The DS Recommendation Thread---What Game Should I Get? 56K. v2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hiteckk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1301 hiteckk
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i need RPG or something(long gameplay), it have to be one of the best game because i just bought DSi. hmm..Pokemon B/W? any suggestions?
illharmonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1302 illharmonics
Member since 2005 • 5470 Posts
i need RPG or something(long gameplay), it have to be one of the best game because i just bought DSi. hmm..Pokemon B/W? any suggestions?hiteckk
Pokemon B/W wouldn't be a bad choice, but it's not out, obviously. Another option would be Dragon Quest IX.
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1303 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

^ Mario & Luigi: Bowser's inside Story is a great RPG choice. It is a short game when compared to other RPGs (20-25hrs roughly)

Icare0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1304 Icare0
Member since 2009 • 409 Posts

i need RPG or something(long gameplay), it have to be one of the best game because i just bought DSi. hmm..Pokemon B/W? any suggestions?hiteckk

TWEWY and Chrono Trigger (if you can find it). M&L: Bowser Inside isn't bad, but is rather short however. Any Pokemon game isn't a bad choice either.

lolz_333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1305 lolz_333
hey guys, i need some help, i have a DSi and i want to trade it in for a 3DS, how much would it be??????????????????????? as in how much more would i have to pay??? plz help, i have to strt savign up. thnx alot!!!!!!!!!!!
nutnarukex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1306 nutnarukex
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Is there any Virtual or simulation game that let's you to be a shopkeeper or chef or something like these [ managing style not like cooking mama ] I found a game call cookie shop .. it was good but not that great [ nothing much to do in this game ] can anyone recomment these kind of management game
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1307 Calvin079

hey guys,I need some help.I have a DSi andI want to trade it in for a 3DS, how much would it be; as in how much more would i have to pay?Please help becasue I have tostart savingup. thanks a lot!lolz_333
You'd be better off phoning the nearest Gamestop or EB Games to find that out. But I'm hearing rumors of $50-$100 off a 3DS purchase if you trade in a DSi. But don't quote me on that. Again, phone the nearest Gamestop to find out for sure.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1308 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4267 Posts

What is your most recommended soccer game and why? I need a good soccer game!

ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1309 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts
I am looking for some turn based RPGs that feature a class system similar to Golden Sun. No Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest. Any suggestions?
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#1310 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I want to get Radiant Historia, Okamiden and Pokemon black or white. Which should I get first? I like RPG's, but also loved Okami. Also, I've been a fan of Pokemon for a long time.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1311 Calvin079

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. Great RPG.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1312 Calvin079

Is there any Virtual or simulation game that let's you to be a shopkeeper or chef or something like these [ managing style not like cooking mama ] I found a game call cookie shop .. it was good but not that great [ nothing much to do in this game ] can anyone recomment these kind of management game nutnarukex
On DSiWare (if you have a DSi or DSi XL) there is a game called "my little restraunt" I think you manage your own eating establishemnt, but I'm not exactly sure.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1313 turtlethetaffer

Any of the Pokemon games, Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy IV... all good games.

The Pokemon games are endless (or, at least take a very, very, very long time to beat.)

DQIX took me about 50 hours to complete, but there is a ton of post game content. The game is a dream for anyone who loves character customization in RPG's.

Final Fantasy IV is more story driven than the above 2 games, and it has more old school gameplay. ie, random encounters. Took me around 80 hours to complete, because of grinding and taking my time.

Hope this helped.

lovingRPGs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1314 lovingRPGs
Is it worth buying Pokemon Black and White if I have Heartgold please? Is Black white just more of the same? Is the latest always the best I wonder.
kerk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1315 kerk12
Member since 2010 • 1580 Posts
Guys, I want to decide on which one should I get: Pokemon Black or White? Can anyone help me oon deciding?
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1316 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

[QUOTE="hiteckk"]i need RPG or something(long gameplay), it have to be one of the best game because i just bought DSi. hmm..Pokemon B/W? any suggestions?Icare0

TWEWY and Chrono Trigger (if you can find it). M&L: Bowser Inside isn't bad, but is rather short however. Any Pokemon game isn't a bad choice either.

