The Off Topic Lounge: End of All Things Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#251 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
?

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]Bull. Crap. It doesn't even surpass Windwaker, alone Ocarina of Time. I'M THE ONE who brought to the Gamespot community. You're welcome. Don't use that card against me. Skyward Sword had no place to be compared to such a superior product we entitle as Ocarina of Time.Haziqonfire

It's not superior though, it's legitimately inferior in every way ... graphics, controls, dungeons, story, etc.

Your opinion is wrong, but I accept that it's your opinion, even if it's wrong.

Skyward Sword doesn't even surpass Twilight Princess. Ocarina of Time still has the better art style. Ocarina of Time still has the better items, and use of items. Ocarina of Time stil has the better dungeons. The better bosses. And yes, the better story. Look at that; Skyward Sword even copies the same camera style as Ocarina of Time minus the wiimote you can use to point around with. And what else? That's right: 13 years and Ocarina of Time shocks the world again. 3 split timelines. You don't have to like the timeline, but there's no denying that the greatest Zelda game of all time shocked the world yet again. Majora's Mask is better than SS. Windwaker is better. Ocarina of Time is better. A Link to the Past is better. Twilight Princess is better
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#252 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Could we say though that in the phrase "Half way done my second year", "second year" is the subject rather than the implied "I am...". In which case the phrase could be shown as "My second year is half way done", where done is a stative adjective?

Not saying that "Half way done my second year" is the best way to say that, but that may account for the missing "with".

_BlueDuck_

I guess.... but every time I've seen someone omit the with, it's in an "I am" phrase, so I think it's safe to assume that, consciously or not, he just skipped the "I am" part of the sentence.

I'm not trying to pick on Alex's grammar here (or Haziq's), but after a year or two of seeing the same weird phrasing show up every once in awhile, I wanted to get to the bottom of it because I had never noticed it before or heard anyone in person say it like that.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 wiifan001

AND I'M NOT DONE YET!!!

The art style of OoT on the N64 is better than the art style of Skyward Sword on the Wii. But of course, you Haz would only pick on Ocarina of Time just to piss me off; we both know it.

Next is those dungeons. Not only does Ocarina of Time have more, but they're better too. The only dungeons in Skyward Sword that can stand on par to the exalted Zelda game are the Airship and the Sky Keep as opposed to the Fire, Water, Forest, Shadow, Spirit Temples and Ganon's Castle.

In Ocarina of Time I'm not wandering around like a moron fetching Kikwis, fetching key pieces just for access to a dungeon, fetching 15 tears without any equipment and forces you to start over if you get hit even once, fetching a propeller, fetching water from a dungeon you already beat, fetching 15 tears a 2nd time, fetching 15 tears a 3rd time, fetching a water basin, fetching notes underwater, fetching 15 tears a FOURTH time!

You use your wrong opinion claims incorrectly, inaccurately and irresponsibly. I'll take a stab and say you've never applied wrong opinion to anyone but so for that I can make that claim. You have no other examples to show for because you target only me! BACK OFF andQuit picking on Ocarina of Time

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#255 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

I'm not trying to pick on Alex's grammar here (or Haziq's), but after a year or two of seeing the same weird phrasing show up every once in awhile, I wanted to get to the bottom of it because I had never noticed it before or heard anyone in person say it like that.JordanElek

I'm not going to say its a Canadian change but it certainly could be a regional change in dialect. I hear it all the time..."Are you done that?" as opposed to "Are you done with that?" I can't say I paid very much attention to it until you mentioned it (repeatedly.) Perhaps its one of those gammatical errors that we hear so often we tune them out. Much like when my mother-in-law uses the term "yous" "What time are yous coming?" It used to really bother me (you has no plural!!) but I've gotten over it...mostly.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#256 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
@WiiFan001 -- tl;dr. I'm done that.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

@WiiFan001 -- tl;dr. I'm done that.Haziqonfire

Oh you!

