The One Major Flaw of Christianity

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackldragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351 blackldragon
Member since 2005 • 1540 Posts
You would think this thread would have died by now. :?
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#352 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
[QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

i think the one flaw is that they only follow certain parts of the bible that fit them and take out the ones they dont' like. You can't pick and choose when its the word of God. Its either believe in it all or don't believe in it at all.

SilentFireX

Give an example of this.

The bible was edited you know. Read the DaVinci code.

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 mig_killer2
Member since 2007 • 4906 Posts
[QUOTE="SilentFireX"][QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

i think the one flaw is that they only follow certain parts of the bible that fit them and take out the ones they dont' like. You can't pick and choose when its the word of God. Its either believe in it all or don't believe in it at all.

turgore

Give an example of this.

how about YOU tell US
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

turgore

You're using a novel as evidence?:|

XBebop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 XBebop
Member since 2003 • 1414 Posts
As an agnostic and former Catholic, I can say that I just don't like Catholicism. I'm all for people being Christians, but only if they go by what Jesus actually taught to people. Jesus taught tolerence, peace, and love. The more actual Christians out there, the better. But for now, i'll go about what I think is right. I don't want the Church telling me, as it seems I have more common sense than it does.
stevendiep_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#356 stevendiep_100
Member since 2004 • 2193 Posts
oh my god, how dare you, how dare you say this, how dare you. jesus is your savior, if you do not worship thy god he shall smite you and you will spend eternity in hell buring while satan laughs at you, how dare you say this, how dare you.
TongHua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 TongHua
Member since 2007 • 2929 Posts
[QUOTE="Decessus"]

[QUOTE="mig_killer2"] would you rather be some sort of robot or a free thinking creature?Silver_Dragon17

What I want is irrelevant. If God created human beings with the capacity to do evil, then it cannot be said God is omnibenevolent.

As long as free will exists, then the capacity to do evil exists. If free will doesn't exist, then God is a dictator.

Do you have children, Decessus?

But as you know, god is omnipotent. Therefore, god can find a way to do both at the same time. Nothing is impossible in the sight of god.

dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#358 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts

I think you'll find there are several major flaws in Christianity. The main one being God doesn't exist.

-MuadDib-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 -MuadDib-
Member since 2003 • 5078 Posts

So, free will in the context of Christianity seems pretty bogus to me.

Let's say that free will does exist.

In one case, everyone has free will, and by it's nature free will would function in the same manner for everyone. In other words, free will would be a constant for all of Humanity. If this is the case, then two identical people born in the exact same circumstances (let's say in parallel universes for the sake of argument) would make the exact same choices. In different circumstances, however, the two men, even if they were exact copies of each other, would take different paths. Therefore, the paths they take are ultimately decided by their environment. Not their "free will."

In another case, everyone has free will, but by some natural tendency, uses it differently from each other. For example, take two men that are exact copies of each other except that they use their "free will" differently (if that even makes sense). Placed into the same exact circumstances, they would make different choices. However, the choices would still be a direct result of their inherent nature. If God created them, then it's His fault that they are inherently different and that one chooses right and the other doesn't.

With all of this in mind, the idea of God judging someone based on a choice that they make in life seems rather unfair. Whichever way you look at it, that choice is out of the control of the person in question.

I don't know how well these arguments really hold up, as it's just something I've thought about and never formally researched, but I'd love to hear some opinions.

Anamosa41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 Anamosa41
Member since 2006 • 3594 Posts
[QUOTE="Decessus"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

God did not create evil.

1) Evil is...intentions and intentional acts (both being 'acts' or 'personally directed events' and not 'things') of intelligent agents, that violate the God-derived principles of love, fairness, or loyalty.

(2) No, 'acts' and 'events' are not 'made'--they are 'done'. God made and created'things' and 'agents', not their 'acts' or 'events'...He 'did' His own 'acts' (of course), but other agents 'do' their own 'acts'. So God did not 'make evil' (the phrase is meaningless and nonsensical)

And, read this on that verse.

Silver_Dragon17

Then wouldn't it be appropriate to say that God created human beings with the capacity to do evil?

I don't know. Perhaps He thought He gave us sense enough to figure that out.

Possibly.
OptimusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 OptimusLupus
Member since 2005 • 1323 Posts
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

God did not create evil.

1) Evil is...intentions and intentional acts (both being 'acts' or 'personally directed events' and not 'things') of intelligent agents, that violate the God-derived principles of love, fairness, or loyalty.