They had mass amount of Chrono Trigger at walmart I got it for 19.99 awhile back. I saw it at Target just the other day for 14.99 mark down price.
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1317 Calvin079

Is it worth buying Pokemon Black and White if I have Heartgold please? Is Black white just more of the same? Is the latest always the best I wonder.lovingRPGs
There is no difference except graphics, new creatures and a new reigon. Basically its more of the same. I wouldn't recommend it if you've had enough of it.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1318 Calvin079

Guys, I want to decide on which one should I get: Pokemon Black or White? Can anyone help me oon deciding?kerk12
Its up to you. There will be no difference except for a legendary, certain creatures found in a certain version and a extrea forest or an extra city; depending on which one you get. (White Forest or Black City)

Backlash24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1319 Backlash24
Member since 2010 • 3674 Posts

[QUOTE="lovingRPGs"]Is it worth buying Pokemon Black and White if I have Heartgold please? Is Black white just more of the same? Is the latest always the best I wonder.Calvin079

There is no difference except graphics, new creatures and a new reigon. Basically its more of the same. I wouldn't recommend it if you've had enough of it.

I also feel the ability to re-use TMs is a major difference to note :)
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1320 Calvin079

Its a minor change. The main formula hasn't had anychanges; meaning its a rehash with some minor tweaks like the TMs and a few online additions and 2-3 triple battles in game. Oh and graphics and more creatures.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1321 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

I suggest that you guys give Wario The Master of Disguise a chance. I don't know why it'd get so many bad receptions.

Chimney13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1322 Chimney13
i see i posted my game message in the wrong place and should have been in here: DS games for girls-- is my world my way a bad game? dating games are also cool.. even though i'm not mad on animals. will i still enjoy animal crossing? delectabledoz
I haven't played 'My World My Way' yet, but if you are looking for a dating game try 'Princess Debut'. It's a rhythm game and you have the opportunity to try and gain the affection of the boys and pick one of them to be your final dance partner at the palace ball. Instead of 'Animal Crossing' maybe go for a game like 'Harvest Moon'? It's an RPG in which you farm, but there is also the goal to get married and have a child, which goes with the dating aspect you are looking for. There are plenty of 'Harvest Moon' games now in which you can have a female lead character - the ones for the DS are: 'DS Cute', ' Grand Bazaar', 'Island of Happiness', and 'Sunshine Island'.
Jbller3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1323 Jbller3
Member since 2009 • 824 Posts

Which combination should I get?

Pokemon Black and Pokemon White

or

Pokemon Black/White (not sure) and Pokemon Heart Gold

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1324 turtlethetaffer

Which combination should I get?

Pokemon Black and Pokemon White

or

Pokemon Black/White (not sure) and Pokemon Heart Gold

Jbller3

Pokemon Black/ white and Heartgold. That way you get 2 different games with great gameplay!!! And access to more Pokemon.

limonman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1325 limonman32
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts

I have a choice between Pokemon Black/White or Radiant Historia. Which do you recommend.

Kurezan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1326 Kurezan
Member since 2008 • 1850 Posts

I have a choice between Pokemon Black/White or Radiant Historia. Which do you recommend.

limonman32
Well personally, I have only played Pokemon. But it is certainly a great experience and I love it a lot.
Chimney13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1327 Chimney13

limonman32

I haven't play Black or White yet, but I loved Radiant Historia it took me about 38 hours to complete. The battle system was easy to get into and the going back and forth between two different timelines and their past and present was interesting though sometimes it could get a bit repitive.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1329 Calvin079

limonman32

Radiant Historia

Avatar image for Frankenstrat247
Frankenstrat247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#1330 Frankenstrat247
Member since 2008 • 324 Posts

I'm sure it's been said before but GTA Chinatown wars might give the most bang for your buck out of any ds title I've played yet.

