The One Major Flaw of Christianity

This topic is locked from further discussion.

manic626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 manic626
Member since 2005 • 226 Posts
Before I begin, I am not an Athiest. I do believe in a higher power or "god" of the universe(s). However I cannot accept the Christian version of god. I have tried but there is one nagging fact the keeps me from becoming a Christian.

That is believing in Jesus, gods only son, IS THE ONLY WAY INTO HEAVEN. NO MATTER WHAT VALUES YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE BY. I'll explain.
A serial killer, rapist, career criminal can live his life anyway he wants to. But as long as he sincerely believes in Jesus Christ or accepts him at the last minute. He has bought his way into heaven.
However, someone who lives a just and moral life and does things to help out in society will still end up in hell if he does not believe in Jesus Christ. Believing in a higher power is simply not enough.
I'm sorry but I simply cannot accept this. That would mean the only reason to life, or to live is for Jesus. Which would mean anything else you do in life is meaningless if it wasn't for him. You could simply do whatever you wanted in life and copout at the last moment by sincerly accepting him.

Sorry for the rant but I've always heard Christians say something along this line. And I read a story about someone's near death experience. He was being judged and he found out that he wasn't even close to getting into heaven despite all the good things he's done in his life. When he came back, he said no matter what you do, the only way into heaven is believing in Jesus
Avatar image for Silver_Dragon17
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Silver_Dragon17
Member since 2007 • 6205 Posts

Before I begin, I am not an Athiest. I do believe in a higher power or "god" of the universe(s). However I cannot accept the Christian version of god. I have tried but there is one nagging fact the keeps me from becoming a Christian.

That is believing in Jesus, gods only son, IS THE ONLY WAY INTO HEAVEN. NO MATTER WHAT VALUES YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE BY. I'll explain.
A serial killer, rapist, career criminal can live his life anyway he wants to. But as long as he sincerely believes in Jesus Christ or accepts him at the last minute. He has bought his way into heaven.
However, someone who lives a just and moral life and does things to help out in society will still end up in hell if he does not believe in Jesus Christ. Believing in a higher power is simply not enough.
I'm sorry but I simply cannot accept this. That would mean the only reason to life, or to live is for Jesus. Which would mean anything else you do in life is meaningless if it wasn't for him. You could simply do whatever you wanted in life and copout at the last moment by sincerly accepting him.

Sorry for the rant but I've always heard Christians say something along this line. And I read a story about someone's near death experience. He was being judged and he found out that he wasn't even close to getting into heaven despite all the good things he's done in his life. When he came back, he said no matter what you do, the only way into heaven is believing in Jesusmanic626

This is absolutely false.

To be a Christian, you must believe in Christ. This much is true. But a serial killer, rapist, etc. can not get into heaven. People who only "believe" in Jesus for afterlife insurance will not enter Heaven.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

[QUOTE="manic626"]Before I begin, I am not an Athiest. I do believe in a higher power or "god" of the universe(s). However I cannot accept the Christian version of god. I have tried but there is one nagging fact the keeps me from becoming a Christian.

Sorry for the rant but I've always heard Christians say something along this line. And I read a story about someone's near death experience. He was being judged and he found out that he wasn't even close to getting into heaven despite all the good things he's done in his life. When he came back, he said no matter what you do, the only way into heaven is believing in JesusSilver_Dragon17

To be a Christian, you must believe in Christ. This much is true. But a serial killer, rapist, etc. can not get into heaven. People who only "believe" in Jesus for afterlife insurance will not enter Heaven.

Wrong. You CAN repent and get into Heaven regardless of prior sins. It's called forgiveness....and Christianity is an advocate of it.

But it's not a flaw...

crusher2002000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 crusher2002000
Member since 2004 • 645 Posts

i think the one flaw is that they only follow certain parts of the bible that fit them and take out the ones they dont' like. You can't pick and choose when its the word of God. Its either believe in it all or don't believe in it at all.

SilentFireX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SilentFireX
Member since 2005 • 1956 Posts

i think the one flaw is that they only follow certain parts of the bible that fit them and take out the ones they dont' like. You can't pick and choose when its the word of God. Its either believe in it all or don't believe in it at all.

crusher2002000

Give an example of this.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic

crusher2002000

You have to follow the teachings in the NT...those are the teachings that are Christian.:)

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

[QUOTE="manic626"]Before I begin, I am not an Athiest. I do believe in a higher power or "god" of the universe(s). However I cannot accept the Christian version of god. I have tried but there is one nagging fact the keeps me from becoming a Christian.

