What's your take on Teen Pregnancy?

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
Slags.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]It's called responsibility, and it's something idiotic teenagers need to learn. They shouldn't just go sleeping around with people they never intend to have kids with an expect zero consequences. jimmyjammer69
Well, hang on... aren't teens who take responsibility for their actions by raising the kid attempting to do just that? A lot of people here are assuming teenagers are irresopnsible idiots just on the basis that they accidentally got pregnant and chose not to abort. Accidents can and do happen and the fact that somebody got caught up in the moment or their contraception failed. I could also make ridiculous sweeping judgements like: people who've never done anything stupid out of passion just never have the opportunity because they're too boring or ugly. But that would be ridiculous, no? Ageism FTL.

Children should not be raising children.
clubhaxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#103 clubhaxor
Member since 2005 • 2482 Posts

A girl I was friends with- went to primary and high school with (same age 19) had one girl at 15, twin boys a little later and is now pregnant again! Everyone on facebook was all saying "aww congratulations" at this news but I couldn't help it I blurted out "jesus christ :|" thinking damn girl you are a teenager with almost 4 kids, keep em closed. It's not just a little troubling it's down right disgusting.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"][QUOTE="Head_of_games"]It's called responsibility, and it's something idiotic teenagers need to learn. They shouldn't just go sleeping around with people they never intend to have kids with an expect zero consequences. Head_of_games
Well, hang on... aren't teens who take responsibility for their actions by raising the kid attempting to do just that? A lot of people here are assuming teenagers are irresopnsible idiots just on the basis that they accidentally got pregnant and chose not to abort. Accidents can and do happen and the fact that somebody got caught up in the moment or their contraception failed. I could also make ridiculous sweeping judgements like: people who've never done anything stupid out of passion just never have the opportunity because they're too boring or ugly. But that would be ridiculous, no? Ageism FTL.

Children should not be raising children.

Depends on the individual. 16 has been designated as the legal age of sexual consent in England. Granted, I wasn't too mature at 16, but family would have helped me out. People reach maturity at least partly depending on how much like adults they're treated - If you're mollycoddled, living in your parents' basement until the age of 30, you're not going to be mature enough to bring up kids. The kids that are going out and getting pregnant are often the ones who've matured earliest because they've had the toughest lives and are forced to accept the burdens they're given. You may not agree with the lifestyles of sexually active teens and you might find their parents disgusting, but calling them idiots for accepting their responsibilities when they're faced with the consequences of their actions is inconsistent and unfair.
Liam_Cardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Liam_Cardy
Member since 2009 • 143 Posts

My take is I can't believe I'm not getting any of that.... :PJazz_Fan

Giggity Giggity Goo Alright? Lol

Ive never really thought about it but i wouldnt want to be a father at age 15 being a Mother at that age would be worse i guess.

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts

A girl I was friends with- went to primary and high school with (same age 19) had one girl at 15, twin boys a little later and is now pregnant again! Everyone on facebook was all saying "aww congratulations" at this news but I couldn't help it I blurted out "jesus christ :|" thinking damn girl you are a teenager with almost 4 kids, keep em closed. It's not just a little troubling it's down right disgusting.

clubhaxor
Yeah, I've known people at my high school who're in the exact same position. Without generalising (I am, but meh) a lot seem to have this skewered view on what a baby would bring into their lives. They want stability and love, so they substitute a good relationship with a decent bloke with a baby who's dad is as reliable as a Korean missle. I agree that children shouldn't be raising children, but age is in no way a factor of how prepared someone is for parenthood. There are people in their 30s with decent jobs and qualifications who make appalling parents. At the other end of the spectrum, there are teenagers who are more mature than some adults I've met. Seeing as the only 100% method of contraception is to not have sex, some people just get unlucky.
jus2nyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#107 jus2nyce
Member since 2005 • 1574 Posts

I no have sympathy towards teen mothers. I pity them though

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

I don't respect people who have babies when they can't afford them and that includes teens and adults. If a teen has a kid, i think they should get no parental help and no help from the government. I have never seen a good teen parent because there is no teen parent who has a well paying job that can support a family. I have never seen a young parent who has not had any issues with their partner. A majority of the time, the kid ends up being just like his/her parents.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#109 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
I think more needs to be done to educate teens about sex and how to do it safely.bluezy
Even THAT wouldn't work out.
AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts

