Wikileaks 'hacked' before secret documents are due to be revealed

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts

It's common knowledge Saudis are financing al-Qaida, most of the suicide bombers in Iraq were Saudis.

And it's common knowledge that people think the president of Iran is like Hitler he did say he wanted to "wipe Israel off the map". If Hitler were around today, he would completely agree.

Do people want a Hitler type leader to have nukes? Let's put it to a vote, attacking their country may be the only way to stop it.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
Now a Homeland Security Committee Member reportedly wants Wikileaks to be deemed a "foreign terrorist organisation".... :|
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 p2250
Now a Homeland Security Committee Member reportedly wants Wikileaks to be deemed a "foreign terrorist organisation".... :|Ravensmash
To be honest, it is a type of terrorism. Cyber terrorism.
edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts
[QUOTE="p2250"]

The good thing is that if anyone happens to die over these leaks, we can blame Wikileaks.

With information comes responsibility, something I doubt these people care too much about.

l4dak47
I agree. These idiots don't think about the consquences. Which is why I consider them scum.

I to agree. This could have some very negative outcomes.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]Now a Homeland Security Committee Member reportedly wants Wikileaks to be deemed a "foreign terrorist organisation".... :|p2250

Those damn guys holding government accountable for it's actions! Why, the government should just be able to do whatever it wants with no repercussions!!
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

The good thing is that if anyone happens to die over these leaks, we can blame Wikileaks.

With information comes responsibility, something I doubt these people care too much about.

p2250

Why not blame the U.S. government for not only doing the things in the documents, but keeping it secret from the people in the country?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#57 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Honestly, I think wikileaks is overrated. If any foreign country is getting their intelligence and information from wikileaks, that really casts doubts on their ability to function.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#58 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

[QUOTE="p2250"]

Why not blame the U.S. government for not only doing the things in the documents, but keeping it secret from the people in the country?

You could. But almost every country has some secretive things they do. America is by far the only one doing that. They're just the one in the crosshairs.
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts

[QUOTE="p2250"]

Dark_Knight6

No kidding, this makes no sense to me.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

i think these secret documents are deliberately being leaked by the help of government. stuff like iran developing NK like missiles (probably to make iran look like a threat) and pakistans nukes at the risk of being stolen (again making pakistan a threat as well).

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#62 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
I think this has something to do with 2001 conflict in Macedonia. They said on my local news today that on Wikilinks documents will be released that will show the Grece involvement in the 2001 conflict. Can't be a coincidence.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2010/nov/28/us-embassy-cables-wikileaks Awesome little feature by The Guardian, enables you to sift through information.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

[QUOTE="p2250"]

sonicare

You could. But almost every country has some secretive things they do. America is by far the only one doing that. They're just the one in the crosshairs.

The fact that every country does it doesn't make it right. And when these things are leaked, the country should be held accountable, not the person leaking the documents.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

It's common knowledge Saudis are financing al-Qaida, most of the suicide bombers in Iraq were Saudis.

And it's common knowledge that people think the president of Iran is like Hitler he did say he wanted to "wipe Israel off the map". If Hitler were around today, he would completely agree.

Do people want a Hitler type leader to have nukes? Let's put it to a vote, attacking their country may be the only way to stop it.

p2250
define Saudis before I tell you you have no idea what your talking about.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Ace6301

i think these secret documents are deliberately being leaked by the help of government. stuff like iran developing NK like missiles (probably to make iran look like a threat) and pakistans nukes at the risk of being stolen (again making pakistan a threat as well).

Harisemo
Both were widely seen as threats already so there really isn't any change.
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 p2250
[QUOTE="F1_2004"][QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

[QUOTE="p2250"]

The average Joe may think he has a right to know everything the government knows, but he doesn't. If that's the case, then all information, even about you, should be available to me and everyone else.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 GazaAli

Honestly, I think wikileaks is overrated. If any foreign country is getting their intelligence and information from wikileaks, that really casts doubts on their ability to function.

sonicare
:lol: yea. Wikileaks is directed to the public in my opinion.
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 p2250
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="p2250"]

People born in Saudi Arabia.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Ace6301
[QUOTE="p2250"][QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="p2250"]

By which you mean Bin Laden I assume.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Harisemo

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

Ace6301

why are these documents secret then?

