The One Major Flaw of Christianity

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Ophiuchus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 -Ophiuchus-
Member since 2006 • 226 Posts
[QUOTE="-Ophiuchus-"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="damariofan"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

[QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"] Well there are like 50,000,000 flaws with christianity, but I'd say the major one is that people believe in it..... damariofan

And yet again....intolerance.:roll:

Read my sig, about what the christians did to the Native Americans.. "You have to be white and believe in our god or will rip your freaking heads off and burn you alive!" .... Seriously, talk about intolerance.

That is not what happened. . .also, so what? You're blaming us for what some idiots did hundreds of years ago?:roll:

You blame the Jews for killing Jesus 2000 years ago, don't you?I'm not trying to flame, just pointing out a little flaw in your defense.

Jewish people certainly killed Jesus, but NOT THE JEWISH PEOPLE ALIVE TODAY!!!

What? Its the same race, same belief,and some say they'd do the same again, but if given the chance wouldn't we christians let them?

The Crusifixion turned out to be a good thing in the end didn't it?

Anyway WHAT GIVES US THE PLACE TO JUDGE ANYBODY BUT OURSELVES is my point.

That's where you're a bit off, Oph. Judaism and Christianity arenot the same religion. Likewise, they have different beliefs. In fact, Judaism carries around 600 more lawsthan Christianity, just to point some facts. Eg, while Gospel points out that if you're not a christian, you're going to hell, the Jewish core belief is that everyone goes to heaven-if you are good. (According to Judaism any non-Jew who lives according to these laws is regarded as a Righteous Gentile and furthermore only a non-Jew who carefully abides by these laws is assured of a place in the world to come) As cited from here.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the two are very different.

But One is the fullfillment of the other. I'm speaking of the attitude with which we should approach it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

back to topic. the last flaw is that christians use their religion for political purposes.

ex. support israel because the bible tells you that is where their suppose to live. regardless of the fact that britain gave the land to the jews after ww2 disregarding thousands of people that lived there. and to continue supporting them after bullying palestine over the past 60 years. with this support mainly religious influence it has cause hatred for us and brought nutjobs in power such as the leader of iran

crusher2002000
That's not a flaw in christianity, that is a flaw in human nature. It is not a requirement for a christian to be a crooked politician.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts

Wrong. You CAN repent and get into Heaven regardless of prior sins. It's called forgiveness....and Christianity is an advocate of it.

But it's not a flaw...

LJS9502_basic
To me it sounds like a pathetic attempt at dangling a carrot in front of the 'pagan world'. Why should forgiveness be granted to anyone who asks for it? To get more Christians? Why must you love Christ in order to be ok? Jesus seems pretty chill and selfless except for this one part of his platform.
crusher2002000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 crusher2002000
Member since 2004 • 645 Posts
[QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

back to topic. the last flaw is that christians use their religion for political purposes.

ex. support israel because the bible tells you that is where their suppose to live. regardless of the fact that britain gave the land to the jews after ww2 disregarding thousands of people that lived there. and to continue supporting them after bullying palestine over the past 60 years. with this support mainly religious influence it has cause hatred for us and brought nutjobs in power such as the leader of iran

guynamedbilly

That's not a flaw in christianity, that is a flaw in human nature. It is not a requirement for a christian to be a crooked politician.

yes but ppl will stil support it regardless just because of their relgiion and not look at the innocent ppl involved

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

Wrong. You CAN repent and get into Heaven regardless of prior sins. It's called forgiveness....and Christianity is an advocate of it.

But it's not a flaw...

quiglythegreat

To me it sounds like a pathetic attempt at dangling a carrot in front of the 'pagan world'. Why should forgiveness be granted to anyone who asks for it? To get more Christians? Why must you love Christ in order to be ok? Jesus seems pretty chill and selfless except for this one part of his platform.

That is a good point. According to scripture, we are all sinners and must become christians, we don't start out as christians.

As for why God, or Jesus, needs us to worship/love him, I've never heard a good answer for that. Perhaps it's a science to the supernatural and that is just the way that it must take place.

