The One Major Flaw of Christianity

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rowzzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 0

#301 rowzzr
Member since 2005 • 2375 Posts
those who condemn others by saying, "you will go to hell" are the ones who are already condemned. nobody can say for sure who's in where.
Matts07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302 Matts07
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts

Before I begin, I am not an Athiest. I do believe in a higher power or "god" of the universe(s). However I cannot accept the Christian version of god. I have tried but there is one nagging fact the keeps me from becoming a Christian.

That is believing in Jesus, gods only son, IS THE ONLY WAY INTO HEAVEN. NO MATTER WHAT VALUES YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE BY. I'll explain.
A serial killer, rapist, career criminal can live his life anyway he wants to. But as long as he sincerely believes in Jesus Christ or accepts him at the last minute. He has bought his way into heaven.
However, someone who lives a just and moral life and does things to help out in society will still end up in hell if he does not believe in Jesus Christ. Believing in a higher power is simply not enough.
I'm sorry but I simply cannot accept this. That would mean the only reason to life, or to live is for Jesus. Which would mean anything else you do in life is meaningless if it wasn't for him. You could simply do whatever you wanted in life and copout at the last moment by sincerly accepting him.

Sorry for the rant but I've always heard Christians say something along this line. And I read a story about someone's near death experience. He was being judged and he found out that he wasn't even close to getting into heaven despite all the good things he's done in his life. When he came back, he said no matter what you do, the only way into heaven is believing in Jesusmanic626

Wow why did you make this topic??!!! You no NOTHING about the chrsitain faith you idiot!

-Ophiuchus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 -Ophiuchus-
Member since 2006 • 226 Posts
[QUOTE="Decessus"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]The biggest flaw is that animals don't go to heaven. I want to know why. :evil:Ravirr

All dogs go to heaven. Haven't you seen the movie?

Those movies were weird..

Who ever said that animals won't make it into heaven? Its simply a dogma that has been formed by years of western Christianity.

The Truth is that as Christians we simply don't know. The 'animals don't have souls' argument is made by Plato, Not the Bible

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts

[QUOTE="manic626"]Before I begin, I am not an Athiest. I do believe in a higher power or "god" of the universe(s). However I cannot accept the Christian version of god. I have tried but there is one nagging fact the keeps me from becoming a Christian.

That is believing in Jesus, gods only son, IS THE ONLY WAY INTO HEAVEN. NO MATTER WHAT VALUES YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE BY. I'll explain.
A serial killer, rapist, career criminal can live his life anyway he wants to. But as long as he sincerely believes in Jesus Christ or accepts him at the last minute. He has bought his way into heaven.
However, someone who lives a just and moral life and does things to help out in society will still end up in hell if he does not believe in Jesus Christ. Believing in a higher power is simply not enough.
I'm sorry but I simply cannot accept this. That would mean the only reason to life, or to live is for Jesus. Which would mean anything else you do in life is meaningless if it wasn't for him. You could simply do whatever you wanted in life and copout at the last moment by sincerly accepting him.

Sorry for the rant but I've always heard Christians say something along this line. And I read a story about someone's near death experience. He was being judged and he found out that he wasn't even close to getting into heaven despite all the good things he's done in his life. When he came back, he said no matter what you do, the only way into heaven is believing in JesusMatts07

Wow why did you make this topic??!!! You no NOTHING about the chrsitain faith you idiot!

I C WUT U DID THAR LOL
blackldragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 blackldragon
Member since 2005 • 1540 Posts

I always thought about that but the fact is that you have to actually be sorry for your sins and repent. Then you have to get baptised I think also known as being born again.

Now about the many levels of hell. Say that I curse out god on a daily basis, but I am an extremely nice person (I only act like I wanna kill everyone because I don't want to be taken advantage of) will that mean that I am going to go in like the deepest part of hell where all the bad people go if so that sucks.

I do feel that religions are very messed up though like they don't give a damn if you are a good person or not if you don't believe in them they still going to send you down below. What kind of loving person is that.

Daffy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#306 Daffy101
Member since 2006 • 911 Posts
[QUOTE="Daffy101"][QUOTE="SilentFireX"][QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

i think the one flaw is that they only follow certain parts of the bible that fit them and take out the ones they dont' like. You can't pick and choose when its the word of God. Its either believe in it all or don't believe in it at all.

LJS9502_basic

Give an example of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fbqVYfuahI

Dude...don't bring up youtube in a religion thread.:roll:

Dude...I don't see the big deal if it's related to the thread :roll: I bet you didn't even click the link.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#307 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
[QUOTE="Ravirr"][QUOTE="Decessus"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]The biggest flaw is that animals don't go to heaven. I want to know why. :evil:-Ophiuchus-

All dogs go to heaven. Haven't you seen the movie?

Those movies were weird..

