The One Major Flaw of Christianity

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for BEAN_LARD_MULCH
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts

[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"]Alrighty then if he KNOWS what choices we will make, then why would he let a person make the choice to kill somone, therefore going to hell?LJS9502_basic

Because you have free will to make your own choices. Otherwise, there is little point to existence.

However God does indeed know that the person will make the choice?
Oh and what happens to all of the people who don't know about christianity then? Automatic hell for them?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"]Alrighty then if he KNOWS what choices we will make, then why would he let a person make the choice to kill somone, therefore going to hell?BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Because you have free will to make your own choices. Otherwise, there is little point to existence.

Oh and what happens to all of the people who don't know about christianity then? Automatic hell for them?

So? Free will is free will and you still have time to ask for forgiveness.

No.

speedracer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 speedracer15
Member since 2004 • 650 Posts

Phillippians 2:5-11......read itspeedracer15

Do it! ......and yes I quoted myself:|

BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"]Alrighty then if he KNOWS what choices we will make, then why would he let a person make the choice to kill somone, therefore going to hell?LJS9502_basic

So? Free will is free will and you still have time to ask for forgiveness.

No.

Hm.
Then what happens to em?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 LJS9502_basic

Hm.
Then what happens to em?BEAN_LARD_MULCH

That would probably depend on the life they led...

aliend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 aliend
Member since 2005 • 852 Posts

Back on the Jesus did not claim to be God thing:

http://www.tektonics.org/jesusclaims/jesusclaimshub.html

Silver_Dragon17

From your "awesome..." link: "Jesus is God the Son; the Wisdom and Word of God" - i.e., the second person of the Trinity, which, ontologically, makes Jesus co-equal with God

From your bible:nd Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

You see Jesus himself gives the exclusivity of being good to God. None but one. It does not make Jesus "co-equal " with God....

BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 BEAN_LARD_MULCH

[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"]
Hm.
Then what happens to em?LJS9502_basic

Person who was one of the best people you could meet, niceest, always gave to people in need.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

Hm.
Then what happens to em?BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Person who was one of the best people you could meet, niceest, always gave to people in need.

Then they'd be rewarded....

mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts
[QUOTE="mark4091"][QUOTE="Anamosa41"][QUOTE="mark4091"][QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="mark4091"]

All religions have flaws

/thread

Anamosa41

prove it

You and everyone else in here have been either pointing out flaws in religion or defending it for years now.

and then you specifically will make a thread one week talking about how religion is wrong, and then another defending it, it's almost like the simplest article or youtube video can sway you either way, it's time to stop believing everything you read on the internet.

He has decided recently that he will be a Christian. That is why he was talking about flaws and other things against Christianity in the past.

Uhg..... this is why I don't come here as often anymore... it's like a bad sitcom.

You shouldn't be disgusted by the fact that he is a Christian.

No, you would find it funny too if you knew the full posting history.

Ezgam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 Ezgam3r
Member since 2006 • 2308 Posts

[QUOTE="Anamosa41"][QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="Anamosa41"][QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"]I have a question about God then.
If God is all knowing, then he know what you are going to do in your life right...
Therefore wouldn't he purposly make 'bad' people and people who don't beleive in christ and such?
BEAN_LARD_MULCH
We choose to be whowe are. No matter what anyone says we do choose to bewho we are.

So God does NOT know what we are going to do in our life then?

No one can FULLY understand God but one thing I do know is that God knows everything. He knows what choice we will make.

Alrighty then if he KNOWS what choices we will make, then why would he let a person make the choice to kill somone, therefore going to hell?

We'll there's 2 ways how to look at this under the assumption that God is all-knowing:

1. Time is fixed. Of course if this were true, we really don't have free will as everything is predetermined.

2. Time is like a never-ending tree. You start out a the trunk (current time) (the soil is the "past") and each choice you (and everyone else) make will determine which "branch" you go onto. Then that branch will become the new "trunk" and the past is added to the "soil". With this, You would have some degree of free will as you can make choices, changing the outcome of your life and the future of everything else, and it also allow God to be all-knowing as God could know all the possible outcomes that would and could ever happen.

Horrible example I know and I could have explained it better, but I think I got the point across (hopefully).