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 haziqonfire

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]@WiiFan001 -- tl;dr. I'm done that.WreckEm711

Oh you!

Haziq Likes This.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 JordanElek

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]@WiiFan001 -- tl;dr. I'm done that.WreckEm711

Oh you!

AND I'M NOT DONE YET!!! [spoiler] And then I type up a long explanation about how your grammar is wrong and I'm the supreme commander and blah blah blah. I don't have the will power to finish this joke and do it justice. But at least know that I thought of it! :( [/spoiler]

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#260 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

AND I'M NOT DONE YET!!!

The art style of OoT on the N64 is better than the art style of Skyward Sword on the Wii. But of course, you Haz would only pick on Ocarina of Time just to piss me off; we both know it.

Next is those dungeons. Not only does Ocarina of Time have more, but they're better too. The only dungeons in Skyward Sword that can stand on par to the exalted Zelda game are the Airship and the Sky Keep as opposed to the Fire, Water, Forest, Shadow, Spirit Temples and Ganon's Castle.

In Ocarina of Time I'm not wandering around like a moron fetching Kikwis, fetching key pieces just for access to a dungeon, fetching 15 tears without any equipment and forces you to start over if you get hit even once, fetching a propeller, fetching water from a dungeon you already beat, fetching 15 tears a 2nd time, fetching 15 tears a 3rd time, fetching a water basin, fetching notes underwater, fetching 15 tears a FOURTH time!

You use your wrong opinion claims incorrectly, inaccurately and irresponsibly. I'll take a stab and say you've never applied wrong opinion to anyone but so for that I can make that claim. You have no other examples to show for because you target only me! BACK OFF andQuit picking on Ocarina of Time

wiifan001

Ask you something,as a fellow OoT lover?

Do you really think such an old game,which uses an old playstyle,can really be better?

SS is faster,with more smooth gameplay and better pacing.

So ok,the dungeons are small and easy.

But it's super fun.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 haziqonfire

In response to the last couple of posts:

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 wiifan001

AND I'M NOT DONE YET!!! And then I type up a long explanation about how your grammar is wrong and I'm the supreme commander and blah blah blah. I don't have the will power to finish this joke and do it justice. But at least know that I thought of it! :(

JordanElek

Stop making fun of me.
Stop.

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]AND I'M NOT DONE YET!!! And then I type up a long explanation about how your grammar is wrong and I'm the supreme commander and blah blah blah. I don't have the will power to finish this joke and do it justice. But at least know that I thought of it! :(

wiifan001

Stop making fun of me.
Stop.

not gonna lay on or anything, but i will say that you bring it on yourself, with how you act. even in here, which tends to be a more friendly atmosphere. if you want people to act nice to YOU, you have to act nice towards THEM. just some advice...

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 ChikaraShref

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]I'm not trying to pick on Alex's grammar here (or Haziq's), but after a year or two of seeing the same weird phrasing show up every once in awhile, I wanted to get to the bottom of it because I had never noticed it before or heard anyone in person say it like that.DDRMom

I'm not going to say its a Canadian change but it certainly could be a regional change in dialect. I hear it all the time..."Are you done that?" as opposed to "Are you done with that?" I can't say I paid very much attention to it until you mentioned it (repeatedly.) Perhaps its one of those gammatical errors that we hear so often we tune them out. Much like when my mother-in-law uses the term "yous" "What time are yous coming?" It used to really bother me (you has no plural!!) but I've gotten over it...mostly.

i've never heard anyone say "Are you done that?". If i did, i'd probably throw a fork at them. lol.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#266 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]@WiiFan001 -- tl;dr. I'm done that.Haziqonfire

Oh you!

Haziq Likes This.

This made me lol:lol:

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#267 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

I haven't read all the threads on gamespot anymore!

Yay for the blue circle returning!