Who ever said that animals won't make it into heaven? Its simply a dogma that has been formed by years of western Christianity.

The Truth is that as Christians we simply don't know. The 'animals don't have souls' argument is made by Plato, Not the Bible

If they don't, how will McDonalds make their chicken nuggets? :O
angel-of-rain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 angel-of-rain
Member since 2007 • 412 Posts
I don't think it works that way. I have believed in Jesus for a long time becauseI think God is the reason for all of us being who we are and having all of what we have. It just doesn't click in my head about how humans can become this smart. How did they know this and that? i know inventions and stuff but still. I don't know, my mind really jumps around when it comes to religion.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#309 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38696 Posts
thats how religions work. you only get the reward if you follow THEIR version of the religion.
Total-KO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#310 Total-KO
Member since 2006 • 4057 Posts

Before I begin, I am not an Athiest. I do believe in a higher power or "god" of the universe(s). However I cannot accept the Christian version of god. I have tried but there is one nagging fact the keeps me from becoming a Christian.

A serial killer, rapist, career criminal can live his life anyway he wants to. But as long as he sincerely believes in Jesus Christ or accepts him at the last minute. He has bought his way into heaven.manic626

Not true. God passes judgment as to where they go in the afterlife. Believing in Jesus Christ doesn't simply grant you a backstage pass into the pearly gates.

Sorry for the rant but I've always heard Christians say something along this line.manic626

Yeah, don't believe those guys. They'll say anything just to get you to join their parish. Find religion or your own righteous path to enlightenment/peace/vocation for yourself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#311 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

You may be misinterpreting the laws of chirstianity.

Avatar image for Silver_Dragon17
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 Silver_Dragon17
Member since 2007 • 6205 Posts

I always thought about that but the fact is that you have to actually be sorry for your sins and repent. Then you have to get baptised I think also known as being born again.

Now about the many levels of hell. Say that I curse out god on a daily basis, but I am an extremely nice person (I only act like I wanna kill everyone because I don't want to be taken advantage of) will that mean that I am going to go in like the deepest part of hell where all the bad people go if so that sucks.

I do feel that religions are very messed up though like they don't give a damn if you are a good person or not if you don't believe in them they still going to send you down below. What kind of loving person is that.

blackldragon

Are you talking about Dante's Inferno? Well, nobody knows if that's what hell is like, but the people who go to his deepest part of hell are not murderers or blasphemers, but traitors.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 Silver_Dragon17

He was a "good" man since he was a child. Alteast he followed the rules. So you are wrong, he was already obeying.

Well if you were one of those people who wrote the bible you might have put more....

aliend

Being "good" is not the point of Christianity. He was not following the rules. Also, where in the Bible does it say that?

"If it were so, I would have told you."--Jesus.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Silver_Dragon17

You people treat heaven and hell like it's a friggin' sports draft. They don't exist. You will not go to heaven. You won't go to hell. You will just DIE. Accept it. How many years are you WASTING by hoping for a higher "power"? You live your life, then you die. You get one shot, might as well live it for WHAT IT IS, not what it WILL be.Udsen

Prove it.

RogerC44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#315 RogerC44
Member since 2006 • 2504 Posts
I thought it was up to God to cast people in Heaven and Hell.
blackldragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 blackldragon
[QUOTE="blackldragon"]

Silver_Dragon17

Are you talking about Dante's Inferno? Well, nobody knows if that's what hell is like, but the people who go to his deepest part of hell are not murderers or blasphemers, but traitors.

So I guess I'm pretty much boned then huh? And yes I was talking about Dante's Inferno.

blackldragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 blackldragon

[QUOTE="Udsen"]You people treat heaven and hell like it's a friggin' sports draft. They don't exist. You will not go to heaven. You won't go to hell. You will just DIE. Accept it. How many years are you WASTING by hoping for a higher "power"? You live your life, then you die. You get one shot, might as well live it for WHAT IT IS, not what it WILL be.Silver_Dragon17

Prove it.

The prove it thing not really working we had a whole thread about the burden of proof. I believe you posted there too.

kappareign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 kappareign
Member since 2007 • 2413 Posts
 mmmm... thinking
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="blackldragon"]

blackldragon

So I guess I'm pretty much boned then huh? And yes I was talking about Dante's Inferno.

Only if you've betrayed friends, family, or worst of all, your greatest benefactors.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Silver_Dragon17

mmmm... thinkingkappareign

The very fact that this quote is still used is evidence that people have no idea what they're talking about.

God is able and willing to prevent evil. So why doesn't He? Evil comes from humans, which just so happen to be His favorite creation. To destroy evil, humans have to go. Do you want that?

