First Gay NFL player drafted by the Rams

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@SolidSnake35: The idea actually crossed my mind after spending some time with this topic. If a homosexual man is allowed to use men's bathrooms and locker rooms then sex segregation needs to be abolished altogether. Its so straightforward that I don't see how someone could argue otherwise.

I dunno. Urinals aren't useful for women.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#202 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@PannicAtack said:

@toast_burner: I think the joke went over your head.

Considering the insane stuff he's said about gays before. I doubt he was joking.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#203  Edited By Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@lostrib: you messaged thegerg about my misspelling of "you're" further fuelling his contempt for me, you're basically up his arse.

Also because the thegerg started being unreasonable and belittling towards me, I informed him any more of his post to me would be answered with a blank post back to him.

You messaged me saying "very mature" when I sent him a blank post. So you climbed even further up his arse.

It's ok I know how it is it's a case of, if you can't beat him join him kinda thing, no one on this site seems to be able to put him in his place so if you crawl up his arse you will be safe, I get it

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Ariabed

@thegerg:

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#206 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@thegerg said:

Haha, calm down. I have no contempt for you. Simply because 2 people each find your posts to be ignorant and without substance doesn't mean that they're up one another's asses or out to get you in any way. There isn't some conspiracy being perpetrated against you here.

Gerg, are you turning people gay so that they can climb up your ass? Shame on you...

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Ariabed

@lostrib: wow I messaged you and thegerg comes running to defend you, you are so lucky to have a man of thegergs caliber at your side.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@thegerg: I see. Quite a problematic situation indeed. I'll be sure to go on Tweeter to voice my displeasure...

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Ariabed

@korvus: your in the Gerg fan club as well, Jeese I don't stand a chance do I, I just love having everything I say being taken out of context by thegerg and his little followers, makes me feel alive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@ariabed: Haha, nah. I think @thegerg can be an annoying jerk sometimes (like most of us here) and gets caught up in the details, but I do have to admit that if you can't get rid of him it's normally your own shortcomings, which makes me respect his...er...tenacity.

He's very literal on his responses, if you ask him if he has an opinion on a specific subject he'll just say "yes", but that's who he is, so next time I take the extra time formulating my question as "What is your opinion about this?". Made me rethink some of my ways of communicating XD

I've had my "problems" with him, but in the end if I really can't answer him, then it's hardly his fault that I didn't think my argument through. He's called me on my bullshit more than once and I hated him not for proving he was right, but for proving that I was talking out of my ass and unprepared to defend my views.

I've called him out a few times as well; guess that's how it goes. No hard feelings from me, and I don't think he's the kind of guy to get his feelings hurt over internet forums.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Ariabed

@GazaAli: "Yes this is very superficial and frankly moronic. You either have a view on homosexuality or you don't, period. Just because you're not sexually attracted to men doesn't mean you get to cherrypick and to decide on what's gross and what is not."

Really? So we are not aloud to have personal preferences? That sucks

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#214  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ariabed said:

@lostrib: you messaged thegerg about my misspelling of "you're" further fuelling his contempt for me, you're basically up his arse.

Also because the thegerg started being unreasonable and belittling towards me, I informed him any more of his post to me would be answered with a blank post back to him.

You messaged me saying "very mature" when I sent him a blank post. So you climbed even further up his arse.

It's ok I know how it is it's a case of, if you can't beat him join him kinda thing, no one on this site seems to be able to put him in his place so if you crawl up his arse you will be safe, I get it

...I didn't send anyone messages.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@ariabed said:

@GazaAli: "Yes this is very superficial and frankly moronic. You either have a view on homosexuality or you don't, period. Just because you're not sexually attracted to men doesn't mean you get to cherrypick and to decide on what's gross and what is not."

