The Off Topic Lounge: End of All Things Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#351 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
AIM sucks and didn't work all night.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#352 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

AIM sucks and didn't work all night.Haziqonfire

I completely agree, me and my fiancee tried using AIM while we were long distance and it was just too unreliable, eventually went with skype.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#353 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

I completely agree, me and my fiancee tried using AIM while we were long distance and it was just too unreliable, eventually went with skype.

WreckEm711

Try msn?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#354 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

My post count is 34143 and I'm pretty alright with that

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#355 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

Ummm......

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#357 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
WiiFan loves playing Wii, WiiFan saves tons of money with free games, just copy and paste this link, super easyWiiFan009
Fixed?
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

My 3DS is broked. Screens won't turn on.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

This is the first time I've had a Nintendo system break on me. 3DS is doomed!

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 WreckEm711

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

bob_newman

Dead battery? :P

That really sucks man :(

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 bob_newman

[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

WreckEm711

Dead battery? :P

That really sucks man :(

No, it's charging, when I press the power button the blue light comes on, the screens even turn on (they're totally black but they're lit up), but that's it. No sound, the 3D indicator doesn't turn on, it's just 2 black screens of death. Now I'm going to have to send it in for repairs. I hope I don't lose my Ambassador certificate.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 haziqonfire

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

bob_newman
That sucks ... at least it's still under warranty.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#362 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="WiiFan009"]WiiFan loves playing Wii, WiiFan saves tons of money with free games, just copy and paste this link, super easyJordanElek
Fixed?

Wait, what? :? Something I should be made relevant to? Is there an imposter :o
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
[QUOTE="JordanElek"][QUOTE="WiiFan009"]WiiFan loves playing Wii, WiiFan saves tons of money with free games, just copy and paste this link, super easywiifan001
Fixed?

I was really confused by that post too actually... Then when I saw your post I noticed you are Wiifan001, not Wiifan009... They're coming for you Wiifan... they're coming for you...
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 wiifan001

They're coming for you Wiifan... they're coming for you...roboccs

Then I say,

Nintendo Wii Controller Costume

BRING IT OOOOOOOOOONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
[QUOTE="JordanElek"][QUOTE="WiiFan009"]WiiFan loves playing Wii, WiiFan saves tons of money with free games, just copy and paste this link, super easywiifan001
Fixed?

Seems to just be a spammer, odd that he talked in third person though. Dupe account perhaps?
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 roboccs
[QUOTE="wiifan001"]

They're coming for you Wiifan... they're coming for you...roboccs

Then I say,

Nintendo Wii Controller Costume

BRING IT OOOOOOOOOONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha!! Well played!!
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 alexh_99

Resident Evil 6! When i started up the trailer i was like "please let there be leon, please let there be leon". The trailer did not disappoint!

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Ugh. Running out of ammo is the worst part of Resident Evil games. :evil:

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 alexh_99

Ugh. Running out of ammo is the worst part of Resident Evil games. :evil:

ANIMEguy10034
It adds to the "survival" aspect of the game. Got to use your ammo wisely :P
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 ANIMEguy10034

It adds to the "survival" aspect of the game. Got to use your ammo wisely :Palexh_99

Indeed.

I noticed that I have better aim with gyro controls than analog controls. I'm not losing as much ammo as I used to. :)

[Currently playing the RE: Revelations demo]

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 haziqonfire
Resident Evil 6 makes me excited! Also Resident Evil: Revelations is pretty good.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 WreckEm711

Soo, I picked up pokemon black today. I'm kinda excited. :P

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 ANIMEguy10034

WreckEm711

Have fun! ^_^

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 JordanElek

Fixed?

Just think.... That spammer's first attempt at a username on GS was probably wiifan001 but it was taken. So there are probably seven other wiifan00s out there. :shock:

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

ANIMEguy10034

Have fun! ^_^

You too, I see you were playing resident evil, I've put about an hour into the demo, I really enjoy it :P Actually the first game i prefer the 3D off on.. seems like it distorts the graphics a bit too much for my liking :( Preordered it today though :)

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 JordanElek

Resident Evil 6! When i started up the trailer i was like "please let there be leon, please let there be leon". The trailer did not disappoint!

alexh_99

Resident Evil is just another action franchise now. That would be fine except we have a lot of those already. Strip the Resident Evil name from that trailer and it wouldn't even catch my eye as something to be interested in. I know that action games will sell more and are more appealing to people than true survival horror, so I understand both Capcom's reasoning and people's attraction to post-Code-Veronica Resident Evil... but it's just not the kind of game I'm looking for.

