Do you think humans will ever visit a planet outside of our solar system?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Claiming that god created the universe in 6 days doesn't contradict science? Claiming that all of humanity came about via Adam and Eve doesn't contradict science.

Talking snakes? Water changing into wine? Hands on healing?

GrayF0X786

Oh for f*cks sake. Six was chosen because a week is seven days and one day for God/rest.

Don't take offence to this, but the Qu'ran corrects that passage from the bible, by saying

"And indeed We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in six days and nothing of fatigue touched Us"

(Qur'an50:38)

The creator does not get tired or anything like that, it is a human aspect which people applied to God.

I don't. But rest means a day without work....not fatigued.
Teddy_Bear123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202 Teddy_Bear123
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts

Geezo, go and play a game or something guys.  Because your stupid argument is pointless as none of you are ever going to change the other persons mind.  Like I said,.. pointless.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Claiming that god created the universe in 6 days doesn't contradict science? Claiming that all of humanity came about via Adam and Eve doesn't contradict science.

Talking snakes? Water changing into wine? Hands on healing?

GrayF0X786

Oh for f*cks sake. Six was chosen because a week is seven days and one day for God/rest. Again....not every denomination believes in six literal days....so you to prove your point you will continue to argue what a few minor sects teach and think that answers everything. Did you NOT understand my post because you replied as though you did not. Snake = temptation FYI. Literature does use symbolism.

Minor?

46% of Americans think god created man sometime over the last 10,000 years LJ. 150 million does not seem like a small number to me.

That means 46% if that is accurate....didn't pay attention in science class. So? I don't really believe that anyway. The 46% that is. IT's all in the wording of the question. People might say yes if the only option to creation added the years even while not believing humans are that young. If you broach a question like did God create man within the last 10,000 years or did man evolve from apes with no input from God?....what do you think a religious person would answer even if they disagreed with the years?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 LJS9502_basic

Geezo, go and play a game or something guys.  Because your stupid argument is pointless as none of you are ever going to change the other persons mind.  Like I said,.. pointless.

Teddy_Bear123
Like this post? ^^^^ Pointless....
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#205 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Just because I decide what to believe based on the evidence around me does not make me an emoty shell. I would rather make my own mind up about things rather then be like you.

Your life is based on the writtings in an old book, at least that frees you up from having to make up your own mind about things. I find that pretty lazy though.

tenaka2

some of you atheists make me sick, you must beleive we are a bunch of deluded zombies with no sense of free will, have you read the Quran? our creator challenges mankind many times, for example saying if you think this book came from man and not the creator, then try and make another book like this, or create atleast one verse like it, for 1400 years NONE could beat that challenge.

No one? Ron Hubbard created a religion in the 1950s thats has become pretty popular already. It's obviously not that difficult to start a cult.

muslim-facepalm.jpg

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Teddy_Bear123

Are you sure? Havn't you seen how greyfox and LJ have bonded in this thread? If nothing else that is important :)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="Teddy_Bear123"]

tenaka2

Are you sure? Havn't you seen how greyfox and LJ have bonded in this thread? If nothing else that is important :)

:lol: Let's not get carried away....he and I rarely agree on anything.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Oh for f*cks sake. Six was chosen because a week is seven days and one day for God/rest. LJS9502_basic

Don't take offence to this, but the Qu'ran corrects that passage from the bible, by saying

"And indeed We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in six days and nothing of fatigue touched Us"

(Qur'an50:38)

The creator does not get tired or anything like that, it is a human aspect which people applied to God.

I don't. But rest means a day without work....not fatigued.

that all depends how the reader interprets it i guess.

Teddy_Bear123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Teddy_Bear123
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts

[QUOTE="Teddy_Bear123"]

LJS9502_basic

Everything is a matter of opinion.  Which a few people on here just don't seem to get.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] some of you atheists make me sick, you must beleive we are a bunch of deluded zombies with no sense of free will, have you read the Quran? our creator challenges mankind many times, for example saying if you think this book came from man and not the creator, then try and make another book like this, or create atleast one verse like it, for 1400 years NONE could beat that challenge.

