For all you people who believe in god?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

smarb001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#401 smarb001
Member since 2005 • 2325 Posts
[QUOTE="smarb001"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="mingo123"]

what witness? only 1 person?

fanofazrienoch

To the crucifixtion? It was public and several people were around. So that 1 person is not true. Again...first learn Christianity and not what Islam SAYS is Christianity.

How do YOU know what happened? The bible is not an accurate historical document, it cannot be used as proof that anything happened, only as a basis for further research. Of course, in every story there is usually a grain of truth, but everything in the bible is just that, stories, not to be taken literally or interpreted as the words of God himself. In this day and age, anyone who believes in the bible literally is brainwashed, brought up with their beliefs. Just look at all the Creationists out there... :roll: :lol:

the New Testament isn't a reliable historical document.

mind telling us how you arrived at that conclusion?

oh I will go into the historical and textual reliability of the new testament, I just want to know how you arrived at THAT conclusion specifically.

Its unreliable simply because it was written by the first party, who were obviously biased and truly believed all the BS they were talking about. How if the Bible had been written by the Romans, or by the Jewish onlookers, or some random passerby, the Bible would be completely different. Its like saying that reading a propoganda booklet written by Hitler's followers is a reliable source of information...

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#402 BobSacamento
Member since 2003 • 4340 Posts

everybody was runnign around in the olden days preaching their stories, people following people

you know that our species once prayed to the sun right?

that we once burned witches

you're supposed to evolve for christ sakes your holding back our evolution morons

fanofazrienoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403 fanofazrienoch
Member since 2008 • 1573 Posts
[QUOTE="fanofazrienoch"][QUOTE="smarb001"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="mingo123"]

what witness? only 1 person?

smarb001

To the crucifixtion? It was public and several people were around. So that 1 person is not true. Again...first learn Christianity and not what Islam SAYS is Christianity.

How do YOU know what happened? The bible is not an accurate historical document, it cannot be used as proof that anything happened, only as a basis for further research. Of course, in every story there is usually a grain of truth, but everything in the bible is just that, stories, not to be taken literally or interpreted as the words of God himself. In this day and age, anyone who believes in the bible literally is brainwashed, brought up with their beliefs. Just look at all the Creationists out there... :roll: :lol:

the New Testament isn't a reliable historical document.

mind telling us how you arrived at that conclusion?

oh I will go into the historical and textual reliability of the new testament, I just want to know how you arrived at THAT conclusion specifically.

Its unreliable simply because it was written by the first party, who were obviously biased and truly believed all the BS they were talking about. How if the Bible had been written by the Romans, or by the Jewish onlookers, or some random passerby, the Bible would be completely different. Its like saying that reading a propoganda booklet written by Hitler's followers is a reliable source of information...

appeal to motives. fallacy. sorry bud.

if it was written by an eye-witness, and the Gospels of Matthew and John were eye-witnesses, then these Gospels are pretty damned reliable and valueable as historical documents.

fanofazrienoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 fanofazrienoch
bobsacramento, stop spamming the board.
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 BobSacamento

it's SACAmento

stop spamming your BS to the world

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#406 airg6
Member since 2006 • 4390 Posts

everybody was runnign around in the olden days preaching their stories, people following people

you're supposed to evolve for christ sakes your holding back our evolution morons

BobSacamento
Again, why not have hope? Life is not long, thats why we belive. We want to live longer with jesus in the paradise we were promised. Id rather have hope instead of thoughts of when I die, I die and go nowwhere.
smarb001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 smarb001
[QUOTE="smarb001"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="smarb001"]

Arguing with a Christian is like arguing with a brick wall; you're never going to get anywhere and in the end you'll look like an idiot.

LJS9502_basic

Which can be said of other religions and atheists as well.;)

Yeah well, at least Athiests have a solid basis for their beliefs... I mean how many of you believers in here came to the assumption that God exists by yourself, without it being drilled into your head at church or by your parents. At least in ancient times people were creative with their gods, and thought their own system of beliefs instead of simply adopting the dominant religion. I mean, I actually came to the conclusion that all religions are lies by thinking about it and suddenly I understood, how did this happen to you? How much do you want to bet that it didn't, because you've never experienced anything else and have never seriously questioned your religion....

Beliefs are beliefs. And at this time we have no answer which is correct. Therefore, atheists are no more correct than anyone else.

