Is H0m0sexuality a choice?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts

All evidence points to no.

Prefering chocolate ice cream over vanilla is not a choice, it is just how ones taste buds are wired.

joeytentz

When I was little, I loved chocolate ice cream.

Now I hate it. Vanilla for the win.

Scarebaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Scarebaby
Member since 2008 • 1273 Posts

[QUOTE="Scarebaby"]If it was of any significance, I'd raise hell about this. I mean, I think heterosexuality is totally gross but I don't run around whining about that.Jandurin

lolz gross.

I guess the whole birthing part is gross.

Can't be grosser than horse birthing, though.

That was wild. And it was the mother's first birth, so she was FREAKING OUT. I thought she was gonna break her stall.

Wait... How did we go from sexuality to horses? You're good...

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Dracargen

If it was of any significance,Scarebaby

It isn't. The word "homosexuality" is censored in topic titles because people use the word homo as an insult, and the GS owners don't want that.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#54 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"]

[QUOTE="Scarebaby"]If it was of any significance, I'd raise hell about this. I mean, I think heterosexuality is totally gross but I don't run around whining about that.Scarebaby

lolz gross.

I guess the whole birthing part is gross.

Can't be grosser than horse birthing, though.

That was wild. And it was the mother's first birth, so she was FREAKING OUT. I thought she was gonna break her stall.

Wait... How did we go from sexuality to horses? You're good...

I think the link was rather obvious. >_>
Jenova_Flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Jenova_Flare
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

lol gay

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

Wait... How did we go from sexuality to horses? You're good...Scarebaby
:lol:

All girls like horses, FACT.

Anyway, is it the consequences of heterosexuality you were referring to, or the men? 'Cause I think the women are the grosser part of the, erm, couple.

pink_floyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 pink_floyd123
Member since 2006 • 1334 Posts

Nurture.

If it was nature then it would be an instinct, which humans don't have much of any more. If anything though, our instincts would be to be heterosexual and keep our race going. Taking this into account would make homosexuality an abnormalty of sorts. Which it isn't. The way you're brought up and the experiences you have with both sexes during your adolescense decides.

Scarebaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Scarebaby
:lol:

All girls like horses, FACT.

Anyway, is it the consequences of heterosexuality you were referring to, or the men? 'Cause I think the women are the grosser part of the, erm, couple.

Jandurin

The men, for sure!

And now I got modded too, just perfect. I bet it was one o' them damn hetresexuals or watchacall'em.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
The men, for sure!

And now I got modded too, just perfect. I bet it was one o' them damn hetresexuals or watchacall'em.Scarebaby

The men, lol.

Women, and their bits, are way grosser than men. Always leaking and such.

I really want to say "breeders?" but I bet that would get me modded.

darkslider99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 darkslider99
Member since 2004 • 11374 Posts
[QUOTE="ProudLarry"][QUOTE="Wolf-Man2006"]

I used to think it was an immoral choice, but then I starting to think that it can also be dangerous because in order to survive, we have to have babies.

chutup

yeah, because we're having so much trouble making babies, aren't we?

Haven't you seen the news recently about the world baby shortage and the baby riots in Africa?

Havn't you realized we're facing an overpopulation problems with water shortages and the such?
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

I have a gay friend and form what I've seen it isn't a choice. Think about how many homosexuals remain "in the closet". They don't want to be honest about their personal feelings because they are afraid of what friends/family/society might think of them. Why would anyone choose that?allnamestaken

Not enough Jesus in their lives?

Scarebaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Scarebaby

Women, and their bits, are way grosser than men. Always leaking and such.Jandurin

Hahahahahaha!! Golden! XD

ufopuller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#63 ufopuller
Member since 2004 • 6054 Posts

Social conditioning

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Mr_sprinkles
Member since 2005 • 6461 Posts
[QUOTE="joeytentz"]

Prefering chocolate ice cream over vanilla is not a choice, it is just how ones taste buds are wired.

Dracargen

Did you choose to hate it?
Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Dracargen
[QUOTE="Dracargen"][QUOTE="joeytentz"]

Mr_sprinkles

Did you choose to hate it?

Not consciously.

The fact that my taste changed at all shows that my taste buds were not wired to like Chocolate or Vanilla ice cream.