Sorry for the rant but I've always heard Christians say something along this line. And I read a story about someone's near death experience. He was being judged and he found out that he wasn't even close to getting into heaven despite all the good things he's done in his life. When he came back, he said no matter what you do, the only way into heaven is believing in JesusLJS9502_basic

Wrong. You CAN repent and get into Heaven regardless of prior sins. It's called forgiveness....and Christianity is an advocate of it.

But it's not a flaw...

I meant after the fact. . .

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Silver_Dragon17

crusher2002000

I love how people who know nothing of what I believe tell me how I should believe in it.

Give some examples.

DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 DrummerJon
Member since 2004 • 9668 Posts

However,someone who lives a just and moral life and does things to help out in society will still end up in hell if he does not believe in Jesus Christ.manic626

before this is another 300+ page thread that gets way off topic let me just make a point. Youre wrong, serial killers can't got o heaven unless they are truely sorry, then jesus can forgive them. if they use christ as a "get out of hell free card" they are royaly boned.

but you are correct, good people who dont believe in christ go to hell even SilverD doesn't deny that. So Buddha and Gandhi and I will be able to have a poker game in hell! yey!

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

I don't think most Christians believe that believing that Jesus was god's son is all that it takes to be saved. I've only ever heard a few small groups say that.

I think it's important to realize that by what is written in christian scripture, it is not up to man to decide who would go to heaven, hell, purgatory, other, etc. I think the christian bible plainly establishes God as the supreme judge of man and if any man tells you with absolute certainty that you are going to hell, heaven, purgatory, other, etc, he is a liar.

Assuming the biblical afterlife is true, God judges each person according to their own life, not what a man on earth said.

Edit: Also it is mentioned in the bible that sin will never enter into heaven. If a sinner just says on his death bed that he believes Jesus was the son of God, and he doesn't repent from his sin and remove it or have it removed from his life, just for the sake of entering heaven, it seems like God will have to remove the sin for him if he were going to enter heaven.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Silver_Dragon17

[QUOTE="manic626"]
However,someone who lives a just and moral life and does things to help out in society will still end up in hell if he does not believe in Jesus Christ.DrummerJon

but you are correct, good people who dont believe in christ go to hell even SilverD doesn't deny that. So Buddha and Gandhi and I will be able to have a poker game in hell! yey!

No, I don't deny that. And yes, I think Gandhi is in Hell. However, Hell has varying degrees of punishment. A "good" person who goes to hell will not have as hard a time as a "bad" person.

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts

Sorry for the rant but I've always heard Christians say something along this line. And I read a story about someone's near death experience. He was being judged and he found out that he wasn't even close to getting into heaven despite all the good things he's done in his life. When he came back, he said no matter what you do, the only way into heaven is believing in JesusLJS9502_basic

But it's not a flaw...

So I can go out and rape 50 people and kill 50 more people and as long as I go to a confession booth and admit to my sins I'm forgiven.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="DrummerJon"]

[QUOTE="manic626"]
However,someone who lives a just and moral life and does things to help out in society will still end up in hell if he does not believe in Jesus Christ.Silver_Dragon17

No, I don't deny that. And yes, I think Gandhi is in Hell. However, Hell has varying degrees of punishment. A "good" person who goes to hell will not have as hard a time as a "bad" person.

Where did you come up with that?

-Ophiuchus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Ophiuchus-
Member since 2006 • 226 Posts
It may be of interest to point out that a correct reading of the bible yields no reference to a heavenly afterlife outside of earth. Christ's renewing of creation is similar to that of his redemption of the repentant, those whom are redeemed are transformed, not destroyed as creation will be. And your comment on killers, Jesus taught that hating somebody is equally as sinful as hating somebody, giving our definition of sin a big spin. God hates sin to a much larger extent than we do, which is probably why he sets the boundaries for forgiveness and not us. Just be happy His redemption is as great as it is.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic

So I can go out and rape 50 people and kill 50 more people and as long as I go to a confession booth and admit to my sins I'm forgiven.

