The Off-Topic Lounge: Gamecube Wiimake Version

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Everything about this thread will be the same as the last one, save for a few tweaks here and there. Some people think that recreating this thread is a waste of time and that I should've spent my time on a brand new thread with brand new content, not a simple copy of the old thread with only a few minor changes. Oh well, at least it doesn't cost $30.

Thus, I present to you....

The Off-Topic Lounge: Gamecube Wiimake Version

Unlike some Gamecube Wiimakes, you won't think twice before accepting it as part of your life. This Gamecube Wiimake will feature ways to look at things that you couldn't possibly have imagined if you'd never visited this thread. Prescription glasses will be provided if you want your eyesight to be clear.

All incredibly awesome things must have rules. The regular Gamespot rules apply, of course, but I want to point out some especially relevant ones.

Rules:

1. No spamming - "Off topic" doesn't mean "random and pointless." Start a new discussion or be a part of an on-going one.

2. No trolling or flaming - Keep this thread friendly and civilized and it'll be muchos funtastica.

So take off your virtual shoes, put them on the virtual rug in front of the virtual front door, and stay awhile. The OT Lounge is a toasty refuge for tired internet travelers.

Where the Christmas tree never comes down.

thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
Cheers to the new lounge!
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Horrah!

PS -- clever topic title name.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Oh well, at least it doesn't cost $30.

JordanElek

Well I wish you'd have told me that before I sent you the money for it. :evil:

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JordanElek
[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

Oh well, at least it doesn't cost $30.

GabuEx

Well I wish you'd have told me that before I sent you the money for it. :evil:

*polishes his shiny new $30-cent piece* Hmm?

I added a link to the old lounge in the "read before posting" thread, but here it is again in case people want a link in this thread, too. You never know when you'll want to relive the memories.

jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts
Oh, i didn't get it for a second... bags the green chair!
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

*polishes his shiny new $30-cent piece* Hmm?

JordanElek

"Thirty dollar cent piece"? What kind of crazy currency are you running there? :P

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

One great thing about this kind of thread is that we can get to know the Wii regulars a bit better. So take a minute to introduce yourself however you see fit. I'll start.

My name is actually Jordan Elek, in case anyone thought that was just some highly creative pseudonym I came up with. I registered with Gamespot back when it was mandatory to use your real name as your username, and I've kept with it all these years. And I am a male.... At some point people decide to steal my name and make it a girl's name.

I'm 23, currently working on my master's degree in English at a community college in Indiana. It sucks because I could have a decent job and be living on my own by now, but I'm focusing on getting this degree as soon as possible. I have an interim job at an auto auction until I find something better.

Most of my time during the semester is spent working and studying. In my free time, I browse Gamespot, play games, play the guitar, and read. I'm in an awkward, nearly friendless stage of my life right now due to just graduating from college in a different town, but it'll improve as I meet more people in this town.

So that's me in a nutshell. I didn't know nuts had shells this big...

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 haziqonfire
So all this time .. Bob is Jordan in disguise. ... wtf.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 haziqonfire
PS im off to bed now. Its 3am ... and tomorrow I know I'm going to have to shovel more .. damn you Canada, putting ME to work ..
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
lol Good idea. It's hard to believe a legendary thread is being made at 2:00 in the morning 4 days away from Christmas.
gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

Hurrah! It's finally snowing outside!

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
So... why the new thread? (unless I missed something :?)
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bob_newman
So... why the new thread? (unless I missed something :?)freek666
Couldn't the same thing be said about the Gamecube remakes? Also, the old thread got too big. It was the tactical RPG of the forum world: most people just couldn't invest the time it takes to read the whole thing.
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
A new lounge? yay!
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts
Hey, a new one ay? I think I'll actually look at this one since the post count isn't in the thousands yet. But tomorrow, it's almost 5 AM and I don't know why I'm awake.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JordanElek

I have an interim job at an auto auction until I find something better. ... I'm in an awkward, nearly friendless stage of my life right now due to just graduating from college in a different town, but it'll improve as I meet more people in this town.bob_newman
Just on update on... bob's.. life. He no longer works at the auto auction, because he has two better jobs. He's a tutor at his college's writing center as well as a courier for a local medical lab. So he helps people learn to write better and carries around urine and blood for a living.

