What did you sell for a 3DS?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tasimb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Tasimb
Member since 2010 • 72 Posts

I was just wondering how many people sold something just to be able to get a 3DS.

I sold my entire Wii collection. 1 Wii.7+ Games. 2 Extra wiimotes. 1 Extra chuck. 1Cl@ssic controller. I loved my Wii but it was collecting dust.

Also a couple of 360 Games and my Rock Band set. I got a nice chunk of money from it all. Enough for SSFIV+3DS and some extra bucks to spend.

ganjalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ganjalo
Member since 2004 • 185 Posts
I'm not selling anything to directly credit to my 3DS, but I am considering selling my DS lite and replacing it with a GBA SP or GBA Micro once I have a 3DS.
Ripcurl530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Ripcurl530
Member since 2007 • 649 Posts
Selling my PSP and games to help out. The only game I really care about on PSP is Kingdom Hearts so hopefully the 3DS one will be just as good. 358/2 days was good but nowhere near as good as Birth by Sleep.
dalscowboys22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 dalscowboys22
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts

plasma

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Xbox 360, I never sell consoles but I never really used it that much.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

My soul.

[spoiler] Just kidding, I sold nothing [/spoiler]

gomakyle25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gomakyle25
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

I got rid of like 4 games and got 100 bucks for them to put towards the 3DS, man that was nice when the guy said I got that much, I was so happy :D

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#8 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Glasses free 3D turns me on.

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
i never knew a pair of feet sold for 20 000 dollars oh well i have no regrets
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

Nothing. Why would I have sold something?

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
19 hours of my life.
Tasimb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tasimb

Nothing. Why would I have sold something?

LaytonsCat

I had no money. $300+ After selling something i didnt use. That's why.

JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

Nothing, sounds like you kids need to get a job. Did you guys really sale that stuff or trade it in to Gamestop? Im guessing Gamestop so you probably got ripped off as well as losing a bunch of cool stuff.

Tasimb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tasimb

Nothing, sounds like you kids need to get a job. Did you guys really sale that stuff or trade it in to Gamestop? Im guessing Gamestop so you probably got ripped off as well as losing a bunch of cool stuff.

JuanGrande386

craigslist is a much better friend than Gamestop.

You're exactly right, I do need a job. But I don't have one, so I made use of what I had.

NamelessJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NamelessJay
Member since 2007 • 3082 Posts

Nothing. Early birthday present for me :D

one_of_panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 one_of_panda
Member since 2006 • 487 Posts

I did the GameStop promotion where you trade in your DS lite and get $50.00 towards the purchase of a 3DS, and I also traded a few games from my DS library and Xbox 360.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Nothing.

DustinTheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DustinTheWind
Member since 2002 • 4392 Posts

I have a job, have money, but I still sold my DS Lite on ebay and put the money towards the 3DS. Why keep the Lite? I'm fine with black borders if it means I have an extra $100

limonman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 limonman32
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts

I would sell my Wii, but so far my Dad and brother are against it.

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 coughlanio
Member since 2005 • 4306 Posts
I gave my DSi to my girlfriend, wish I could trade it in now :P I just saved up a little cash from my paycheck each week for the last 6 months, didn't even notice it.
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

I didnt sell anything "directly" for my 3ds...but I did take advantage of Gamestops deal a few weeks ago which was get an extra 50% trade in credit for any games/systems traded in. Plus if you are a powerup member you get an extra 10%, so I got about 200 bucks for trading in my original DS lite and a few ps3 games.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I sold my DSi for 100 bucks.
gomakyle25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gomakyle25

JuanGrande386

1. I have a job and still can't afford anything, thanks a lot to the almost $4/gallon for gas

2. I got rid of 4 games at Gamestop and got $100, tell me where I got ripped off there please? And they weren't even current games. So two parts of your statement are very much wrong in my case

Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts

[QUOTE="JuanGrande386"]

gomakyle25

1. I have a job and still can't afford anything, thanks a lot to the almost $4/gallon for gas

2. I got rid of 4 games at Gamestop and got $100, tell me where I got ripped off there please? And they weren't even current games. So two parts of your statement are very much wrong in my case

lol he's just acting high and mighty to the underage gamers in the community :P i still sell my games on ebay and i have a solid job. i'd rather use my paycheck for something else if i can sell my old games that i dont play anymore.
DustinTheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DustinTheWind

[QUOTE="gomakyle25"]

[QUOTE="JuanGrande386"]

Batang_X990

lol he's just acting high and mighty to the underage gamers in the community :P i still sell my games on ebay and i have a solid job. i'd rather use my paycheck for something else if i can sell my old games that i dont play anymore.

