beginning of time. Something that has evoled so much in so little time that it can destroy the face of the Earth. Something that has no rules, no morals, no referees to call the plays. While you are trying to compare it with a sport? I watch MMA, I know MMA also, I study many forms of martial arts. I know these guys are pros and have been doing it since they were young. I'm not denying that they will win in a FAIR fight. But Marines and special ops are not taught to fight "fair". They are taught to use whatever is necessary to survive. Those few months of training is buried so deep into their brains that they know no other way to act when they are in action. Many times they say they go into an "auto pilot". In a "fight" no rules, or ref they will do whatever to win because it is taught. From kicking you in the balls to ripping out your eyeballs. Fighters fight for sports so GSP will win in an MMA match. But military personnal fight for "survival". Now tell me which one has more willpower then the other?

Yes, soldiers are professional killers.... with a gun. We aren't talking about a fight with a gun. The reality is, without any weapons, a marine is not very trained at all. Secondly, fighters don't go on "auto-pilot". Not even close. You are constantly thinking a mile a minute. It's like a chess match with fists. To prove that fighters are not on auto pilot, just look at Strikeforce. The unified rules of mixed martial arts allows elbows. However, Strikeforce does not allow elbows. Fighters would never throw elbows in strikeforce... because they KNOW they can't. If they were just fighting on auto-pilot, then they would throw them still. However, since Strikeforce was just bought by the UFC, they changed the rules to allow elbows. And what do you know, there were plenty of elbows thrown even though those fighters haven't been using them for a long time. That also answers the question that says MMA fighters only know how to fight for sport. Those people are wrong. They would be well aware that in the street anything goes. They can adjust their technique to fit those rules. The thing about a professional fighter is, he is always several steps ahead of you. Marines and special ops hand to hand training consists of their combatives program... which is basically traditional boxing and brazilian jiu jitsu. They aren't learning any secret techniques that kill like some people hilariously think they do.
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 -TheSecondSign-

The SEAL would win. GSP is trained to fight clean, the SEAL has been trained to win by any means necessary.

airshocker

A SEAL is trained to perform SCUBA to at least 300 feet, conduct HALO jumps, and perform underwater demolitions.

They aren't sent to BUD/S to learn how to fist fight.

cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
Would a professional fighter win a fight against someone that isn't a professional fighter? This is your question? And people are arguing? lolofftopic
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 MgamerBD

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]

[QUOTE="Lockedge"] I would bet my savings that a guy like Urijah Faber or Jose Aldo could defeat a US Marine of any weight in hand to hand combat, 99 times out of 100. I show you Minowaman vs Bob Sapp as example Link. Size doesn't matter when you have the training and skill some of these guys have.-TheSecondSign-

That isn't true at all.

Most Marines never train with hand to hand, especially those that work in the actual field.

They're actually the laziest, since they're balls deep in exhausting field work constantly, they take no liberties with their free time. Your average grunt, field MP, Combat Engineer, Combat Corpsman, or what-have-you spends virtually no time even in the gym.

They're either very underweight or border their weight limits and never bother with learning hand to hand because its practically useless anyway. Martial arts are impossible in a combat envrionment because you're wearing a full combat load, not to mention you're at the point of physical exhaustion more often than not, and you also may be dehydrated or starving.

I know I just wanted to generalize too. Also I meant the Marines that actully have an MOS where they train in hand to hand combat for a living. Also I'm pretty sure most Marines/armed forces hardly ever get use hand to hand anyway. Last time I checked they usaully have a firefight or if it gets to the point of actual close combat a knife is always handy in those situations. Also I'm sure in all that amor and gear its pretty hrd to fistfight anyway. In the battlefield I'm sure hand to hand fights are sloppy, no fancy moves whatsoever. Its a fight for "survival" Its pretty much natural for the fighting to be sloppy, gross, and violent as can be.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#142 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

Would a professional fighter win a fight against someone that isn't a professional fighter? cheese_game619
The only thing "professional" about "professional fighting" is that they get paychecks for it. They're good, no doubt, but that isn't because they're "professionals."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

A SEAL is trained to perform SCUBA to at least 300 feet, conduct HALO jumps, and perform underwater demolitions.