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
So what's going on in here? *Reads last several posts* Never mind, I don't want to get involved.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 wiifan001

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]AND I'M NOT DONE YET!!! And then I type up a long explanation about how your grammar is wrong and I'm the supreme commander and blah blah blah. I don't have the will power to finish this joke and do it justice. But at least know that I thought of it! :(

ChikaraShref

Stop making fun of me.
Stop.

not gonna lay on or anything, but i will say that you bring it on yourself, with how you act. even in here, which tends to be a more friendly atmosphere. if you want people to act nice to YOU, you have to act nice towards THEM. just some advice...

I DECIDE when I bring something upon myself. NOT YOU.

AnimeGuy called me out, not the other way around. I have done nothing more here than bring upon the point that Ocarina of Time is better than Skyward Sword and thus still the best Zelda game of all time.

I have done nothing wrong here.

But you failed to notice that didn't you? Yes you did.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"]

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]

Stop making fun of me.
Stop.

wiifan001

I DECIDE when I bring it something upon myself. NOT YOU.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 wiifan001
minor typing error stupid pear
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 ChikaraShref

[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"]

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]

Stop making fun of me.
Stop.

wiifan001

AnimeGuy called me out, not the other way around. I have done nothing more here than bring upon the point that Ocarina of Time is better than Skyward Sword and thus still the best Zelda game of all time.

thanks for proving my point.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 wiifan001

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]

[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"] not gonna lay on or anything, but i will say that you bring it on yourself, with how you act. even in here, which tends to be a more friendly atmosphere. if you want people to act nice to YOU, you have to act nice towards THEM. just some advice...

ChikaraShref

YOU called me out. Not the other way around. You proved my point. Not the other way around.
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 ChikaraShref
[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"]

[QUOTE="wiifan001"] I DECIDE when I bring something upon myself. NOT YOU.

wiifan001

YOU called me out. Not the other way around. You proved my point. Not the other way around.

smh. not worth wasting my time.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 haziqonfire

wiifan001

I donno I don't really take people seriously who refer to themselves in third person.

Plus, that's not how it happened at all - you always tout about how everyones opinion is wrong that OoT isn't the best Zelda game. It just comes off as if you're being a pompous *bleep* thats why you get the responses you get. I hope you didn't take any of what I said earlier seriously, because I was obviously just being a sarcastic d***.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 wiifan001

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]I DECIDE when I bring something upon myself. NOT YOU.

Haziqonfire

I donno I don't really take people seriously who refer to themselves in third person.

Plus, that's not how it happened at all - you always tout about how everyones opinion is wrong that OoT isn't the best Zelda game. It just comes off as if you're being a pompous *bleep* thats why you get the responses you get.

Once again, you miss the picture. You refuse to let yourself see it.The last time I referred myself in 3rd person...it hasn't happened in over a year, 2010 with one exception which was upon request. But you wouldn't let yourself notice that though.

Secondly, Ocarina of Time was explicitly called out explicitly towards me. It wasn't some random "Skyward Sword is my new favorite Zelda game ever." No, the greatest game of all time was called out and then targeted directly to me as something as inferior to another Zelda game. Of course I'm going to step in. AnimeGuy, and I'm willing to bet others of you, WANTED to see it. I didn't disappoint. I delivered. You guys wanted me to deliver.

You were a sarcastic d*** because you wanted to see the reaction, as you just admitted. Bottom line is: This is exactly what you wanted. (Now do you see what you've done AnimeGuy?)

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 JordanElek

You were a sarcastic d*** because you wanted to see the reaction, as you just admitted. Bottom line is: This is exactly what you wanted.wiifan001
He did the same thing to me. But I turned it back on you because I HAVE to believe that you don't take yourself as seriously as it seems. As soon as I decided to read your posts in that way, I started enjoying them a lot more. Same thing with Jason. I've gotten so used to both of you that it's kind of .. endearing at this point.

I hate to see people get annoyed with you or Jason in the same way that I hate to see people get annoyed with Wii Motion Plus when they're waggling. I just want to yell YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG at them.