(2) No, 'acts' and 'events' are not 'made'--they are 'done'. God made and created 'things' and 'agents', not their 'acts' or 'events'...He 'did' His own 'acts' (of course), but other agents 'do' their own 'acts'. So God did not 'make evil' (the phrase is meaningless and nonsensical)

Decessus

Then wouldn't it be appropriate to say that God created human beings with the capacity to do evil?

Please, Never give a definition of good and evil again. Because you have no grounds on to which you can call something good or evil. For the Metric yard measures length, and as the gram measures weight, and as Kelvin measures temperature---WE HAVE NO MEASUREMENT SYSTEM TO DETERMINE WHAT IS GOOD AND WHAT IS EVIL. THERE IS NO GROUNDS BY WHICH WE CAN DETERMINE THESE THINGS. It is beyond our highest possibile wisdom. So please, do not try and define these things ignorantly of any kind of order or logic EVER again.

OptimusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 OptimusLupus
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

God did not create evil.

(2) No, 'acts' and 'events' are not 'made'--they are 'done'. God made and created 'things' and 'agents', not their 'acts' or 'events'...He 'did' His own 'acts' (of course), but other agents 'do' their own 'acts'. So God did not 'make evil' (the phrase is meaningless and nonsensical)

Decessus

Please, Never give a definition of good and evil again. Because you have no grounds on to which you can call something good or evil. For the Metric yard measures length, and as the gram measures weight, and as Kelvin measures temperature---WE HAVE NO MEASUREMENT SYSTEM TO DETERMINE WHAT IS GOOD AND WHAT IS EVIL. THERE IS NO GROUNDS BY WHICH WE CAN DETERMINE THESE THINGS. It is beyond our highest possibile wisdom. So please, do not try and define these things ignorantly of any kind of order or logic EVER again.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#363 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts

turgore

Give an example of this.

talk about a pile of crap!

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 battlefront23
I don't believe we have free will. I'm a Calvinist *flame shield up*
OptimusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 OptimusLupus
[QUOTE="turgore"][QUOTE="SilentFireX"][QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

battlefront23

Give an example of this.

ROFL DID HE JUST SAY READ THE DAVINCI CODE!!?!!?!?!?!?! ROFL

Read something worth your while, try um...idk something uhhh y'know-intelligible.

And yes you shouldn't pick and choose the words of God you wish to follow if you are a christian. I recall one verse i might have to look up exactly, but it states that disobedient children should be stoned to death. Gogogogogoggo christians, next time your bad kid knocks down a rack of cloths in JC penny after you told him/her to stay out from under it--STONE THEM PLX KTHX BAI.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="turgore"][QUOTE="SilentFireX"][QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

OptimusLupus

Give an example of this.

Read something worth your while, try um...idk something uhhh y'know-intelligible.

And yes you shouldn't pick and choose the words of God you wish to follow if you are a christian. I recall one verse i might have to look up exactly, but it states that disobedient children should be stoned to death. Gogogogogoggo christians, next time your bad kid knocks down a rack of cloths in JC penny after you told him/her to stay out from under it--STONE THEM PLX KTHX BAI.

not a Christian? just a guess :P

OptimusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 OptimusLupus
[QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="turgore"][QUOTE="SilentFireX"][QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

battlefront23

Give an example of this.

Um, bad guess. I read and research all religions, im not a "christian" or "buddist" or GOD FORID(lol) "Atheist". But it is extremely ignorant to only acknowledge some ideas and black other out. This is the one, and only flaw of religion. Its almost like people argue over religion likes its their favorite football team, or their favorite console. Please, learn to open up more and reason-Think. Don't be retarded, and please do not try and convert people. Everyone this ignorant should sit down and go read a nice book of ancient western philosophy in my opinion. You will learn something, you will learn that you really don't know anything especially of acts that are "good" or "bad" and that you should respect your fellow man to the highest degree, no mater what he does or believes.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="turgore"][QUOTE="SilentFireX"][QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

OptimusLupus

Give an example of this.

Um, bad guess. I read and research all religions, im not a "christian" or "buddist" or GOD FORID(lol) "Atheist". But it is extremely ignorant to only acknowledge some ideas and black other out. This is the one, and only flaw of religion. Its almost like people argue over religion likes its their favorite football team, or their favorite console. Please, learn to open up more and reason-Think. Don't be retarded, and please do not try and convert people. Everyone this ignorant should sit down and go read a nice book of ancient western philosophy in my opinion. You will learn something, you will learn that you really don't know anything especially of acts that are "good" or "bad" and that you should respect your fellow man to the highest degree, no mater what he does or believes.

