Is H0m0sexuality a choice?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

The reference to disease shows that you aren't born that way. If a life s t y l e induces the spread of disease then it must be unnatural. If it goes against the nature of Gods creation (or the laws of nature for you atheists) then it must be a choice. Otherwise it's genocide. Wise up people, think with your mind, not your heart.

Lakin0817

You know what spreads disease much more than sexual relations? Living in close proximity to other humans. Oh snap! I guess families go against the nature of God's creation. For that matter, all of society goes against the nature of God's creation. We should all be living in total isolation from each other, because our current lifestyle 'induces the spread of disease,' and thus must be un-natural.

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352 pianist

Well I belive that it is choice. It may be strongly influenced by many things, but I still think that if a gay persin really deep down in his heart decided that it was wrong he would change his ways. It would be hard but he would. Seccondly as I stated before, you don't have to hae sex with someone just because you love them. Gay people could choose not to engage in sex with another man because it's wrong. They might not be able to change the urge but they could resist it.

P47Rotgut

Nice theory. Let's try a hypothetical situation, shall we? Let's say the tables were reversed and it was heterosexuality that was shunned by society. Could you switch your orientation and decide to be homosexual? I couldn't. And since homosexual sex has nothing at all to do with whether or not heterosexuals have sex, I fail to see how this in any way hinders God's plan. They aren't going to be having sex with women, so in reality, they're irrelevant to the success of the plan one way or another.

"It goes against God's plan" is nothing more than an excuse to help people feel justified in their bigotry or homophobia.

Super-Malijube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 Super-Malijube
Member since 2008 • 1368 Posts

No, they are just unlucky to have had traumas in the past that made them gayThiago26792

Like what?

Super-Malijube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 Super-Malijube

Its a choice. Biologically males are meant to be with a femaleacidBURN1942

That doesn't have any affect on guys being attracted to other guys. It's not a choice.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I say its a choice
Super-Malijube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 Super-Malijube

I say its a choiceLonelynight

Why?

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 pianist
[QUOTE="RiSkyBiZ-13"]

[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"]Sexuality is a choice. That's all that needs to be said.MissRiotmaker

Evidence? Backing? Anything?

Forget it. People like you just fail to get things. Ignored. Edit Also, learn to read. I'm not a "he".

I'd like to see some kind of validity to your argument as well, anything would suffice.

I'd like to see people claiming otherwise to offer any kind of backing evidence. I have yet to see any. How ironic. :roll: P.S. I'm gone from this thread. Argue with yourselves if you wish.

It seems the APA disagrees with you. But what do they know.

Deciding to have sex is a choice. If that's what you were initially claiming, then I agree. But professionals tend to agree that sexuality (or orientation) is not consciously chosen. Influenced, sure, but not chosen.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
A person's sexual orientation has been held to be biologically based by science for several years now. No it's not a choice, I'd advise anybody who disagrees to look at some biological studies on it.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 pianist
[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="nbtrap1212"]

[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"]Sexuality is a choice. That's all that needs to be said.nbtrap1212

Evidence? Backing? Anything?

When was the last time you were forced to have sex?

I assumed he was referring to sexual preference.

A homosexual is one who engages in sexual intercourse with the same sex, not one who merely feels the attraction.

The dictionary disapproves of your definition.

This is the definition of the noun. That leads you to this. So you can conclude that a homosexual is one who has sexual desire towards a person or persons of the same sex. Whether or not the desire is acted on is irrelevant.

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 pianist

everyone that says it's not a choice is ignorant. I'm not trolling, I'm trying to tell you the truth. Homosexuality is a choice, you choose to have sex with the same sex. You may have urges to have sex with the same sex because of influences based on whatever growing up, but its our human contol of our urges that seperates us from animals. We are not animals. We can control ourselves. People can lose control, but everyone has the choice to keep control.Premier1101

You seem to be confusing the act of having sex with sexual orientation. And if you aren't confusing them, you're calling the APA ignorant. But I guess you would know more than they do about sexual psychology. After all, everybody knows that Gamespot forumites are the true authorities in all intellectual and scientific matters.