What's your take on Teen Pregnancy?

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"] Contributing to the over population of the world, raising a kid whilst unprepared, etc etcAndrew_Xavier

Every child contributes to the "overpopulation of the world" not just unplanned pregnancies. Raising a kid whilst unprepared also seems far from selfish but rather an act sacrificing your own selfish desires for the life of your child - the consequences of your actions. Lots of children are unplanned, in all walks of life. By that kind of logic, doesn't it seem more selfish to have kids when the probability of birth defects is higher and the mother has less energy?

Keeping the baby is selfish when there are financially/mentally prepared couples begging to adobt babies. Keeping the baby is the most selfish thing the girl could do.

As per higher chance of birth defects, I agree, a 16 year old does carry a SIGNIFIANCTLY higher chance of giving birth to a baby with birth defects than a 30 year old, and about on par with a post-menstral pregnancy, so it could be argued that it is selfish on that level as well.

Keeping the baby is the most selfish thing the girl could do? :| I can't work out whether you're serious or not. In your ideal world, I guess all babies should be entered into a competition and won by the richest, most mature parents. If you found out that your parents hadn't planned you, would you have thought it right for you to be given up to the wealthier, better educated family down the road simply because your parents weren't prepared?

Take a wee look at this.

(http://www.musckids.com/health_library/hrpregnant/over30.htm)

ZookGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 ZookGuy
Member since 2008 • 2340 Posts
As said previously the pregnant teens were morons. Plus there are multiple ways to not raise the child but not abort it either.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#54 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Definately sad. Shouldn't be happening as frequently as it's happening. Pregnance should only happen when two couples have their lives planned and are devoted to each other. That very rarely happens when the mother is pregnant as such a young age.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 jimmyjammer69
As said previously the pregnant teens were morons. Plus there are multiple ways to not raise the child but not abort it either.ZookGuy
My aunt (well, half aunt) had my twin cousins when she was 17 and my uncle was 21, having got pregnant at 16. She chose to have the kids and he supported her throughout. The boys are now in their early thirties and one is an engineer (as is his father) while the other is in chemical supplies. Both sons are successful, intelligent, well adjusted and healthy as are both parents. I wouldn't call the parents idiots or selfish for choosing to bring the boys up.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I have a cousin younger than me that is teen pregnant, and while I do not want to call her an idiot or moron, she definetely didn't use her brain at the time ahe had sex, especially considering the extremely tough financial problems her family has been going through.

I just think it is all just so silly, I mean, it's not that hard to resist having sex. Why can't people just use their brains and realize that having sex could result in a baby, and having a baby at a young age can result in alot of problems...

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jimmyjammer69

I have a cousin younger than me that is teen pregnant, and while I do not want to call her an idiot or moron, she definetely didn't use her brain at the time ahe had sex, especially considering the extremely tough financial problems her family has been going through.

I just think it is all just so silly, I mean, it's not that hard to resist having sex. Why can't people just use their brains and realize that having sex could result in a baby, and having a baby at a young age can result in alot of problems...

DJ-Lafleur
Well, it does largely depend on how much support the teens receive. If parents and grandparents are willing to help out and treat the child as just another member of the family, then there's no reason the young parents can't still have all the opportunities of any other teenagers. By the time the parents hit their mid thirties, the kids will be ready to leave the roost and the parents will have a chance to enjoy themselves while they're still in their prime. It can all balance.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

If you're a teen and pregnant, you're doing something wrong.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#59 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
Definately sad. Shouldn't be happening as frequently as it's happening. Pregnance should only happen when two couples have their lives planned and are devoted to each other. That very rarely happens when the mother is pregnant as such a young age.JustPlainLucas
Ahh.....now this is a fine answer. Let be break out my pipe and say: "I concur. Quite."
the_grim_reapa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 the_grim_reapa
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
ITS HORRIBLE:((
mramz88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mramz88
Member since 2009 • 183 Posts
its called an abortion kids
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Its a bad thing.
10thwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 10thwonder
Member since 2009 • 2031 Posts

Its a bad thing.MgamerBD

I agree, it would be cool if there was a way to make all girls sterile until their 18th birthday. Reminds me of that scene from the 40 Year Old Virgin "For a lack of a better word, my daughter is, dumb. How can I stop her menstrual cycle? Just for a few years."

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
[QUOTE="clayron"]First of all, I really do not care. What people do in their own lives is their business. Secondly, I never saw the big deal. People have always gotten pregnant at young ages. It just seems so forbidden, and shunned now.import_fighter1
You should care because if your paying taxes, you're supporting a majority of those kids.

Evidence?
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#65 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

It depends on the person really. I know a couple people who I know will always have a hard time because of when they got pregnant, but some one else i know who just had a baby seems to have everything falling in to place perfectly.