Jenova_Flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Jenova_Flare
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts
[QUOTE="chutup"][QUOTE="ProudLarry"][QUOTE="Wolf-Man2006"]

I used to think it was an immoral choice, but then I starting to think that it can also be dangerous because in order to survive, we have to have babies.

darkslider99

Haven't you seen the news recently about the world baby shortage and the baby riots in Africa?

Havn't you realized we're facing an overpopulation problems with water shortages and the such?

*thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud*

Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
Yeah...Pretty much EVERYTHING is. If you don't like being one, you simply don't be one. It's stupid that they say "I can't help it"
Robertoey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Robertoey
Member since 2005 • 1996 Posts
It's not a choice. The current theory suggests that homosexuality is triggered by a hormone bath of the egg at the incorrect stage of development. They think it's also influenced by a few genetic traits.
craig828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 craig828
Member since 2005 • 1857 Posts
i-like-pie wrote:Behold WORST band ever!
(video on their website)
http://www.blackoutband.com/

click if you dare...

I cried :(
But yeah, i believe it's how you're brought up

Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#70 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts
[QUOTE="Wolf-Man2006"]

ProudLarry

Obviously you haven't studied about sex because show me where a man-on-man gave birth to babies. If not, I guess the discussion is over.

Lakin0817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 Lakin0817
Member since 2004 • 440 Posts
If being a homosexual isn't a choice, then being a pedifile isn't a choice either. They were born with those desires...so it's ok. Heck, lets just give the pedifile rights to. We'll call it the Childrens rights movement. Sounds crazy but it's exactly what the gay community is doing. Anyone's sexuality is a choice. Some just feel more guilty than others and try to push it off on society. You don't see Heterosexuals making a big fuss about what they believe. Or ramming it down societies throats through the media. Only the gay community does this. I can only imagine the guilt they must feel to try and persuade everyone else it's not their fault they are sexual deviants. If they really didn't care, why do they feel the need to justify it. If they think its OK, they why bother? Well, that answers it's own question.
krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#72 krystians
Member since 2004 • 3577 Posts
It isn't a choice.kruesader

I believe that too.
Scarebaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Scarebaby

If being a homosexual isn't a choice, then being a pedifile isn't a choice either. They were born with those desires...so it's ok. Heck, lets just give the pedifile rights to. We'll call it the Childrens rights movement. Sounds crazy but it's exactly what the gay community is doing. Anyone's sexuality is a choice. Some just feel more guilty than others and try to push it off on society. You don't see Heterosexuals making a big fuss about what they believe. Or ramming it down societies throats through the media. Only the gay community does this. I can only imagine the guilt they must feel to try and persuade everyone else it's not their fault they are sexual deviants. If they really didn't care, why do they feel the need to justify it. If they think its OK, they why bother? Well, that answers it's own question.Lakin0817

So homosexuality and pedophilia is essentially the same thing?

the_one34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 the_one34
Member since 2004 • 1105 Posts

If being a homosexual isn't a choice, then being a pedifile isn't a choice either. They were born with those desires...so it's ok. Heck, lets just give the pedifile rights to. We'll call it the Childrens rights movement. Sounds crazy but it's exactly what the gay community is doing. Anyone's sexuality is a choice. Some just feel more guilty than others and try to push it off on society. You don't see Heterosexuals making a big fuss about what they believe. Or ramming it down societies throats through the media. Only the gay community does this. I can only imagine the guilt they must feel to try and persuade everyone else it's not their fault they are sexual deviants. If they really didn't careLakin0817

So you're saying homosexuality is wrong?