I don't have any particular attachment to the RE universe, but I would really like to play something that harnesses the atmosphere of the original Resident Evil. I don't really care if the RE franchise itself ever gets back to that, but I'd like to see SOMETHING take its place. Nothing (except maybe Silent Hill 2) has been able to create the same sense of tension and legitimate fear that the original RE games did, especially the Gamecube remake of the first game.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Resident Evil games were never scary. The first three plus Code Veronica and Zero were just overglorified point-and-click adventure games with some zombies thrown in.4, 5, 6, andRevelationsare just overglorified third-person shooters with infected villagers and zombies thrown in.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 JordanElek

Resident Evil games were never scary.TheFallenDemon
Then you have nerves of steel. Most of the horror came from contrived gameplay mechanics like limited ammo/saves and tank controls, but the atmosphere itself laid the foundation for those mechanics to instill actual fear. I did a LOT of frantic running because I either didn't want to waste ammo on a particular monster or didn't think that I'd live through the fight in order to save my game after a half hour of play. That's the very definition of survival horror to me, and I don't see any games like that any more.

There are three Silent Hill games coming out next month.... Maybe one of them will be decent, but I doubt it. That series got weird.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]Resident Evil games were never scary.JordanElek

Then you have nerves of steel. Most of the horror came from contrived gameplay mechanics like limited ammo/saves and tank controls, but the atmosphere itself laid the foundation for those mechanics to instill actual fear. I did a LOT of frantic running because I either didn't want to waste ammo on a particular monster or didn't think that I'd live through the fight in order to save my game after a half hour of play. That's the very definition of survival horror to me, and I don't see any games like that any more.

There are three Silent Hill games coming out next month.... Maybe one of them will be decent, but I doubt it. That series got weird.

Eh, I'm with him :P Resident Evil never was very scary, it was tense though because of the limited ammo. The only games that have actually scared me is dead Space and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 JordanElek

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]Resident Evil games were never scary.WreckEm711

Eh, I'm with him :P Resident Evil never was very scary, it was tense though because of the limited ammo. The only games that have actually scared me is dead Space and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

I guess it depends on what you count as "scary." The jump-scare moments were usually effective on me, but that's not what I consider "legitimate fear."

When you come across that first fast zombie in Resident Evil and it charges at you, you hit the quick turn button and just starting running for your life. Then you can hear him running behind you just off camera as you get to the door to trigger the opening animation and let out a breath of relief when you're in the silence of the other side. Then you realize you'll have to go through that room to progress in the story, but you only have a certain amount of health and ammo and don't want to waste an ink ribbon to save your game in case you die. That whole experience is what creates the anxiety of fear in that game.

Then the atmosphere of mystery, with the mansion and all the weird puzzles and tunnels, adds to the sense that anything could happen at any time. It's not like every moment is scary or you're pissing your pants the whole time, but that sense of dread at what might come and fear at what you actually find is something that I haven't really experienced so consistently in any other game.

Silent Hill 2 was much scarier to me at first, but once you realize that the vast majority of scare tactics can't actually harm you (it's mostly awesome sound design and creepy locations), it loses most of its ability to create tension. But the sound of Pyramid Head stalking me in the sewers is still the most genuinely terrifying experience I've ever had in a game.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#381 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

bob_newman

That's weird.....

Last month,i lost my 3DS while being very drunk....

:S it had many pictures on the SD card....

...including my gf's.

FUUUUUUUUU-

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 ANIMEguy10034

One of the bathrooms in my school caught on fire, again. :x This time it was in the girl's bathroom.
Standing outside, with shorts (I had gym), in 30°F (-1°C) weather, was not fun. The one from 2 years ago was also during the winter.

I'm betting it was a cigarette in the trashcan. People tend to smoke more during the winter. Makes me sick.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#383 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

OT is sure acting weird tonight.And watch out for any spam posts that may be posted in the next day or so.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 roboccs

OT is sure acting weird tonight.And watch out for any spam posts that may be posted in the next day or so.

super600

Why's that?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 Jaysonguy

I think I need to work on my explaining skills

I'm trying to explain to someone in System Wars (I know that's my mistake) that BluRay and DVD are identical because they're both 8 bit color and that there's already 10 bit panels produced as prototypes and 12 bit are also being looked into and that the format is dead and he's all "windows 3.1" and "256 color" and he just doesn't get it.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

I think I need to work on my explaining skills

I'm trying to explain to someone in System Wars (I know that's my mistake) that BluRay and DVD are identical because they're both 8 bit color and that there's already 10 bit panels produced as prototypes and 12 bit are also being looked into and that the format is dead and he's all "windows 3.1" and "256 color" and he just doesn't get it.

