Why are liberals so emotional and irrational?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

On the subject of emotion and irrationality:

"THIS IS **** I GOT **** BANNED FOR POSTING AN UNPOPULAR OPINION IN THE THREAD FOR **** UNPOPULAR OPINIONS YOUR **** BOARD IS A **** LIE YOU ALL **** IN YOUR MOUTHS AND ACT LIKE YOUR **** GENIUSES FOR **** DOING IT AND YOU TALK **** ABOUT MY MOM WHEN YOU **** BAN ME LIKE SOME **** **** ASS **** BECAUSE YOURE TOO MUCH A **** **** TO TALK **** TO MY FACE"

nocoolnamejim
Who posted that?

Lai
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
This forum needs libertarians that are more sagacious and cohesive than TC.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#103 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

"THIS IS **** I GOT **** BANNED FOR POSTING AN UNPOPULAR OPINION IN THE THREAD FOR **** UNPOPULAR OPINIONS YOUR **** BOARD IS A **** LIE YOU ALL **** IN YOUR MOUTHS AND ACT LIKE YOUR **** GENIUSES FOR **** DOING IT AND YOU TALK **** ABOUT MY MOM WHEN YOU **** BAN ME LIKE SOME **** **** ASS **** BECAUSE YOURE TOO MUCH A **** **** TO TALK **** TO MY FACE"

-Sun_Tzu-
Who posted that?

Lai

It seems a little emotional.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Please lay off of lai
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
Is it a nice day where you are TC? It might be nice to take a stroll.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"] Who posted that? nocoolnamejim
Lai

It seems a little emotional.

There's actually more where that came from. Unless he just did a copy paste job for the others.
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#107 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
Conservatives are exactly the same. Emotion is often used as a substitute for evidence to support a person's position. And there is a difference between someone being irrational and someone disagreeing with you. If all the people you run into truly are unable of having a rational discussion then you need to start hanging out around a higher caliber of people.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]How is someone taking responsibility for his own expenses making anything worse? What underlying issues are solved by socialized healthcare as opposed to people simply taking responsibility for their own healthcare?Laihendi

The governmental goal of providing affordable and quality healthcare to all it's citizens, not just the ones able to pay?

Question - do you also support the removal of EMTALA?

I am against hospitals being forced to provide care for anyone. Each hospital should establish its own rules for who they will or will not care for. People using hospital services without paying for them is just making healthcare more expensive for everyone else.

And not being able to pay for your expenses is not a justification for stealing from someone else.

So yes.

Wow....just when I thought you couldn't get any more selfish...
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I'd say conservatives use emotion way more. Have you watched FOX News and listened to Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity? All of them use fear tactics to get people to believe them.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

I bet Elijah Wood is a liberal.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

-Sun_Tzu-

Who posted that?

Lai

what the ****

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#112 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"] Who posted that? Abbeten

Lai

what the ****

As much as he complains about "teh liberal bias" of mods protecting him from himself by closing the most egregious of his threads, it turns out he doesn't do as well without the benign and watchful eyes of those biased individuals laying our protective hands over him at times to shield him from the inevitable results of being himself. I think it was just after he explicitly compared TDH to North Korea that things started turning particularly nasty.
osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

Well i'm a communist and i find it amazing how in some ways we agree with Libertarian but end up having a complete opposite idea on how to fix things. We both agree that the government is a armed gang of thugs. Communists want to remove the state while libertarian want to privatize everything.We communists know that privatization Leeds to plutocracy where the rich control everything and the people are at the mercy of the ruling class which never ends well. it also leads to everything being bought by the rich making the worker fight for the grums.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Abbeten"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Lai nocoolnamejim

what the ****

As much as he complains about "teh liberal bias" of mods protecting him from himself by closing the most egregious of his threads, it turns out he doesn't do as well without the benign and watchful eyes of those biased individuals laying our protective hands over him at times to shield him from the inevitable results of being himself. I think it was just after he explicitly compared TDH to North Korea that things started turning particularly nasty.

that escalated quickly

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

It's a mental illness.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#116 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

How old is the TC?