If schools would stop this abstinence only BS we could really be doing something to prevent it, though.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#66 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

People who have babies while in their teens are idiots. Their life, unless they are rich idiots, will be effectively ruined. There is always adoption, or abortion, but that is hardly the point.super_mario_128
Don't generalize. Some people are able to keep their lives together, go to school and provide a good life for themselves and their kids.

Mr_Leonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Mr_Leonis
Member since 2007 • 4615 Posts
Improper planning. :roll:
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
It's sad, I guess, but I don't have any sympathy for people who are that careless. I don't feel bad for them at all. I mostly feel bad for the children (that is, if they decide to keep the babies).
Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#69 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts

I feel bad for them, but it's their fault for not wrapping it up

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
I think more needs to be done to educate teens about sex and how to do it safely.bluezy
im sure this show is doing the opposite
Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

I can sympathize but it is their fault for being idiots and not knowing the word "control", their fault for doing teenage sex. I'm pretty sure a lot of them were educated not to have sex at a young age by their parents but just like any kid they disobey and that is the consequence they get for their stupidity. What did they get? Some amount of pleasure maybe but at what price? A kid to look after, the shame to live with (especially if the family is well respected, a social stigma and most of the time the guy leaves the girl to fend for the kid.

If its anything, I can't stand teenage pregnancy/sex, they were already educated by the school (unless they were sleeping in class) and their parents (unless the parents are idiots themselves) and yet they put emotional thinking (the need to "love" or "have fun") in front of logical thinking. I pity their plight but I scorn their stupidity.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
how can one have a take on it? i dont care for it
bird-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 bird-man
Member since 2005 • 575 Posts
I find teenage pregnancy to be hilarious, nex to racism, drug abuse, and suicide.
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

Well if the girl is has a steady job to support herself and a decent job then let them do as they please. My cousin is 20 and he has a baby and they are doing well. People make mistakes and I understand that. Now intentional pregnancy where both teens have no job/money the baby should be forcefully taken away and put in adoption and at most be given visitation rights.

hedden93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 hedden93
Member since 2009 • 5496 Posts

I knew a 16 yr old girl that got pregnant. I think see moved or went to another school or something cause i haven't seen her in forever.

hobo290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#76 hobo290
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts
First of all, I really do not care. What people do in their own lives is their business. Secondly, I never saw the big deal. People have always gotten pregnant at young ages. It just seems so forbidden, and shunned now.clayron
Me too.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

I know a few girls who have had babies early in life. One who's been pregnant 3 times, and had one abortion, and two miscarriages. All from the same guy, who every time she got pregnant, he told her he'd leave her.

I watch 16 and pregnant and Underage and Pregnant (british version of that, they say on there that tons of british girls get pregnant every year) and I think some of the kids on there are so pathetic it's not even funny. Like one girl, just cuts off contact with her long term bf because he knocked her up. That baby now has zero dad. She didn't even tell him she was pregnant with his kid, she just quit talking to him. Then there was twins on one, the first one got knocked up and didnt tell her twin, so she wanted attention and went out and got pregnant too.

Stupidity makes for good entertainment, but really, this is why we need better sex ed. My doctor won't even give me proper facts on my own birth control pills, I had to go find crap out myself. Terrible IMO.

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts
I think that 96% of the time the 'mother' is a moron. While unfortunate, it serves as a sobering lesson on why not to be a moron.FragStains
Either that, or it teaches you how to use the situation to get money by creating a reality show about it, or how to sucessfully hide a body... Just kidding about the second one.
XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

I think its sad, the girl basically just ruined her life and now has to take care of another life and doesn't have the first clue about it.

Thats why I think Abortion doctors aren't baby killers they're life un-ruiners.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#80 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
It's disgusting...
starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#81 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

A-bor-tion. It's widely accepted as a method of termination for an unwanted fetus.

If their personal religious or moral beliefs forbid them from doing so, then unprotected sex probably isn't for them.

I KNOW I'm not ready to have kids. If I ever get a girlfriend (again) I'm going to make sure she's ok with abortion before we start entertaining thoughts about sex.

When I'm all ready to have kids then abortion probably won't be an issue anymore.

I don't pity kids that get pregnant at that age unless it was brought about by rape or incest. If you gave consent to sex and got pregnant then live with your problem. Just don't put your problems on me by making me raise your kid by taking money out of my taxes for DHS services.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
If I ever get a girlfriend (again) I'm going to make sure she's ok with abortion before we start entertaining thoughts about sex.starfox15
I sincerely hope you don't mean that you won't use any form of contraception and if she gets pregnant you expect her to abort it.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

It's their fault, and I honestly can't care less about them.. So I don't really have a take on it.

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#84 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

[QUOTE="starfox15"] If I ever get a girlfriend (again) I'm going to make sure she's ok with abortion before we start entertaining thoughts about sex.XilePrincess
I sincerely hope you don't mean that you won't use any form of contraception and if she gets pregnant you expect her to abort it.