MGS9150

No...it doesn't work that way. You have to be sorry.....you can't just say hey I did this. And God can look into your heart.

crusher2002000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 crusher2002000
why do christians always try and rub their religion in everyone's faces ( im talking to u evangelicalists)
SilentFireX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SilentFireX
No...you'd have to be truly sorry for what you've done....and I seriously doubt that you would be.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic

why do christians always try and rub their religion in everyone's faces ( im talking to u evangelicalists)crusher2002000

Why do people stereotype, generalize, and enter threads that don't interest them?

TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 TallicaFan2005
Member since 2005 • 4126 Posts

Well there are like 50,000,000 flaws with christianity, but I'd say the major one is that people believe in it.....

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts

But it's not a flaw...

Yes. I agree 100% How could forgiveness be a flaw? I do have problems with Christianity but this is probably one of its best aspects.
SilentFireX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SilentFireX

why do christians always try and rub their religion in everyone's faces ( im talking to u evangelicalists)crusher2002000

Nice job you did answering my question. We're trying to rub our religion in everyone's faces? Atheists are the ones constantly bashing Christianity along with other religions.

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mig_killer2
Member since 2007 • 4906 Posts
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="DrummerJon"]

[QUOTE="manic626"]
However,someone who lives a just and moral life and does things to help out in society will still end up in hell if he does not believe in Jesus Christ.LJS9502_basic

the idea of differing levels of hell is mentioned no where in scripture
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Silver_Dragon17

LJS9502_basic

Jesus informed the citizens of certain communities in Galilee that in the day of judgment, it would be "more tolerable" for certain people of the ancient world (e.g., Tyre, Sidon, and Sodom) than for them (Mt. 11:20-24; cf. 10:15). The word "tolerable" means "bearable, endurable." In the Greek Testament the word represents a comparative format. The difference was in the opportunities each had enjoyed. Judgment was to be balanced against this factor.

Christ told about a certain master who took a trip. While he was away, his servants, who had been charged with various responsibilities, disobeyed him. When the Lord returned, and discovered that some had knowingly been disobedient, while others had disobeyed in ignorance, he punished them according to the level of their culpability (Lk. 12:47-48). There is perhaps no clearer passage than this, that teaches degrees of punishment.

During the course of his trial, Jesus informed Pilate: "He who delivered me unto you has the greater sin" (Jn. 19:11). Does not justice require a greater punishment for a greater sin?

A man who set aside the law of God under the Mosaic regime, was executed without mercy. The writer of the book of Hebrews declares that the one who tramples on the Son of God and who treats, as a common thing, the blood by which he was sanctified, will deserve a much "worse" punishment (Heb. 10:26-31). The principle is this: there is a greater level of responsibility for those who live under the better covenant, and there will be appropriate punishment meted out for those who, through apostasy, reject that which they previously embraced.

The apostle Peter wrote regarding those who had "escaped the defilements of the world" by virtue of their knowledge of the truth, i.e., obedience to the gospel (2 Pet. 2:20-22; cf. 1 Pet. 4:17). He warned that should they become entangled again in these defilements, and overcome, their "last state" (their apostate condition) would be "worse" than the first (the pre-conversion state). Ominously, he says it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness, than, after knowing it, to turn back to their former lifestyle. This, most assuredly, teaches a greater level of punishment for apostate Christians than for those who never knew the truth.

James provides a word of caution appropriate to this topic. "Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness" (3:1 ESV). Is there any question about the implication of that warning?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic

Well there are like 50,000,000 flaws with christianity, but I'd say the major one is that people believe in it.....

TallicaFan2005

And yet again....intolerance.:roll:

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Silver_Dragon17

the idea of differing levels of hell is mentioned no where in scripturemig_killer2

It's mentioned several times in Scripture.:|

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts

crusher2002000
Some do...most don't.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

I think the major flaw with Christianity is why did God create man? What is the real reason for man's existence?

I've heard different theories for this that span from it was just a grand experiment which is the reason for all existence and that God was just bored. I've never heard a reason that really made sense to me though.

If it was an experiment, why program the world in a way that evil would exist because God already knew the outcome and would know the result of the experiment.

I suppose just saying that God was bored is the best reason I've heard of, but it's really strange that the most ultimate power in existence would have little toys to play with for billions of years.

darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 darthzew
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts
Okay, but you're missing the other step: repent! In order to really say you're sorry for your sins, you must REPENT. Which means you need to honestly say that you will never do that sin again. God sees your heart, not your words. He knows if you really are repenting or if you are just trying to buy a "Get Out of Hell Free" card.
crusher2002000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 crusher2002000

[QUOTE="crusher2002000"]why do christians always try and rub their religion in everyone's faces ( im talking to u evangelicalists)SilentFireX

Nice job you did answering my question. We're trying to rub our religion in everyone's faces? Atheists are the ones constantly bashing Christianity along with other religions.

im not an atheist. i don't know if there is a god or not. nobody knows unless they have actually seen it. just because someone believes its real doesn't mean its the truth.