Avatar image for Silver_Dragon17
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#156 Silver_Dragon17
Member since 2007 • 6205 Posts

I'd just like to post these:

http://rationalchristianity.net/forced_worship.html Forced worship

http://rationalchristianity.net/perfection.html Good people and Hell

http://rationalchristianity.net/worship.html Worship of God only

http://rationalchristianity.net/love.html as Above; Different article.

guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#157 guitboxdude25
Member since 2006 • 2120 Posts
the flaw for me is,that once you are born,youve automaticly sinned,just because you were born,you did something wrong.i dont want to believe in a religion that says just because i was born i did something wrong,plus too many bible beaters.and theres other things,like how anyone couldve made up jesus christ,he couldve just been some cool dude back then,or someone just started a rumor or something.
f0rrest_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 f0rrest_
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Worshipping Jesus is like worshipping an idol, that's against one of the Commandments.

What if the irony is that Christians will go to Hell?

I'm atheist btw religion is funny as is this thread and others.

crusher2002000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 crusher2002000

Silver_Dragon17

this the opposite of what I read the other day. i was waiting for the bus and a lady comes up to me and hands me a christian magazine and the front of it was "Why does god cause natural disasters?" i then turned to the first page and it said that God made Hurricane Katrina because people were losing their faith. Isn't that the opposite of what those links say.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Silver_Dragon17

the flaw for me is,that once you are born,youve automaticly sinned,just because you were born,you did something wrong.i dont want to believe in a religion that says just because i was born i did something wrong,plus too many bible beaters.and theres other things,like how anyone couldve made up jesus christ,he couldve just been some cool dude back then,or someone just started a rumor or something.guitboxdude25

Not really, and babies don't go to Hell.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

crusher2002000

this the opposite of what I read the other day. i was waiting for the bus and a lady comes up to me and hands me a christian magazine and the front of it was "Why does god cause natural disasters?" i then turned to the first page and it said that God made Hurricane Katrina because people were losing their faith. Isn't that the opposite of what those links say.

You need to be careful of what you read. What the woman gave you sounds like BS to me.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
Yeah, I agree, a religion where somebody who is a good person can go to hell, but a terrible bad person who had murdered, raped, ect. can get to heaven so long as he/she sheepishly believes in something.
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Silver_Dragon17

Worshipping Jesus is like worshipping an idol, that's against one of the Commandments.

f0rrest_

No it's not. . .Jesus is God.:|

And I find it funny that this is your very first post. . .

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
[QUOTE="f0rrest_"]

Silver_Dragon17

He's baaaaack.
guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 guitboxdude25

[QUOTE="guitboxdude25"]the flaw for me is,that once you are born,youve automaticly sinned,just because you were born,you did something wrong.i dont want to believe in a religion that says just because i was born i did something wrong,plus too many bible beaters.and theres other things,like how anyone couldve made up jesus christ,he couldve just been some cool dude back then,or someone just started a rumor or something.Silver_Dragon17

youve still sinned just because you were born tho.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Silver_Dragon17

[QUOTE="guitboxdude25"]the flaw for me is,that once you are born,youve automaticly sinned,just because you were born,you did something wrong.i dont want to believe in a religion that says just because i was born i did something wrong,plus too many bible beaters.and theres other things,like how anyone couldve made up jesus christ,he couldve just been some cool dude back then,or someone just started a rumor or something.guitboxdude25

But you don't get punished until you grow a brain that can reason. Glad that's settled.

crusher2002000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 crusher2002000

Yeah, I agree, a religion where somebody who is a good person can go to hell, but a terrible bad person who had murdered, raped, ect. can get to heaven so long as he/she sheepishly believes in something.yoshi-lnex

ya theres sumthing wrong there.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="f0rrest_"]

CptJSparrow

He's baaaaack.

I swear, I will DEMAND an administrator to IP ban him if that's him again. . .

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 yoshi-lnex

Something kind of funny.....Jesus was not originally worshiped as a god, he was just a prophet of god, but eventually his followers voted (I mean this literally) that he was a god, and not just a prophet.

This has happened with many religions over the centuries in which somebody who was originally a prophet becomes worshiped as a god. That is why Islam forbids drawings of Muhammad, he knew it could happen with his religion if he religions was commonly plastered with his image....