-TheSecondSign-

No, they're not trained to fist-fight, you're absolutely right. They're trained to kill with whatever they have available to them. If they can only use their hands, the person is still going to be killed. Whether he's the best MMA fighter in the world or not.

You have no idea how US Special Forces work if you think otherwise.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 BMD004

[QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"]

airshocker

No, they're not trained to fist-fight, you're absolutely right. They're trained to kill with whatever they have available to them. If they can only use their hands, the person is still going to be killed. Whether he's the best MMA fighter in the world or not.

That is unbelievable that people think this.
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts

[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]Would a professional fighter win a fight against someone that isn't a professional fighter? th3warr1or

The only thing "professional" about "professional fighting" is that they get paychecks for it. They're good, no doubt, but that isn't because they're "professionals."

You're right. They aren't good fighters because they get paid. They are good fighters because they traintheir fighting skills six days a week.

I read the first page and the kid arguingthat a Seal would win didn't even know who GSP was. This is funny.

-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 -TheSecondSign-

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"] No...just no man...Your taking this thing little too far. You do know there are Marines/special forces that train in martial arts as their job right?. And please stop...Urijah Faber cannot be a heavyweight Marine especially if that Marine trains in Martial arts also. MMA fighters are not gods just normal men also. Your taking this wwwwaaaayyy to far.

MgamerBD

That isn't true at all.

I know I just wanted to generalize too. Also I meant the Marines that actully have an MOS where they train in hand to hand combat for a living. Also I'm pretty sure most Marines/armed forces hardly ever get use hand to hand anyway. Last time I checked they usaully have a firefight or if it gets to the point of actual close combat a knife is always handy in those situations. Also I'm sure in all that amor and gear its pretty hrd to fistfight anyway. In the battlefield I'm sure hand to hand fights are sloppy, no fancy moves whatsoever. Its a fight for "survival" Its pretty much natural for the fighting to be sloppy, gross, and violent as can be.

There is no MOS where they tain extensively in hand to hand. MCMAP is available for everyone but its almost never faithfully practiced by anyone. Grunts just don't have the time for it. They're often busy trying to spend a night with their families between their second and third deployment, since they also have to fit in field excersises.

And a person wearinga combat load just can't fight, period. Its too easy to throw them around by their flak jacker or gear, or grab their camel back or trip them up.

If you were to ask a Marine how he'd win a fight, especially in that, he'd probably just tell you he'd shoot them and be done with it.

Most grunts are either impossibly scrawny, short, and actually kind of frail, or chunky, and borderline overweight. The beefy, jacked up roid monkey sporting the high and tight is probably a POG.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

That is unbelievable that people think this.BMD004

Sorry, what military experience do you have again?

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 BMD004

I think this is a lot like Santa Clause.

I think ever since mixed martial arts came about, it is slowly showing people that kung-fu movies where guys are throwing people all over the place and taking on 10 guys at once, and people like Jason Bourne just don't exist in real life.

It's like you don't want to see that combat athletes are the best fighters in the world because it breaks your preconcieved notion about what fighting actually is. It's not as glamourous or "Hollywood" as people think it is.

-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 -TheSecondSign-

airshocker

You have no idea how US Special Forces work if you think otherwise.

And I call bull****. You're buying into media.

They're trained to do a job. That's it. SEAL training is rough and it breeds rough men, but a rough man doesn't necessarily mean a badass.

A SEAL can lose fist fight. They can be outrunned and outgunned. They're men, not machines.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 BMD004

[QUOTE="BMD004"]That is unbelievable that people think this.airshocker

Sorry, what military experience do you have again?

None. But I know plenty of people who are Marines, and they would laugh at what you are saying.