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 p2250
[QUOTE="p2250"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] define Saudis before I tell you you have no idea what your talking about.Ace6301

Bin Laden and thousands others. Saudis weren't too happy when their Sunni brother Saddam was taken out.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Harisemo"]

Harisemo

why are these documents secret then?

Did you read any of the other things it said or did you just skip to the part about the middle east and ignore the rest? I'm willing to bet over half the US population wants to go to war with Iran and almost all of them see it as a threat. Pakistan is enemies with India who the US is reasonably friendly with and is also a place where there is huge terrorist hideouts. Just because it's a secret document doesn't mean that what it's saying wasn't already known to everyone else.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Harisemo

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="p2250"] People born in Saudi Arabia. p2250

Bin Laden and thousands others. Saudis weren't too happy when their Sunni brother Saddam was taken out.

saddam was no saint but he did do a lot of good stuff.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 GazaAli
[QUOTE="p2250"][QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="p2250"]

I thought you were referring to Saudi's government. Anyway considering all of Saudi's Sheihks and Sharia legislators hate Ben Laden, I dunno what to to you other than this.
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 p2250
[QUOTE="p2250"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] define Saudis before I tell you you have no idea what your talking about.GazaAli

I thought you were referring to Saudi's government. Anyway considering all of Saudi's Sheihks and Sharia legislators hate Ben Laden, I dunno what to to you other than this.

I was talking about terrorists born in Saudi Arabia.
htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

Hopefully it won't slow things up to much, I'd like to see what type of bs americans have been doing/trying to do to my country.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 GazaAli

Hopefully it won't slow things up to much, I'd like to see what type of bs americans have been doing/trying to do to my country.

htekemerald
slow what exactly? peace in the middle east :lol:
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

htekemerald

:roll:

Threads like this always give me a good laugh

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
I'm surprised the Wikileak's dude didn't mysteriously disappear yet.ChowsSN
He's going to piss off Russia, China, or Mossad at some point, and then we're never going to hear from him again. Assange probably isn't going to live out the next decade.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Verge_6

htekemerald
You realize he's aiming to uncover the BS ALL nations do, right? :|
VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

i heard some of these documents shows saudi arabia has asked US to attack our nuclear facilities, and i lol'd at how two-faced politicians are.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Didn't they have an "insurance file" they released in case something like this happened?

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]Now a Homeland Security Committee Member reportedly wants Wikileaks to be deemed a "foreign terrorist organisation".... :|p2250

Sometimes I forget what kind of people who browses the internetz too.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 GazaAli
[QUOTE="ChowsSN"]I'm surprised the Wikileak's dude didn't mysteriously disappear yet.Verge_6
He's going to piss off Russia, China, or Mossad at some point, and then we're never going to hear from him again. Assange probably isn't going to live out the next decade.

I dunno about that. The guy is obviously very open about what he does and its not the days of soviets, spetznats, Nazi scientist anymore, meaning that killing him will be too obvious.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="ChowsSN"]I'm surprised the Wikileak's dude didn't mysteriously disappear yet.GazaAli

I dunno about that. The guy is obviously very open about what he does and its not the days of soviets, spetznats, Nazi scientist anymore, meaning that killing him will be too obvious.

Tell that to Mossad.
htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 htekemerald

[QUOTE="htekemerald"]

Verge_6

Yep, but off all the nations america is the one that has the most infulence on mine.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 GazaAli

[QUOTE="p2250"][QUOTE="Ravensmash"]Now a Homeland Security Committee Member reportedly wants Wikileaks to be deemed a "foreign terrorist organisation".... :|Dystopian-X

Sometimes I forget what kind of people who browses the internetz too.

oh you :P

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="htekemerald"]

htekemerald

Yep, but off all the nations america is the one that has the most infulence on mine.

