Why are liberals so emotional and irrational?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

I have been wondering this for a long time and it still does not make sense to me. Everytime I try to talk to a liberal about issues such as welfare, restrictive sex laws, restrictive gun laws, a politician he likes, etc. they always seem to get very emotional and agitated and it becomes impossible to have a calm, objective, and rational discussion.

For example I have had people say things like I don't care about children just because I am against pre-k in state schools since it is basically a babysitting service funded by tax dollars. Or when I wasn't happy about Obama being elected back in 2008 a bunch of people I knew said I was racist, including some family members even though I don't care about Obama's race at all. They all acted like we should be proud to have a black man elected president while completely ignoring the fact that he was the most unqualified president ever elected and his policies are just more statism like Bush.

These same people criticize conservatives for being "a bunch of old white guys" as if there is anything wrong with being old or white.

And then when you have someone like Ron Paul arguing against medicair and medicaid and saying you shoud just be responsible for your own medical expenses instead of having the government take your money and spend it for you, he gets accused of hating poor and old people. The things they say and believe are just very irrational.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Have you looked at yourself(elves) in the mirror?

It's a rhetorical question; don't answer.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Why do you like generalizing?

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
Since we are generalizing, why are conservative so uptight and close minded?
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
lol at Laihendi calling other people irrational
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

try watching fox and we'll see who is more emotional and irrational

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Since we are generalizing, why are conservative so uptight and close minded? Foxi911
I'll add to this by saying, how can people afford to pay huge medical bills when they are the ones in the hospital :(

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
not sure if this is trollbait or not but either way, 2 things: 1. are you capable of a rational discussion? your posting history says otherwise 2. let's not pretend that conservatives are fountains of understanding; both groups are capabe of being irrational
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts
Why are conservatives so emotional and irrational? Fixed it for you. I'm actually exaggerating, like you are. If you are basing the world on OT, you should get out more.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

This is your brain on Fox News

lKjMlUO.gif

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#12 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

lol at Laihendi calling other people irrationalchessmaster1989

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Good thread, lai
Avatar image for CongressManStan
CongressManStan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CongressManStan
Member since 2010 • 918 Posts
You're generalizing people right now. I don't understand how you can honestly believe that all liberal people are the same. Liberals are not all the same just like how conservatives are not all the same. It's naive of you to think that.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]lol at Laihendi calling other people irrationalGreySeal9

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]lol at Laihendi calling other people irrationalDJ-Lafleur

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
why are you overgeneralizing and exaggerating?
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

And then when you have someone like Ron Paul arguing against medicair and medicaid and saying you shoud just be responsible for your own medical expenses instead of having the government take your money and spend it for you, he gets accused of hating poor and old people. The things they say and believe are just very irrational.

Laihendi

Because that would be equivalent to having your house catch fire, and then dumping gasoline on it to try to put it out. It's a stupid, naive, and idiotic "solution" that would quicly erode healthcare in for the vast majority of people. Maybe he doesn't hate old/poor people, but he's either willing to let them suffer or he's just spouting off "personal liberty" talking points without actually thinking them through. Probably both.

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

Abbeten

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Don't forget about that essay
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 22Toothpicks
so is TC just going to make this thread and then scamper off? where's the fun in that...
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

Kickinurass

Because that would be equivalent to having your house catch fire, and then dumping gasoline on it to try to put it out. It's a stupid, naive, and idiotic "solution" that would quicly erode healthcare in for the vast majority of people. Maybe he doesn't hate old/poor people, but he's either willing to let them suffer or he's just spouting off "personal liberty" talking points without actually thinking them through. Probably both.

Someone taking responsibility for his own life and expenses rather than having the government steal money from people to buy stuff for others is in no way the equivalent of having your house catch on fire and dumping gasoline on it to try to put it out. That is one of the worst analogies I have ever seen.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Laihendi
Why are conservatives so emotional and irrational? Fixed it for you. I'm actually exaggerating, like you are. If you are basing the world on OT, you should get out more. jimkabrhel
Some conservatives may be irrational too but liberals tend to be much more politically active, so they are very motivated to incorporate their values into society despite not having any rational basis for them. @Dave I am not going to forget
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 22Toothpicks
[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

Laihendi

Someone taking responsibility for his own life and expenses rather than having the government steal money from people to buy stuff for others is in no way the equivalent of having your house catch on fire and dumping gasoline on it to try to put it out. That is one of the worst analogies I have ever seen.

are you implying that taxes are a form of theft?
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

You know who's irrational? Elijah Wood. I mean is the guy a hobbit, a dog, or a person? It doesn't make any sense he needs to pick a side.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

22Toothpicks

are you implying that taxes are a form of theft?

I am not implying, I am explicitly stating. Taking money from someone by force without his consent is theft.
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 22Toothpicks

You know who's irrational? Elijah Wood. I mean is the guy a hobbit, a dog, or a person? It doesn't make any sense he needs to pick a side.

