Which Of These 2 Games Are You The Most Pumped For?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts

Red Steel 2

OR

Mario Galaxy 2

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
Well I'm most exited for Red Steel because it's coming out soon, but I WANT Galaxy the most because it will be the better game.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Mario Galaxy. Red Steel 2 does not look good IMO.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#4 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy 2 it looks so amazing.

-CUBE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -CUBE-
Member since 2006 • 708 Posts
Out of Nintendo's games, Metroid Other M most defiantly. and its a tie between golden Sun, No more heroes2 and redsteel2 for the second spot. And across all systems, Metroid Oter M and Heavy Rain.
Lonnie2Hottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Lonnie2Hottie
Member since 2005 • 933 Posts

Between those two games it's Galaxy 2. Who with a Wii could not be pumped about Galaxy 2 ?

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
Tough question to answer. RS2 is looking very good IMO, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the differences between it and the original will be, with Wii Motion Plus, new sword fighting style (not seperated from the rest of the action, can move around freely), etc. But SMG2 is... SMG2. :P It's the sequel of the best Wii game. It's supposed to be harder than the original (one of my few complaints about the original). It seems to have some interesting ideas already, especially with Yoshi. But, it does seem more of the same. ... You know, hell with it. SMG2, by far. :P Though I am looking forward to RS2.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

Looking at their predecessors, my choice is pretty clear. :P I'm still interested in Red Steel 2 though.

JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JebranRush
Member since 2009 • 1401 Posts
Well, Red Steel 2 looks like a lot of sword-slashing fun. Galaxy 2 seems like such a solid sequel, though. I don't know, but I guess I'll go with Galaxy 2.
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EpiphoneMan2008
Man Galaxy 2 is OWNING
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

Although RS 2 looks kind of neat, there's really no question as to which I want more- SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2!

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
Red Steel 2 will be awesome, but c'mon, SMG2!
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Red Steel

I already played Galaxy

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Head_of_games

Red Steel

I already played Galaxy

Jaysonguy

:o :lol: :| :evil:

I'm sorry, but this is a new low for you Jayson. As I recall, Miyamoto said Galaxy two was going to be 90%-95% new, with the non-new presumably being the item, enemy, and character models.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Red Steel

I already played Galaxy

Head_of_games

I'm sorry, but this is a new low for you Jayson. As I recall, Miyamoto said Galaxy two was going to be 90%-95% new, with the non-new presumably being the item, enemy, and character models.

Red Steel 2 is completely new

Mario Galaxy is just 1.5

I'm more interested in something new then stuff that didn't make Mario Galaxy the first time

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Head_of_games

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Red Steel

I already played Galaxy

Jaysonguy

Mario Galaxy is just 1.5

I'm more interested in something new then stuff that didn't make Mario Galaxy the first time

90%-95% = 1.5??? I don't think so. The game is going to use the same looks, but all the levels and such(The things that matter) will be new. I can not possibly see how someone could not be exited for this.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
I'm actually more interested in Red Steel 2... Galaxy is a great game, but I just didn't really enjoy it all that much. I got bored of it pretty quick. RS2 has some very original elements to it and graphical styIe, and I'm extremely interested to see how they pull it off, if they do. *flame-shields ACTIVATE!*
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]

Head_of_games

Mario Galaxy is just 1.5

90%-95% = 1.5??? I don't think so. The game is going to use the same looks, but all the levels and such(The things that matter) will be new. I can not possibly see how someone could not be exited for this.

Easy, they played Mario Galaxy lol

I mean if Mario Galaxy is someone's favorite game they should be happy because they're getting the exact same thing again, everyone else that played it will just be aware that more of it will be available next holiday season.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

90%-95% = 1.5??? I don't think so. The game is going to use the same looks, but all the levels and such(The things that matter) will be new. I can not possibly see how someone could not be exited for this.Head_of_games
Red Steel 2 has new gameplay, not just new gameplay elements. I beleive that's what Jason is getting at.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Head_of_games

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]90%-95% = 1.5??? I don't think so. The game is going to use the same looks, but all the levels and such(The things that matter) will be new. I can not possibly see how someone could not be exited for this.nintendofreak_2

Red Steel 2 has new gameplay, not just new gameplay elements. I beleive that's what Jason is getting at.