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Don't shoot me.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

How old is the TC?

jimkabrhel

Scfourteen-teen

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="Abbeten"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Lai nocoolnamejim

what the ****

Someone needs to keep, like, a chronicle of all this stuff.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Guys

Guys

Did you see what happened today?

The boy scouts are lifting their ban on gay members.

You see? The free market works. Albeit taking 12 years. But yes. It took the free market 12 years to fix something.

Now think of how long that dead body will lie rotting on the street before the free market does something.

DroidPhysX
If you have a problem with Boy Scouts then find a different organization to join or make your own. The Boy Scouts weren't harming anyone but themselves by not letting homosexuals join.

That's irrelevant to how the free market took twelve years to fix something that could have been settled in 2001.

There was nothing to fix. They didn't want homosexuals in their organization and there isn't anything wrong with that. Who they let in is their choice to make.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Laihendi

I'd say conservatives use emotion way more. Have you watched FOX News and listened to Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity? All of them use fear tactics to get people to believe them.

Aljosa23

Have you heard FDR, JFK, or Obama speak? Their speeches are always just emotional fluff. There is never anything substantial or thought provoking about them. You can point out at some guy with a microphone and a camera saying stupid stuff, but these are presidents who are renowned for their oratory skills.

@Teenaged Elijah has never publicly endorsed a politician/candidate so there is no way of knowing his political orientation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

Laihendi

Have you heard FDR, JFK, or Obama speak? Their speeches are always just emotional fluff. There is never anything substantial or thought provoking about them. You can point out at some guy with a microphone and a camera saying stupid stuff, but these are presidents who are renowned for their oratory skills.

@Teenaged Elijah has never publicly endorsed a politician/candidate so there is no way of knowing his political orientation.

You picked three popular Democratic Presidents and derided them, two of which are considered among the top Presidents. I'm not surprised. You may consider yourself a libertarian, but you are just an anti-liberal, just like most ignorant right-wingers.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] If you have a problem with Boy Scouts then find a different organization to join or make your own. The Boy Scouts weren't harming anyone but themselves by not letting homosexuals join.Laihendi
That's irrelevant to how the free market took twelve years to fix something that could have been settled in 2001.

There was nothing to fix. They didn't want homosexuals in their organization and there isn't anything wrong with that. Who they let in is their choice to make.

Oh right. I forgot that libertarians support the right to discriminate.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

jimkabrhel

You picked three popular Democratic Presidents and derided them, two of which are considered among the top Presidents. I'm not surprised. You may consider yourself a libertarian, but you are just an anti-liberal, just like most ignorant right-wingers.

The fact that those people are revered by liberals just proves what I'm saying. And they're only considered top presidents by other liberal statists like them.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] That's irrelevant to how the free market took twelve years to fix something that could have been settled in 2001.DroidPhysX

I support the right to do whatever they want with their private affairs as long as they aren't coercing anyone into doing things they don't want to do. The Boy Scouts weren't hurting anyone by not letting homosexuals in.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 DroidPhysX

>obama

>liberal

ROFL

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 -Sun_Tzu-

Laihendi
There's always a way in this day and age
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] There was nothing to fix. They didn't want homosexuals in their organization and there isn't anything wrong with that. Who they let in is their choice to make.Laihendi

I support the right to do whatever they want with their private affairs as long as they aren't coercing anyone into doing things they don't want to do. The Boy Scouts weren't hurting anyone by not letting homosexuals in.

But what if they sh!ttalk their moms?
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#129 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

I wonder if the TC shares the view other libertarians hold, like how multiculturalism is a product of liberals and how we should all be in homogenized groups.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] There was nothing to fix. They didn't want homosexuals in their organization and there isn't anything wrong with that. Who they let in is their choice to make.Laihendi

So that's a yes?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

Laihendi

*yawn* you mention three presidents, two whom Historians consider in the top 5-10 and the other that's not even Liberal. Somehow that proves all liberals are emotional and irrational. Please go away

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

-Sun_Tzu-

I have seen interviews where Elijah spoke about the Occupy movement and basically he just thinks it's good that people express their opinions. That doesn't necessarily mean he agrees with them, especially considering that he is one of the 1% himself.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

I bet Elijah Wood is a liberal.