Lakin0817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Lakin0817

[QUOTE="Lakin0817"]If being a homosexual isn't a choice, then being a pedifile isn't a choice either. They were born with those desires...so it's ok. Heck, lets just give the pedifile rights to. We'll call it the Childrens rights movement. Sounds crazy but it's exactly what the gay community is doing. Anyone's sexuality is a choice. Some just feel more guilty than others and try to push it off on society. You don't see Heterosexuals making a big fuss about what they believe. Or ramming it down societies throats through the media. Only the gay community does this. I can only imagine the guilt they must feel to try and persuade everyone else it's not their fault they are sexual deviants. If they really didn't care, why do they feel the need to justify it. If they think its OK, they why bother? Well, that answers it's own question.Scarebaby

You tell me. They are both sexual desires aren't they. Does a pedifile choose his desires?
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

[QUOTE="Lakin0817"]If being a homosexual isn't a choice, then being a pedifile isn't a choice either. They were born with those desires...so it's ok. Heck, lets just give the pedifile rights to. We'll call it the Childrens rights movement. Sounds crazy but it's exactly what the gay community is doing. Anyone's sexuality is a choice. Some just feel more guilty than others and try to push it off on society. You don't see Heterosexuals making a big fuss about what they believe. Or ramming it down societies throats through the media. Only the gay community does this. I can only imagine the guilt they must feel to try and persuade everyone else it's not their fault they are sexual deviants. If they really didn't care, why do they feel the need to justify it. If they think its OK, they why bother? Well, that answers it's own question.Scarebaby

They're certainly in the same category...sexual preferences.

Social norms decides which one is acceptable though.

Lakin0817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Lakin0817

[QUOTE="Lakin0817"]If being a homosexual isn't a choice, then being a pedifile isn't a choice either. They were born with those desires...so it's ok. Heck, lets just give the pedifile rights to. We'll call it the Childrens rights movement. Sounds crazy but it's exactly what the gay community is doing. Anyone's sexuality is a choice. Some just feel more guilty than others and try to push it off on society. You don't see Heterosexuals making a big fuss about what they believe. Or ramming it down societies throats through the media. Only the gay community does this. I can only imagine the guilt they must feel to try and persuade everyone else it's not their fault they are sexual deviants. If they really didn't carethe_one34

So you're saying homosexuality is wrong?

I'm a Christian, love the sinner hate the sin. With saying that, yes I think its wrong cuz the bible teaches so. But in non believers defense, even if it isn't wrong (homosexuality) in societies eyes, then pedifilia isn't either, they are both sexual choices right? Sounds rediculous but true. On the other hand, if one isn't a choice, then either is the other. Now where does this leave the gay community and their ideas that its not wrong and they are born like this.

Scarebaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Scarebaby
[QUOTE="Scarebaby"]

[QUOTE="Lakin0817"]If being a homosexual isn't a choice, then being a pedifile isn't a choice either. They were born with those desires...so it's ok. Heck, lets just give the pedifile rights to. We'll call it the Childrens rights movement. Sounds crazy but it's exactly what the gay community is doing. Anyone's sexuality is a choice. Some just feel more guilty than others and try to push it off on society. You don't see Heterosexuals making a big fuss about what they believe. Or ramming it down societies throats through the media. Only the gay community does this. I can only imagine the guilt they must feel to try and persuade everyone else it's not their fault they are sexual deviants. If they really didn't care, why do they feel the need to justify it. If they think its OK, they why bother? Well, that answers it's own question.Lakin0817

You tell me. They are both sexual desires aren't they. Does a pedifile choose his desires?

No, pedophiles do not choose their desires, but the difference is that pedophiles after little children, and homosexuals are NOT. How can you compare those as if they're the same thing? I'm homosexual but I'll tell you what; I've never had sex with a child, I prefer full grown women.

Lakin0817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Lakin0817
[QUOTE="Scarebaby"]

[QUOTE="Lakin0817"]If being a homosexual isn't a choice, then being a pedifile isn't a choice either. They were born with those desires...so it's ok. Heck, lets just give the pedifile rights to. We'll call it the Childrens rights movement. Sounds crazy but it's exactly what the gay community is doing. Anyone's sexuality is a choice. Some just feel more guilty than others and try to push it off on society. You don't see Heterosexuals making a big fuss about what they believe. Or ramming it down societies throats through the media. Only the gay community does this. I can only imagine the guilt they must feel to try and persuade everyone else it's not their fault they are sexual deviants. If they really didn't care, why do they feel the need to justify it. If they think its OK, they why bother? Well, that answers it's own question.jointed

They're certainly in the same category...sexual preferences.

Social norms decides which one is acceptable though.

I agree 100%, now the only question is, who is pressing to influence those social norms? The gay community.

Scarebaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Scarebaby
in the same category...sexual preferences.

jointed

Then so is heterosexuality, since it's a sexual preference.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#81 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
It is as much a choice as being an ectomorph.

I pose this question to heterosexuals, if heterosexuality were considered "wrong" by society could you chose to become homosexual, the "right" sexual alignment? Think about that the next time you chastise homosexuals for being "wrong."

Homophobia is bull****.
tazzydnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#82 tazzydnc
Member since 2006 • 3874 Posts

it's a choice and it's a biological urge or predisposition. A person has homosexual urges because of the combination of their DNA and life experiences.

If you have a "johnson" and you put it inside another guy's rectum that is choice.

Lakin0817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Lakin0817
[QUOTE="Lakin0817"][QUOTE="Scarebaby"]

No, pedophiles do not choose their desires, but the difference is that pedophiles after little children, and homosexuals are NOT. How can you compare those as if they're the same thing? I'm homosexual but I'll tell you what; I've never had sex with a child, I prefer full grown women.

You're living in a shell, if you don't choose your sexual desires how can you say a pedifile chooses theirs. You're arrogant to say such a thing. You're basing your feelings on the victims. Hell all of society is a victim of homosexuality. They spread of diseases. They high rate of violence in gay relationships. They high rate of suicide in gay relationships. The high level of mental illness in the gay community.

tazzydnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 tazzydnc

Of course it isn't biological. I like the colour blue...is that because of my biological structure? No...

jointed

yes it is actually.

the_one34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 the_one34

It is as much a choice as being an ectomorph.

I pose this question to heterosexuals, if heterosexuality were considered "wrong" by society could you chose to become homosexual, the "right" sexual alignment? Think about that the next time you chastise homosexuals for being "wrong."

Homophobia is bull****.foxhound_fox

This.
catbuffalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86 catbuffalo
Member since 2006 • 905 Posts

What about people who choose to be straight to hide their homosexuality? There are a lot of goofy people in the world that would choose to go against what their body tells them.

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Mr_sprinkles

I agree 100%, now the only question is, who is pressing to influence those social norms? The gay community.

Lakin0817

Society appears to be moving towards accepting homosexuality. Is this a bad thing?

And the comparison with paedophilia is not a very good one. The reason Paedophilia is bad is because children cannot consent, and it is taking advantage of innocent children. This is not true of a gay couple.

Lakin0817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Lakin0817
[QUOTE="Scarebaby"][QUOTE="Lakin0817"][QUOTE="Scarebaby"]

[QUOTE="Lakin0817"]If being a homosexual isn't a choice, then being a pedifile isn't a choice either. They were born with those desires...so it's ok. Heck, lets just give the pedifile rights to. We'll call it the Childrens rights movement. Sounds crazy but it's exactly what the gay community is doing. Anyone's sexuality is a choice. Some just feel more guilty than others and try to push it off on society. You don't see Heterosexuals making a big fuss about what they believe. Or ramming it down societies throats through the media. Only the gay community does this. I can only imagine the guilt they must feel to try and persuade everyone else it's not their fault they are sexual deviants. If they really didn't care, why do they feel the need to justify it. If they think its OK, they why bother? Well, that answers it's own question.Lakin0817

You're living in a shell, if you don't choose your sexual desires how can you say a pedifile chooses theirs. You're arrogant to say such a thing. You're basing your feelings on the victims. Hell all of society is a victim of homosexuality. They spread of diseases. They high rate of violence in gay relationships. They high rate of suicide in gay relationships. The high level of mental illness in the gay community.

Homophobia can be described as self preservation. If leprcy was a community Would you support it. Heck no, why would you want to see a community flourish and thrive that is killing itself along with innocents due to the spread of diseases caused by unnatural actions? Even an atheist can agree, if nature rejects an action that causes the spread of bacteria and disease, then there must be something wrong with that action. Man was not made to interact with man, same with woman. It's unnatural even from a Godles viewpoint.

Scarebaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Scarebaby
[

Lakin0817

I'm living in a shell?! Good God!

I want you to link me to those statistics that prove what you just said about homosexual relationships.

the_one34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 the_one34
If homosexuality is a choice why do some animals exhibit such behaviour? Are they capable of choosing their sexuality?
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
[QUOTE="jointed"]

Of course it isn't biological. I like the colour blue...is that because of my biological structure? No...

tazzydnc

yes it is actually.

