For all you people who believe in god?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

Why?

Promising paradise and immortality for all those who follow him and threatening damnation and eternal hellfire to those who don't?

What type of savior threatens death, destruction, pain, suffering to those who do not follow him?

I am not an atheist... more of an agnostic... I believe there could be some type of creator or higher power... but I do not follow a religion... but those of you who follow Jesus? Why?

You say that we shouldn't follow evolution because there is no proof... when there is proof... the oil we burn the fossils that fill our museums? If that isn't proof enough for you... then why do you follow something you can't even see or feel?

Right after you tell me to not follow evolution... you turn around and tell me to believe in someone I have never met who died for "my" sins and to follow a several thousand year old book that says I will suffer for all of eternity unless I embrace it...?

What about other religions? Buddhist, Jews, Hindus, Muslims... they have followed their religions for thousands of years? You are telling me that they are wrong and will suffer because of it?

You people who preach your religions sound more like fanatics than faithful. You tell us we will suffer unless we embrace your lord.

All I ask is why?

rom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 rom11
Member since 2005 • 2049 Posts
Here we go...
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Squeets

Here we go...rom11

Don't come in and post then?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts
Why does it bother you what someone else believes? It's a personal choice. Your understanding is skewed. Believing in a God does not mean one doesn't believe in evolution.:roll:
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
well God gave you time to choose your path.....you dont do the homework then be prepared for punishment
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mingo123
well God gave you time to choose your path.....you dont do the homework then be prepared for punishment, God doesnt threaten you, god gave you choice......and its up to you to make the choice which will the lead to reawrd or punishment
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Squeets

well God gave you time to choose your path.....you dont do the homework then be prepared for punishmentmingo123

Exactly... you don't even answer me... and you say I will be punished for not believing in your god... that is what makes me a "non" believer...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="mingo123"]well God gave you time to choose your path.....you dont do the homework then be prepared for punishmentSqueets

Exactly... you don't even answer me... and you say I will be punished for not believing in your god... that is what makes me a "non" believer...

Your choice....

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mingo123

[QUOTE="mingo123"]well God gave you time to choose your path.....you dont do the homework then be prepared for punishmentSqueets

the same God that put you on Earth, made water for you, did so many things for you.....asks you to just follow him yet you cant...well you gotta pay then :P

flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts
Does it matter that people have different opinions to you?
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts

Here we go...rom11

right

Faylette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Faylette
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts

I'm a Christian who believes in evolution.

Did I break the thread? :(

Faylette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Faylette

I believe in God and evolution.

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bsman00

Does it matter that people have different opinions to you? flowdee79

yeah i think it does he want everyone to see it his way

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Squeets

Faylette

Nope...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic

Yeah it is my choice... but you people make it seem like there is only one choice and that is to agree with you and follow your god... why would your god even give us "choice" if the choices we make are wrong?Squeets

I'm sure no one here really cares whether you believe or not. Without choices we'd be robots.:|

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bsman00
And when you say "FOr all you people who believe in god" when you say god it means many different but i can only guess your thinking of the christian god
flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts
And since when did being a believer in God mean that I dont believe in evolution? This thread fails.
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Squeets

[QUOTE="flowdee79"]Does it matter that people have different opinions to you? bsman00

I don't want everyone to see anything my way... I could care less what you believe in or don't believe in... I just want to know some reasons... I am a reason type of person... I want to know the reasons for things... I don't like it simply to "be" a certain way with no explination...

Faylette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Faylette
[QUOTE="Faylette"]

Squeets

Nope...

My bad, it looked like a main point.

Also, the religions you listed also believe in Gods (I think a sect of Buddhism does, anyway).

rom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rom11
[QUOTE="Squeets"]

[QUOTE="mingo123"]well God gave you time to choose your path.....you dont do the homework then be prepared for punishmentmingo123

the same God that put you on Earth, made water for you, did so many things for you.....asks you to just follow him yet you cant...well you gotta pay then :P

Yes, Squeets, you must PAY!!

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Squeets

And since when did being a believer in God mean that I dont believe in evolution? This thread fails.flowdee79

I am refurring to the thread where the entire argument of the thread was a person telling the people who read it... that evolution is a lie and that not following god means you are going to burn in hell for all eternity... I am not speaking generally about anyone... just the people who threaten me with death and damnation unless I follow their religion...