Avatar image for games_are_good_
games_are_good_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 games_are_good_
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
I reckon they must be truly sorry for what they did. And God would know if the were truly sorry. If you really are sorry, you should be forgiven. Therefore no rapists, murderers will get in. Unless they are sorry of course
SilentFireX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SilentFireX
[QUOTE="SilentFireX"]

[QUOTE="crusher2002000"]why do christians always try and rub their religion in everyone's faces ( im talking to u evangelicalists)crusher2002000

im not an atheist. i don't know if there is a god or not. nobody knows unless they have actually seen it. just because someone believes its real doesn't mean its the truth.

You've yet to answer my question...

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silver_Dragon17

I think the major flaw with Christianity is why did God create man? What is the real reason for man's existence?

I've heard different theories for this that span from it was just a grand experiment which is the reason for all existence and that God was just bored. I've never heard a reason that really made sense to me though.

If it was an experiment, why program the world in a way that evil would exist because God already knew the outcome and would know the result of the experiment.

I suppose just saying that God was bored is the best reason I've heard of, but it's really strange that the most ultimate power in existence would have little toys to play with for billions of years.

guynamedbilly

Nobody really knows. It's never mentioned why. We'll just have to wait and see.

slicknet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 slicknet
Member since 2003 • 2627 Posts

Sorry for the rant but I've always heard Christians say something along this line. And I read a story about someone's near death experience. He was being judged and he found out that he wasn't even close to getting into heaven despite all the good things he's done in his life. When he came back, he said no matter what you do, the only way into heaven is believing in Jesusmanic626

That is the truth, your heart has to change. doesn`'t matter what you have done, yes you could change at the last minute. The reason that people can show some sort of goodness is becuase of common grace,

http://www.thirdmill.org/answers/answer.asp/file/99814.qna/category/th/page/questions/site/iiim

(i actually asked that question)

You know the old saying, 'the truth is hard to take', well i believe when the Bible says something along the lines of, 'it was written in the books before the start of the world who will be saved and who won't'.

Though i do not believe i am saved!

Loonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Loonie
Member since 2003 • 3455 Posts
[QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

LJS9502_basic

You have to follow the teachings in the NT...those are the teachings that are Christian.:)

in the NT it says you have to follow the OT

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

Silver_Dragon17

Jesus informed the citizens of certain communities in Galilee that in the day of judgment, it would be "more tolerable" for certain people of the ancient world (e.g., Tyre, Sidon, and Sodom) than for them (Mt. 11:20-24; cf. 10:15). The word "tolerable" means "bearable, endurable." In the Greek Testament the word represents a comparative format. The difference was in the opportunities each had enjoyed. Judgment was to be balanced against this factor.

Christ told about a certain master who took a trip. While he was away, his servants, who had been charged with various responsibilities, disobeyed him. When the Lord returned, and discovered that some had knowingly been disobedient, while others had disobeyed in ignorance, he punished them according to the level of their culpability (Lk. 12:47-48). There is perhaps no clearer passage than this, that teaches degrees of punishment.

During the course of his trial, Jesus informed Pilate: "He who delivered me unto you has the greater sin" (Jn. 19:11). Does not justice require a greater punishment for a greater sin?

A man who set aside the law of God under the Mosaic regime, was executed without mercy. The writer of the book of Hebrews declares that the one who tramples on the Son of God and who treats, as a common thing, the blood by which he was sanctified, will deserve a much "worse" punishment (Heb. 10:26-31). The principle is this: there is a greater level of responsibility for those who live under the better covenant, and there will be appropriate punishment meted out for those who, through apostasy, reject that which they previously embraced.

The apostle Peter wrote regarding those who had "escaped the defilements of the world" by virtue of their knowledge of the truth, i.e., obedience to the gospel (2 Pet. 2:20-22; cf. 1 Pet. 4:17). He warned that should they become entangled again in these defilements, and overcome, their "last state" (their apostate condition) would be "worse" than the first (the pre-conversion state). Ominously, he says it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness, than, after knowing it, to turn back to their former lifestyle. This, most assuredly, teaches a greater level of punishment for apostate Christians than for those who never knew the truth.

