Wikileaks 'hacked' before secret documents are due to be revealed

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#151 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

I don't think wikileaks is in the US? And conducting special ops missions against citizens of foreign nations is kinda bad publicity.

airshocker

Never said Wikileaks was in the US. That's why we need to use Special Forces. They don't get caught.

Wikileaks founder is not a random terrorist no one in the US has ever heard of. You cannot kill him or destroy his network and NOT have the rest of the world know and assume it was the government. If he suddenly dies days before a release, the government may as well just admit they did it.

It'd be like trying to assassinate a very famous celebrity. People will know you did it.

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

I don't think wikileaks is in the US? And conducting special ops missions against citizens of foreign nations is kinda bad publicity.

Pixel-Pirate

Never said Wikileaks was in the US. That's why we need to use Special Forces. They don't get caught.

Wikileaks founder is not a random terrorist no one in the US has ever heard of. You cannot kill him or destroy his network and NOT have the rest of the world know and assume it was the government. If he suddenly dies days before a release, the government may as well just admit they did it.

It'd be like trying to assassinate a very famous celebrity. People will know you did it.

Far easier just to give people who leak information long jail sentences. Going after an organization is pointless.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#153 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

good this wikileaks things is just causeing pointless problems

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#154 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

I'm sure whatever country currently hosting wikileaks won't have any problem with spec ops members illegally entering their country and murdering people who haven't broken any of that countries laws and who arn't terrorists.

Pixel-Pirate

They may get mad but they can't do anything about it.

See Mossad in Argentina, Mossad in Germany, Mossad in Norway, CIA in Cuba ETC ETC.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Pixel-Pirate

There's a difference between what you know and what you can prove. And I'm not talking about assassinating the guy. That's a little extreme. Destroying Wikileaks' archives and every shred of classified information they have, on the other hand, isn't such a bad idea.

They have it coming, either way. Obama just needs to RTFU and do what's right.

1hit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#157 1hit
Member since 2006 • 209 Posts

US is gonna have to deal with many angry allies...

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

I'm sure whatever country currently hosting wikileaks won't have any problem with spec ops members illegally entering their country and murdering people who haven't broken any of that countries laws and who arn't terrorists.

Espada12

They may get mad but they can't do anything about it.

See Mossad in Argentina, Mossad in Germany, Mossad in Norway, CIA in Cuba ETC ETC.

Aside from, you know, not being allies with us anymore, harming our relations far more than wikileaks could, and putting the image of anti-free speech on America. Theres a huge difference between fighting terrorists or communist dictatorships (something the public will probably support) and pissing off other first world countries and most of your own populace by trying to stifle freedom of speech and press.

Really if the US is so bothered by wikileaks then they should suspend freedom of the press and censor the internet as the Chinese do. I'm serious. I mean, it IS for our protection so I'm sure everyone is fine with that.

Also I have a feeling with all the releases wikileaks has done this year alone, the government WOULD do something permanent to them but is essentially afraid due to the insurance file. People already have downloaded it and all it will take is the password released for the file to be opened and it's contents spilled. Since it's wikileaks "insurance" and the sort of encryption on the file is immense, I'm going to assume the file is VERY VERY important as it seems wikileaks is banking on it to keep them safe. I can only speculate but I speculate that it is something quite big and the government knows this. And wikileaks is essentially going to continue using this as a "leave us alone or else" type thing.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

airshocker

There's a difference between what you know and what you can prove. And I'm not talking about assassinating the guy. That's a little extreme. Destroying Wikileaks' archives and every shred of classified information they have, on the other hand, isn't such a bad idea.

They have it coming, either way. Obama just needs to RTFU and do what's right.

And then they released the insurance file. And no you cannot destroy that file unless you can somehow track every person to download it and destroy the file beyond repair on millions of systems.

Good luck on that.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#160 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"][QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"]

If you enjoy losing wars.....

then sure

UnknownSniper65

Do you seriously believe that the Coalition forces would have lost the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan if they would have been more open about releasing the information that Wikileaks has released?

I believe the media presence and the insistence on information transparency ultimately made these wars much harder to fight than they had to be.

The difference between what Wikileaks is doing and the presence of normal mass media is that the normal mass media presence actually does hinder the armed forces regardless of whether or not they have something to hide whereas Wikileaks only is a problem if they have something to hide, since Wikileaks doesn't try to take events out of context to create headlines. I agree that the normal mass media shouldn't have such a huge presence during wars (soldiers have enough to worry about without having to try to look like super awesome good guys for the TV cameras 24/7), but I don't think that Wikileaks falls under that category.
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#161 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts

Hopefully more middle east wars will result. It will look good on the 'anti-war' crowd for supporting more war.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 inoperativeRS

The Saudi King asked the US to attack Iran. Imagine what that says to Iran.

If you think this leak has done the world good, you're very naive. It's seeming more and more clear Wikileaks was never meant to be anti-war, but pro-war.

Serious consequences is just beyond the horizon.

Looks good on Wikileaks. Now people will see them for what they really are.

p2250

You are very naive if you expect me to accept that I have no right to know if the Saudi King tries to pull a country that my country is close allies to into war with a country that probably has nuclear arms. Wikileaks is neither anti nor pro-war. Information is neutral. Do you really think that this will make people see Wikileaks 'for what they really are'? The information they release just shows what a political cluster**** the middle east really is.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 inoperativeRS

Hopefully more middle east wars will result. It will look good on the 'anti-war' crowd for supporting more war.

p2250
That is a horrible thing to hope for...