An interesting fact, but most Christians don't know their church history well enough to know things like this.....

guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 guitboxdude25
[QUOTE="guitboxdude25"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

[QUOTE="guitboxdude25"]the flaw for me is,that once you are born,youve automaticly sinned,just because you were born,you did something wrong.i dont want to believe in a religion that says just because i was born i did something wrong,plus too many bible beaters.and theres other things,like how anyone couldve made up jesus christ,he couldve just been some cool dude back then,or someone just started a rumor or something.Silver_Dragon17

But you don't get punished until you grow a brain that can reason. Glad that's settled.

but punishments not the point,the point is is that youve done something bad just because you were born :?

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Silver_Dragon17

Something kind of funny.....Jesus was not originally worshiped as a god, he was just a prophet of god, but eventually his followers voted (I mean this literally) that he was a god, and not just a prophet.

This has happened with many religions over the centuries in which somebody who was originally a prophet becomes worshiped as a god. That is why Islam forbids drawings of Muhammad, he knew it could happen with his religion if he religions was commonly plastered with his image....

An interesting fact, but most Christians don't know their church history well enough to know things like this.....

yoshi-lnex

What are you talking about? Jesus clearly claimed that He was God, and nothing was voted into His deity. Back up your claims, huh?

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]

Silver_Dragon17

What are you talking about? Jesus clearly claimed that He was God, and nothing was voted into His deity. Back up your claims, huh?

No, he never claimed that, the Council of Nicea was the first time he was called God.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]

Silver_Dragon17

I'm having difficulty finding a good source, but can you back up your claims that he was :wink:
aliend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 aliend
Member since 2005 • 852 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]

Silver_Dragon17

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.(Bible, Mark 12:29)"

If I was God I wouldn't say our lord now would I?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

But it's not a flaw...

quiglythegreat

To be perfectly honest...it doesn't matter what it sounds like to you. It's called salvation.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]

quiglythegreat

No, he never claimed that, the Council of Nicea was the first time he was called God.

http://godandscience.org/cults/jesus.html

http://godandscience.org/cults/songod.html

http://rationalchristianity.net/jesus_claim.html

:|

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

But it's not a flaw...

LJS9502_basic

To be perfectly honest...it doesn't matter what it sounds like to you. It's called salvation.

That's what they're offering, yeah. You say it's salvation, as do they; I say it's a ploy.
Chavyneebslod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Chavyneebslod
Member since 2005 • 958 Posts
I just read this entire topic.... What the hell is wrong with me?!
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Silver_Dragon17

yoshi-lnex

I'm having difficulty finding a good source, but can you back up your claims that he was :wink:

I already have.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]

Silver_Dragon17

Fail. Jesus never says that he was God. It says so in the beginning of your first article. Vague interpretations of the Bible are not going to substantiate a claim that holds no water.
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Silver_Dragon17

aliend

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.(Bible, Mark 12:29)"

Jesus referred to God as His Father AND as God many times. Your point? You're not God.;)

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]

Silver_Dragon17

I already have.

Such as?
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]

quiglythegreat

Fail. Jesus never says that he was God. It says so in the beginning of your first article. Vague interpretations of the Bible are not going to substantiate a claim that holds no water.

Uh, read it again. It says that many Christian cults claim the same as you, but they are wrong. Jesus did claim that He was God. And what "vague" interpretations?:roll:

damariofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 damariofan
Member since 2005 • 564 Posts

aliend

I would say "your" god.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 quiglythegreat

Your point? You're not God.;)

Silver_Dragon17
Are you serious anymore? You say that as if only God has any say worth hearing in debates, which, uh, seems a little....inconsistent....
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Silver_Dragon17
Such as?yoshi-lnex

I gave three links.|

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Silver_Dragon17

quiglythegreat

Are you serious anymore? You say that as if only God has any say worth hearing in debates, which, uh, seems a little....inconsistent....

He said that IF HE WAS GOD. . . .

Seriously, do you read anymore?

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

I just read this entire topic.... What the hell is wrong with me?!Chavyneebslod

I don't know but I reckon you should take some time to re-cooperate from the insanity.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 quiglythegreat
Silverdragon: "It is true that Jesus never said, "I am God" directly." is directly from the first article you provided. If he did not directly say it, then he didn't, simple as that. Jesus himself never claimed to be God directly, however much he may have 'suggested' it (that is, according to post-Constantin interpretations).
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 LJS9502_basic
That's what they're offering, yeah. You say it's salvation, as do they; I say it's a ploy.
quiglythegreat

A ploy on what? That makes no sense.

crusher2002000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 crusher2002000
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]

quiglythegreat

isn't the bible just a interpretation. sinceno one was there how do we know what happened. according to my religions teacher whomajored in religion in university the bible waschanged throughout history to favor the positions of that time

Anamosa41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Anamosa41
Member since 2006 • 3594 Posts

[QUOTE="manic626"]Before I begin, I am not an Athiest. I do believe in a higher power or "god" of the universe(s). However I cannot accept the Christian version of god. I have tried but there is one nagging fact the keeps me from becoming a Christian.