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="Squeets"]

[QUOTE="mingo123"]well God gave you time to choose your path.....you dont do the homework then be prepared for punishmentrom11

Yes, Squeets, you must PAY!!

yup $1 before the end date of teh payment which is tomorrow, if he is late he will get pwned :twisted:

Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Samwel_X
Member since 2006 • 13765 Posts
You do realise things like evolution and religion are not exclusive...
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bsman00
[QUOTE="bsman00"]

[QUOTE="flowdee79"]Does it matter that people have different opinions to you? Squeets

I don't want everyone to see anything my way... I could care less what you believe in or don't believe in... I just want to know some reasons... I am a reason type of person... I want to know the reasons for things... I don't like it simply to "be" a certain way with no explination...

OK OK i smell what your stepin in

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mingo123

[QUOTE="flowdee79"]And since when did being a believer in God mean that I dont believe in evolution? This thread fails.Squeets

I am refurring to the thread where the entire argument of the thread was a person telling the people who read it... that evolution is a lie and that not following god means you are going to burn in hell for all eternity... I am not speaking generally about anyone... just the people who threaten me with death and damnation unless I follow their religion...

who does that?

Faylette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Faylette

I am refurring to the thread where the entire argument of the thread was a person telling the people who read it... that evolution is a lie and that not following god means you are going to burn in hell for all eternity... I am not speaking generally about anyone... just the people who threaten me with death and damnation unless I follow their religion... Squeets

You should have made this much, much clearer in your original post.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Squeets
[QUOTE="Squeets"][QUOTE="Faylette"]

Faylette

Nope...

My bad, it looked like a main point.

Also, the religions you listed also believe in Gods (I think a sect of Buddhism does, anyway).

Yes but a different god than others... and they don't threaten me with eternal damnation for not believing... I am refurring to the religion that say you will burn in hell forever unless you follow Jesus...

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Squeets
[QUOTE="Squeets"]

[QUOTE="flowdee79"]And since when did being a believer in God mean that I dont believe in evolution? This thread fails.mingo123

who does that?

LINK

This guy...

Faylette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Faylette

Yes but a different god than others... and they don't threaten me with eternal damnation for not believing... I am refurring to the religion that say you will burn in hell forever unless you follow Jesus...Squeets

Hey, every religion has its crazies, it's not exclusive to Christianity. :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic

Yes but a different god than others... and they don't threaten me with eternal damnation for not believing... I am refurring to the religion that say you will burn in hell forever unless you follow Jesus...

Squeets

And? Believe what you want. Doesn't give you the right to tell people to believe what you do.

Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Samwel_X
[QUOTE="Squeets"]

LJS9502_basic

And? Believe what you want. Doesn't give you the right to tell people to believe what you do.

Pretty much. You have your own choices, you don;t have to force it on others, because if you do you are being hypocritical in the way that you are trying to say that Christians force their religion on people through fear.

Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Samwel_X
[QUOTE="Squeets"]

LJS9502_basic

Pretty much. You have your own choices, you don;t have to force it on others, because if you do you are being hypocritical in the way that you are trying to say that Christians force their religion on people through fear.

That was aimed at Squeets... just to clarify that...

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Squeets

[QUOTE="Squeets"]Yes but a different god than others... and they don't threaten me with eternal damnation for not believing... I am refurring to the religion that say you will burn in hell forever unless you follow Jesus...Faylette

Oh I know that... I have just had more Christians threaten me with death that all the other religions combined... (Face to Face of Coarse...) I know about the Jihad that says all muslims should kill any and all Americans as they see fit... I have yet to meet a muslim that has come up to me and threatened me though... While on the other hand I have met plenty Christians that do that...

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Squeets

[QUOTE="Squeets"]Yes but a different god than others... and they don't threaten me with eternal damnation for not believing... I am refurring to the religion that say you will burn in hell forever unless you follow Jesus...Faylette

Oh I know that... I have just had more Christians threaten me with death thaN all the other religions combined... (Face to Face of Coarse...) I know about the Jihad that says all muslims should kill any and all Americans as they see fit... I have yet to meet a muslim that has come up to me and threatened me though... While on the other hand I have met plenty Christians that do that...