Bleach: The Blade of Fate is a pretty good game as well.

BourneEnemy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1331 BourneEnemy01
Member since 2009 • 705 Posts

recommend me a good platformer besides nsmb

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1332 turtlethetaffer

recommend me a good platformer besides nsmb

BourneEnemy01

The Kirby games for DS are very good, as well as Super Mario 64 DS. Also, the Castlevania titles are all excellent.

Also: I am interested in both Radiant Historia and Okamiden. I loved Okami, and can't wait to play okamiden. However, I've also enjoyed Atlus games in the past (Knights in the Nightmare is one of my favorite games ever.) and I'm really interested in it as well. Which should I get?

Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1333 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
I like Spirit Tracks a lot, should I get Phantom Hourglass? I have heard good and bad about it, what other Zelda game would you compare it to?
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1334 turtlethetaffer

I like Spirit Tracks a lot, should I get Phantom Hourglass? I have heard good and bad about it, what other Zelda game would you compare it to? Second_Rook

It's most similar to ST, although there are many flaws wiith it. The game has a central dungeon called Temple of the Ocean King that is, simply put, broken. Each time you revisit it (after each dungeon) you must replay through everything you already played. Aditionally, there are nowhere near as many sidequests as in ST, and the sailing is very boring, because there are like 10 or 11 locations in the whole game. On the plus side, the dungeons are well designed, there are some great puzzles, and the boss fights are very, very fun. I'd say get it if you don't have a problem with the broken central dungeon, or lack of things to do after you beat the game.

BTW, I'm a huge Zelda fan, and i was disappointed with PH.

Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1335 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
Thanks for the informative post. It sounds like it has potential, but man I got so sick of sailing in WW... and there were actually things to be discovered! The idea of replaying a dungeon several times is absurd. I think for the time being I'll hold off and try to get a copy of Minish Cap. I think that's the GBA one?
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1336 Calvin079

^ yep it is.

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1337 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

I'm thinking of getting Broken Sword on the DS, my preferred platform. It's a little pricey on Amazon though and I'm not sure if I should purchase it. I hear it has a great story but when it comes to games that have multiple versions, I'm really hesitant to get any of them. I prefer portability hence my inclination to play the DS version, but... well should I? Shouldn't I?

I like a lot of text-based adventures, but not ones that cost $25 unless they're exceptionally long...

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1338 turtlethetaffer

Thanks for the informative post. It sounds like it has potential, but man I got so sick of sailing in WW... and there were actually things to be discovered! The idea of replaying a dungeon several times is absurd. I think for the time being I'll hold off and try to get a copy of Minish Cap. I think that's the GBA one? Second_Rook

Like I said, the other dungeons are very fun, as well as the bosses. Basically anything that doesn't involve sailing or the main temple is fun. However, Minish Cap is better, so I'd choose that.

Icare0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1339 Icare0
Member since 2009 • 409 Posts

I'm thinking of getting Broken Sword on the DS, my preferred platform. It's a little pricey on Amazon though and I'm not sure if I should purchase it. I hear it has a great story but when it comes to games that have multiple versions, I'm really hesitant to get any of them. I prefer portability hence my inclination to play the DS version, but... well should I? Shouldn't I?

I like a lot of text-based adventures, but not ones that cost $25 unless they're exceptionally long...

thattotally

It isn't exceptionally long. And the graphics are a little dated, but the gameplay is as good as an point'n'click adventure game can get. The plot isn't the second coming of Christ, but it isn't terrible either. It's a pretty average game, for today's standards.

There are better adventure games on the DS.

MATheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1340 MATheKing
Member since 2010 • 225 Posts

[QUOTE="thattotally"]

Icare0

It isn't exceptionally long. And the graphics are a little dated, but the gameplay is as good as an point'n'click adventure game can get. The plot isn't the second coming of Christ, but it isn't terrible either. It's a pretty average game, for today's standards.