I don't respect people who have babies when they can't afford them and that includes teens and adults. If a teen has a kid, i think they should get no parental help and no help from the government. I have never seen a good teen parent because there is no teen parent who has a well paying job that can support a family. I have never seen a young parent who has not had any issues with their partner. A majority of the time, the kid ends up being just like his/her parents.

hoola
Wait, there are no good teen parents because they have no well paid jobs...so you want to deny them financial aid? :? I've never known anybody who doesn't have any issues with their partner. There are plenty of adult relationships that are just as immature as primary school relationships, as there are plenty of teen relationships that are more mature than a lot of adults. Age has no factor in a lot of cases.
lexika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 lexika
Member since 2009 • 873 Posts
Everyone at my school thinks that if you're a virgin, you're a big homo or something which annoys me because people always call me "virgin" and look down on me. Like it's so great if you sleep with six different boys in high school, what a real accomplishment. I heard the boys think the same way too, it's pathetic. The teen pregnacy is not needed in anyway but a child is most likely the price of unprotected sex. Either that or STDs, neither are fun at that age. Girls/Boys need to think before they act.
Takeshi-Lu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Takeshi-Lu
Member since 2009 • 31 Posts
Yeah i think its really stupid some girls just do it to show that they are cool, but its actually really stupid, if you watch 'Underage and Pregnant' it will show you that the girls who do get pregnant at a young age advise other not to do the same mistake as them because it isn't as easy as you think it is, it messes up the education which can affect the whole of your life because of the Jobs to provide the family with! So teens need to be careful and just enjoy their lifes. :)
clubhaxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#113 clubhaxor
Member since 2005 • 2482 Posts

[QUOTE="clubhaxor"]

AirGuitarist87

Yeah, I've known people at my high school who're in the exact same position. Without generalising (I am, but meh) a lot seem to have this skewered view on what a baby would bring into their lives. They want stability and love, so they substitute a good relationship with a decent bloke with a baby who's dad is as reliable as a Korean missle. I agree that children shouldn't be raising children, but age is in no way a factor of how prepared someone is for parenthood. There are people in their 30s with decent jobs and qualifications who make appalling parents. At the other end of the spectrum, there are teenagers who are more mature than some adults I've met. Seeing as the only 100% method of contraception is to not have sex, some people just get unlucky.

At least it's to the same father and she is still with him and I think they will get married eventually. If it was with 3 different guys it would be much much more trampy :lol:

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Good if it didn't happen as much...
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#115 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
In some days I will go with my gf to make an abortion. We both dont want a son right now.
JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts
Well being someone who found out that their cousin got knocked up at 16 (I'm suspecting that she wanted it though), I'm still the same way now, I told her off on what will happen, but she just gave me some excuses. And this girl was a smart girl too, we never thought it would happen to her. So in short, take that baby out and don't do it again, or you'll be sorry
Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#117 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts

Its a massivly over exagurated problem.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

[QUOTE="bluezy"]I think more needs to be done to educate teens about sex and how to do it safely.DeadMan1290
Even THAT wouldn't work out.

No but would help lower the rate of Teen Pregnancy.

Avatar image for deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
deactivated-60a3c754d0a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#119 deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
Member since 2002 • 9782 Posts

Teen pregnancy is a bad ending to good times :(

Our bodies and minds are ready for sex long before it becomes practical to have a child in today's social climate, buttrying to prevent teenagers from having sex is a bit like trying to stop a tidal wave with a sandbag; the inevitable is going to happen. If we really want to prevent teenage pregnancy we should be having more straight forward conversations about sex, STDs, contraceptives, and everything else... and fewer conversations about not having sex at all.

Teen sex is fricking awesome (ahem, when both parties are teens that is). Why would we want to deny our children that exceptional experience?!

Kimbo_Slyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Kimbo_Slyce
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

Wolls

You cant even spell exaggerated Captain Crunch. It is exagerated to some degree. But "massivley" and "over"? Naah....

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

[QUOTE="Wolls"]

Kimbo_Slyce

You cant even spell exaggerated Captain Crunch. It is exagerated to some degree. But "massivley" and "over"? Naah....

Oh, thee airunny