He's acting high and mighty towards anyone who values their money, old or young. Just because someone has a couple thousand dollars coming in every month doesn't mean they wouldn't mind having a little more, or using it on something else. I don't understand this attitude (I've seen it before) that if you have money you should automatically buy everything you deem 'cool' and never sell any of your outdated crap because "you have a job." People have something called priorities, maybe Jaun needs to look into those.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
I just worked for a couple days. My neighbour owns a shop and some lodges/inns so whenever I want cash he just puts me to work on random crap.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 riariases
[QUOTE="DustinTheWind"]

[QUOTE="Batang_X990"][QUOTE="gomakyle25"]

He's acting high and mighty towards anyone who values their money, old or young. Just because someone has a couple thousand dollars coming in every month doesn't mean they wouldn't mind having a little more, or using it on something else. I don't understand this attitude (I've seen it before) that if you have money you should automatically buy everything you deem 'cool' and never sell any of your outdated crap because "you have a job." People have something called priorities, maybe Jaun needs to look into those.

Or maybe hes just saying people should get jobs instead of letting Gamestop rip you off? Most the time I trade games in I regret it.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AutoPilotOn
Just because you sell something doesnt mean you traded it in to gamestop or dont have a job. I work 50 hours a week and I still sold my DSi to put towards my 3ds. I dont plan on needing both anyways.
JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JuanGrande386

[QUOTE="DustinTheWind"]

[QUOTE="Batang_X990"] lol he's just acting high and mighty to the underage gamers in the community :P i still sell my games on ebay and i have a solid job. i'd rather use my paycheck for something else if i can sell my old games that i dont play anymore.riariases

Or maybe hes just saying people should get jobs instead of letting Gamestop rip you off? Most the time I trade games in I regret it.

HAHA THANK YOU! Im not against selling off stuff you dont play IF you actually put it on Craigslist or Ebay and get the amount you deserve. If Cheapstop gave you $100 for 4 games then they mustve been really good games or hard to find. I know about the $4 gas thing too, my car takes diesel.

DustinTheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DustinTheWind

Just because you sell something doesnt mean you traded it in to gamestop or dont have a job. I work 50 hours a week and I still sold my DSi to put towards my 3ds. I dont plan on needing both anyways.AutoPilotOn

^ This.
I sold my Lite on Ebay and got $100 for it (with a couple crappy games I never played anymore). I never trade games in.

And I do have a full time job.

Babugee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Babugee
Member since 2004 • 8388 Posts

I sold my left eyeball...

Then I tried playing the 3DS at BestBuy but I couldn't see the 3D and the slider was turned all the way up.

The guy who played after me said he saw the 3D just fine but I don't know.... So I canceled my pre-order.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 riariases

[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="DustinTheWind"] Or maybe hes just saying people should get jobs instead of letting Gamestop rip you off? Most the time I trade games in I regret it.JuanGrande386

HAHA THANK YOU! Im not against selling off stuff you dont play IF you actually put it on Craigslist or Ebay and get the amount you deserve. If Cheapstop gave you $100 for 4 games then they mustve been really good games or hard to find. I know about the $4 gas thing too, my car takes diesel.

People on this site usually have a mind set that when someone is saying they have something someone else doesn't it automatically means they're trying to brag or are some sort of bigot.
Just because you sell something doesnt mean you traded it in to gamestop or dont have a job. I work 50 hours a week and I still sold my DSi to put towards my 3ds. I dont plan on needing both anyways.AutoPilotOn
Gamespot has ties and relations towards Gamestop and EB Games(they are the main retailers gamers on this site go to) so generally when people say sell/trade or anything, the first thing to come to mind is Gamestop or EB Games.
gomakyle25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gomakyle25

[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="DustinTheWind"]

JuanGrande386

They were nothing special for games, just 4 games, seeing how I can't buy new things all the time, they were a little old (1 year+). My newest game is Halo:Reach which I still play. As well, I tried selling these games everywhere, but I couldn't get anyone to nibble on them at all, even when I put the price down lower than being used at gamestop :(

I know we have different opinions and everything, but we all have to do different things to get games. Sometimes I do get cheated out of money from gamestop yes, but if they are a last resort to selling a game to and taking it, hell yeah I'm gonna take it. Now that I am out of things to sell and get money for, I have to save money to buy games and accessories and what not. (I wish I had games to get rid of, gamestop deal is trade-in anything towards 3DS games get an extra 25% and then I would get an extra 10% for being a member).

But if it works to get the 3DS I will do what I have to do, as well as you.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

I have a job,

DustinTheWind

this for me, I recomnd it to everyone who lacks money

Tasimb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Tasimb

Earlier in the thread I said I didn't have a job.