GrayF0X786

No one? Ron Hubbard created a religion in the 1950s thats has become pretty popular already. It's obviously not that difficult to start a cult.

pic

Not really a response :P But the point stands there are loads of religions and they all have their own special books, all written by man.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Teddy_Bear123"]

Teddy_Bear123

Everything is a matter of opinion.  Which a few people on here just don't seem to get.

Yes yes we do. But we can still discuss it. What's a forum without posts? Dead....
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="Teddy_Bear123"]

Geezo, go and play a game or something guys. Because your stupid argument is pointless as none of you are ever going to change the other persons mind. Like I said,.. pointless.

LJS9502_basic

:lol: Let's not get carried away....he and I rarely agree on anything.

pedo.png

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 GrayF0X786

i wasted so much time here, my boss will freaking kill me...

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts

Everything is a matter of opinion.

Teddy_Bear123

Is the premise that 'everything is a matter of opinion' itself an opinion?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 tenaka2

[QUOTE="Teddy_Bear123"]

Everything is a matter of opinion.

Blood-Scribe

Is the premise that 'everything is a matter of opinion' itself an opinion?

Perhaps in your opinion.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

pic

Not really a response :P But the point stands there are loads of religions

yet that one major religion will continue to stand out of them all, and will continue to stand out till the end of times, weather you like it or not.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

pic

GrayF0X786

yet that one major religion will continue to stand out of them all, and will continue to stand out till the end of times, weather you like it or not.

Are you really playing the 'My religion is the best religion!' card? There wll always be loads of religions and new religions start all the time, there is nothing unique about any of them.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Are you really playing the 'My religion is the best religion!' card? There wll always be loads of religions and new religions start all the time, there is nothing unique about any of them.

haha seems like a buthurt comment ^

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] yet that one major religion will continue to stand out of them all, and will continue to stand out till the end of times, weather you like it or not.

GrayF0X786

Butthurt about what? Most religions are very similiar.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

pic

GrayF0X786

I don't want to hurt your feelings but as your religion spreads west it will change.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Why did this then into a stupid religion debate? Get your fucking act together, OT. Seriously. As for the question. Not anytime soon. Centuries maybe
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

LJS9502_basic

I don't want to hurt your feelings but as your religion spreads west it will change.

with all due respect, this is not christianity, we don't bend our a$$ over, which is why the west is having a hard time trying to make Islam bend to its knees which will never happen, so they have no choice except destabilize the Muslim lands, catholics can keep their pope for a reason, he is nothing but a figure head with no power, a Caliph on the other hand is a whole different level, the British knew this and were so desperate to get rid of this from Turkey, which they did, and now the Muslim world is divided, Saudi now has a "King" who is again nothing but a puppet, all this will be fixed when Jesus comes back...no offence ofcourse ;)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] yet that one major religion will continue to stand out of them all, and will continue to stand out till the end of times, weather you like it or not.

GrayF0X786

with all due respect, this is not christianity, we don't bend our a$$ over, which is why the west is having a hard time trying to make Islam bend to its knees which will never happen, so they have no choice except destabilize the Muslim lands, catholics can keep their pope for a reason, he is nothing but a figure head with no power, a Caliph on the other hand is a whole different level, the British knew this and were so desperate to get rid of this from Turkey, which they did, and now the Muslim world is divided, Saudi now has a "King" who is again nothing but a puppet, all this will be fixed when Jesus comes back...no offence ofcourse ;)

Has Christianity changed the message? No. They just let advancements exist because they aren't a contradiction. Religion should not be government. It was never intended to be government. That is one area where Mohammed got it wrong. Give to Caesar what is Casear's and give to God what is God's. But they are not the same. The pope leads the church. He is not just a figurehead in the church FYI. As for Jesus......interesting that you said that. Tell me again why you follow a man (Mohammed) and not God's son (Jesus)? I started reading the Quran online but it kind of bothered me a bit so I quit. No offense.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Butthurt about what? Most religions are very similiar.