Avatar image for Silver_Dragon17
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#261 Silver_Dragon17
Member since 2007 • 6205 Posts
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

aliend

From your "awesome..." link: "Jesus is God the Son; the Wisdom and Word of God" - i.e., the second person of the Trinity, which, ontologically, makes Jesus co-equal with God

From your bible:nd Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

You see Jesus himself gives the exclusivity of being good to God. None but one. It does not make Jesus "co-equal " with God....

Try reading the rest of the article. . .He was refering to Himself, because Jesus IS God.

BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 BEAN_LARD_MULCH

[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="Anamosa41"][QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="Anamosa41"][QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"]I have a question about God then.
If God is all knowing, then he know what you are going to do in your life right...
Therefore wouldn't he purposly make 'bad' people and people who don't beleive in christ and such?
Ezgam3r

We choose to be whowe are. No matter what anyone says we do choose to bewho we are.

No one can FULLY understand God but one thing I do know is that God knows everything. He knows what choice we will make.

Alrighty then if he KNOWS what choices we will make, then why would he let a person make the choice to kill somone, therefore going to hell?

We'll there's 2 ways how to look at this under the assumption that God is all-knowing:

1. Time is fixed. Of course if this were true, we really don't have free will as everything is predetermined.

2. Time is like a never-ending tree. You start out a the trunk (current time) (the soil is the "past") and each choice you (and everyone else) make will determine which "branch" you go onto. Then that branch will become the new "trunk" and the past is added to the "soil". With this, You would have some degree of free will as you can make choices, changing the outcome of your life and the future of everything else, and it also allow God to be all-knowing as God could know all the possible outcomes that would and could ever happen.

Horrible example I know and I could have explained it better, but I think I got the point across (hopefully).

No, I completely understand your explanation. So then, God cannot intervene in anyway to what choices we make and the outcomes?
aliend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 aliend
[QUOTE="aliend"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

Silver_Dragon17

Try reading the rest of the article. . .He was refering to Himself, because Jesus IS God.

Is God so cool that he has to call himself from a third person perspective?

And the quote. Jesus is asking why are you calling me good? Only God is good. If he was God, he would not ask such a question.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Silver_Dragon17
[

And the quote. Jesus is asking why are you calling me good? Only God is good. If he was God, he would not ask such a question.

aliend

You can't just stop clinging to that quote, can you?

Who are you to say what God would do or not do?

Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -5

#265 Decessus
Member since 2003 • 5132 Posts

Before I begin, I am not an Athiest. I do believe in a higher power or "god" of the universe(s). However I cannot accept the Christian version of god. I have tried but there is one nagging fact the keeps me from becoming a Christian.

That is believing in Jesus, gods only son, IS THE ONLY WAY INTO HEAVEN. NO MATTER WHAT VALUES YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE BY. I'll explain.
A serial killer, rapist, career criminal can live his life anyway he wants to. But as long as he sincerely believes in Jesus Christ or accepts him at the last minute. He has bought his way into heaven.
However, someone who lives a just and moral life and does things to help out in society will still end up in hell if he does not believe in Jesus Christ. Believing in a higher power is simply not enough.
I'm sorry but I simply cannot accept this. That would mean the only reason to life, or to live is for Jesus. Which would mean anything else you do in life is meaningless if it wasn't for him. You could simply do whatever you wanted in life and copout at the last moment by sincerly accepting him.

Sorry for the rant but I've always heard Christians say something along this line. And I read a story about someone's near death experience. He was being judged and he found out that he wasn't even close to getting into heaven despite all the good things he's done in his life. When he came back, he said no matter what you do, the only way into heaven is believing in Jesusmanic626

You didn't really describe any kind of flaw in Christianity, you just gave a reason for why you don't follow the Christian religion. Your disapproval of Christian beliefs doesn't mean that those beliefs are false.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Silver_Dragon17

Aliend:

John 1 (verses 1 and 14) says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

1 Timothy 3:16 says, "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

See also Titus 2:13, Hebrews 1:8, and 1 John 5:20 for other explicit statements that Jesus was God.

Some will claim that Jesus Himself never claimed to be God. Actually, He did so in John 10:30, saying "I and my Father are one."

There are other examples of Jesus stating implicitly that He was God.

For example: When Thomas called Jesus 'my Lord and my God' (John 20:28), Jesus did not correct him.

Jesus said that only God should be worshipped (Matthew 4:10), yet He received worship (Matthew 28:9).

