Which Of These 2 Games Are You The Most Pumped For?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts
[QUOTE="kardine"]even the levels are that are from the first one will probably be changed up. Its like calling Halo 3 the same game because some multiplayer levels are back from Halo 2.Hungry_Homer111
If you're talking about the 90% new content thing, I think that is just a misunderstanding based on IGN's article of Miyamoto's conference. I don't think there are returning levels. Basically, he was talking about them starting the idea of the game with the left-over ideas, and then when they got started, they began to think of more and more ideas for the game. Once that started happening, they actually had a lot more ideas that the ones that they were using from the group that they started with (the left-over ideas from the original). And in that way, it's 90% new content, but to us, it's 100% new. If you're talking about the planets that look similar to the ones in past games, then yeah. They probably will all have new twists to them. For example, the returning giant robot now has the star underneath it in glass, and you have to drill your way through the planet so that you can hit that glass, instead of climbing up the robot and using the Bullet Bills to hit the glas on its head.

There are a number of reasons why having those old levels isn't even a problem. But what you said is probably the case.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]

:o :lol: :| :evil:

I'm sorry, but this is a new low for you Jayson. As I recall, Miyamoto said Galaxy two was going to be 90%-95% new, with the non-new presumably being the item, enemy, and character models.

kardine

Red Steel 2 is completely new

Mario Galaxy is just 1.5

I'm more interested in something new then stuff that didn't make Mario Galaxy the first time

Once again wrong. Its a new game, even the levels are that are from the first one will probably be changed up. Its like calling Halo 3 the same game because some multiplayer levels are back from Halo 2.

Nice try though.

I am also more excited for Red Steel 2 but I do not need to justify it with a reason that is false.

Ok, want to know how Mario Galaxy 2 is going to turn out? Go play Mario Galaxy 1

Want to know how Red Steel is going to turn out? Sorry can't help you, nothing else is like it right now

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#53 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I'm going with Mario Galaxy 2. Sorry Red Steel, I'm just not interested after the first game. Hope you prove me wrong!
Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
[QUOTE="Waffle_Fish"]Red Steel 2 looks like a completely fresh and new experience, the cel shading and Samurai western setting makes me want it over any other shooter at the moment. I have no doubt the Galaxy 2 will be great but judging from the trailer, it kinda looks like Galaxy 1.5

At least there is ONE other person looking forward to this game.........
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
[QUOTE="Waffle_Fish"]Red Steel 2 looks like a completely fresh and new experience, the cel shading and Samurai western setting makes me want it over any other shooter at the moment. I have no doubt the Galaxy 2 will be great but judging from the trailer, it kinda looks like Galaxy 1.5EpiphoneMan2008
At least there is ONE other person looking forward to this game.........

theyll both be great. ill most likely be picking both up at some point.
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#56 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

Red Steel vs Mario? Should be Metroid vs Mario.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#57 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

[QUOTE="kardine"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Mario Galaxy is just 1.5

I'm more interested in something new then stuff that didn't make Mario Galaxy the first time

Jaysonguy

Once again wrong. Its a new game, even the levels are that are from the first one will probably be changed up. Its like calling Halo 3 the same game because some multiplayer levels are back from Halo 2.

Nice try though.

I am also more excited for Red Steel 2 but I do not need to justify it with a reason that is false.

Ok, want to know how Mario Galaxy 2 is going to turn out? Go play Mario Galaxy 1

Want to know how Red Steel is going to turn out? Sorry can't help you, nothing else is like it right now

Thing is Jayson, I know Mario Galaxy 2 is going to be a good game. It is still uncertain how Red Steel 2 is going to turn out.

You can't deny the fact that it may suck, but also, I may also be one of the best games ever to appear on Wii, which is what I hope it is.

I am excited to be able to play this game this holiday, just hope that revolver in the demo is not the only firearm in the game. I would love to slice someone up and finish them with a shot gun shell to the face. FTW!

Most of my excitement right now is on Metroid Other M, which looks AMAZING.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy 2, in my opinion it'll be funner and more enjoyable overall. Red Steel 2 doesn't look all that great, it may have Wii Motion Plus but so what. I was never interested in Red Steel and I don't see myself being interested in Red Stell 2. Having Wii Motion Plus isn't enough to warrant a purchase in my opinion. Whereas Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an instant buy. I know it'll be just as good if not better than Super Mario Galaxy, it's going to have 90% new levels and being able to ride on Yoshi is just awesome.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#59 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

galaxy2

steizgr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 steizgr8
Member since 2007 • 559 Posts

It's a fairly safe be that SMG2 is gonna be awesome.

I remain wary of RS2.