agreed, our Prophet said Allah sent over 124,000 Prophets and Messengers, 1 to atleast every nation of the Earth, some had thousands of followers, some had only 1 follower, and some were completely rejected and had no followers, some were painted blue, some had their head replaced with an elephant and some were called God himself or Gods kid, the message became corrupted, they all came with that one message of "La ila ha ila Allah" as the Qu'ran says

["Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects Taghut (evil) and believes in Allah (The One Creator) hath grasped the most trust worthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. " (Qur'an 2:256)]

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 GrayF0X786

Why did this then into a stupid religion debate? Get your **** act together, OT. Seriously. As for the question. Not anytime soon. Centuries maybedave123321
Its that f^t panda Tenakas fault.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 LJS9502_basic

Why did this then into a stupid religion debate? Get your **** act together, OT. Seriously. As for the question. Not anytime soon. Centuries maybedave123321
Because OT always stay on topic...amirite? Welcome to OT....always good to see new users join.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I don't want to hurt your feelings but as your religion spreads west it will change.LJS9502_basic

Tell me again why you follow a man (Mohammed) and not God's son (Jesus)?

Ask the Jews the same question, the problem is in the sentence itself, just please please please fix the fact that the creator has no partner! he has no Sons, Duaghters, No uncles or Aunties or a lawyer or butler or whatever, understand the nature of the jewish langauge at the time, does it not say in the Bible we are ALL children of God?

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

sooner or later

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] with all due respect, this is not christianity, we don't bend our a$$ over, which is why the west is having a hard time trying to make Islam bend to its knees which will never happen, so they have no choice except destabilize the Muslim lands, catholics can keep their pope for a reason, he is nothing but a figure head with no power, a Caliph on the other hand is a whole different level, the British knew this and were so desperate to get rid of this from Turkey, which they did, and now the Muslim world is divided, Saudi now has a "King" who is again nothing but a puppet, all this will be fixed when Jesus comes back...no offence ofcourse ;)

GrayF0X786

Tell me again why you follow a man (Mohammed) and not God's son (Jesus)?

Ask the Jews the same question, the problem is in the sentence itself, just please please please fix the fact that the creator has no partner! he has no Sons, Duaghters, No uncles or Aunties or a lawyer or butler or whatever, understand the nature of the jewish langauge at the time, does it not say in the Bible we are ALL children of God?

Jesus is not a partner...He's God in human form.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Tell me again why you follow a man (Mohammed) and not God's son (Jesus)?LJS9502_basic

is this sarcasm or are you taking the pi$$ on purpose?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] Ask the Jews the same question, the problem is in the sentence itself, just please please please fix the fact that the creator has no partner! he has no Sons, Duaghters, No uncles or Aunties or a lawyer or butler or whatever, understand the nature of the jewish langauge at the time, does it not say in the Bible we are ALL children of God?

GrayF0X786

It's neither. You just don't seem to understand Christianity very well. Which isn't surprising. I have yet to meet a Muslim that does.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Jesus is not a partner...He's God in human form. LJS9502_basic

It's neither. You just don't seem to understand Christianity very well. Which isn't surprising. I have yet to meet a Muslim that does.

Jesus himself would not understand it since it was not him who started the religion, go figure, Christianity is a religion about Jesus, Islam is the religion OF Jesus and all those who came before.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] is this sarcasm or are you taking the pi$$ on purpose?

GrayF0X786

Jesus himself would not understand it since it was not him who started the religion, go figure, Christianity is a religion about Jesus, Islam is the religion OF Jesus.

No Christianity is following the teachings of Jesus who taught about God. See....told you that you didn't understand Christianity.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] Jesus himself would not understand it since it was not him who started the religion, go figure, Christianity is a religion about Jesus, Islam is the religion OF Jesus.SNIPER4321
No Christianity is following the teachings of Jesus who taught about God. See....told you that you didn't understand Christianity.

then you would know Bible also predicted the coming of prophet muhummad (PBUH) http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/muhammad_bible.htm

No it didn't. It predicted the Holy Spirit but that text was corrupted by Muslims to believe they followed the other religions. Even in the beginning of the Quran Mohammed made sure he was mentioned by name. And the poor uneducated sheep herders fell for it. No offense.
Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

If we could ever figure out how to cryonically susupend people and get them back out without every cell in thier body being ruptured (which is what happens today), than maybe. We also need to figure out how to make anti-matter at a quantity that is useable, or collect hydrogen from deep space along the way to power the spacecraft. Neither of these things are anywhere close to being feasible. 