Actually I have opened to other ideals and I'm far from ignorant; I've questioned God many, many times. In matters like these, I think faith is the main thing to apply here. In Atheism, (and no I'm not syaing you're an atheist just syaing as a matter of fact) they base more of their stuff on faith then we do. I'm wondering something; so what exactly do you belive in?

geraldwillkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#369 geraldwillkill
Member since 2005 • 1134 Posts

I don't believe we have free will. I'm a Calvinist *flame shield up*battlefront23

oh dont you guys believe that god knows whos saved and whose damned? Thats cool that your fate is chosen and you dont know it! It kind of answers my questions on god!

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 battlefront23

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]I don't believe we have free will. I'm a Calvinist *flame shield up*geraldwillkill

oh dont you guys believe that god knows whos saved and whose damned? Thats cool that your fate is chosen and you dont know it! It kind of answers my questions on god!

God has the ultimate power to do whatever the heck he wants! We should be lucky he lets anyone go to heaven! Nowone deserves it! It may seem unfair, but God is in control and I'm not, so I'm happy.

OptimusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 OptimusLupus
[QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="turgore"][QUOTE="SilentFireX"][QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

battlefront23

Give an example of this.

Um, bad guess. I read and research all religions, im not a "christian" or "buddist" or GOD FORID(lol) "Atheist". But it is extremely ignorant to only acknowledge some ideas and black other out. This is the one, and only flaw of religion. Its almost like people argue over religion likes its their favorite football team, or their favorite console. Please, learn to open up more and reason-Think. Don't be retarded, and please do not try and convert people. Everyone thisignorant(EDIT:IDIOTIC) should sit down and go read a nice book of ancient western philosophy in my opinion. You will learn something, you will learn that you really don't know anything especially of acts that are "good" or "bad" and that you should respect your fellow man to the highest degree, no mater what he does or believes.

Actually I have opened to other ideals and I'm far from ignorant; I've questioned God many, many times. In matters like these, I think faith is the main thing to apply here. In Atheism, (and no I'm not syaing you're an atheist just syaing as a matter of fact) they base more of their stuff on faith then we do. I'm wondering something; so what exactly do you belive in?

I believe in reason. And I would like to say right now I am ignorant, but knowledgable of what I do know. Many people, Think they know that of which they do not know--This is idiocy. So i shall edit what i stated earlier with the term idiocy. People sit and argue over things by which they THINK they know what they are talking about-but they have no means to measure some of these things. Examples--Origin, Good, bad, life, love, happiness. But i know-I know what I am ignorant of, i KNOW that i DON"T KNOW what these things really are. Thats what makes me different from other people. I recognize my ignorance. While other people embrace their ignorance as knowledge, and parade themselves as fools-speaking of things such as faith or giving examples of good or bad without any system of measurement for good or bad.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="turgore"][QUOTE="SilentFireX"][QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

OptimusLupus

Give an example of this.

Um, bad guess. I read and research all religions, im not a "christian" or "buddist" or GOD FORID(lol) "Atheist". But it is extremely ignorant to only acknowledge some ideas and black other out. This is the one, and only flaw of religion. Its almost like people argue over religion likes its their favorite football team, or their favorite console. Please, learn to open up more and reason-Think. Don't be retarded, and please do not try and convert people. Everyone thisignorant(EDIT:IDIOTIC) should sit down and go read a nice book of ancient western philosophy in my opinion. You will learn something, you will learn that you really don't know anything especially of acts that are "good" or "bad" and that you should respect your fellow man to the highest degree, no mater what he does or believes.

I believe in reason. And I would like to say right now I am ignorant, but knowledgable of what I do know. Many people, Think they know that of which they do not know--This is idiocy. So i shall edit what i stated earlier with the term idiocy. People sit and argue over things by which they THINK they know what they are talking about-but they have no means to measure some of these things. Examples--Origin, Good, bad, life, love, happiness. But i know-I know what I am ignorant of, i KNOW that i DON"T KNOW what these things really are. Thats what makes me different from other people. I recognize my ignorance. While other people embrace their ignorance as knowledge, and parade themselves as fools-speaking of things such as faith or giving examples of good or bad without any system of measurement for good or bad.

And I applaud you for that. Now you should applaud me for saying this "I don't know everything; but God does! :)

OptimusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 OptimusLupus
[QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="turgore"][QUOTE="SilentFireX"][QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

battlefront23

Give an example of this.