It is? So I'm biologically predestined to like, lets say, fast cars too? No...it has nothing to do with my biological structure.

Lakin0817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Lakin0817
[QUOTE="Lakin0817"]

Mr_sprinkles

Society appears to be moving towards accepting homosexuality. Is this a bad thing?

And the comparison with paedophilia is not a very good one. The reason Paedophilia is bad is because children cannot consent, and it is taking advantage of innocent children. This is not true of a gay couple.

You're getting off the subject pal. It's not about consent, we are discussing desires. Is the desire a choice or not. Stay on subject.

Lakin0817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Lakin0817

If homosexuality is a choice why do some animals exhibit such behaviour? Are they capable of choosing their sexuality?the_one34

How many studies have shown that animals have the same sex partner? Has a male dog tried to bone another male dog? Yes becuase they are horny DOGS. They try to screw a stuffed animal. Does that mean they are born to bone stuffed animals. Poor analogy on your part. You will see two monkeys, male and female as a couple for life. You won't see to males who regularly interact sexually for live.

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Mr_sprinkles

Italics applies to heterosexual couples too.

As for the bolded, do you think this is because they are in a relationship with the person they love (regardless of gender) or because people like you feel the need to demonise and marginalise them?

tazzydnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tazzydnc

Yea being gay and living in "society" sucks for all those reasons. Be gay so long as you dont rape or overly pressure someone else into a form of intercourse they dont truly want. If you want to come, then come but don't hurt yourself or your partner in the process.

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Mr_sprinkles
[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="Lakin0817"]

Lakin0817

You're getting off the subject pal. It's not about consent, we are discussing desires. Is the desire a choice or not. Stay on subject.

No the desire is not a choice. I thought we had already established that?
ThrillTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ThrillTorn
Member since 2008 • 483 Posts
Erm....homosexuality isn't something changable and it also isn't a choice

http://www.narth.com/docs/hom101.html
the_one34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 the_one34

[QUOTE="the_one34"]If homosexuality is a choice why do some animals exhibit such behaviour? Are they capable of choosing their sexuality?Lakin0817

How many studies have shown that animals have the same sex partner? Has a male dog tried to bone another male dog? Yes becuase they are horny DOGS. They try to screw a stuffed animal. Does that mean they are born to bone stuffed animals. Poor analogy on your part. You will see two monkeys, male and female as a couple for life. You won't see to males who regularly interact sexually for live.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality#Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Each point has its own citation, more or less.

"For example, male penguin couples have been documented to mate for life, build nests together, and to use a stone as a surrogate egg in nesting and brooding. In a well-publicized story from 2004, the Central Park Zoo in the United States replaced one male couple's stone with a fertile egg, which the couple then raised as their own offspring.[144]"

Yes, I'm sure sure that building nests together and using a stone as a surrogate egg is just because they were very horny.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#99 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Homophobia can be described as self preservation. If leprcy was a community Would you support it. Heck no, why would you want to see a community flourish and thrive that is killing itself along with innocents due to the spread of diseases caused by unnatural actions? Even an atheist can agree, if nature rejects an action that causes the spread of bacteria and disease, then there must be something wrong with that action. Man was not made to interact with man, same with woman. It's unnatural even from a Godles viewpoint.

Lakin0817

Comparing homosexuality to a disease... how... noble of you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

If homosexuality is not "natural" then why does it exist so prominently in other species of animals? Just because it doesn't produce offspring doesn't make it "against nature." The average for "better parents" in humans in the West is weighted more towards homosexual couples because of the strict screening process they go through for adoption/artificial insemination.

Just because nature gives you the ability to create a child doesn't mean you are ultimately suited to doing it.
Lakin0817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Lakin0817
[QUOTE="Lakin0817"][QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="Lakin0817"]

Mr_sprinkles

No the desire is not a choice. I thought we had already established that?

That's my point. If it's not a choice then either is pedophila. They are simply sexual desires they are born with. It's insignificant who it affects. If there is significance on who it affects, then it becomes choice now doesn't it?