The Bible makes it clear that only God can forgive sins against God (Isaiah 43:25), yet Jesus forgave sins against God (Mark 2:5).

aliend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 aliend
[QUOTE="aliend"]

Silver_Dragon17

Are you gonna answer that or no?

1. Because that quote makes you think about your religion.

2. I am a person with an educated opinion

Ezgam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Ezgam3r
[QUOTE="Ezgam3r"]

[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="Anamosa41"][QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="Anamosa41"][QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"]I have a question about God then.
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

No, I completely understand your explanation. So then, God cannot intervene in anyway to what choices we make?

Well if we go by my second example and under the premise that God has to abide by the laws of the universe to do anything within it, if God wanted to intervene, God should be able to by making time go through the "branch" that would meet Gods' prefered outcome.

Of course this brings up a few questions and concerns like "If what your saying is true, couldn't God still control us by simply "rigging" time by choosing specific branches to get Gods desired outcome?" and such which would have to be addressed.

BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

Hm.
Then what happens to em?LJS9502_basic

Then they'd be rewarded....

So then youre telling me, if ive never heard of chrisianity and I lead a nice life I would go to heaven?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 LJS9502_basic
So then youre telling me, if ive never heard of chrisianity and I lead a nice life I would go to heaven?
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Yep...but you've heard of it.

BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="Ezgam3r"]

Ezgam3r

No, I completely understand your explanation. So then, God cannot intervene in anyway to what choices we make?

Well if we go by my second example and under the premise that God has to abide by the laws of the universe to do anything within it, if God wanted to intervene, God should be able to by making time go through the "branch" that would meet Gods' prefered outcome.

Of course this brings up a few questions and concerns like "If what your saying is true, couldn't God still control us by simply "rigging" time by choosing specific branches to get Gods desired outcome?" and such which would have to be addressed.

Indeed.
Plus the question of, why would God send people to hell if he knows what they are going to be doing.
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="aliend"]

aliend

I HAVE REPEATEDLY ANSWERED IT!

1. I question my religion all the time.

2. You certainly have some kind of opinion. . .

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Silver_Dragon17

Aliend:

If you want yet another responce, read this: http://kingdavid8.com/FAQs/JesusGood.html

It deals with the specific verse.

BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"]So then youre telling me, if ive never heard of chrisianity and I lead a nice life I would go to heaven?
LJS9502_basic

Alright then, a person who beleives in another religion who HAS heard of christianity will go to hell?
What if that person does everything perfect in HIS religion? What makes christianity the only one true religion?

Indeed I have, what does that have to do with anything?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"]So then youre telling me, if ive never heard of chrisianity and I lead a nice life I would go to heaven?
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Alright then, a person who beleives in another religion who HAS heard of christianity will go to hell?
What if that person does everything perfect in HIS religion? What makes christianity the only one true religion?

Let me ask you this.....If you believe in a different religion...why would you seek Heaven?

Because you spoke in the first person.:D

Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts

Before I begin, I am not an Athiest. I do believe in a higher power or "god" of the universe(s). However I cannot accept the Christian version of god. I have tried but there is one nagging fact the keeps me from becoming a Christian.

That is believing in Jesus, gods only son, IS THE ONLY WAY INTO HEAVEN. NO MATTER WHAT VALUES YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE BY. I'll explain.
A serial killer, rapist, career criminal can live his life anyway he wants to. But as long as he sincerely believes in Jesus Christ or accepts him at the last minute. He has bought his way into heaven.
However, someone who lives a just and moral life and does things to help out in society will still end up in hell if he does not believe in Jesus Christ. Believing in a higher power is simply not enough.
I'm sorry but I simply cannot accept this. That would mean the only reason to life, or to live is for Jesus. Which would mean anything else you do in life is meaningless if it wasn't for him. You could simply do whatever you wanted in life and copout at the last moment by sincerly accepting him.

Sorry for the rant but I've always heard Christians say something along this line. And I read a story about someone's near death experience. He was being judged and he found out that he wasn't even close to getting into heaven despite all the good things he's done in his life. When he came back, he said no matter what you do, the only way into heaven is believing in Jesusmanic626
Wrong.... You shouldn't be allowed to flame Christianity if you don't know a thing about it.

You have to be sencre about your forgiveness. That much is obvious. You can't just say "Drat, I'm gonna die. I don't believe in Jesus, but I don't want to go to Hell if it true... better repent just incase..." That doesn't work.