Wait, so he's only exited for games that are 100% never been anything like it before? If you liked Galaxy then you should love Galaxy 2, is that really that complicated?
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Mario Galaxy 2 is the sequel to the best game on the Wii and Red Steel 2 is the sequel to one of the worst. Naturally I am more excited for Galaxy. That said, Red Steel 2 looks great.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]90%-95% = 1.5??? I don't think so. The game is going to use the same looks, but all the levels and such(The things that matter) will be new. I can not possibly see how someone could not be exited for this.Head_of_games

Wait, so he's only exited for games that are 100% never been anything like it before? If you liked Galaxy then you should love Galaxy 2, is that really that complicated?

No, I'm most excited for stuff I haven't done

Mario Galaxy is now old hat, we know what happens with the gravity and the waggle and the stars.

Red Steel is completely new with the only thing the same same from the first iteration being the words RED and STEEL

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Head_of_games

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"][QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]Red Steel 2 has new gameplay, not just new gameplay elements. I beleive that's what Jason is getting at.

Jaysonguy

Mario Galaxy is now old hat, we know what happens with the gravity and the waggle and the stars.

Red Steel is completely new with the only thing the same same from the first iteration being the words RED and STEEL

But in the end, will not Galaxy be the better game?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"] Wait, so he's only exited for games that are 100% never been anything like it before? If you liked Galaxy then you should love Galaxy 2, is that really that complicated? Head_of_games

Ehhh, that's hard to say

Two different genres, one game having that "been there done that feel"

I just don't think more Mario Galaxy is going to be all that great considering it's pedigree. It's the same thing as the first one so can it be the "best Mario game ever"?

I don't think so because too much of it is going to have an old feeling

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
with wii motion plus i have to go with red steel 2 it looks lije the closest thing to real feel of sword play in anygame made and i love the new graphics plus it comes out this year when galaxy 2 doesn't
jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy 2. Red Steel, in my opinion looks good, but cannot compare to SMG2, in terms of Graphics, and Gameplay.

wiifan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wiifan99
Member since 2009 • 401 Posts

Obviously Galaxy 2

jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

Red Steel

I already played Galaxy

Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]90%-95% = 1.5??? I don't think so. The game is going to use the same looks, but all the levels and such(The things that matter) will be new. I can not possibly see how someone could not be exited for this.nintendofreak_2

I just wish he had said it in that way instead of the troll-iest way possible. Jason, must you constantly be dropping flamebait? Do you enjoy irritating people that much just because you a different opinion? Its fine if you anticipate RS2 more than SMG2 (Heck, I'm looking forward to how RS2 is going to turn out more so than SMG2), but this is obviously written to annoy rather than to contribute.
its_a_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 its_a_username
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

i want red steel 2 sooooooo bad

Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#30 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
Having Wii Motion Plus bundled with Red Steel will greatly influence my decision to purchase it. I can understand what Jasonguy is saying about RS2, it is going to be a completely new experience. Mario Galaxy 2 will have new elements, but will still be relativly similar to the original. That being said, I'm still more excited for SMG2 than RS2.
blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#31 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

I can't wait for Red Steel--but I'll take Mario over guns and violence any day.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
to be hnoest none... but if I had t pick one.. galaxy... steel look to tiredsome.. :P
Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#33 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Ehhh, that's hard to say

I just don't think more Mario Galaxy is going to be all that great considering it's pedigree. It's the same thing as the first one so can it be the "best Mario game ever"?

I'm not sure how well SMG2 will do compared to the original, but I'm definitely excited about it. Galaxy 1 was great enough that I'm looking forward to the next installment, considering how much new content will be included.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Well I'm most exited for Red Steel because it's coming out soon, but I WANT Galaxy the most because it will be the better game.Head_of_games

Good point.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Head_of_games

Jaysonguy

Ehhh, that's hard to say

Old feeling? Does that apply to GOW 2&3, Halo 2&3, SMB 2&3, etc? Games don't get worse because they are similar to their predecessors if the predecessors were incredible games. Does something have to be totally new and original to be great?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"] But in the end, will not Galaxy be the better game? Head_of_games

Ehhh, that's hard to say

Old feeling? Does that apply to GOW 2&3, Halo 2&3, SMB 2&3, etc? Games don't get worse because they are similar to their predecessors if the predecessors were incredible games. Does something have to be totally new and original to be great?

Besides Super Mario the other titles there actually have some sort of story going on

Mario Galaxy doesn't have much left unsaid storywise, there were no loose ends that made people excited about the next installment to see how it all ends.