And I applaud you for that. Now you should applaud me for saying this "I don't know everything; but God does! :)

Ok, What proof do you have of this God. Show me to this all knowing being so that i might learn about Origin, good, bad, life, love, and happiness. Please, direct me in the way of this for i wish to talk to him-Show me your hard evidence of this being and the proof that he knows more than I do. Then i will say that.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="turgore"][QUOTE="SilentFireX"][QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

OptimusLupus

Give an example of this.

Ok, What proof do you have of this God. Show me to this all knowing being so that i might learn about Origin, good, bad, life, love, and happiness. Please, direct me in the way of this for i wish to talk to him-Show me your hard evidence of this being and the proof that he knows more than I do. Then i will say that.

Well let me ask you something; do you (as of right now) believe in a higher power orthat the world just magically started from nothing? oh yeah dude after this we should stop the quotes! :P

OptimusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 OptimusLupus
[QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="OptimusLupus"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="turgore"][QUOTE="SilentFireX"][QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

battlefront23

Give an example of this.

Well let me ask you something; do you (as of right now) believe in a higher power orthat the world just magically started from nothing? oh yeah dude after this we should stop the quotes! :P

Good Question and i shall ponder and respond as deeply as I can--This is what i came up with.

Being Most REASONABLY had no comming into existence.

There are 2 possible ways something could come into existence IF it could. 1.IT came from Something 2. It came from nothing.

BEING cannot come from BEING that is retarded. Its like saying that you have being-being-being-being-being infinitly in all directions. Thats the exact same thing as saying x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x so i ask this-Why not just say that there is x? need you repeat yourself in this way? Just simply state that there is BEING-it can't come from that which it is because it already IS.

So #1 is a no it seems.

Being cannot come from nothing, because to since it IS it was and always will be as was stated above. Meaning that NOTHING would once have had to be--and since being IS then nothing could not have once been. For it is Nothing. Please excuse my notation as it may confuse perhaps i might clear things up just a little. Can a person even begin to think about "nothing!"? The verb "to hit" implies that i must actually come in contact with something if i am not hitting---Therefore "to think" i must be pondering something that IS--for to think about nothing....means you are not thinking. So ever to reference nothing or NOT! is mere idiocy. To even try and reason that being came from NOTHING!!?! not only are you not thinking but you are saying that the totality of being came from NOTHING that means that 0=1=x???? WTFUX? This has no reason.

So it seems that being cannot come from nothing #2 is also dead.---I guess i must conclude that being is a timeless existence.

I apologize for my use of the words not or nothing--i had to use them, it is the mere paradox of language, i had no other words to thoroughly convey my thoughts. Language is flawed.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 battlefront23
Well the good thing is you're pondering it... you're at least admitting that you don't know for sure... The main reason I stay with Christianity, is it throws me... Honestly how can something come from nothing? I think in the Bible thats why God says numerous times that he was here before time began. ((talk about crazy to wrap your mind around) And also logically coming from monkeys and coming from a man who wrote it, Atheism is hard to believe in. And I know what youre going to say "so was the Bible" but anyway God inspired the writers. Thats why when you look at all the old manusripts compared to the new ones... there are almost no differences... but with atheisism its ALWAYS seeming to change. And if you honestly want the final blow to atheism its the laws of logic.
OptimusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 OptimusLupus

Well the good thing is you're pondering it... you're at least admitting that you don't know for sure... The main reason I stay with Christianity, is it throws me... Honestly how can something come from nothing? I think in the Bible thats why God says numerous times that he was here before time began. ((talk about crazy to wrap your mind around) And also logically coming from monkeys and coming from a man who wrote it, Atheism is hard to believe in. And I know what youre going to say "so was the Bible" but anyway God inspired the writers. Thats why when you look at all the old manusripts compared to the new ones... there are almost no differences... but with atheisism its ALWAYS seeming to change. And if you honestly want the final blow to atheism its the laws of logic.battlefront23

Well god is Real correct? i assume you believe so--this would go with my above statement saying that to be real is to be period. So that we could not come from being directly-we are being, we are God, god is us, i am you, and you i. For we have no differences, God is and so am i-therefore we are the same. In this case who is to say god made us? or to the atheist who is to say that we made god? If you noticed i uncapitolized god halfway through this.