But if I'm wrong and you're always totally serious all the time, then you'll probably be really offended by this and I apologize. But I'm also being transparent in hopes that I can joke around with you without worrying about actually pissing you off.

If I'm correct in my assumptions about you, please respond with a self-indulgent and stern declaration of how wrong I am. :)

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

What have I done?! :cry:

T'is true. I wanted to see your reaction, especially because you treat OoT like it w̶a̶s̶ is the greatest game ever.
Whenever a new Zelda game is released, there's always a debate whether or not it's better than the "greatest game of all time". Many people preferring the newer game was bound to happen, and that's what happened, doesn't matter if the results do not represent every gamer. This is the first time I see thousands of people prefer the latest game over OoT, and I knew you would disagree with those opinions.
I didn't expect it to get this out of control. :P

I already apologized for mocking you, but I can do it again. I'm sorry, wiifan.
It's just...a...um... When it comes to our opinion on which Zelda game is the best, you become an easy target, no offence. Especially now because you seem to be the only one in this lounge to say that OoT is superior to SS in every way...

...which is false because it's definitely not superior in controls, combat, and save system.

I can relate to Jordan's previous post. Wiifan, your posts can be entertaining and unforgettable. If you're always serious about them, then I apologize for not noticing sooner.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 wiifan001

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]You were a sarcastic d*** because you wanted to see the reaction, as you just admitted. Bottom line is: This is exactly what you wanted.JordanElek

He did the same thing to me. But I turned it back on you because I HAVE to believe that you don't take yourself as seriously as it seems. As soon as I decided to read your posts in that way, I started enjoying them a lot more. Same thing with Jason. I've gotten so used to both of you that it's kind of .. endearing at this point.

I hate to see people get annoyed with you or Jason in the same way that I hate to see people get annoyed with Wii Motion Plus when they're waggling. I just want to yell YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG at them.

But if I'm wrong and you're always totally serious all the time, then you'll probably be really offended by this and I apologize. But I'm also being transparent in hopes that I can joke around with you without worrying about actually pissing you off.

If I'm correct in my assumptions about you, please respond with a self-indulgent and stern declaration of how wrong I am. :)

You were applying the same method as from Jaysonguy?

Now that's.............funny

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 wiifan001

What have I done?! :cry:

T'is true. I wanted to see your reaction, especially because you treat OoT like it w̶a̶s̶ is the greatest game ever.
Whenever a new Zelda game is released, there's always a debate whether or not it's better than the "greatest game of all time". Many people preferring the newer game was bound to happen, and that's what happened, doesn't matter if the results do not represent every gamer. This is the first time I see thousands of people prefer the latest game over OoT, and I knew you would disagree with those opinions.
I didn't expect it to get this out of control. :P

I already apologized for mocking you, but I can do it again. I'm sorry, wiifan.
It's just...a...um... When it comes to our opinion on which Zelda game is the best, you become an easy target, no offence. Especially now because you seem to be the only one in this lounge to say that OoT is superior to SS in every way...

...which is false because it's definitely not superior in controls, combat, and save system.

ANIMEguy10034

I never said that. The reason I didn't say that because "every way" would've been *deep breath* a false statement.

When I say Ocarina of Time is still the best Zelda game, I completely mean it. When one has a strong admiration of something and expression of it, and then also being sucked into this category in which the minority that continues to shrivels (with newer generations of gamers and new LoZ titles)...of course I'm an easy target!

I gave Skyward Sword a fair shot. Ridiculous fetch quests, blurred visuals, fewer and not as impressive dungeon designs / boss battles (overall) and the crazy empty skyloft overworld with just 3 lousy themes (forest, volcano, and desert), etc. just didn't do justice to Skyward Sword as the best Legend of Zelda game.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 JordanElek
You were applying the same method as from Jaysonguy?