Amarant15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 Amarant15
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts
Problem is people got the wrong picture of god.... lets put it this way: he is our father. would you as a father burn your own son in hell forever?? God is love incarnate. come with some of your basis of why he is evil and i will try to explain at my best....
Shadow-Syn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shadow-Syn
Member since 2006 • 1194 Posts

God is real but not like most may think and disrespecting others belief in good is just pure evil

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

I'm catholic, do I follow everything that is said to me while I'm at church? No, do I believe in everything that is the bible or the teaching of my religon? No, but I do believe that there is something, what it is I don't know. I do know one thing though is you gotta have some kind of faith. All I have to say is this when you have one of the smartest man ever to live saying this.....

"A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms-it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man."

....thats telling you something. That quote came from Albert Einstein.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

I'm catholic, do I follow everything that is said to me while I'm at church? No, do I believe in everything that is the bible or the teaching of my religon? No, but I do believe that there is something, what it is I don't know. I do know one thing though is you gotta have some kind of faith. All I have to say is this when you have one of the smartest man saying this.....

"A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms-it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man."

Thats tell you something. That quote came from Albert Einstein.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="Squeets"]

[QUOTE="flowdee79"]And since when did being a believer in God mean that I dont believe in evolution? This thread fails.Squeets

who does that?

LINK

This guy...

that guy was trolling, he said it himself

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic

Oh I know that... I have just had more Christians threaten me with death that all the other religions combined... (Face to Face of Coarse...) I know about the Jihad that says all muslims should kill any and all Americans as they see fit... I have yet to meet a muslim that has come up to me and threatened me though... While on the other hand I have met plenty Christians that do that...

Squeets

Christians walk up to you...tell you they are Christian and state they are going to kill you? I do not believe that. At all.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mingo123

I'm catholic, do I follow everything that is said to me while I'm at church? No, do I believe in everything that is the bible or the teaching of my religon? No, but I do believe that there is something, what it is I don't know. I do know one thing though is you gotta have some kind of faith. All I have to say is this when you have one of the smartest man saying this.....

Thats tell you something. That quote came from Albert Einstein.

xscrapzx

what type of Christian is he who does not follow his religion properly?

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Squeets

I'm catholic, do I follow everything that is said to me while I'm at church? No, do I believe in everything that is the bible or the teaching of my religon? No, but I do believe that there is something, what it is I don't know. I do know one thing though is you gotta have some kind of faith. All I have to say is this when you have one of the smartest man ever to live saying this.....

....thats telling you something. That quote came from Albert Einstein.

xscrapzx

Thank you... a Real answer... that sheds some light on this situation...

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mingo123

every religion except Isalam, agreed

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mingo123

every religion except Islam, agreed

Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Samwel_X

Christians walk up to you...tell you they are Christian and state they are going to kill you? I do not believe that. At all.

LJS9502_basic

Awesome mental image lol...

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Squeets
[QUOTE="Squeets"]

LJS9502_basic

No... they walk up to me... tell me they are Christian... and tell me that I will burn in hell forever unless I embrace their god... I had cancer and I was in a hospital for over 11 months... and at least once a week I had a christian preacher from a local church come to my room and praise his god and tell me to accept my end and accept his god or I would burn in hell forever when I died...

I ignored this and continued my treatment and I am not cancer free... that was almost a decade ago...

rom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rom11
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Squeets"]

Squeets

No... they walk up to me... tell me they are Christian... and tell me that I will burn in hell forever unless I embrace their god... I had cancer and I was in a hospital for over 11 months... and at least once a week I had a christian preacher from a local church come to my room and praise his god and tell me to accept my end and accept his god or I would burn in hell forever when I died...

I ignored this and continued my treatment and I am not cancer free... that was almost a decade ago...

Just tell them to **** off. Simple, isnt it?

delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 delol
Member since 2005 • 8793 Posts
god is good and why another gody thread ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
[QUOTE="Faylette"]

[QUOTE="Squeets"]Yes but a different god than others... and they don't threaten me with eternal damnation for not believing... I am refurring to the religion that say you will burn in hell forever unless you follow Jesus...mingo123

every religion except Islam, agreed

Do Muslim extremists count as crazies?