TongHua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 TongHua
Member since 2007 • 2929 Posts

Well the good thing is you're pondering it... you're at least admitting that you don't know for sure... The main reason I stay with Christianity, is it throws me... Honestly how can something come from nothing? I think in the Bible thats why God says numerous times that he was here before time began. ((talk about crazy to wrap your mind around) And also logically coming from monkeys and coming from a man who wrote it, Atheism is hard to believe in. And I know what youre going to say "so was the Bible" but anyway God inspired the writers. Thats why when you look at all the old manusripts compared to the new ones... there are almost no differences... but with atheisism its ALWAYS seeming to change. And if you honestly want the final blow to atheism its the laws of logic.battlefront23

Have you ever taken a look at god's doings? thousands of years ago, this guy was freakin blowing up entire civilizations and turning people into pillars of salt. And yet, ever so coincidentally, as long as reliable records have existed, god has done absolutely nothing. He's said nothing, he's done pretty much nothing. Is this not suspicious? Is it also not suspicious god has not sent down more of his words through his believers?

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#379 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts
Let me get this straight...if I do not accept Jesus as my savior and Lord, I cannot get into Heaven?
Kalel559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -8

#380 Kalel559
Member since 2003 • 9621 Posts
Let me get this straight...if I do not accept Jesus as my savior and Lord, I cannot get into Heaven?The_Ish
If you don't accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour why do you even want to go to heaven anyways?
CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts

turgore

Give an example of this.

Look on the back cover. At the top it says 'Fiction.'
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 battlefront23

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]Well the good thing is you're pondering it... you're at least admitting that you don't know for sure... The main reason I stay with Christianity, is it throws me... Honestly how can something come from nothing? I think in the Bible thats why God says numerous times that he was here before time began. ((talk about crazy to wrap your mind around) And also logically coming from monkeys and coming from a man who wrote it, Atheism is hard to believe in. And I know what youre going to say "so was the Bible" but anyway God inspired the writers. Thats why when you look at all the old manusripts compared to the new ones... there are almost no differences... but with atheisism its ALWAYS seeming to change. And if you honestly want the final blow to atheism its the laws of logic.TongHua

Have you ever taken a look at god's doings? thousands of years ago, this guy was freakin blowing up entire civilizations and turning people into pillars of salt. And yet, ever so coincidentally, as long as reliable records have existed, god has done absolutely nothing. He's said nothing, he's done pretty much nothing. Is this not suspicious? Is it also not suspicious god has not sent down more of his words through his believers?

how come every civiliaztion thats ever risen to power, ever conquered, ever sweared the fealty of thousands of people, all have seem to be crushed. I wonder why this is? Because God destroyed them for their evil and their sins. And also, any good historian should wonder, why do you think God made Hitler hate the communists? So that we wouldn't be under a Soviet-Nazi flag. Why when a million Persians descedn upon the 300 Spartans? God used Greece to crush the Persians, used the Romans to crush the Greeks, and made germania barbarians be able to break through the Roman hold? All because of the sins of the people of the empire. And I also wouldn't be suprised of us Americans got wiped out also for our sins.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#383 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Ish"]Let me get this straight...if I do not accept Jesus as my savior and Lord, I cannot get into Heaven?Kalel559
If you don't accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour why do you even want to go to heaven anyways?

Because I want to learn and that does not answer my question. :|

Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
[QUOTE="DrummerJon"]

[QUOTE="manic626"]
However,someone who lives a just and moral life and does things to help out in society will still end up in hell if he does not believe in Jesus Christ.Silver_Dragon17

but you are correct, good people who dont believe in christ go to hell even SilverD doesn't deny that. So Buddha and Gandhi and I will be able to have a poker game in hell! yey!

No, I don't deny that. And yes, I think Gandhi is in Hell. However, Hell has varying degrees of punishment. A "good" person who goes to hell will not have as hard a time as a "bad" person.

whats the point of free will if you get punished for excersising it? God shoulda just made us mindless drones like angels instead of saying "hey, you get to chose, but if you dont chose wat i tell you to, you are screwed! enjoy your free will!"

DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 DrummerJon
Member since 2004 • 9668 Posts

CptJSparrow

Give an example of this.

Yea daVinci code isn't exactly a "source". but it is true the bibe was slightly edited through translations and such things. they even took out entire gospels some think. Oh Catholic church, what CAN'T you censor.
DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 DrummerJon
Member since 2004 • 9668 Posts
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="DrummerJon"]

[QUOTE="manic626"]
However,someone who lives a just and moral life and does things to help out in society will still end up in hell if he does not believe in Jesus Christ.Viviath

but you are correct, good people who dont believe in christ go to hell even SilverD doesn't deny that. So Buddha and Gandhi and I will be able to have a poker game in hell! yey!