Teenaged
http://www.thenation.com/blog/167253/occupy-wall-street-activists-respond-99-percent-spring#
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 BossPerson

he's a dirty leftist collectivist liberal

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

Aljosa23

*yawn* you mention three presidents, two whom Historians consider in the top 5-10 and the other that's not even Liberal. Somehow that proves all liberals are emotional and irrational. Please go away

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

Please tell me what FDR and JFK did that makes them among the best presidents. Both of their presidencies were disasters.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 BossPerson

and lets not even get into how much tolkien hated individualism and industry

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
I like Lai And I know he's using a wrong American definition of liberal instead of classical liberalism so I'm not offended : >
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Have you heard FDR, JFK, or Obama speak? Their speeches are always just emotional fluff. There is never anything substantial or thought provoking about them. You can point out at some guy with a microphone and a camera saying stupid stuff, but these are presidents who are renowned for their oratory skills.

Laihendi

Please tell me what FDR and JFK did that makes them among the best presidents. Both of their presidencies were disasters.

Well, when FDR took office the country was in a depression, and by the time he died... no more depression. Sounds kinda good to me.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Oh right. I forgot that libertarians support the right to discriminate. DroidPhysX

So that's a yes?

Yes people have a right to discriminate. People have a right to think, form values, and make decisions for themselves.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]

Laihendi

I have seen interviews where Elijah spoke about the Occupy movement and basically he just thinks it's good that people express their opinions. That doesn't necessarily mean he agrees with them, especially considering that he is one of the 1% himself.

This is more than him saying it's good that people express their opinions - this is him putting his name on a plan to help organize the occupy movement so they can be more effective in carrying out their political goals. And what does him being part of the 1% have to do with anything?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Laihendi

What I said wasn't fallacious. Historians are the authority in the field of HISTORY, hence it's valid. Of course you go off on another tangent.

It's not my job to teach you basic history but since you claimed they were disasters, please prove it you revisionist mouth breathing sociopath.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 BossPerson

Lai, do you know why Morgoth is so evil?

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]*yawn* you mention three presidents, two whom Historians consider in the top 5-10 and the other that's not even Liberal. Somehow that proves all liberals are emotional and irrational. Please go away

PannicAtack

Well, when FDR took office the country was in a depression, and by the time he died... no more depression. Sounds kinda good to me.

The depression just got worse for years until world war 2 started, and then once it ended there was another recession in 1945.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Laihendi

BossPerson
Because he doesn't respect the individual rights of others.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
. And what does him being part of the 1% have to do with anything? -Sun_Tzu-
Making over a set amount of money immediately makes you a conservative, duh.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 BossPerson
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

Laihendi
Because he doesn't respect the individual rights of others.

ohhhhhhhhhhh lol man fcking lol its because he doesnt respect the will of Eru. He goes his own way, searching for power on his own, creating his own music creating his own race.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#147 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

I'd say JFK advocating for and FDR putting into law various civil rights acts more then qualifies them both for being great presidents. They may not have loved black americans, but their policy changed the disgusting segregation that was denying them the opprotunity to be successful citizens.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]

Laihendi

The depression just got worse for years until world war 2 started, and then once it ended there was another recession in 1945.

Except that's wrong. The economy was recovering after around 1932.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

Aljosa23

What I said wasn't fallacious. Historians are the authority in the field of HISTORY, hence it's valid. Of course you go off on another tangent.

It's not my job to teach you basic history but since you claimed they were disasters, please prove it you revisionist mouth breathing sociopath.

Right, citing a vague nonspecific group of people as holding a consensus proves that FDR and JFK were among the best presidents. The fact that you can't even explain what was good about them proves that you don't know what you're talking about. This is just like when you say that the constitution shouldn't be followed because the people who wrote it owned slaves, and then claim you aren't making an ad hominem attack.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] I support the right to do whatever they want with their private affairs as long as they aren't coercing anyone into doing things they don't want to do. The Boy Scouts weren't hurting anyone by not letting homosexuals in.Laihendi
So that's a yes?

Yes people have a right to discriminate. People have a right to think, form values, and make decisions for themselves.

That's not what I asked. Please reread the posts and avoid fallacious arguments.