More erroneous assumptions....:lol: Seriously dude....stop assuming. One is generally wrong when doing that.

Wait, I see what you did thar. You completely dodged my point and spat out the cliched "we don't know the truth"line, probably because everything I just "assumed" happened to hit a nerve. How about thinking for yourself? I don't respect people that simply accept the information that is shoved in front of them without even thinking about its truthfulness. But of course, if you've been going to church ever since you were born, you're not really to blame. Your beliefs are "wrong", you've just been misguided by the people that everyone trusts most: their family.

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 BobSacamento
[QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

airg6

Again, why not have hope? Life is not long, thats why we belive. We want to live longer with jesus in the paradise we were promised. Id rather have hope instead of thoughts of when I die, I die and go nowwhere.

people like me don't need hope

what are you hoping for? why can't you be happy now and just die happy?

you just need to think on this, i personally wouldn't want to live on forever

even if there is a heaven, i know for SURE that it's not a physical place like here with an all you can eat buffet - and if you believe that then you're the pinnacle of human stupidity

so whats there to look forward to, even a spiritual heaven is still death

fanofazrienoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 fanofazrienoch
smarb001, whats your take on the historicity of Jesus?
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 BobSacamento
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="smarb001"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="smarb001"]

Arguing with a Christian is like arguing with a brick wall; you're never going to get anywhere and in the end you'll look like an idiot.

smarb001

Which can be said of other religions and atheists as well.;)

Yeah well, at least Athiests have a solid basis for their beliefs... I mean how many of you believers in here came to the assumption that God exists by yourself, without it being drilled into your head at church or by your parents. At least in ancient times people were creative with their gods, and thought their own system of beliefs instead of simply adopting the dominant religion. I mean, I actually came to the conclusion that all religions are lies by thinking about it and suddenly I understood, how did this happen to you? How much do you want to bet that it didn't, because you've never experienced anything else and have never seriously questioned your religion....

Beliefs are beliefs. And at this time we have no answer which is correct. Therefore, atheists are no more correct than anyone else.

More erroneous assumptions....:lol: Seriously dude....stop assuming. One is generally wrong when doing that.

Wait, I see what you did thar. You completely dodged my point and spat out the cliched "we don't know the truth"line, probably because everything I just "assumed" happened to hit a nerve. How about thinking for yourself? I don't respect people that simply accept the information that is shoved in front of them without even thinking about its truthfulness. But of course, if you've been going to church ever since you were born, you're not really to blame. Your beliefs are "wrong", you've just been misguided by the people that everyone trusts most: their family.

you don't happen to live around Toronto do you? because i'm looking to add a new friend into my life

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 airg6
Has anyone ever thought that just maybe I FEEL God and that I acknowledge His presence everywhere...? The problem is, you guys have never felt anything like it I suppose... Oh but here we go, flame me, go ahead, I can take it.brightshadow525
Thats why we have faith for the billionth time. You athiests only belive what you can see, feel or touch. God says in the bible that if you have faith, even though it may be hard because you have no credible truth, in the end you'll be rewarded.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

smarb001

Sorry to disappoint but you hit nothing. My beliefs aren't shaken because you assume you know facts...when in reality all you know is your own beliefs. You don't mean thinking for oneself because I clearly do...you mean you don't respect any opinion but your own. Again with the assumptions. You don't know me so stop trying to speak for me. You are 100 % wrong every single time you try.:lol:

Avatar image for brightshadow525
brightshadow525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#414 brightshadow525
Member since 2006 • 1149 Posts

[QUOTE="brightshadow525"]Has anyone ever thought that just maybe I FEEL God and that I acknowledge His presence everywhere...? The problem is, you guys have never felt anything like it I suppose... Oh but here we go, flame me, go ahead, I can take it.airg6
Thats why we have faith for the billionth time. You athiests only belive what you can see, feel or touch. God says in the bible that if you have faith, even though it may be hard because you have no credible truth, in the end you'll be rewarded.