No, I don't deny that. And yes, I think Gandhi is in Hell. However, Hell has varying degrees of punishment. A "good" person who goes to hell will not have as hard a time as a "bad" person.

whats the point of free will if you get punished for excersising it? God shoulda just made us mindless drones like angels instead of saying "hey, you get to chose, but if you dont chose wat i tell you to, you are screwed! enjoy your free will!"

"PS I'm not giving you any hints, you have to figure it out from sketchy people who wrote about these stories hundreds of years after the fact"
miracleriver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 miracleriver
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts
[QUOTE="TongHua"]

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]Well the good thing is you're pondering it... you're at least admitting that you don't know for sure... The main reason I stay with Christianity, is it throws me... Honestly how can something come from nothing? I think in the Bible thats why God says numerous times that he was here before time began. ((talk about crazy to wrap your mind around) And also logically coming from monkeys and coming from a man who wrote it, Atheism is hard to believe in. And I know what youre going to say "so was the Bible" but anyway God inspired the writers. Thats why when you look at all the old manusripts compared to the new ones... there are almost no differences... but with atheisism its ALWAYS seeming to change. And if you honestly want the final blow to atheism its the laws of logic.battlefront23

how come every civiliaztion thats ever risen to power, ever conquered, ever sweared the fealty of thousands of people, all have seem to be crushed. I wonder why this is? Because God destroyed them for their evil and their sins. And also, any good historian should wonder, why do you think God made Hitler hate the communists? So that we wouldn't be under a Soviet-Nazi flag. Why when a million Persians descedn upon the 300 Spartans? God used Greece to crush the Persians, used the Romans to crush the Greeks, and made germania barbarians be able to break through the Roman hold? All because of the sins of the people of the empire. And I also wouldn't be suprised of us Americans got wiped out also for our sins.

I think I just lost several IQ points from reading that post

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
[QUOTE="TongHua"]

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]Well the good thing is you're pondering it... you're at least admitting that you don't know for sure... The main reason I stay with Christianity, is it throws me... Honestly how can something come from nothing? I think in the Bible thats why God says numerous times that he was here before time began. ((talk about crazy to wrap your mind around) And also logically coming from monkeys and coming from a man who wrote it, Atheism is hard to believe in. And I know what youre going to say "so was the Bible" but anyway God inspired the writers. Thats why when you look at all the old manusripts compared to the new ones... there are almost no differences... but with atheisism its ALWAYS seeming to change. And if you honestly want the final blow to atheism its the laws of logic.battlefront23

You're making quite a few assumptions....
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="TongHua"]

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]Well the good thing is you're pondering it... you're at least admitting that you don't know for sure... The main reason I stay with Christianity, is it throws me... Honestly how can something come from nothing? I think in the Bible thats why God says numerous times that he was here before time began. ((talk about crazy to wrap your mind around) And also logically coming from monkeys and coming from a man who wrote it, Atheism is hard to believe in. And I know what youre going to say "so was the Bible" but anyway God inspired the writers. Thats why when you look at all the old manusripts compared to the new ones... there are almost no differences... but with atheisism its ALWAYS seeming to change. And if you honestly want the final blow to atheism its the laws of logic.yoshi-lnex

You're making quite a few assumptions....

like what

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 mig_killer2
Member since 2007 • 4906 Posts

CptJSparrow

Give an example of this.

:lol: owned
Avatar image for Silver_Dragon17
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 Silver_Dragon17
Member since 2007 • 6205 Posts
[QUOTE="turgore"]

CptJSparrow

Sig'd.

Avatar image for Lord__Darkstorn
Lord__Darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 Lord__Darkstorn
Member since 2007 • 2031 Posts
there are more than one major flaws of that religion...
Avatar image for Silver_Dragon17
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 Silver_Dragon17
Member since 2007 • 6205 Posts

there are more than one major flaws of that religion...Lord__Darkstorn

Such as. . .?

Avatar image for Agustin_Barrios
Agustin_Barrios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 Agustin_Barrios
Member since 2007 • 149 Posts
Eh...Christianity itself branches off into quite a few ideas concerning salvation. I myself am Christian. I try not to think about salvation too much, though. I think alomst everyone has some bias in their Religious beliefs. I am no exception. But I try to do it in the least biased way possible. I've probably overlooked some factors.