Knight-Owl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#61 Knight-Owl
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy 2, in my opinion it'll be funner and more enjoyable overall. Red Steel 2 doesn't look all that great, it may have Wii Motion Plus but so what. I was never interested in Red Steel and I don't see myself being interested in Red Stell 2. Having Wii Motion Plus isn't enough to warrant a purchase in my opinion. Whereas Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an instant buy. I know it'll be just as good if not better than Super Mario Galaxy, it's going to have 90% new levels and being able to ride on Yoshi is just awesome.

J_Ford
I concur :D
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 kardine

[QUOTE="kardine"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Mario Galaxy is just 1.5

Jaysonguy

Nice try though.

Ok ignore everything I said. Read what half this thread has said to you and at least try to listen. Its a new game, new levels, new items, and new ways to platform. You and I know nothing of what Red Steel 2 or SMG2 will turn out to be. Again nice try, but if the best you can do is repeat the words "its the same game" you have not proven anything.
canadianloonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#63 canadianloonie
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts

Red Steel 2. The game looks AMAZING! I'm really excited about it. This will be my first WM+ game.

On the flip side, I probably won't even buy SMG2. While I have no doubt that SMG2 will be great, it is fundamentally the same game as SMG. You are just playing new additional levels. I already had my fill of SMG and have no desire to play more of it.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#64 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy 2 of course. And for those complaining about it being a sequel I suggest you just throw away all games in your collection that feature a number bigger than one beside its title. :)

Red Steel 2 looks fantastic but its prequel's quality doesn't make me very excited, even though I am sure Red Steel 2 will be superior.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy 2 of course. And for those complaining about it being a sequel I suggest you just throw away all games in your collection that feature a number bigger than one beside its title. :)

Pierst179

Why would they do that? The people who have said that not really that excited for SMG2 have contrasted it with Red Steel 2 (note: bigger than one), saying that the latter is a sequel that has new gameplay.

You can disagree with that if you like, but why would you suggest that they throw away all sequels in their collection because they aren't excited for SMG's sequel, especially since they've each made a point of comparing it to another sequel that does things differently enough to make them interested?

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kardine

How many sequels would be have to discreidt for being similar to the first one. Its a new game with new features and new challenges. I am more exicted for RS2, but that does not mean SMG2 is dirt.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 clicketyclick

How many sequels would be have to discreidt for being similar to the first one. Its a new game with new features and new challenges. I am more exicted for RS2, but that does not mean SMG2 is dirt.

kardine
No-one said it is dirt. Just not as exciting or interesting. [spoiler] SMG wasn't all that revolutionary to begin with... they didn't really use gravity to an extent that it made things truly different from past 3D mario experiences. [/spoiler]
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 kardine
[QUOTE="kardine"]

clicketyclick
No-one said it is dirt. Just not as exciting or interesting. [spoiler] SMG wasn't all that revolutionary to begin with... they didn't really use gravity to an extent that it made things truly different from past 3D mario experiences. [/spoiler]

Saying that SMG2 is the same as SMG1 or any prestigious game series is very discrediting. You may not have been impressed with SMG, but I thought it was the next level of 3d platforming. The use of the gravity made for interesting gameplay and the amazing camera complimented it. Not to mention the visuals are still one of the top the Wii has to offer. The industry seemed to agree with sales, reviews, and an overall highly positive sentiment.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 clicketyclick
[QUOTE="kardine"] Saying that SMG2 is the same as SMG1 or any prestigious game series is very discrediting.

How is it discrediting? In any case, I didn't say it's the same. I said the gameplay is not sufficiently different to make it exciting. This is hardly controversial. It's a widely held opinion, and one espoused by the industry types who saw SMG2 at E3.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 kardine
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"][QUOTE="kardine"] Saying that SMG2 is the same as SMG1 or any prestigious game series is very discrediting.

How is it discrediting? In any case, I didn't say it's the same. I said the gameplay is not sufficiently different to make it exciting. This is hardly controversial. It's a widely held opinion, and one espoused by the industry types who saw SMG2 at E3.

I do not believe I was talking about you. And same is entirely different than similar, esp. with a game design like SMG.
Oakfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 Oakfront
Member since 2007 • 2788 Posts

Mario Galaxy 2

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#72 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Saying Super Mario Galaxy 2 is just gonna be the same as the first one. It will probably be bigger and better but probably not as innovative. Remember Super Mario Bros 3 was not groundbreaking when comparing that to the original Super Mario Bros but overall it was a much superior game and better game.Also I can actually see Super Mario Galaxy 2 going close to being better than Super Mario Galaxy.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
More Galaxy 2, but I'm not super excited for either.