TacticalDesire
lol i'm wathing the LoTR the two towers right now MAKE UP YOUR MIND DICKHEAD
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kickinurass

Someone taking responsibility for his own life and expenses rather than having the government steal money from people to buy stuff for others is in no way the equivalent of having your house catch on fire and dumping gasoline on it to try to put it out. That is one of the worst analogies I have ever seen.Laihendi

The issue is that you're only makes the problem worse. It in no way solves the underlying issues (besides being completely unreasonable at this point). Hence the analogy. Honestly, if that was Ron Paul's actual suggestion, that probably the greatest amount of idiocy I've seen expressed on the issue. I'd wager an hour of research could have avoided that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts
You really need to stop generalizing....
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts

Have you looked at yourself(elves) in the mirror?

It's a rhetorical question; don't answer.

one_plum
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

funny, I always wonder why conservatives are so irrational when I bring up the fact that we can lower abortion rates by increasing access to birth control.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Since we are generalizing, why are conservative so uptight and close minded? Foxi911

OHOHOHO,a direct hit!

My thoughts exactly!

Take your stupid,closeminded laws,and brainwashing outta here!

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 22Toothpicks

[QUOTE="Foxi911"]Since we are generalizing, why are conservative so uptight and close minded? GreekGameManiac

OHOHOHO,a direct hit!

My thoughts exactly!

Take your stupid,closeminded laws,and brainwashing outta here!

liberals are brainwashers too
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Ooh, another funny thread.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GreekGameManiac

liberals are brainwashers too22Toothpicks

*bursts into laughter*

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#38 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Honestly, that's both sides. Some people tend to get very passionate about certain issues. You can forget about having any rational discussion. They've shut down their cognitive skills long ago and just dont hear anything that is contrary to their point of view.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 22Toothpicks

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"] liberals are brainwashers tooGreekGameManiac

*bursts into laughter*

so liberals don't want others to conform to their ideas? hmmm?
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Laihendi

funny, I always wonder why conservatives are so irrational when I bring up the fact that we can lower abortion rates by increasing access to birth control.

Serraph105
There is nothing wrong with abortions and people should pay for their own birth control. Sex is a recreational activity and it is a choice. I shouldn't have to pay for someone else's birth control. If a woman wants to have sex then she should take responsibility for herself and her actions.
mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/republican/Manual.htm

I think this is the best time for this info. Judging by your threads, I see how these tactics are employed. The number one tactic is the liberal army and bomb throwing. Once you understand how a liberal thinks, they look like scripts.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 22Toothpicks
[QUOTE="Serraph105"]

Laihendi
There is nothing wrong with abortions and people should pay for their own birth control. Sex is a recreational activity and it is a choice. I shouldn't have to pay for someone else's birth control. If a woman wants to have sex then she should take responsibility for herself and her actions.

i think i may throw-up...but...i...agree with...yo*RALPH*
Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts
How come republicans are always closed-minded and irrational when it comes to...everything? See I can generalize too.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

Someone taking responsibility for his own life and expenses rather than having the government steal money from people to buy stuff for others is in no way the equivalent of having your house catch on fire and dumping gasoline on it to try to put it out. That is one of the worst analogies I have ever seen.Kickinurass

The issue is that you're only makes the problem worse. It in no way solves the underlying issues (besides being completely unreasonable at this point). Hence the analogy. Honestly, if that was Ron Paul's actual suggestion, that probably the greatest amount of idiocy I've seen expressed on the issue. I'd wager an hour of research could have avoided that.

How is someone taking responsibility for his own expenses making anything worse? What underlying issues are solved by socialized healthcare as opposed to people simply taking responsibility for their own healthcare?
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GreekGameManiac

How come republicans are always closed-minded and irrational when it comes to...everything? See I can generalize too.Moriarity_

Ikr?

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
Both sides have nutters.......
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kickinurass

How is someone taking responsibility for his own expenses making anything worse? What underlying issues are solved by socialized healthcare as opposed to people simply taking responsibility for their own healthcare?Laihendi

The governmental goal of providing affordable and quality healthcare to all it's citizens, not just the ones able to pay?

Question - do you also support the removal of EMTALA?

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]How is someone taking responsibility for his own expenses making anything worse? What underlying issues are solved by socialized healthcare as opposed to people simply taking responsibility for their own healthcare?Kickinurass

The governmental goal of providing affordable and quality healthcare to all it's citizens, not just the ones able to pay?

Question - do you also support the removal of EMTALA?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts

http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/republican/Manual.htm

I think this is the best time for this info. Judging by your threads, I see how these tactics are employed. The number one tactic is the liberal army and bomb throwing. Once you understand how a liberal thinks, they look like scripts.

mahlasor

You could switch "conservative" and "liberal" in that and it'd work almost the exact same way....