Do you think there is life after death?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts

lol,  wow. some dudes are mad and miserible, the off base heated assumptions can be very telling...

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#252 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

I doubt there's much after death but I just hope it's more than JUST darkness. Would be nice if something were to happen while you were dead instead of an infinte void of nothingness. I may have once been in such a void before but I'd rather not go back there after having some moments of joy and fun in this world.

Goyoshi12
I don't know man. Eternal existence would be depressing as f*ck. I mean, this life even while sh*tty is bearable because we know it ends. But billions and trillions of years? Even in Heaven, which is described in scripture as bowing continuously to a God who sits in a throne that is surrounded by terrifying beasts, that would be too much to put it lightly. Love the idea of it all just ending. Brings peace of mind, closure and relief.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#253 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

I doubt there's much after death but I just hope it's more than JUST darkness. Would be nice if something were to happen while you were dead instead of an infinte void of nothingness. I may have once been in such a void before but I'd rather not go back there after having some moments of joy and fun in this world.

MrPraline

I don't know man. Eternal existence would be depressing as f*ck. I mean, this life even while sh*tty is bearable because we know it ends. But billions and trillions of years? Even in Heaven, which is described in scripture as bowing continuously to a God who sits in a throne that is surrounded by terrifying beasts, that would be too much to put it lightly. Love the idea of it all just ending. Brings peace of mind, closure and relief.

Not THAT. Just something a little more than just staring off into a black void.

I remember hearing a concept of what could happen after death. When we close our eyes there's just an infinte void of black all around us and then we dream, I'm pretty sure. So since that's basically what happens in death (I'm assuming) what if when we die we just have a dream that lasts into infinity?

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#254 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
lol, wow. some dudes are mad and miserible, the off base heated assumptions can be very telling...bnarmz
I'm quite happy in life, actually. What makes me unhappy is religious folks and their holier-than-thou attitude.
bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts

[QUOTE="bnarmz"]lol, wow. some dudes are mad and miserible, the off base heated assumptions can be very telling...Zeviander
I'm quite happy in life, actually. What makes me unhappy is religious folks and their holier-than-thou attitude.

hard to tell. especially when you let another persons right to be what they want bother you. 

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#256 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Nope.
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

You are your brain. Your personality, your memories, your thoughts, and everything else that defines you are products of your brain. So, once your brain ceases to function you cease to exist. Adios, amigo!

BluRayHiDef

So we are nothing but organic computers? Hmm, maybe. Maybe not, let's wait and see.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="bnarmz"]lol, wow. some dudes are mad and miserible, the off base heated assumptions can be very telling...bnarmz

hard to tell. especially when you let another persons right to be what they want bother you. 

not sure if serious

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

*sees replies*

*falls from a cliff in Ireland*

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#261 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

Is there a name other than atheist for someone who doesn't believe in a religion, but at the same time wants too?

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts

Is there a name other than atheist for someone who doesn't believe in a religion, but at the same time wants too?

sune_Gem

Well, you could be agnostic.

I don't believe in a god, nor do I ever see myself believing in a god and the serious and deep thought about death is...certainly a difficult one. If you really take the time to think about that idea it's actually quite scary, and it's something that I try to avoid. Long story short: no.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 GreekGameManiac

I don't believe in a god, nor do I ever see myself believing in a god and the serious and deep thought about death is...certainly a difficult one. If you really take the time to think about that idea it's actually quite scary, and it's something that I try to avoid. Long story short: no.

-Karmum-

So you think.

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 -Karmum-

[QUOTE="-Karmum-"]

GreekGameManiac

So you think.

So I think what? Yes, I do think and believe there is no god...for me. Do I think the same way for anyone else? No, because neither of us truly know. I'm assuming that's what you're referring to.

There isn't "life" after death,there's the progression of souls.

GreekGameManiac

Okay, fair enough. If that's what you believe in, that's fine. I'm not going to dispute your claim, even if I don't feel the same way as you. My belief is only applying to me.

I'm probably one of the most hands-off atheists around, I don't really care (or honestly want to know) about anyone's religious views, but I don't appreciate it when anyone preaches them or disputes another.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 GreekGameManiac

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

-Karmum-

I just find it... hard to believe in one. I guess it's the day and age we've grown up in. Although if I was just given one sign that God was real. A sign that was more than just a convenient happening. I'd gladly follow in his glory without question.

I did actually get a oddly convenient happening today. A friend popped on a comedy show, and like the first thing they was talking about was life after death somewhere in there. I thought that was indeed convenient.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 GreekGameManiac

So I think what? Yes, I do think and believe there is no god...for me. Do I think the same way for anyone else? No, because neither of us truly know. I'm assuming that's what you're referring to.

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

-Karmum-

Okay, fair enough. If that's what you believe in, that's fine. I'm not going to dispute your claim, even if I don't feel the same way as you. My belief is only applying to me.

I'm probably one of the most hands-off atheists around, I don't really care (or honestly want to know) about anyone's religious views, but I don't appreciate it when anyone preaches them or disputes another.