Also, you can get into heaven without believing in Jesus, you are not saved by what you do, but for what Jesus did for you.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"]So then youre telling me, if ive never heard of chrisianity and I lead a nice life I would go to heaven?
slinky6

I think he's trying to put "You're going to hell" in a clever way. But he didn't come off as clever, just as a jerk, like he usually does.

Look ....I have not and never will tell someone they are going to hell. Take the attitude elsewhere.

aliend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 aliend
[QUOTE="aliend"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="aliend"]

Silver_Dragon17

I HAVE REPEATEDLY ANSWERED IT!

1. I question my religion all the time.

2. You certainly have some kind of opinion. . .

Then can you point me where you answered that?.... or is trowing quotes at people all you do?

Do you expect me to write an essay about those quotes you posted? Do you know how much time it would take? You can not concentrate on one piece of evidence, and want me to digest all that you posted?... Atleast take one and let's tackle it...

BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"]So then youre telling me, if ive never heard of chrisianity and I lead a nice life I would go to heaven?
LJS9502_basic

Let me ask you this.....If you believe in a different religion...why would you seek Heaven?

Because you spoke in the first person.:D

A person who beleives in a different religion would be indeed seeking heaven, or salvation or whatever is the good afterlife for them. You still havent answered my question.

The only reason why i spoke in first person is because I was it as an example
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 Silver_Dragon17

Then can you point me where you answered that?.... or is trowing quotes at people all you do?

Do you expect me to write an essay about those quotes you posted? Do you know how much time it would take? You can not concentrate on one piece of evidence, and want me to digest all that you posted?... Atleast take one and let's tackle it...

aliend

On this VERY PAGE, I have given a link to a site that addresses the very SAME verse that you gave.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 LJS9502_basic

A person who beleives in a different religion would be indeed seeking heaven, or salvation or whatever is the good afterlife for them. You still havent answered my question.

The only reason why i spoke in first person is because I was it as an exampleBEAN_LARD_MULCH

They would only seek what they believed. As for your question....according to the Bible you have to accept God.

And that is why I said that.....

nexteyenate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 nexteyenate
Member since 2004 • 127 Posts

i think the one flaw is that they only follow certain parts of the bible that fit them and take out the ones they dont' like. You can't pick and choose when its the word of God. Its either believe in it all or don't believe in it at all.

crusher2002000

that is exactly what i was trying to tell my mom. she was picking and choosing. She considered me being an atheist disobedient. the bible says to stone disobedient children to death, but she didn't stone me to death. I kept on trying to tell her to (just to prove a point, i'm not suicidal or anything) but she wouldnt do it. she just didnt realize that the bible is (supposedly) god's word, and if god is all-knowing, everything in the bible should be correct. if one thing is incorrect, the entire religion falls apart.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

i think the one flaw is that they only follow certain parts of the bible that fit them and take out the ones they dont' like. You can't pick and choose when its the word of God. Its either believe in it all or don't believe in it at all.

nexteyenate

that is exactly what i was trying to tell my mom. she was picking and choosing. She considered me being an atheist disobedient. the bible says to stone disobedient children to death, but she didn't stone me to death. I kept on trying to tell her to (just to prove a point, i'm not suicidal or anything) but she wouldnt do it. she just didnt realize that the bible is (supposedly) god's word, and if god is all-knowing, everything in the bible should be correct. if one thing is incorrect, the entire religion falls apart.

No...your talking about custom now. That is entirely different.

Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Decessus
[QUOTE="nexteyenate"][QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

LJS9502_basic

No...your talking about custom now. That is entirely different.

What reasons do you have to believe that only the New Testament is Christianity, and if the New Testament really is Christianity then why is the Old Testament included at all?

Ezgam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 Ezgam3r
[QUOTE="Ezgam3r"][QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="Ezgam3r"]

BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Indeed.
Plus the question of, why would God send people to hell if he knows what they are going to be doing.

I would say that yes God knows what they're doing as well as all the other things they could have been possibly doing, as well as all the possible things they could do next.

Someone could make one decision that could either turn them into a Christian or a anti-religious/theist/spiritual dude. Then lets say that they made the decision not to send their car in for a tuneup and because of it, ended up in an accident, killing them.

God already knows where their going from their previous decisions so God would just deal judgement on them based on Gods' standards and those decisions.