He also has many friends now. It didn't take long what with his charming personality and all.

Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

Awesome title! I'll have to participate in this thread...since I felt like an outcast of the older one (hence me not showing up...).

Yay!

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
lol, I wonder what Jason's reaction to the title will be.
Thecatgun101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Thecatgun101
Member since 2008 • 389 Posts

Love the title. I think I'll post more in this one because the other one is up in the thousands, so hello everyone.

Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

lol, I wonder what Jason's reaction to the title will be.TAKE_IT_BACK

I'm sure we'll see soon enough...

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

Noooo! I wanted to be on the first page:(

O well, maybe next year.

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts

O well, maybe next year.

alexh_99
me too... seems like page one is in pretty high demand... Im gonna have to mark my calendar for next year :P
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 alexh_99
[QUOTE="alexh_99"]

O well, maybe next year.

ag1052
me too... seems like page one is in pretty high demand... Im gonna have to mark my calendar for next year :P

Maybe if someone didnt make it at 2:00 in the morning.......
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Wiimakes FTW!!
[QUOTE="ag1052"][QUOTE="alexh_99"]

O well, maybe next year.

alexh_99

Maybe if someone didnt make it at 2:00 in the morning.......

Relax guys. Just change your posts per page count to 40 and you'll be on the first page. :P
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 haziqonfire

[QUOTE="bob_newman"]I have an interim job at an auto auction until I find something better. ... I'm in an awkward, nearly friendless stage of my life right now due to just graduating from college in a different town, but it'll improve as I meet more people in this town.JordanElek

Just on update on... bob's.. life. He no longer works at the auto auction, because he has two better jobs. He's a tutor at his college's writing center as well as a courier for a local medical lab. So he helps people learn to write better and carries around urine and blood for a living.

He also has many friends now. It didn't take long what with his charming personality and all.

You guys are starting to creep me out.
MrMartinLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27 MrMartinLee
Member since 2003 • 1091 Posts
...so will the new lounge have motion controls and be compatible with all kinds of peripherals? I can't wait to try out my prototype Wiimote-holding coffee mug! Also, I'm a little skeptical about this whole Bob-is-Jordan thing. I'm gonna need to see some SSN #'s and PIN #'s before I'm convinced... Also, good luck to my shoveling brothers up north... we're getting a little break here in the Sierras, but expecting more snow next week...
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GamerBoy53
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="JordanElek"]

I have an interim job at an auto auction until I find something better. ... I'm in an awkward, nearly friendless stage of my life right now due to just graduating from college in a different town, but it'll improve as I meet more people in this town.bob_newman

You guys are starting to creep me out.

I think that's the point...
Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
2nd page, nice. So Bob is Jordan...then who's Jordan supposed to be? I really don't get this.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#30 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts
In terms of me wanting a Wii Port from Gamecube. All I need to see is Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. One of the best Jedi experiences ever.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 haziqonfire
I just came back from shoveling .. third time in 3 days. :(
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GamerBoy53
I just came back from shoveling .. third time in 3 days. :(Haziqonfire
It's been snowing like crazy over here in Alberta as well. It's -29 out right now:(.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 haziqonfire

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I just came back from shoveling .. third time in 3 days. :(GamerBoy53
It's been snowing like crazy over here in Alberta as well. It's -29 out right now:(.

Ouch .. well it was pretty bad here in Mississauga, ONT. Its really windy.. :| PS I just found out Mats Sundin now plays for Vancouver ... I know, I'm like 4 days late, but whatever!

Now Bob will be happy..

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 alexh_99

[QUOTE="GamerBoy53"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I just came back from shoveling .. third time in 3 days. :(Haziqonfire

Ouch .. well it was pretty bad here in Mississauga, ONT. Its really windy.. :| PS I just found out Mats Sundin now plays for Vancouver ... I know, I'm like 4 days late, but whatever!