That's nice of you i guess.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#268 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
Yes I know for 100% FACT that there is life after death. Hell there really is no such thing as death.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#269 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

-Karmum-

You wouldn't be scared of death if you got more in touch with your spiritual side. Death is an illusion.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 GreekGameManiac

You wouldn't be scared of death if you got more in touch with your spiritual side. Death is an illusion.-Renegade

This.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 Zeviander
Is there a name other than atheist for someone who doesn't believe in a religion, but at the same time wants too?sune_Gem
Naïve? There are many labels for a non-theistic religious person. Why obsess over what you call yourself if you don't even know what you believe?
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="-Karmum-"]

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

-Renegade

You wouldn't be scared of death if you got more in touch with your spiritual side. Death is an illusion.

Show me the way! worships.gif

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 GreekGameManiac

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]Is there a name other than atheist for someone who doesn't believe in a religion, but at the same time wants too?Zeviander
Naïve? There are many labels for a non-theistic religious person. Why obsess over what you call yourself if you don't even know what you believe?

I'd say YOU are naive,and oblivious to the truth.

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 -Karmum-

[QUOTE="-Karmum-"]

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"] You wouldn't be scared of death if you got more in touch with your spiritual side. Death is an illusion.-Renegade

I'm not scared of death, but if you do deep thinking of the issue you realize that the thought is scary. I'm not interested in my "spiritual side."

GreekGameManiac

You are incredibly confusing.

Yes I know for 100% FACT that there is life after death. Hell there really is no such thing as death.-Renegade

That's just silly, unless you've had near death experiences that you're going to claim as "life after death," or out of body experiences.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#275 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
Yes I know for 100% FACT that there is life after death. Hell there really is no such thing as death.-Renegade
lol How many times have you died?
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 GreekGameManiac

[QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="-Karmum-"] I'm not scared of death, but if you do deep thinking of the issue you realize that the thought is scary. I'm not interested in my "spiritual side."

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

-Karmum-

You are incredibly confusing.

That's just silly, unless you've had near death experiences that you're going to claim as "life after death," or out of body experiences.

Too bad for you.

I think he means he realises that there's more than meets the eye in this vast universe.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Zeviander
I'd say YOU are naive,and oblivious to the truth.GreekGameManiac
Assuming an answer isn't the "truth".
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I kinda hope so.

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] The hope for an afterlife is the mark of someone unwilling to make their life here better.Zeviander

You are drunk.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]I'd say YOU are naive,and oblivious to the truth.Zeviander
Assuming an answer isn't the "truth".

But saying "I don't know" scares them way too much

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#280 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

i see the typical arse are in the thread ^^

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#281 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
Unless you are blind in any way *ahem* its hard to imagine "nothing". Consequently, no I don't believe there is anything, it is nothing, not black as when you simply close your eyes, but nothing. Death is nothing.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#282 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

Unless you are blind in any way *ahem* its hard to imagine "nothing". Consequently, no I don't believe there is anything, it is nothing, not black as when you simply close your eyes, but nothing. Death is nothing.lo_Pine
rofl.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#283 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

No, when the brain stops functioning. You stop to exist.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

Nope, once you're dead then you're dead.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

When you die, you're...dead. The idea of "life after death" is metaphorical.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#286 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Obvious troll/joke poster

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 GreekGameManiac

Kids today and their ignorance.

Tsk tsk tsk.

deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#288 deathtarget04
Member since 2009 • 2266 Posts

If the universe is infinite, then a number of things can happen after a person dies. If it isn't, well we're sh*t outta luck.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 sune_Gem

If the universe is infinite, then a number of things can happen after a person dies. If it isn't, well we're sh*t outta luck.

deathtarget04

If it does have an end though, what's at the end?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#290 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

If it does have an end though, what's at the end?

sune_Gem

The credits. I'm in there somewhere but no way in hell am I sitting through that $hit.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#292 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts
I believe life is a stage in the evolution of the soul. When we die, we are reborn to continue our growth. Our bodies are just the means for this to be able to happen.
_R34LiTY_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 _R34LiTY_
Member since 2008 • 3331 Posts

I believe we go back into the world we came from before we chose to come into this existence as "John/Jane Doe".

Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

When we die, we are reborn to continue our growth.MirkoS77

Reborn in what shape, way or form? Does that mean we will not be flesh and blood anymore?

The problem with what you write is that a theory makes more than one prediction. It makes a lot of predictions. And currently your theory is lacking a lot in substance.

Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

Die and body decomposes, maybe an eternity later the solar system is destroyed causing a new sun and planets to form, and life is reborn leading up to the point and place where you are alive againplaymynutz

You do realize that what you are saying is extremely unlikely? That is because there is a thing called entropy and entropy never decreases. This means that most processes are just irreversible because entropy always increases. So death could be seen as one example of an irreversible process.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 br0kenrabbit

You do realize that what you are saying is extremely unlikely? That is because there is a thing called entropy and entropy never decreases. This means that most processes are just irreversible because entropy always increases. So death could be seen as one example of an irreversible process.

pariah3

But, but...magic.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="pariah3"]

br0kenrabbit

But, but...magic.

Friendship.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 br0kenrabbit

Friendship.

sune_Gem

Silly furries.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

Friendship.

br0kenrabbit

Silly furries.

I don't think they're magical. Pretty sure they're just human.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 br0kenrabbit

I don't think they're magical. Pretty sure they're just human.

sune_Gem

They're still furries.