There are better adventure games on the DS.

Could you recommend me some adventure games please? thanks.

sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1341 sinsalaca
Member since 2005 • 1070 Posts

So I am picking up Pilotwings and really want to pick up a action game to go along iwth the 3DS instead of one fo the racing games or SFIV. My problem is trying to decide what to spend the money on. I don't want Ghost Recon because I am not a fan or RTS type games. So that leaves the following

Lego Star Wars III - basically a port of the DS version with only 10 missions. Have heard they each last 1/2 hr each, but there is no way to save in during them. Not exactly a good pickup n play option

Rayman 3D - have heard that it is a remake of Rayman 2 for dreamcast, but not really updated. I never played it as I passed on the Dreamcast. I did play the first Rayman on Playstation and loved it.

Samurai Warriors - pretty much the same as all the other SW games, but will fill the hack-n-slash itch.

Do I go with one of them or just bite the bullet and get SFIV or Ridge Racer

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1342 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I have a pretty much generic question.

What 3DS game shall I get?

I'm currently interested in Rayman 3D. Mainly because I love 3D platformers and I have never played Rayman 2 (any of them). But i have enjoyed other Raymans in the past.

I like the look of Pilot Wings Resort, but I have played the hell out of Wii Sports Resort (air sports) and so it seems like a waste to buy this game when I've already explored Wuhu Island on my Wii.

Steel Diver looks cool, but looks like I should only rent it.

Are there any other decent launch games? Is Splinter Cell decent? What about Shadow Wars?

I used to love Street Fighter 1 and 2. But that is all from the Street Fighter series. I'll be considering SSF4 but I'm not sure as I'm not that big a fan of fighters,

Basically, what are the best quality games of the launch titles, and should my purchase simply be Rayman 3D?

Thrawn3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1343 Thrawn3d
Member since 2010 • 81 Posts

I have a pretty much generic question.

What 3DS game shall I get?

I'm currently interested in Rayman 3D. Mainly because I love 3D platformers and I have never played Rayman 2 (any of them). But i have enjoyed other Raymans in the past.

I like the look of Pilot Wings Resort, but I have played the hell out of Wii Sports Resort (air sports) and so it seems like a waste to buy this game when I've already explored Wuhu Island on my Wii.

Steel Diver looks cool, but looks like I should only rent it.

Are there any other decent launch games? Is Splinter Cell decent? What about Shadow Wars?

I used to love Street Fighter 1 and 2. But that is all from the Street Fighter series. I'll be considering SSF4 but I'm not sure as I'm not that big a fan of fighters,

Basically, what are the best quality games of the launch titles, and should my purchase simply be Rayman 3D?

trugs26

Rayman 2 is an awesome platformer so if you never played the original then I definitely think 3d is a must buy. Shadow Wars is really generating a lot of buzz, if you like strategy games then I would definitely pick it up. To me since Ive already played a lot of Rayman 2 and SF on other systems Shadow Wars seems like the only must buy launch game.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1344 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

How's Shadow Wars? Is it as good as Fire Emblem or Advance Wars?

kirkonacid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1345 kirkonacid
Member since 2010 • 486 Posts

I pre-ordered my 3DS from bestbuy.com along with a case and SSF IV. Well I've gotten the case and system, but no game. It is a bummer so I've been trying to figure out what game to purchase in the mean time.

I've picked up Lego Star Wars III. It's my first foray into the Lego games and it is enjoyable, but mindnumbingly easy.

Then I tried The Sims 3. I am deeply regretting that. So much so that I am taking the monetary hit and trading it in at Gamestop tomorrow.