Really? So we are not aloud to have personal preferences? That sucks

Of course you're allowed to have personal preferences, but in this instance it would suggest that your personal preferences are irrational and partial and that they suck all things considered.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 GazaAli

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

Give it some time and the LGBT fad will bite the dust just like its predecessor, feminism. When that happens business as usual will resume and people will become able of discussing the matter properly.

There have been gay people as long as there has been people. It's not a fad.

The fad is how heavily politicized it is nowadays not the concept itself. LGBT as a social issue is not the first, it had feminism and a number of other social issues as its antecedents. It will eventually be pushed to the back of the social agenda and concede its current prominence to some other social issue and it will most likely be inflated too. I personally am still trying to figure out what is providing the impetus and the drive for these crusades.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

Give it some time and the LGBT fad will bite the dust just like its predecessor, feminism. When that happens business as usual will resume and people will become able of discussing the matter properly.

There have been gay people as long as there has been people. It's not a fad.

The fad is how heavily politicized it is nowadays not the concept itself. LGBT as a social issue is not the first, it had feminism and a number of other social issues as its antecedents. It will eventually be pushed to the back of the social agenda and concede its current prominence to some other social issue and it will most likely be inflated too. I personally am still trying to figure out what is providing the impetus and the drive for these crusades.

You're right it will end, when gays get equal rights. same has how black civil rights isn't as big of a deal as it was in the 60's.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@robokill said:

@GazaAli said:

@robokill said:

@GazaAli said:

@SolidSnake35: The idea actually crossed my mind after spending some time with this topic. If a homosexual man is allowed to use men's bathrooms and locker rooms then sex segregation needs to be abolished altogether. Its so straightforward that I don't see how someone could argue otherwise.

wrong, entirely. Men pose a significant threat to females in terms of sexual harassment. Having full grown men and little girls in the same bathroom is just not smart. I'd be more concerned about physical harassment between a male and female than a gay dude getting aroused being around other guys.

That's kind of a shitty argument to be honest and as a heterosexual man I can rightfully claim to be offended and discriminated against by it. Just by virtue of being a heterosexual man, I'm being stereotyped as a rabid sex maniac who cannot be trusted around other women. If you want to claim equality you can't really stereotype an entire sex group and make wild assumptions about them.

then you're an oversensitive manchild, you aren't being stereotyped as anything, what a stupid argument. You keep men away from girls in bathrooms because many (I never said all you moron) men pose a threat to them, it's a bad idea and quite frankly your reaction is at a very low level of cognitive functioning. The I'm offended argument shows general lack of intelligence.

Trust be, judging from your line of reasoning and your inability to see how flawed your logic is, you're not someone to be assessing others' intelligence and cognitive abilities. If you can't see it then I really can't help you with that.

this might be the least intelligent thing I've read all year. I've got a 155 IQ and 2 degrees, one with a degree in psychology where we learned the major tests for intelligence, I guarantee you have not even a fraction of knowledge on the subject matter that I do. Generally people that get easily offended are not very smart because they resort to emotional responses.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@toast_burner: I see. I stand corrected.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@GazaAli said:

I personally am still trying to figure out what is providing the impetus and the drive for these crusades.

Probably because we as a society are starting to push for more equal rights while shrugging off the archaic ways of the past. That's like saying pushing for equals rights between ethnic backgrounds was just a fad.

What you're saying is really really dumb. Its still a wonder how you keep posting the same drivel in every thread on topics like these.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Ariabed

@korvus: in a way you are right, but thegerg is quite unfair, and when your on the verge of besting him, or even just for having a opinion thats different to his, that's when he goes into gerg mode and starts nitpicking and belittling and taking things out of context, the sensible adult discussion turns into a mud slinging match, that's all he's good at, mud slinging and taking things way out of context. If he was that clever he wouldn't have to resort to such tactics to win his arguments.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#223  Edited By SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
@robokill said:

this might be the least intelligent thing I've read all year. I've got a 155 IQ and 2 degrees, one with a degree in psychology where we learned the major tests for intelligence, I guarantee you have not even a fraction of knowledge on the subject matter that I do. Generally people that get easily offended are not very smart because they resort to emotional responses.