Mario Galaxy is just asking the player to go through the same same motions again

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Head_of_games

Ehhh, that's hard to say

Jaysonguy

Besides Super Mario the other titles there actually have some sort of story going on

Mario Galaxy doesn't have much left unsaid storywise, there were no loose ends that made people excited about the next installment to see how it all ends.

Mario Galaxy is just asking the player to go through the same same motions again

How will it be the same? All the levels will be brand new, original, and fun as ever! I really don't see what the problem is.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"] Old feeling? Does that apply to GOW 2&3, Halo 2&3, SMB 2&3, etc? Games don't get worse because they are similar to their predecessors if the predecessors were incredible games. Does something have to be totally new and original to be great?Head_of_games

How will it be the same? All the levels will be brand new, original, and fun as ever! I really don't see what the problem is.

There's not a problem

Red Steel is more exciting because it's new, that's all

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Head_of_games

Jaysonguy

There's not a problem

Wait, are we debating quality or hype-level? If it's the latter, then I actually agree with you.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"] How will it be the same? All the levels will be brand new, original, and fun as ever! I really don't see what the problem is.Head_of_games

There's not a problem

Wait, are we debating quality or hype-level? If it's the latter, then I actually agree with you.

Hmmmm

I think the quality will be higher for Red Steel compared to what each studio can do. Mario will be higher quality because it's first party and nothing beats first party tech. If we factor in everything that's going into each game compared to it's resources for the Wii I think Red Steel will be the superior effort.

Mario Galaxy will be a good game, I don't know if it'll be great because it shares too much with the last game that JUST came out.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Head_of_games

There's not a problem

Jaysonguy

Hmmmm

I think the quality will be higher for Red Steel compared to what each studio can do. Mario will be higher quality because it's first party and nothing beats first party tech. If we factor in everything that's going into each game compared to it's resources for the Wii I think Red Steel will be the superior effort.

Mario Galaxy will be a good game, I don't know if it'll be great because it shares too much with the last game that JUST came out.

So relative-to-their-makers-speaking, you think Red Steel 2 will be better? I'd say that's a fair assumption, but only time will tell. I can still see Galaxy 2 getting a 9.9.
spencer_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 spencer_119
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts

red steel 2 because I like the whole wild west/sci fi theme

EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 EpiphoneMan2008
Having Wii Motion Plus bundled with Red Steel will greatly influence my decision to purchase it. I can understand what Jasonguy is saying about RS2, it is going to be a completely new experience. Mario Galaxy 2 will have new elements, but will still be relativly similar to the original. That being said, I'm still more excited for SMG2 than RS2. Kcdragon8116
I feel the same way about the bundle!
maverick_41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#44 maverick_41
Member since 2007 • 1195 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy 2 hands down. I never played the first Red Steel.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Red Steel

I already played Galaxy

Jaysonguy

Mario Galaxy is just 1.5

Once again wrong. Its a new game, even the levels are that are from the first one will probably be changed up. Its like calling Halo 3 the same game because some multiplayer levels are back from Halo 2.

Nice try though.

I am also more excited for Red Steel 2 but I do not need to justify it with a reason that is false.

littledoug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 littledoug
Member since 2008 • 219 Posts

smg2 for sure

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#47 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
even the levels are that are from the first one will probably be changed up. Its like calling Halo 3 the same game because some multiplayer levels are back from Halo 2.kardine
If you're talking about the 90% new content thing, I think that is just a misunderstanding based on IGN's article of Miyamoto's conference. I don't think there are returning levels. Basically, he was talking about them starting the idea of the game with the left-over ideas, and then when they got started, they began to think of more and more ideas for the game. Once that started happening, they actually had a lot more ideas that the ones that they were using from the group that they started with (the left-over ideas from the original). And in that way, it's 90% new content, but to us, it's 100% new. If you're talking about the planets that look similar to the ones in past games, then yeah. They probably will all have new twists to them. For example, the returning giant robot now has the star underneath it in glass, and you have to drill your way through the planet so that you can hit that glass, instead of climbing up the robot and using the Bullet Bills to hit the glas on its head.
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#48 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

Seriously? Mario!

Nate_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Nate_
Member since 2009 • 205 Posts
yey Super Mario Galaxy 2!
Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#50 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts
Red Steel 2 looks like a completely fresh and new experience, the cel shading and Samurai western setting makes me want it over any other shooter at the moment. I have no doubt the Galaxy 2 will be great but judging from the trailer, it kinda looks like Galaxy 1.5