Jaysonguy
I don't get it either. When someone starts getting into the technobabble, I just tend to take their word for it. :P
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 bob_newman

but that sense of dread at what might come and fear at what you actually find is something that I haven't really experienced so consistently in any other game.

JordanElek

I know it's not quite the same but when I played Portal for the first time I had that sense of dread as soon as I found that secret room with the writing everywhere. I was constantly worried that some creepy little dude was going to come out and eat me or something. That sense of fear stayed with me throughout the whole game.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#388 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

roboccs

Why's that?

It involves a bunch of evidence being spammed about a certain user that posts on GS.Check the OT Roll call thread from page 30 to about 45 to more about what happened on OT last night.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 JordanElek

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

but that sense of dread at what might come and fear at what you actually find is something that I haven't really experienced so consistently in any other game.

bob_newman

I know it's not quite the same but when I played Portal for the first time I had that sense of dread as soon as I found that secret room with the writing everywhere. I was constantly worried that some creepy little dude was going to come out and eat me or something. That sense of fear stayed with me throughout the whole game.

I get that feeling whenever I'm in the deep end of a pool. Thanks Jaws.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

JordanElek

I get that feeling whenever I'm in the deep end of a pool. Thanks Jaws.

ME TOO!!!

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 haziqonfire
Dark Souls is hard ... :(.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

Got drunk with a friend yesterday. That night I dreamed I had to infiltrate a ship and recover a scuba diving suit so I could fight The Boss from MGS 3 underwater with slow-mo CQC. I woke up this morning with a headache and a few bruises on my body... WTF!? :shock:

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 WreckEm711

Got drunk with a friend yesterday. That night I dreamed I had to infiltrate a ship and recover a scuba diving suit so I could fight The Boss from MGS 3 underwater with slow-mo CQC. I woke up this morning with a headache and a few bruises on my body... WTF!? :shock:

lancea34
The midget stripper was beating you for not paying her after you passed out, the resulting dream was just trying to make sense of the beating you were taking. :P We all got really drunk last night too haha, it was a really fun night.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 Jaysonguy

Joe Paterno died, so that's sad

The Patriots better win today or this is going to be a really sad day

Of course last time they met the Ravens in the postseason they didn't have all the weapons they do now so we'll see.....

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 WreckEm711

Joe Paterno died, so that's sad

The Patriots better win today or this is going to be a really sad day

Of course last time they met the Ravens in the postseason they didn't have all the weapons they do now so we'll see.....

Jaysonguy
Noooooo. Glad I got to go see a penn state bowl game while he was still coaching, he's an icon. Pats-Ravens is the matchup I've been wanting to see all playoffs, gonna be fun
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

[QUOTE="lancea34"]

WreckEm711

The midget stripper was beating you for not paying her after you passed out, the resulting dream was just trying to make sense of the beating you were taking. :P We all got really drunk last night too haha, it was a really fun night.

What stripper? We went to a pub and not a night club. I think the bruises were because of The Boss herself. :lol:

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 Jaysonguy

PATRIOTS IN THE SUPERBOWL!

Knock knock

Who's there?

PATRIOTS IN THE SUPERBOWL!

PATRIOTS IN THE SUPERBOWL who?

PATRIOTS IN THE SUPERBOWL AND I have a grandmother that went missing a few years back and I think she was ground up and put in my uncle Larry's stuffed crust pizza, smells like Nana

DID YOU JUST #*(#@*( HEAR ME? I SAID THAT MY UNCLE GROUND UP MY *(#@&*#@ GRANDMOTHER AND PUT HER IN HIS #@*(#@&*@# PIZZA DOUGH, STOP CELEBRATING AND CALL THE POLICE YOU SICK BASTARD!

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 haziqonfire
Superbowl soup is pretty good. Though, having Pawtucket Patriot Ale in the soup seems like an odd choice.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 wiifan001

The 49ers used to be winning over the Giants...but then they took a football to the knee.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 JordanElek

I finally got around to playing the RE Revelations demo. The most impressive part is the controls, of all things. The touch screen helps so much with inventory management, and since everything is managed in real time with the touch screen without being able to hit the pause button, it actually adds to the frantic nature of the gameplay. The demo itself doesn't have any really frantic moments, but monsters ambling at you in close quarters usually leads to a sense of panic at some point when you're running low on ammo or have to reload or realize that your current weapon just won't do.

But I'm not really sold on the game. Once reviewers get their hands on the full game and describe the main elements of the game, I should know whether it'll be worth checking out eventually. If it's primarily action without much mystery and weird puzzles, then I don't really want to play it.

It does sell me even more on the WiiU, though. It had never occurred to me that the touch screen could affect the gameplay by forcing the player to do inventory stuff or whatever without being able to pause the game.... It seems so minor, but it could really add to some types of games.