Now that's.............funny

wiifan001
All I'm saying is that I feel like you've been around long enough and I've gotten to know you well enough that I feel more comfortable joking around with you. ...Obviously I haven't figured out a good way to get you to realize that yet... aside from just saying it outright I guess.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 haziqonfire

So I come home after a long day at the campus excited to download the FFXIII-2 demo. This is how it went.

*Goes to download demo*

YAY!

"This is currently a Xbox Live Gold Exclusive."

D:

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 WreckEm711

Anyone else seen The Walking Dead AMC series? 2 episodes in so far and really enjoying it. Also, the netflix on the 3ds is surprisingly awesome, now it just needs 3D content.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 ANIMEguy10034

Anyone else seen The Walking Dead AMC series? 2 episodes in so far and really enjoying it. Also, the netflix on the 3ds is surprisingly awesome, now it just needs 3D content.

WreckEm711

Yeah, I recently started thanks to Netflix. Great show.

3D Netflix would be amazing. If it doesn't happen, then having the text in 3D will be forever useless.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

ANIMEguy10034

Yeah, I recently started thanks to Netflix. Great show.

3D Netflix would be amazing. If it doesn't happen, then having the text in 3D will be forever useless.

From what I've read they have it planned, but right now the 3D tv/3DS user base is too small for 3d content to be profitable? Hopefully as it gets more mainstream and the 3DS sells more well see some 3D content.
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#288 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
I got Rhythm Heaven on Amazon a little while ago, for $7 total (a little above $3 for the normal price and the shipping & handling separately). So far it's a really fun game. The songs can be kind of frustrating while trying to figure out the timing for the actions you have to do, but once you get the basics of each song down, it's fun to try to pass them.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

So I come home after a long day at the campus excited to download the FFXIII-2 demo. This is how it went.

*Goes to download demo*

YAY!

"This is currently a Xbox Live Gold Exclusive."

D:

I had no clue yesterday that a XIII-2 demo was even being released. I was very excited to see it when I did my weekly Tuesday night perusal of the PS Store. I DL'd it and played it for a minute or two. I'll dig in more later... from my early viewing of the demo, it appears to be the same demo being played at E3 where you're fighting the big hand. I skipped the story cut scene that starts the demo to avoid spoilers. I still need to get through the last chapter of the original FFXIII.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 haziqonfire
I got Rhythm Heaven on Amazon a little while ago, for $7 total (a little above $3 for the normal price and the shipping & handling separately). So far it's a really fun game. The songs can be kind of frustrating while trying to figure out the timing for the actions you have to do, but once you get the basics of each song down, it's fun to try to pass them.Hungry_Homer111
That's a good deal -- I picked up my copy for $9 at Best Buy, I still haven't finished it but I realized I'm pretty bad at rhythm games lol.
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#291 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
Yeah, I'm not really that great at it yet. I've only gotten one medal so far, on the first song. So far I'd say the hardest song for me was Moai Doo Wop (I'm only on the 3rd group of songs). But in this kind of game, practice makes perfect.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 haziqonfire

First Kyoto now this

On behalf of Canada I apologize for our dumbass PM.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I just finished up Bastion today, one of the best games I've played in a long while. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in a new, unique RPG.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 ANIMEguy10034

I'm getting excited.

GameFreak revealed Black and White on February 2010. They sometimes have a 2 year long break before releasing another game (Ruby/Sapphire ---> FireRed/LeafGreen and Diamond/Pearl ---> Platinum) and it's nearly been 2 years since the Japanese release of Black and White...

...so so excited... even though the earliest we could buy the next game is 2013, unless you import it...

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 JordanElek

First Kyoto now this

On behalf of Canada I apologize for our dumbass PM.

Haziqonfire

Easy answer..... get the government out of marriage aside from enforcing it like any other mutual contract. Politicians and activists both make fools of themselves almost any time the subject comes up...