Wait... I'm confused... I'm not an atheist... Lol

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 airg6
[QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

BobSacamento

even if there is a heaven, i know for SURE that it's not a physical place like here with an all you can eat buffet - and if you believe that then you're the pinnacle of human stupidity

Whatever. I guess i'll be livin with God in heaven cookin on the barbecue while youre in a shallow grave doing nothing for eternity.
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 airg6

[QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="brightshadow525"]Has anyone ever thought that just maybe I FEEL God and that I acknowledge His presence everywhere...? The problem is, you guys have never felt anything like it I suppose... Oh but here we go, flame me, go ahead, I can take it.brightshadow525

Wait... I'm confused... I'm not an atheist... Lol

Maybe I misunderstood you. I guess youre on my side. Sorry about that. I just dont understand why these other guys dont belive in something that could actually be truthful.
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 BobSacamento
[QUOTE="smarb001"]

LJS9502_basic

Sorry to disappoint but you hit nothing. My beliefs aren't shaken because you assume you know facts...when in reality all you know is your own beliefs. You don't mean thinking for oneself because I clearly do...you mean you don't respect any opinion but your own. Again with the assumptions. You don't know me so stop trying to speak for me. You are 100 % wrong every single time you try.:lol:

*you hear that god? i still believe in you! i didn't for one second believe these blasphemers! PLEASE DONT CRUSH ME OH SWEET LORD THAT I LOVE!!!*

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 BobSacamento
[QUOTE="BobSacamento"][QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

airg6

Whatever. I guess i'll be livin with God in heaven cookin on the barbecue while youre in a shallow grave doing nothing for eternity.

see thats the beauty of it, as long as you believe in heaven during life - and how it forces you to act - it wont matter what happens when your dead - CUZ YOUR DEAD

it's not like you die and theres nothing and your just like "awww man this F'ing sucks" NO - BECAUSE YOUR DEAD

why even go through the trouble of having a heaven lol, if your dead your dead - theres no dissapointment

brightshadow525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 brightshadow525

BobSacamento

Umm... Ok.... If you just assume that heaven and hell exist, what then? You lived and died happy but what next? Suffer eternally? Doesn't sound like a good plan to me...

smarb001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 smarb001

Has anyone ever thought that just maybe I FEEL God and that I acknowledge His presence everywhere...? The problem is, you guys have never felt anything like it I suppose... Oh but here we go, flame me, go ahead, I can take it.brightshadow525

Flame you I will.

Do you know what a placebo is? If you really believe in something, full-heartedly, your mind tends to make you feel things that aren't there. For example, if a doctor you would trust with your life gave you medicine to help with your headache, you'd trust him to give you the right medicine, correct? But what if he was really giving you Tic-Tacs? And your headache went away simply because your body thought it was getting better. The power of the mind is incredible, so if you really believe that God is all around you, and you think you can feel his presence, your mind will make you feel his precence. Simple psychology.

brightshadow525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 brightshadow525

*you hear that god? i still believe in you! i didn't for one second believe these blasphemers! PLEASE DONT CRUSH ME OH SWEET LORD THAT I LOVE!!!*

BobSacamento

Wow... You're cool... That wasn't even funny... I respect atheist who can at least make good jokes... You don't make the list.

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 BobSacamento

[QUOTE="brightshadow525"]Has anyone ever thought that just maybe I FEEL God and that I acknowledge His presence everywhere...? The problem is, you guys have never felt anything like it I suppose... Oh but here we go, flame me, go ahead, I can take it.smarb001

Flame you I will?

Do you know what a placebo is? If you really believe in something, full-heartedly, your mind tends to make you feel things that aren't there. For example, if a doctor you would trust with your life gave you medicine to help with your headache, you'd trust him to give you the right medicine, correct? But what if he was really giving you Tic-Tacs? And your headache went away simply because your body thought it was getting better. The power of the mind is incredible, so if you really believe that God is all around you, and you think you can feel his presence, your mind will make you feel his precence. Simple psychology.

omg i think in love you lol

i've gone so long without ever meeting another legitimately SMART person - not smart as in "i have a 92% averag" but a real SMART person whos a deep thinker and not a complete drone

sorry its just been soo long i thought i'd lost hope

see i have hope, hope that you religious kooks will one day wake up

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 BobSacamento
[QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

brightshadow525

Wow... You're cool... That wasn't even funny... I respect atheist who can at least make good jokes... You don't make the list.

it honestly wasnt a joke so i don't take offence lol

it was me mocking a religious persons thought pattern

sorry i didnt impress

fanofazrienoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 fanofazrienoch
[QUOTE="smarb001"]