My question is what to try next. I don't want to make another mistake, as I can't really afford to. I'm thinking either Shadow Wars or one of the racing games. What are your opinons of them so far?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1346 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I pre-ordered my 3DS from bestbuy.com along with a case and SSF IV. Well I've gotten the case and system, but no game. It is a bummer so I've been trying to figure out what game to purchase in the mean time.

I've picked up Lego Star Wars III. It's my first foray into the Lego games and it is enjoyable, but mindnumbingly easy.

Then I tried The Sims 3. I am deeply regretting that. So much so that I am taking the monetary hit and trading it in at Gamestop tomorrow.

My question is what to try next. I don't want to make another mistake, as I can't really afford to. I'm thinking either Shadow Wars or one of the racing games. What are your opinons of them so far?

kirkonacid

I must suggest taking back Sims 3 immediately as Gamestop usually have a 7 day rule where you get a full refund.

The only game I have is Ridge Racer 3D. It's ok, nothing special, but then again I'm not really into racers (it was a preorder bundle so I had no choice but to get it). I'm looking at Street Fighter 4 and Rayman 2 at the moment. I think SSF4 is regarded as one of the better quality games (it has online etc.) and Rayman seems good if you've never played it before.

gabgabgab39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1347 gabgabgab39
Member since 2009 • 315 Posts

MUST HAVE 3DS LAUNCH GAMES:

Super Street fighter IV

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D

NOT QUITE MUST HAVE BUT STILL GOOD 3DS LAUNCH GAMES:

Tom clancys Ghost Recon Shadow wars

Pilotwings resort

ridge racer 3D

NeoJ4K3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1348 NeoJ4K3
Member since 2005 • 282 Posts

Hello, I recently got my new 3ds (cosmo black) and a copy of Pilotwings (i stood in front of the games for about an hour and a half deciding lol) and now i am in the market for a second game. The problem is, i don't want to rely on the corporate reviews of the games as they seem quite low for some of the titles i want. My list that i am deciding on for my second game are:

Steel Diver (just looks fun to me for some reason)

Bust-A-move Universe

Ridge Racer 3d

TC: Rainbow Six Shadow wars

Or last but not least SSFIV 3d

I Know that SSFIV is going to be a good game but i do own it on the 360, so its liek having two of the same game. Steel diver looks like a hoot for some reason, not sure why i am so interested in it, but it does have quite sub-par reviews

Bust-a-move has always been fun to me, but not sure if 30 bucks is an appropriate price tag for the small amount of content

Ridge Racer, i haven't played one of those since like the playstation 1 so i have no idea what to expect

And Rainbow six just looks like advance wars and valkyria chronicles had a baby (and it looks awesome)

I w ant to hear your opinions on these games and help me narrow down my search for my second game. I only would like to hear from people who actually own the abouve titles or at the very least played it extensively enough to give me some advice.

Thank you

sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1349 sinsalaca
Member since 2005 • 1070 Posts

I am looking to purchase another game for my 3DS and need some opinions

Currently I own Pilotwings, Leog Star Wars and SSFIV. I am debating between several games

Rayman 3D - I know it is a port and I vaguely remember playign the version that came out for Playstation a little. So itwouldessential be a new experience for me.

Samurai Warrior Chronicles - Never played any of the SW or DW series games, but also looking for a good hack-n-slash game. Have heard mixes views about the game though

Ridge Racer - haven't played a RR game since my PS2 days and it looks like the best racing game out there for the 3DS right now

Shadow Wars - am leary of the game because I am not a big RTS fan (yes I know it's turn based, but essential it is still an RTS). So I am thinking this might not be a good game to start off with

I am also open to views on the other games that are out for the system, but think I will probably go for one of these games. Just not sure.

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1350 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

Hey. I finally have a DS and after playing Pokemon, realise how fun an RPG on the go can be.

I just wanted to see if someone could list me DS RPGs. With a 7 year library, its a little hard. Review scores are irrelevant and no Atlus games unfourtunatley, seeing as they dont release here (Shin Megami Tensei etc.).

Thanks in advance