No. I'll do everything in my power to keep pregnancy from happening until I'm ready. Condoms basically. But if it comes down to abortion, I need to know she's ok with it.

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
Depends on whether we're talking 14 or 19. Massive difference. Personally, I don't think people should be having kids before they're 18. I wouldn't even consider starting a family until I'm settled down with my partner and have a house, car and a steady income. Which probably won't be much before I'm 30.
monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#86 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
yep i have known people, all i can say is you should have thought about it well before you even considered it
AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts
A-bor-tion. It's widely accepted as a method of termination for an unwanted fetus.starfox15
It's accepted as in that's probably the safest choice for terminating a pregnancy, but it certainly isn't "widely accepted" morally.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#88 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I am just shocked at how people manage to ruin their lives at such a young age.

shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#89 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

[QUOTE="clayron"]First of all, I really do not care. What people do in their own lives is their business. Secondly, I never saw the big deal. People have always gotten pregnant at young ages. It just seems so forbidden, and shunned now.FragStains
Forbidden now? 50 years ago parents would disown their daughter if she came home pregnant at 15. Now, most parents become live-in babysitters for them.

I agree. They have gone soft now-a-days.

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#90 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

Having a child so young is simply a bad choice and could end with disaster. Considering that so early on, most teenagers are still in school and thinking about the future, which could divert attention from the duties of being a parent. It is indeed sad to see teenagers that are possibly ruining their desired future because of a simple "mistake" (circumstance may vary). Bottom line, every potential parent has to judge when they are fit to be parents, and the simple fact is that most teenagers don't have what it takes to be responsible parents.

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#92 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

if the blacks and the mexicans wanna do it, let em do itStaRzeG

Lets hope your kidding there. Otherwise.....wow.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 jimmyjammer69

if the blacks and the mexicans wanna do it, let em do itStaRzeG
If you really are as racist as it would seem then consider this: some minority culltures within another country are expanding rapidly because they don't have the same limits on sexuality being strictly monogomous or kept within marriage. Conservative attitudes towards sex and child bearing is what has led to a stagnant national population growth rate and an ageing population in much of the Western world.

People call China's past policy of limiting number of children per couple "Orwellian" and "totalitarian" and yet the same people are quite happy to dictate when they think another person shouldn't have children and what good grounds for bringing up a child are. Opposing child bearing and promoting abortion on the basis of economic factors is not a million miles away from that Chinese national policy everyone's so quick to criticise.

EvilSteveo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 EvilSteveo
Member since 2008 • 1995 Posts

I was watching this show about girls who get pregnant really early and how it must feel to give up your own childhood because you give into peer-pressure or something. Honestly raising a kid is not an easy job for women so girls who are like 15/16 really take up a HUGE challenge by getting pregnant so early, I feel sorry for the parents of such kids since the pressure is obviously on them as well to provide for the kid as well as the their on child who has abruptly become a mother.

I know having a child is one of the best things that could happen to a couple but having it so early is just plain stupid, especially if you become pregnant accidentally, well I wouldn't really call it an accident since it's pretty obvious what would happen if you don't use protection. Here in the UK I have noticed that a lot of teens get pregnant, like a lot. I don't see why one is not more careful because you would need to give up your own childhood at that age, really sad :(

So whats your take OT? and do you know anyone who is at the age of 14,15 or 16 ad are pregnant?

Swift_Boss_A

Hot

Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#95 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
I think teens who have babies are idiots who don't think of the consequences of their actions in the long run,and wreck their lives without a second's thought.
Avatar image for deactivated-60f8966fb59f5
deactivated-60f8966fb59f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-60f8966fb59f5
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts
its called an abortion kidsmramz88
Sure, let's have a way not to pay for our mistakes.
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

Teen Pregnancy is no necessary. It would be necessary if our life spans were shorter but since they aren't.. it's just stupid.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#98 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

I think it's really unfortunate. I'd hate to be put in their situation.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
It's called responsibility, and it's something idiotic teenagers need to learn. They shouldn't just go sleeping around with people they never intend to have kids with an expect zero consequences.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 jimmyjammer69
It's called responsibility, and it's something idiotic teenagers need to learn. They shouldn't just go sleeping around with people they never intend to have kids with an expect zero consequences. Head_of_games
Well, hang on... aren't teens who take responsibility for their actions by raising the kid attempting to do just that? A lot of people here are assuming teenagers are irresopnsible idiots just on the basis that they accidentally got pregnant and chose not to abort. Accidents can and do happen and the fact that somebody got caught up in the moment or their contraception failed. I could also make ridiculous sweeping judgements like: people who've never done anything stupid out of passion just never have the opportunity because they're too boring or ugly. But that would be ridiculous, no? Ageism FTL.