[QUOTE="brightshadow525"]Has anyone ever thought that just maybe I FEEL God and that I acknowledge His presence everywhere...? The problem is, you guys have never felt anything like it I suppose... Oh but here we go, flame me, go ahead, I can take it.BobSacamento

Flame you I will?

i've gone so long without ever meeting another legitimately SMART person - not smart as in "i have a 92% averag" but a real SMART person whos a deep thinker and not a complete drone

bob, what's your opinion on whether jesus as a man existed?
SAURON221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 SAURON221
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts

As Stephen Colbert put it, in Stephen Colbert I am America (and so can you)

Agnostics- "Atheists with out balls."

brightshadow525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 brightshadow525

[QUOTE="brightshadow525"]Has anyone ever thought that just maybe I FEEL God and that I acknowledge His presence everywhere...? The problem is, you guys have never felt anything like it I suppose... Oh but here we go, flame me, go ahead, I can take it.smarb001

Flame you I will?

If I explained the situations and everything that happened you wouldn't think the same. But I'm not going to because you'd think I'm insane and just 'cause it'd take too long.

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 BobSacamento

I think there's proof enough that he existed

Pretty sure of it

He just didn't create the reality you know and love - or somebody he knows

He was just a crazy person

Lots of people kill themselves for crazy reasons

see: suicide bomber

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 BobSacamento

OR he was smart and saw that people in that time needed hope and guidance and needed to be kept in line

i don't know if he was crazy good or crazy bad

brightshadow525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 brightshadow525

BobSacamento

Mhm... So basically everyone who thinks differently than you isn't smart... Great... Yea... That's really smart of you...

fanofazrienoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 fanofazrienoch

Pretty sure of it

BobSacamento
okay. so how about the empty tomb? whats your take on that?
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 BobSacamento

yes, to me anyone who is religious is automatically a small-minded person to me

they can still be smart, as in able to calculate complex equations instantly in their brain, or write a brilliant symphony

but whatever i don't HATE these people i just see what religion does to people in the world and it upsets me

smarb001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 smarb001
[QUOTE="smarb001"]

LJS9502_basic

Inform me about your life in that case, I would be happy to apologize if everything I just "assumed" is "100% wrong". Oh and I wasn't trying to shake your beliefs, simply trying to know if your beliefs had ever been shaken, because if not, you have absolutely nothing to base your beliefs on except what you've been told.

brightshadow525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 brightshadow525

sorry i didnt impress

BobSacamento

Yea... Mocking... Joking... Pretty much the same thing.

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 airg6
[QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="BobSacamento"][QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

BobSacamento

see thats the beauty of it, as long as you believe in heaven during life - and how it forces you to act - it wont matter what happens when your dead - CUZ YOUR DEAD

it's not like you die and theres nothing and your just like "awww man this F'ing sucks" NO - BECAUSE YOUR DEAD

why even go through the trouble of having a heaven lol, if your dead your dead - theres no dissapointment

Like you told me, how do you know that god exsists. How do you know what happens when you dies. For all you know there is a heaven and a hell. The non belivers go to hell.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

they can still be smart, as in able to calculate complex equations instantly in their brain, or write a brilliant symphony

but whatever i don't HATE these people i just see what religion does to people in the world and it upsets me

BobSacamento

Interesting...I see it the opposite. Someone who can believe in only what they see as closeminded.;)

brightshadow525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 brightshadow525

BobSacamento

Lol... Uh? It made me a much better person...

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 BobSacamento
[QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

Pretty sure of it

fanofazrienoch

Jesus Inc. was a freaking corporation back then lol

thats not enough lol

they decided back then that jesus was immortal

and it wouldn't have been his physical body that left our world anyway RIGHT?

fanofazrienoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 fanofazrienoch

BobSacamento

you just said anyone who is religious is automatically small minded.

why do you say this when the position which you are trying to defend is so untenable that you never respond to the arguments made by the opposition?

just how strong is your position if you can do nothing but bombard the opposition with insults and ad hominem attacks rather than engaging in actual civil discourse?

fanofazrienoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 fanofazrienoch
[QUOTE="fanofazrienoch"][QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

Pretty sure of it

BobSacamento

thats not enough lol

you didn't answer the question.

was the tomb empty?