Now Bob will be happy..

yeah you are really late. I think he should have gone to the rangers. they have more of a chance to win the cup than vancouver does. Anyway i bet bob is happy
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GamerBoy53
Anyone care to create a new discussion???
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bob_newman
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="GamerBoy53"] It's been snowing like crazy over here in Alberta as well. It's -29 out right now:(.alexh_99

Now Bob will be happy..

yeah you are really late. I think he should have gone to the rangers. they have more of a chance to win the cup than vancouver does. Anyway i bet bob is happy

I am NOT happy. I think we made a huge mistake signing him. $5 point-something million for half a year!?! Do they have any idea what a waste of money that is? He's just going to ditch us as soon as he can.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="alexh_99"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] Ouch .. well it was pretty bad here in Mississauga, ONT. Its really windy.. :| PS I just found out Mats Sundin now plays for Vancouver ... I know, I'm like 4 days late, but whatever!

Now Bob will be happy..

bob_newman

I am NOT happy. I think we made a huge mistake signing him. $5 point-something million for half a year!?! Do they have any idea what a waste of money that is? He's just going to ditch us as soon as he can.

he decreased his salary to give them more cap space though.
Thecatgun101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Thecatgun101

There's like no snow here in Kansas... But I lived in Wisconsin for awhile so I feel everyone's pain.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 alexh_99
[QUOTE="alexh_99"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] Ouch .. well it was pretty bad here in Mississauga, ONT. Its really windy.. :| PS I just found out Mats Sundin now plays for Vancouver ... I know, I'm like 4 days late, but whatever!

Now Bob will be happy..

bob_newman

what if he helps you guys win the cup?
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bob_newman
[QUOTE="bob_newman"][QUOTE="alexh_99"] yeah you are really late. I think he should have gone to the rangers. they have more of a chance to win the cup than vancouver does. Anyway i bet bob is happyalexh_99

what if he helps you guys win the cup?

He won't. He's not a good player imo. Our team could win it without him anyway. Even without Luongo, we've been holding our own.
Thecatgun101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Thecatgun101
K... I'm lost...
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bob_newman
K... I'm lost... Thecatgun101
It's a sport. It's called "hockey". You skate on ice and hit a round, rubber disc with a stick and try to get the disc in the other team's net.
ChildOfGaming7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ChildOfGaming7
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

Anyone care to create a new discussion???GamerBoy53

I will.........How are you doing?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Thecatgun101"]K... I'm lost... bob_newman
It's a sport. It's called "hockey". You skate on ice and hit a round, rubber disc with a stick and try to get the disc in the other team's net.

You know what I realized? A guy says something like "sloppy seconds" and he gets suspended indefinitately, yet a guy like Todd Bertuzzi who ended someones career gets away without getting charged by the law. I mean it always happens in Hockey. Some idiot does something really bad to another player and they don't suffer. Some guy says something about an ex-girlfriend and hes suspended because its distasteful.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bob_newman
[QUOTE="bob_newman"][QUOTE="Thecatgun101"]K... I'm lost... Haziqonfire

You know what I realized? A guy says something like "sloppy seconds" and he gets suspended indefinitately, yet a guy like Todd Bertuzzi who ended someones career gets away without getting charged by the law. I mean it always happens in Hockey. Some idiot does something really bad to another player and they don't suffer. Some guy says something about an ex-girlfriend and hes suspended because its distasteful.

Bert was suspended for the rest of the season, without pay. I'm not saying that was enough of a punishment, but he still got punished.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="bob_newman"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="bob_newman"] It's a sport. It's called "hockey". You skate on ice and hit a round, rubber disc with a stick and try to get the disc in the other team's net.

Bert was suspended for the rest of the season, without pay. I'm not saying that was enough of a punishment, but he still got punished.

I know but still, I think some things need to be dealt with by the law and not just the league.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GamerBoy53

[QUOTE="GamerBoy53"]Anyone care to create a new discussion???ChildOfGaming7

I will.........How are you doing?

Good. How about you??? Oh, and hey Bob, I finally listened to that link in your sig. That song is epic:P.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
screenshotscreenshotscreenshotscreenshotscreenshotscreenshot "Tetris Party" High Score: 2,024,722 Time: 62'36'30 So do all those pictures mean that I win? :twisted::P
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
I'm gone for less than a day and I miss the first page by a long shot. Oh well.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GamerBoy53
screenshotscreenshotscreenshotscreenshotscreenshotscreenshot "Tetris Party" High Score: 2,024,722 Time: 62'36'30 So do all those pictures mean that I win? :twisted::PZumaJones07
No. I win.