At the end of the day, it would be all of our decision's that would decide where we go.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 LJS9502_basic

What reasons do you have to believe that only the New Testament is Christianity, and if the New Testament really is Christianity then why is the Old Testament included at all?

Decessus

The NT is a fulfillment of the OT....God's promise to send a savior. If you have read the two books you can clearly see where customs are different....and changed.

History IS a factor in the Bible.

Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 Decessus
[QUOTE="Decessus"]

LJS9502_basic

The NT is a fulfillment of the OT....God's promise to send a savior. If you have read the two books you can clearly see where customs are different....and changed.

When is the first mention in the Bible that God will send a savior to mankind?

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#289 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
The biggest flaw is that animals don't go to heaven. I want to know why. :evil:
aliend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 aliend
[QUOTE="aliend"]

Silver_Dragon17

On this VERY PAGE, I have given a link to a site that addresses the very SAME verse that you gave.

Yup I got it.

And well... doesn't really make sense to me. Literally no. It is like saying why are you calling me John? That guy's name is John. Would you interpret it the same way?

Plus their explanation is wrong(about that the man doesn't not believe in Jesus) The fact that man is asking Jesus about what he should do, how should he live and behave tells you that he does believe in his ways, otherwise he would not bother.

It is also possibly wrong that the man values his life money more than Jesus: Yes, the man became sad. And then what? You don't know, the story ends. He became sad, but did he oblige?

Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 Decessus

The biggest flaw is that animals don't go to heaven. I want to know why. :evil:SolidSnake35

All dogs go to heaven. Haven't you seen the movie?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Decessus"]

Decessus

Various places in the OT...psalms, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Judges, Micah, etc....

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#293 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]The biggest flaw is that animals don't go to heaven. I want to know why. :evil:Decessus

All dogs go to heaven. Haven't you seen the movie?

Those movies were weird..

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="aliend"]

aliend

Yup I got it.

And well... doesn't really make sense to me. Literally no. It is like saying why are you calling me John? That guy's name is John. Would you interpret it the same way?

Plus their explanation is wrong(about that the man doesn't not believe in Jesus) The fact that man is asking Jesus about what he should do, how should he live and behave tells you that he does believe in his ways, otherwise he would not bother.

It is also possibly wrong that the man values his life money more than Jesus: Yes, the man became sad. And then what? You don't know, the story ends. He became sad, but did he oblige?

It makes sense if you think about it.

The man did not want to obey Jesus. He wanted to know, but he didn't want to obey.

No. If he did, he would have had more part in the Bible.

Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 Decessus
[QUOTE="Decessus"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Decessus"]

LJS9502_basic

Various places in the OT...psalms, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Judges, Micah, etc....

I'm only interested in the first time it's mentioned. I have only read bits and pieces of the Bible, that is why I'm asking you.

aliend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 aliend

The man did not want to obey Jesus. He wanted to know, but he didn't want to obey.

Silver_Dragon17

He was a "good" man since he was a child. Alteast he followed the rules. So you are wrong, he was already obeying.

No. If he did, he would have had more part in the Bible.

Silver_Dragon17

Well if you were one of those people who wrote the bible you might have put more....

makaveli2344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 makaveli2344
Member since 2007 • 3106 Posts
The main flaw of christianity is Christianity itself
Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#298 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts
You people treat heaven and hell like it's a friggin' sports draft. They don't exist. You will not go to heaven. You won't go to hell. You will just DIE. Accept it. How many years are you WASTING by hoping for a higher "power"? You live your life, then you die. You get one shot, might as well live it for WHAT IT IS, not what it WILL be.
Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#299 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

You people treat heaven and hell like it's a friggin' sports draft. They don't exist. You will not go to heaven. You won't go to hell. You will just DIE. Accept it. How many years are you WASTING by hoping for a higher "power"? You live your life, then you die. You get one shot, might as well live it for WHAT IT IS, not what it WILL be.Udsen

There goes teh civilized debate. Go inform your self, your anger shows ignorance of what you don't understand.

Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#300 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts

[QUOTE="Udsen"]You people treat heaven and hell like it's a friggin' sports draft. They don't exist. You will not go to heaven. You won't go to hell. You will just DIE. Accept it. How many years are you WASTING by hoping for a higher "power"? You live your life, then you die. You get one shot, might as well live it for WHAT IT IS, not what it WILL be.Ravirr

There goes teh civilized debate. Go inform your self, your anger shows ignorance of what you don't understand.

Anger? :|

I have no anger.