James provides a word of caution appropriate to this topic. "Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness" (3:1 ESV). Is there any question about the implication of that warning?

Mt 11 20-24 Is a warning to unrepentent towns that they will be severly punished if they don't repent.

Lk. 12 47-48 Is a warning that much more will be required of those entrusted with more.

Jn 19 11 Is not the same scripture you quoted....though it doesn't matter.

Disregarding OT text.

Anyway...none of that text means what you've interpreted it to mean. There are no varying degrees in Heaven and Hell. You are either saved or you are not. You might want to read the text where Jesus speaks of punishment. In most of your text He is admonishing his disciples that they WILL be held to a stricter accounting.

SilentFireX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SilentFireX
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

Loonie

That isn't entirely true. Because of Jesus sacrifice for all of humanity on the cross, we no longer have to give sacrifices.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="crusher2002000"]

Loonie

Scripture text?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="mig_killer2"] the idea of differing levels of hell is mentioned no where in scriptureSilver_Dragon17

It's mentioned several times in Scripture.:|

No it's not...you've misinterpreted the text.

TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 TallicaFan2005
Member since 2005 • 4126 Posts
[QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"] Well there are like 50,000,000 flaws with christianity, but I'd say the major one is that people believe in it..... LJS9502_basic

Read my sig, about what the christians did to the Native Americans.. "You have to be white and believe in our god or will rip your freaking heads off and burn you alive!" .... Seriously, talk about intolerance.
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

LJS9502_basic

Mt 11 20-24 Is a warning to unrepentent towns that they will be severly punished if they don't repent.

Lk. 12 47-48 Is a warning that much more will be required of those entrusted with more.

Jn 19 11 Is not the same scripture you quoted....though it doesn't matter.

Disregarding OT text.

Anyway...none of that text means what you've interpreted it to mean. There are no varying degrees in Heaven and Hell. You are either saved or you are not. You might want to read the text where Jesus speaks of punishment. In most of your text He is admonishing his disciples that they WILL be held to a stricter accounting.

Perhaps you're right. But I still think there are varying degrees of punishment/reward in hell/heaven.

crusher2002000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 crusher2002000
i got another flaw. nobody knows what the interpretion is. one church may say one thing another says another. How can one follow this if the churches havent figured out the interpretion
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"] Well there are like 50,000,000 flaws with christianity, but I'd say the major one is that people believe in it..... TallicaFan2005

Read my sig, about what the christians did to the Native Americans.. "You have to be white and believe in our god or will rip your freaking heads off and burn you alive!" .... Seriously, talk about intolerance.

Study history...you might learn that mankind is rarely nice to those who are different or have something they want. And unless you can provide proof that all Christians slaughtered Native Americans you statement is baseless.

gs_gear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gs_gear
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts

The only problem is you don't really know when that last minute is.
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Silver_Dragon17

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"] Well there are like 50,000,000 flaws with christianity, but I'd say the major one is that people believe in it..... TallicaFan2005

That is not what happened. . .also, so what? You're blaming us for what some idiots did hundreds of years ago?:roll:

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

i got another flaw. nobody knows what the interpretion is. one church may say one thing another says another. How can one follow this if the churches havent figured out the interpretioncrusher2002000

If you want to make statements....back them up with some examples. Otherwise, your statement is meaningless.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Silver_Dragon17

i got another flaw. nobody knows what the interpretion is. one church may say one thing another says another. How can one follow this if the churches havent figured out the interpretioncrusher2002000

Because all denominations agree on one thing: Jesus. There's your Christianity, and everybody agrees.

SilentFireX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SilentFireX

That's why there's different denominations. Different denominations may believe different things.

dainjah1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dainjah1010
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts

[QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"] Well there are like 50,000,000 flaws with christianity, but I'd say the major one is that people believe in it..... Silver_Dragon17

That is not what happened. . .also, so what? You're blaming us for what some idiots did hundreds of years ago?:roll:

Yes, the same way religious people blame Hitler Stalin, et al. on atheism.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LJS9502_basic

Perhaps you're right. But I still think there are varying degrees of punishment/reward in hell/heaven.

Silver_Dragon17

Is that something you need to believe?

crusher2002000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 crusher2002000
ok then gay marriage, abortion. in some modern churches this is ok well other places this is considered a major sin