That is believing in Jesus, gods only son, IS THE ONLY WAY INTO HEAVEN. NO MATTER WHAT VALUES YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE BY. I'll explain.
A serial killer, rapist, career criminal can live his life anyway he wants to. But as long as he sincerely believes in Jesus Christ or accepts him at the last minute. He has bought his way into heaven.
However, someone who lives a just and moral life and does things to help out in society will still end up in hell if he does not believe in Jesus Christ. Believing in a higher power is simply not enough.
I'm sorry but I simply cannot accept this. That would mean the only reason to life, or to live is for Jesus. Which would mean anything else you do in life is meaningless if it wasn't for him. You could simply do whatever you wanted in life and copout at the last moment by sincerly accepting him.

Sorry for the rant but I've always heard Christians say something along this line. And I read a story about someone's near death experience. He was being judged and he found out that he wasn't even close to getting into heaven despite all the good things he's done in his life. When he came back, he said no matter what you do, the only way into heaven is believing in JesusSilver_Dragon17

This is absolutely false.

To be a Christian, you must believe in Christ. This much is true. But a serial killer, rapist, etc. can not get into heaven. People who only "believe" in Jesus for afterlife insurance will not enter Heaven.

There is truth to what manic is saying. If the person realizes that he has done things that are terrible and truly repents, he will be saved. He has to mean it with everything he has though. He can't just say, "I'm sorry God, will you forgive me?" with no emotion, die, and go to heaven. That won't happen.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

Silver_Dragon17

I must be missing something, but they keep saying that Jesus is God because he claims to be the son of God. Can you just explain this to me?
-Ophiuchus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 -Ophiuchus-
Member since 2006 • 226 Posts

quiglythegreat

TheCouncilofNiceaonlyconfirmedChristianwritingsintheNiceanCreed.Ittookideasthatwerealreadywidespreadin Christianity and put them into a unifying document. It was NOT as Dan Brown Claims, the First time Christ was called God.

ManyearlysaintsheldtothebeliefofChristasDevinelongbeforethat.ThemostcomprehensivearethetestimoniesofIgnatius of Antioch, Justin Martyr and Irenaeus.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"]That's what they're offering, yeah. You say it's salvation, as do they; I say it's a ploy.
LJS9502_basic

It's a ploy to get more followers...I just said it was a carrot being dangled in front of believers....am I being overly cryptic or some other?
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 quiglythegreat

isn't the bible just a interpretation. sinceno one was there how do we know what happened. according to my religions teacher whomajored in religion in university the bible waschanged throughout history to favor the positions of that time

crusher2002000
Sure thing, though most Christians are wont to accept that.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"]That's what they're offering, yeah. You say it's salvation, as do they; I say it's a ploy.
quiglythegreat

It's a ploy to get more followers...I just said it was a carrot being dangled in front of believers....am I being overly cryptic or some other?

More followers? Yes...and? For what purpose other than to follow?

Anamosa41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Anamosa41
Member since 2006 • 3594 Posts
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

quiglythegreat

I must be missing something, but they keep saying that Jesus is God because he claims to be the son of God. Can you just explain this to me?

God the Father and God the Son are identical in their feelings and ideas. They are One.
aliend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 aliend
Member since 2005 • 852 Posts
[QUOTE="aliend"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]

Silver_Dragon17

Jesus referred to God as His Father AND as God many times. Your point? You're not God.;)

That's my point.... He is referring to another being. Sooooo Jesus is not God.

mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts
[QUOTE="mark4091"]

All religions have flaws

/thread

mig_killer2

prove it

You and everyone else in here have been either pointing out flaws in religion or defending it for years now.

and then you specifically will make a thread one week talking about how religion is wrong, and then another defending it, it's almost like the simplest article or youtube video can sway you either way, it's time to stop believing everything you read on the internet.