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Goddamn, the stupid in this thread is painful.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#238 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]Creationism is wrong. You keep saying we were created. Humans are a species of ape, we are here because of evolution. GrayF0X786

Gotta love double standard. u dont believe in Creationism because its written by "Man". u believe in evolution because evolutionists said so...

:lol:

Wut?
How is that funny?
Or at all comparable?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#239 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]ok now let say evolution is real. why there are still monkeys? and where the rest are them? also. who was first ever person/monkey? how he create? was he made on its own? himself?? it make ZERO SENSE. :lol: Adam (Pbuh) was first person and it make perfect sense.

Holy fuckeries Surely not serious Please
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] No Christianity is following the teachings of Jesus who taught about God. See....told you that you didn't understand Christianity.LJS9502_basic
then you would know Bible also predicted the coming of prophet muhummad (PBUH) http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/muhammad_bible.htm

No it didn't. It predicted the Holy Spirit but that text was corrupted by Muslims to believe they followed the other religions. Even in the beginning of the Quran Mohammed made sure he was mentioned by name. And the poor uneducated sheep herders fell for it. No offense.

The fail is strong with this one...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] then you would know Bible also predicted the coming of prophet muhummad (PBUH) http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/muhammad_bible.htmGrayF0X786

The fail is strong with this one...

I know. It's kind of funny how Muslims took the term for the Holy Spirit and claim it meant Mohammed. FYI....prophets were not predicted by name.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] then you would know Bible also predicted the coming of prophet muhummad (PBUH) http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/muhammad_bible.htm

Bible predict the coming of Muhammad (PBUH). now look at this http://www.irf.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=205&Itemid=101 is this also"corrupt by muslims"??

LOL it's a biased website. Read some non Islamic sites about the words used and you'll find the bible did NOT predict Mohammed.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 dave123321

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Why did this then into a stupid religion debate? Get your **** act together, OT. Seriously. As for the question. Not anytime soon. Centuries maybeLJS9502_basic

Because OT always stay on topic...amirite? Welcome to OT....always good to see new users join.

We need to strive for better thread derails instead of religion.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 dave123321

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Why did this then into a stupid religion debate? Get your **** act together, OT. Seriously. As for the question. Not anytime soon. Centuries maybeGrayF0X786

Its that f^t panda Tenakas fault.

Should have figured
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 LJS9502_basic
Deuteronomy 18:18.....understood as a a prophecy of a Messiah...not a mere prophet. Mohammed is not a Messiah. Matthew 1:18 is about the virgin birth. I don't think even Muslims imply that Mohammed was a virgin birth. Jesus is a virgin birth per the bible. Also Luke 1;35. Isaiah 29:12 is about Jerusalem refusing to believe God's revelation and would not be saved. You're not implying Mohammed is God I hope. The NT Scripture quoted is the Holy Spirit...ie Comforter and NOT Mohammed. I already told you that.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Why did this then into a stupid religion debate? Get your **** act together, OT. Seriously. As for the question. Not anytime soon. Centuries maybedave123321

We need to strive for better thread derails instead of religion.

I dunno I'm always amused when Muslims corrupt Scripture to try to prove Mohammend was mentioned where he was not. And they ALWAYS use Muslims responses and never once do independent research.....it's like their faith will be shaken if the find out Mohammeds forcing himself into early holy books was just that.
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

You don't need lightspeed to leave the system

worlock77

You're right.  And besides, even if we could travel lightspeed, we would still be pretty slow.  Way too slow.

Lightspeed too slow?

Haha space balls is very funny.

But lightspeed is painfully slow for traveling.

Avatar image for Rioichi21Cooper
Rioichi21Cooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Rioichi21Cooper
Member since 2012 • 246 Posts

Yes but not in my lifetime.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#250 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Why did this then into a stupid religion debate?dave123321

because some fools feel the need to parade around their elementary-level world view