I literally just got hired 20 minutes ago. Time to buy my Wii back.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="DustinTheWind"]

JuanGrande386

Some people value their TIME more than to save a few bucks...if you want to SAVE money so be it...good thing I make great money for my age and own my own apartment and 2007 350z. No biggie...

I know I will get less at gamestop, its a fact...but sometimes I dont feel like dealing with people to sell my stuff, especially on craigslist (which ive sold a lot of stuff actially), because craigslist people are shady, they say they want something and then they dont...they waste your time plain and simple...then when you meet them they ask if they can 'borrow it for a few days' to see if it works. GTFO, id rather just get rid of it at gamestop and have it be done...anything I get is worth more than it is sitting on my shelf for years and then giving it away. So stop assuming people just dont make money because they trade stuff in...

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Nothing although i must say the idea of selling mines is tempting. No doubt 3DS's are gonna be going for much higher than their worth on ebay so i might sell mines and rebuy it thus saving me some if not the whole price of a 3DS.

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
My PSP collection, 3-4 360 games= $124:)
helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

I have a job, have money, but I still sold my DS Lite on ebay and put the money towards the 3DS. Why keep the Lite? I'm fine with black borders if it means I have an extra $100

DustinTheWind
you know i was thinking of selling the my ds lite as well. because since 3ds will play regular ds games as well there is not point of keeping it.
Megadaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Megadaman
Member since 2005 • 35 Posts

I traded in my 360. The only reason I was keeping it was for gears 3,so I decided I'd rather have$175 towards a 3dsthen pay $60 a year for a console I never use.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 riariases

I traded in my 360. The only reason I was keeping it was for gears 3,so I decided I'd rather have$175 towards a 3dsthen pay $60 a year for a console I never use.

Megadaman
Gamestop rips you off with 360 trade ins. Its like $40 or so.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AutoPilotOn

Megadaman
They gave you $175 trade in on a 360?
gomakyle25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gomakyle25

My PSP collection, 3-4 360 games= $124:)flowersjf

You got $124 for 3-4 360 games? Holy crap! :P

champofcube15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 champofcube15
Member since 2004 • 1596 Posts

I traded in 3 Wii games, 10 DS games, my DS Lite, 5 Gamecube games, 3 GBA games, and that was it. I traded in during the time Gamestop was doing the 50% extra store credit on trade-ins towards the 3DS. I also received an extra 10% since I am a PowerUp Rewards Pro member. That gets me a Cosmo Black 3DS, Pilotwings Resort, and $32 of store credit. :)

PS: I have a job.

peach79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 peach79
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

I sold my xbox 360 to my stupid nephew for $175 even though I bought it for $200 a year ago. I never played the damn thing after i finished Tales of Vesperia. I mostly play the PS3, and Wii when a Nintendo game comes out.

illharmonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 illharmonics
Member since 2005 • 5470 Posts
My girl and I traded in our Wii, games, and junk, since we hardly play it.
glcorpes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 glcorpes
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

sold my ipod touch 4th gen 32 gbs on amazon. got tired of great looking games with zero buttons. Doesn't work for me. 3ds will.

JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JuanGrande386

If youre happy about your trade ins, I guess thats all that matters. Im just saying I wouldve put in the little effort to put my stuff on Ebay and get even more towards the 3DS or something else. This is coming from someone who works right next door to a Gamestop and could just easily take my stuff there for a quick rippoff. The DS trade up special that everyone seems to like wasnt that great, $100 for DSi XL, $75 for DSi, and $50 for DS Lite??? You can get $60-$80 or more for a DS Lite on Ebay still, more if you have games. DSi get $100+, XL looks like $110+. Put $15 to cover shipping and post on a free fee day and bam your looking much better than the guy going to Gamestop.

Tasimb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tasimb

If youre happy about your trade ins, I guess thats all that matters. Im just saying I wouldve put in the little effort to put my stuff on Ebay and get even more towards the 3DS or something else. This is coming from someone who works right next door to a Gamestop and could just easily take my stuff there for a quick rippoff. The DS trade up special that everyone seems to like wasnt that great, $100 for DSi XL, $75 for DSi, and $50 for DS Lite??? You can get $60-$80 or more for a DS Lite on Ebay still, more if you have games. DSi get $100+, XL looks like $110+. Put $15 to cover shipping and post on a free fee day and bam your looking much better than the guy going to Gamestop.

JuanGrande386

That's just it though. Some peoples time is simply more important than the a bit of extra money.

I sold my stuff to gamestop because they were having a +% Trade in for store credit, which I was preordering from them anyway.

It worked out. Looking at the prices of things on ebay, I don't feel all that ripped off.