As a Master of Philosophy, I suggest you side with my arguments then. I have been trained in art of logic and I'm not afraid to unleash this power on psychologists and the gay agenda.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

You know im straight, but i dont ever remember sitting down and making a conscious decision to be straight. I dont know if being straight is in my genes, or being gay is in someone elses. But i assume if i never sat down and chose to be straight then its likely nobody sat down and chose to be gay. More power to michael sam.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@ariabed: I think one of the problems between you guys is semantics, and I'm of the opinion that the use of the word "normal" doesn't work in this context. One person uses "normal" when they mean "natural", others use "normal" when they mean "common/usual". Then why not make it easy for everyone and use the words common and natural? Because yes, I do think homosexuality is natural, but is it common (at least commonly displayed in public)?

I haven't seen many gay display of affection in Portugal, but not many people spoke (openly) against gays, so natural but not common (You can argue it's not common because people feel judged, I wouldn't know one way or another). Here in the Netherlands I see it a lot; even a few days ago two 8yo boys holding hands and kissing each other on the lips and nobody even looked at them twice, just giggled in a "it's so cute" kind of way, like they would if it had been a boy and a girl. So here I'd say natural and common. I think explaining it like this is a lot clearer than if I had used the word "normal".

As for the anomalies question I actually think it's a good one if you translate it from Gergian to English. What I think he was trying to ask was "You don't want homosexuality being show on tv because you see it as an anomaly, but you're ok with other anomalies being displayed. Why is this one different?". I think from the point where insults start being flung back and forth the conversation loses objectivity, people start being less clear on what they're asking and everything goes to hell...

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Ariabed

@korvus: yeah I said being gay is an anomaly but that doesn't mean I'm saying all anomalies are bad and should be shielded from children, why take it to that extreme, that's like if I said I don't like choc milkshake they're shit, that doesn't mean I'm saying all milkshakes are shit, just the chocolate ones. He takes things so far out of context it's unbelievable.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By GazaAli

@robokill said:

I've got a 155 IQ and 2 degrees, one with a degree in psychology where we learned the major tests for intelligence

That's weird, that is not the image I have of you in my mind. I would have never guessed that you have an IQ in the first place, let alone two degrees too. Frankly you come off to me as a 17 years old teenager who is attempting to get his head out of his ass by making wild claims of intelligence.

That image is much more substantiated and plausible than the one you proposed so I'm inclined to retain it until proven otherwise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@ariabed: I understand what you mean, but why is this anomaly bad and not just different, like the others gerg mentioned? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, I'm just curious about your reasoning. Conjoined twins are an anomaly and I can give you several reasons why that's a bad thing, so I'm wondering what is bad about gay people.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 GazaAli

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@GazaAli said:

I personally am still trying to figure out what is providing the impetus and the drive for these crusades.

Probably because we as a society are starting to push for more equal rights while shrugging off the archaic ways of the past. That's like saying pushing for equals rights between ethnic backgrounds was just a fad.

What you're saying is really really dumb. Its still a wonder how you keep posting the same drivel in every thread on topics like these.

You as a society have some odd ranking of priorities and an even odder way of abolishing those "archaic" ways of the past.

You don't have to feel butthurt for me posting drivel in such topics as you can always ignore it.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Ariabed

@thegerg:

So if I say homosexuality should be kept away from young children that's what I mean, homosexuality.

If in a later sentence I say homosexuality is an anomaly IMO, I'm not saying all anomalies are a bad example for kids.

Now I know what anomaly means it's something unusual peculiar odd a rarity, and although I know there are a lot of gays out there I rarely come across any and I have never seen two men kissing in public.