Here's hoping you don't turn a blind eye to your own government's sleazy acts if Assange lives long enough to post them.
htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 htekemerald

[QUOTE="htekemerald"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"] You realize he's aiming to uncover the BS ALL nations do, right? :|Verge_6

Here's hoping you don't turn a blind eye to your own government's sleazy acts if Assange lives long enough to post them.

I'd love to find out what type dirty dealings my government has been up to, heres hoping that wikileaks manages to get a hold of that information.

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 F1_2004

[QUOTE="F1_2004"][QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

p2250

The average Joe may think he has a right to know everything the government knows, but he doesn't. If that's the case, then all information, even about you, should be available to me and everyone else.

If I commit a crime, I get a criminal record that the average employer joe can check. If the US does some stupid ****, it deserves to get exposed.

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

[QUOTE="p2250"][QUOTE="F1_2004"] No kidding, this makes no sense to me. F1_2004

If I commit a crime, I get a criminal record that the average employer joe can check. If the US does some stupid ****, it deserves to get exposed.

There is a difference between releasing evidence of wrong doings and just releasing massive amounts of information because you've obtained it.

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 F1_2004

[QUOTE="F1_2004"]

[QUOTE="p2250"] The average Joe may think he has a right to know everything the government knows, but he doesn't. If that's the case, then all information, even about you, should be available to me and everyone else.UnknownSniper65

There is a difference between releasing evidence of wrong doings and just releasing massive amounts of information because you've obtained it.

Wikileaks has been releasing things which can be considered as wrongdoings, and they say they're hiding individuals' identities. The releases are only harming the US government's image, and wikileaks owes no loyalty to the US government.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
There's a lot of patriotic nerds out there.F1_2004
Hackers in general don't like things being covered up they're all for openess. Sounds like it was a goverment to me however which goverment is a different matter, wikileaks publishes a whole range of documents constantly. It could also be a company wanting some info removed. The only thing that's pretty much certain is this wasn't a hacker working off his own back.
Scr00I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Scr00I
Member since 2009 • 1130 Posts

now i have access to more knowledge. yay

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I'm wondering why our special ops hasn't gone in and destroyed the archives yet.

If these documents are dangerous, like they say, they would be fully justified.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#97 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

I'm wondering why our special ops hasn't gone in and destroyed the archives yet.

If these documents are dangerous, like they say, they would be fully justified.

airshocker

I don't think wikileaks is in the US? And conducting special ops missions against citizens of foreign nations is kinda bad publicity.

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 p2250

Give me your credit card number, other people have the right to know, lol.

Or I can just hack your account, and give it to others. Others have a right to know.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#99 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]This release of wikileaks sounds quite interesting. I really need to get some of these documents.UnknownSniper65

Most of it is just over sensationalized stuff. They don't really release much that isn't common knowledge. The media just needs something to talk about for a couple of days until something else worth talking about happens.

Being able to suspect something is very different from having proof. Wikileaks is oversensationalised by the media in the sense that they most probably won't provide new incredible insights that will completely change someone's opinion about some issue but IMO it's the most important improvement to democracy that the internet has brought along. It's quite obvious that the mass media in general just doesn't do its job when it comes to digging around in the grey areas of politics and someone needs to take out the trash every once in a while. This whole 'they don't care about the consequences' BS would never have started if the US government would have accepted Wikileaks offer to work together to remove any information dangerous for individuals...
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Ace6301

Give me your credit card number, other people have the right to know, lol.

Or I can just hack your account, and give it to others. Others have a right to know.

p2250
This may shock you but a person and the Government are quite different. Shockingly enough backdoor politics is actually different than a persons private information! Amazing I know! Who would have thought that, get this, there could be such a thing as responsible government! A government who can be held accountable for their mistakes and actions, why it's almost like...that's what the US was founded on. Insanity I know.