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

[QUOTE="Udsen"]You people treat heaven and hell like it's a friggin' sports draft. They don't exist. You will not go to heaven. You won't go to hell. You will just DIE. Accept it. How many years are you WASTING by hoping for a higher "power"? You live your life, then you die. You get one shot, might as well live it for WHAT IT IS, not what it WILL be.blackldragon

Prove it.

The prove it thing not really working we had a whole thread about the burden of proof. I believe you posted there too.

I know. But he's making all these claims that he doesn't seem to want to back up.

blackldragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 blackldragon
Ok great because I hate to betray anyone. And as for the whole it would have to destroy all mankind to destroy evil I will agree with you there. The real reason why people are bad is because of free will. The only creatures well that we now of that actually have "free will" are humans.
kappareign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 kappareign
if evil is created by humans... and humans are created by god... isnt god evil? dont you have to destroy god to destroy evil?
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 Silver_Dragon17

if evil is created by humans... and humans are created by god... isnt god evil? dont you have to destroy god to destroy evil?kappareign

Humans were not created evil. . .they make themselves evil.

alxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 alxy_07
Member since 2004 • 1342 Posts

Christianity has so many flaws that its hard to count them all, plus humans were not created evil since we werent created by some diety, its sad that in the 21st century people still believe that a god exists.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 Silver_Dragon17

Christianity has so many flaws that its hard to count them all, plus humans were not created evil since we werent created by some diety, its sad that in the 21st century people still believe that a god exists.

alxy_07

And it's sad that some people think the way you do.:roll:

What 'flaws' are these? And finally, prove that we weren't created.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 AuthenticM
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts
Its only flaw is its existence. Just like every other religion out there.
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 Silver_Dragon17

Its only flaw is its existence. Just like every other religion out there.AuthenticM

*yawn*

Bigotry.:roll:

kappareign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 kappareign

[QUOTE="kappareign"]if evil is created by humans... and humans are created by god... isnt god evil? dont you have to destroy god to destroy evil?Silver_Dragon17

so god is able to prevent evil, but not willing. so he is malevolent... just like the image said. he can prevent evil by destroying humans, but he chooses not to. so worshiping Him in the hopes that he will protect us from evil, when he Himself allows it, is kind of a paradox
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 Silver_Dragon17

[QUOTE="kappareign"]if evil is created by humans... and humans are created by god... isnt god evil? dont you have to destroy god to destroy evil?kappareign

so god is able to prevent evil, but not willing. so he is malevolent... just like the image said. he can prevent evil by destroying humans, but he chooses not to. so worshiping Him in the hopes that he will protect us from evil, when he Himself allows it, is kind of a paradox

I suppose you want to be destroyed?:roll:

http://www.rationalchristianity.net/evil.html

http://www.rationalchristianity.net/isaiah45.html

• Xenos has a good, concise overview of responses
  • Greg Bahnsen argues that God has a good, moral reason for allowing evil to exist
  • Cliff Knechtle
  • Good article by John Clayton, including reasons for evil and his own experiences with it
  • Why Would a Good God Allow Suffering? (PDF) by Kurt De Haan
  • The Value of Suffering by Sue Bohlin
  • Gregory Koukl has several other articles on evil
blackldragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 blackldragon
Why can't people just accept each other if you don't believe in religion fine then just don't put it down. If religous people dont want to believe in the facts fine just don't try to convert everyone which is another reason why I left the church. That crap really is annoying you must get baptised or you may die tommorow and go to hell. So you know what I say fine then I'll go to hell ever since then I can live my life with no fear.
blackldragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 blackldragon
[QUOTE="kappareign"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

[QUOTE="kappareign"]if evil is created by humans... and humans are created by god... isnt god evil? dont you have to destroy god to destroy evil?Silver_Dragon17

• Greg Bahnsen argues that God has a good, moral reason for allowing evil to exist
  • Cliff Knechtle
  • Good article by John Clayton, including reasons for evil and his own experiences with it

Well I will give you this you do provide alot of links to back you up, while other just seem to well not.

lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 lim_ak
Member since 2003 • 1545 Posts
[QUOTE="kappareign"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

• Cliff Knechtle

Okay I want to point out something before I start reading the rest of those, I skimmed the first. It shows the logical reasoning of your typical religous person, you start with a statement and you argue with that statement. It reeks of a bad argument, that alone doesn't mean that its wrong just that its a bad argument. A good scientist finds evidence, makes a theory based on that evidence and attempts to test that theory.

blackldragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 blackldragon
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="kappareign"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

[QUOTE="kappareign"]if evil is created by humans... and humans are created by god... isnt god evil? dont you have to destroy god to destroy evil?lim_ak

• Cliff Knechtle

Okay I want to point out something before I start reading the rest of those, I skimmed the first. It shows the logical reasoning of your typical religous person, you start with a statement and you argue with that statement. It reeks of a bad argument, that alone doesn't mean that its wrong just that its a bad argument. A good scientist finds evidence, makes a theory based on that evidence and attempts to test that theory.