So that's why I said in my opinion they are an anomaly.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Ariabed

@thegerg: yeah your correct but the anomaly statement wasn't meant to be part of my argument, it was just a stand alone statement about how I view of homosexuality. I guess it came across wrong, but still it doesn't mean I tar all anomalies with the same brush.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Ariabed

@korvus: I actually never said being gay was bad, I think I might have said boys kissing boys is wrong in a previous post which I guess is the same as bad, but I just don't agree with it and I don't like seeing two males kissing it just doesn't look right.

I don't hate gay people, I wouldn't want to see harm or hardship come to them for the way they live their lives, I've worked with one or two gay males in my time and I got on with them just fine, I just think that young children should be shielded from things like gays kissing each other that's all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@ariabed: Fair enough. I think you've explained your views as well as you were able. I won't bug you any longer ^_^

And hey, stop asking mods to lock your threads; me and a few other enjoy them and then we can't participate anymore =)

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Ariabed

@thegerg: yeah I do, I have to be more careful of how I word my statements and be mindful of the structure of my arguments. I guess i was wrong. I feel kinda silly now for going off on one earlier.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Ariabed

@korvus: ok thanks :)

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@korvus said:

even a few days ago two 8yo boys holding hands and kissing each other on the lips and nobody even looked at them twice, just giggled in a "it's so cute" kind of way, like they would if it had been a boy and a girl.

This is just wrong, even for a boy and a girl. I don't know how things are in the Netherlands, but kids over here at that age don't walk around holding hands and definitely not kissing. It's more like "boy chases girl at recess" as a means for him "liking" her. If I ever have a daughter or a son, I'll make sure they don't engage in physical contact like this at this age. That's acceptable for a teenager, but not a young child.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@robokill said:

I've got a 155 IQ and 2 degrees, one with a degree in psychology where we learned the major tests for intelligence

That's weird, that is not the image I have of you in my mind. I would have never guessed that you have an IQ in the first place, let alone two degrees too. Frankly you come off to me as a 17 years old teenager who is attempting to get his head out of his ass by making wild claims of intelligence.

That image is much more substantiated and plausible than the one you proposed so I'm inclined to retain it until proven otherwise.

because stupid people make assumptions that are untrue, really I do have 2 degrees and you're a moron. First an honors degree in psychology the second in geophysics. Everything you've said so far has been wrong, seriously stop typing and think for a second before posting because you just seem more and more stupid with every post.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@GazaAli said:

You as a society have some odd ranking of priorities and an even odder way of abolishing those "archaic" ways of the past.

You don't have to feel butthurt for me posting drivel in such topics as you can always ignore it.

That's rich coming from a guy who lives in the Middle East..

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 GazaAli

@sSubZerOo said:

@GazaAli said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@GazaAli said:

0/10, try again. The Middle East has nothing to do with anything we're talking about and even if you were to ask me about the Middle East I would be brutally honest and I think I made that very clear on numerous occasions.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@GazaAli said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@GazaAli said:

0/10, try again. The Middle East has nothing to do with anything we're talking about and even if you were to ask me about the Middle East I would be brutally honest and I think I made that very clear on numerous occasions.

Sure it does, your being directly critical in saying how "silly" and "odd" our priorities are when you live in the world that beat and imprison people for being gay.. This sounds AWFULLY like when North Korea posted their "report" on US human rights violations.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

Wow, a lot of people in here need to just take a nice popper and relax their anuses.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#246 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4197 Posts
@Makhaidos said:

Wow, a lot of people in here need to just take a nice popper and relax their anuses.

I see what you did there.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

how is it even possible to be the 1st gay nfl player and show up in 2014?

odds are there have been hundreds over the years.

the 1st gay nfl player was most likely present at the 1st nfl game.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@ariabed said:

First Gay NFL player drafted by the Rams

And just how do you know that he is the first gay the rams ever drafted?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

Who's care if a player is gay, straight, or has sex with animals?

My guess would be members of his team. I bet a number of them have a serious issue with showering around him or changing around him. Just saying.