Not sure why you're equating that with the Kyoto treaty though. :lol: That was more important and also a good move.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 WreckEm711

I'm getting excited.

GameFreak revealed Black and White on February 2010. They sometimes have a 2 year long break before releasing another game (Ruby/Sapphire ---> FireRed/LeafGreen and Diamond/Pearl ---> Platinum) and it's nearly been 2 years since the Japanese release of Black and White...

...so so excited... even though the earliest we could buy the next game is 2013, unless you import it...

ANIMEguy10034

Now that the 3DS has dragged me back into handheld gaming, I'm really interested to see where they take the series with the 3DS's improved hardware. I haven't played a pokemon since I owned Blue on my green gameboy color, so would love to see the leap the series has made since then :P

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 roboccs
[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

I'm getting excited.

Now that the 3DS has dragged me back into handheld gaming, I'm really interested to see where they take the series with the 3DS's improved hardware. I haven't played a pokemon since I owned Blue on my green gameboy color, so would love to see the leap the series has made since then :P

I've never been in to Pokemon but from the sounds of it, the series from the GBA to the DS had very minimal changes. I could be wrong, but isn't that series one of the most guilty of releasing new games that are pretty much the same year in and year out other than a few different Pokemon to find?? It sounds like the RPG equivelent to Madden.
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts
I've never been in to Pokemon but from the sounds of it, the series from the GBA to the DS had very minimal changes. I could be wrong, but isn't that series one of the most guilty of releasing new games that are pretty much the same year in and year out other than a few different Pokemon to find?? It sounds like the RPG equivelent to Madden.roboccs
I'd say they've milked the Pokemon series dry. I think, just from watching my son play, that there have been hardly any changes to the pokemon games. Someone can correct us if we're wrong...Jayson? I had time to start SS this week since the kids finally went back to school and I have to say, the first bit really dragged on for me. It might be because of all the cut scenes, I get that they are setting up the story but I only have limited time to play so when I finally turned it on...I wanted to play kwim? I've done a lot of wandering and flying around just to explore the overworld and I am really liking the game so far. I do have a problem with sword thrusting so the big plants have been a tiny bit of a problem but the rest of the controls are seamless. I'm in the Skyview Temple so probably not very far into the game.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 roboccs
[QUOTE="roboccs"]I've never been in to Pokemon but from the sounds of it, the series from the GBA to the DS had very minimal changes. I could be wrong, but isn't that series one of the most guilty of releasing new games that are pretty much the same year in and year out other than a few different Pokemon to find?? It sounds like the RPG equivelent to Madden.DDRMom
I'd say they've milked the Pokemon series dry. I think, just from watching my son play, that there have been hardly any changes to the pokemon games. Someone can correct us if we're wrong...Jayson? I had time to start SS this week since the kids finally went back to school and I have to say, the first bit really dragged on for me. It might be because of all the cut scenes, I get that they are setting up the story but I only have limited time to play so when I finally turned it on...I wanted to play kwim? I've done a lot of wandering and flying around just to explore the overworld and I am really liking the game so far. I do have a problem with sword thrusting so the big plants have been a tiny bit of a problem but the rest of the controls are seamless. I'm in the Skyview Temple so probably not very far into the game.

I am also in the Skyview Temple; I'm almost done with it. I think I've put close to 6 hours into the game so far and I got it a few days after Christmas. Needless to say, I'm in the same boat as you.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 JordanElek

I do have a problem with sword thrusting so the big plants have been a tiny bit of a problem but the rest of the controls are seamless.DDRMom
I had a problem with that at first, too. I think it uses the IR sensor for thrusting, because I got it to work 100% of the time once I started deliberately pointing the remote at the center of the screen while thrusting forward. Or maybe that just helps to align the remote at the right angle for it to be recognized, I don't know, but it works.

I don't think thrusting the sword does anything to the plants, though. You can either shield bash them for an easy kill or swipe their mouths in half at the joints.