Yeah, but unfourtunetly we cannot test the spirit realm. That or god decided to make it so that it could never be found out.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="kappareign"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

[QUOTE="kappareign"]if evil is created by humans... and humans are created by god... isnt god evil? dont you have to destroy god to destroy evil?lim_ak

• Cliff Knechtle

We aren't dealing with science.:| Don't expect a scientific argument.

lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 lim_ak
Member since 2003 • 1545 Posts

We aren't dealing with science.:| Don't expect a scientific argument.

Silver_Dragon17

The authors of those links could at least have attempted to do those first two in order though.

Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -5

#337 Decessus
Member since 2003 • 5132 Posts

The very fact that this quote is still used is evidence that people have no idea what they're talking about.

God is able and willing to prevent evil. So why doesn't He? Evil comes from humans, which just so happen to be His favorite creation. To destroy evil, humans have to go. Do you want that?

Silver_Dragon17

God created humans, therefore God created evil.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 Silver_Dragon17

Decessus

1) Why bump this topic; and 2) Humans are not evil in and of themselves. . .I gave how many links explaining this?:roll:

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 mig_killer2
Member since 2007 • 4906 Posts

Decessus

why'd you bump this?

anyway, God did create evil. says so right there in isaiah

but, would you rather be free-thinking creatures, or God-worshipping robots?

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Decessus"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

mig_killer2

why'd you bump this?

anyway, God did create evil. says so right there in isaiah

but, would you rather be free-thinking creatures, or God-worshipping robots?

God did not create evil.

1) Evil is...intentions and intentional acts (both being 'acts' or 'personally directed events' and not 'things') of intelligent agents, that violate the God-derived principles of love, fairness, or loyalty.

(2) No, 'acts' and 'events' are not 'made'--they are 'done'. God made and created 'things' and 'agents', not their 'acts' or 'events'...He 'did' His own 'acts' (of course), but other agents 'do' their own 'acts'. So God did not 'make evil' (the phrase is meaningless and nonsensical)

And, read this on that verse.

Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 Decessus

1) Why bump this topic; and 2) Humans are not evil in and of themselves. . .I gave how many links explaining this?

Silver_Dragon17

I didn't bump the topic, I merely responded to your post. If you don't feel like replying, feel free to skip over the topic and post somewhere else.

crusher2002000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 crusher2002000
Member since 2004 • 645 Posts

holly **** this topic is still going.

back on topic: every religion has some flaws

/thread

ppl that r looking for prove of my statement read the 17 pages before

Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 Decessus

God did not create evil.

1) Evil is...intentions and intentional acts (both being 'acts' or 'personally directed events' and not 'things') of intelligent agents, that violate the God-derived principles of love, fairness, or loyalty.

(2) No, 'acts' and 'events' are not 'made'--they are 'done'. God made and created 'things' and 'agents', not their 'acts' or 'events'...He 'did' His own 'acts' (of course), but other agents 'do' their own 'acts'. So God did not 'make evil' (the phrase is meaningless and nonsensical)

Silver_Dragon17

Then wouldn't it be appropriate to say that God created human beings with the capacity to do evil?

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 mig_killer2
Member since 2007 • 4906 Posts

God did not create evil.

Decessus

Then wouldn't it be appropriate to say that God created human beings with the capacity to do evil?

would you rather be some sort of robot or a free thinking creature?
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Silver_Dragon17

God did not create evil.

Decessus

I don't know. Perhaps He thought He gave us sense enough to figure that out.

Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 Decessus

would you rather be some sort of robot or a free thinking creature?mig_killer2

What I want is irrelevant. If God created human beings with the capacity to do evil, then it cannot be said God is omnibenevolent.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 Silver_Dragon17

[QUOTE="mig_killer2"] would you rather be some sort of robot or a free thinking creature?Decessus

What I want is irrelevant. If God created human beings with the capacity to do evil, then it cannot be said God is omnibenevolent.

As long as free will exists, then the capacity to do evil exists. If free will doesn't exist, then God is a dictator.

Do you have children, Decessus?

Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 Decessus

As long as free will exists, then the capacity to do evil exists. If free will doesn't exist, then God is a dictator.

Silver_Dragon17

I don't disagree with you. That doesn't change the point that God created humans with the capacity to do evil, therefore God cannot be said to be omnibenevolant.

No, I do not have children.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 Silver_Dragon17

Decessus

I don't disagree with you. That doesn't change the point that God created humans with the capacity to do evil, therefore God cannot be said to be omnibenevolant.

No, I do not have children.

Omnibenevolence meqans perfectly good, and all-loving. How is creating something capable of evil in opposition to this definition?

Do you plan to ever have kids?

cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
I believe in God, not the Bible.