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 BobSacamento
[QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

brightshadow525

Lol... Uh? It made me a much better person...

yes but for the wrong reasons

you act nice and giving and thoughtful because you are either told to or afraid not to

not because your brain sees the world and our situation as it is, and come to the conclusion that we all have to get through this together and help one another out

so yeah, that is why religion is good - makes people be good, but not for the right reason

sorry if i start not to make sense im on no sleep and watching a movie and typing like a madman and not checking for errors

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 BobSacamento
[QUOTE="BobSacamento"][QUOTE="fanofazrienoch"][QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

Pretty sure of it

fanofazrienoch

thats not enough lol

was the tomb empty?

was it? i don't know? i'm going on information you gave me

brightshadow525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 brightshadow525
[QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

fanofazrienoch

you just said anyone who is religious is automatically small minded.

why do you say this when the position which you are trying to defend is so untenable that you never respond to the arguments made by the opposition?

just how strong is your position if you can do nothing but bombard the opposition with insults and ad hominem attacks rather than engaging in actual civil discourse?

Duh, it's because he has nothing to stand on. He's just attacking Christianity just because he doesn't believe in it. He's calling people close-minded when he shuts his mind off to anything that doesn't align with his views. He has nothing real to lay out, so he resorts to verbal attacks.

smarb001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 smarb001
[QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

Pretty sure of it

fanofazrienoch

Could've been anything. Graverobbers, fanatics who wanted to touch the "Son of God" one last time, just about anyone could've just walked in and taken the body... but of course the believers find the empty tomb and automatically assume he rose from the dead. And about Jesus appearing to them... dreams, perhaps? Makes a lot more sense than a dead person simply standing up and walking off in any case.

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 airg6

Pretty sure of it

BobSacamento

thats not enough lol

Another thing. How am I to enjoy my life with all you sinners around me screwing it up for me. Religion keeps me in line and made me a better person so I dident have to ruin your measley exsistence.
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 BobSacamento

guys whatever i'm not trying to be hitler here you can believe what you want

thats the diffence between an athiest and a religious person

go ahead and do what you want it doesn't affect me

i just want people to be more open minded - and i hope that people will evolve to the point where we no longer need religion as a reason to treat each other well - cuz then all the bad things religion brings (war, killing, segregation) will go away too

drj077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 drj077
Member since 2003 • 8375 Posts
[QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

LJS9502_basic

Interesting...I see it the opposite. Someone who can believe in only what they see as closeminded.;)

To be honest, if a person doesn't fall right in between those two extremes, then they have issues. Humanity doesn't function at such extremes. The human mind is designed to interpret its world both objectively and subjectively. Not one or the other.

fanofazrienoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447 fanofazrienoch
[QUOTE="fanofazrienoch"][QUOTE="BobSacamento"][QUOTE="fanofazrienoch"][QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

Pretty sure of it

BobSacamento

thats not enough lol

was the tomb empty?

was it? i don't know? i'm going on information you gave me

well, the jewish leadership (sanhedrin, pharisees) admitted that the tomb was empty by claiming that the disciples stole it.

also, the disciples could not have possibly believed in the resurrection in the face of an occupied tomb.

fanofazrienoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448 fanofazrienoch

Pretty sure of it

smarb001

Could've been anything. Graverobbers, fanatics who wanted to touch the "Son of God" one last time, just about anyone could've just walked in and taken the body... but of course the believers find the empty tomb and automatically assume he rose from the dead. And about Jesus appearing to them... dreams, perhaps? Makes a lot more sense than a dead person simply standing up and walking off in any case.

alright. great. you've accepted that the tomb of Jesus was empty.

so how about the Post resurrection appearences to the twelve, James, Paul, and the 500 bretheren? do you contest those?

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

As Stephen Colbert put it, in Stephen Colbert I am America (and so can you)

Agnostics- "Atheists with out balls."

SAURON221
:lol: man that's fantastic
[QUOTE="brightshadow525"][QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

BobSacamento

sorry i didnt impress

I thought it was pretty funny :P
smarb001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 smarb001
[QUOTE="smarb001"][QUOTE="fanofazrienoch"][QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

Pretty sure of it

fanofazrienoch

alright. great. you've accepted that the tomb of Jesus was empty.

so how about the Post resurrection appearences to the twelve, James, Paul, and the 500 bretheren? do you contest those?

thats what I meant by "jesus appearing to them", sorry if it wasnt clear. And like I said earlier, I doubt that half the stuff in the bible actually happened, and the other 50% is likely very biased towards Christianity (obviously)