Splatoon multiplayer maps- only 2 available every 4 hours

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Lord_Magikarp
Member since 2015 • 374 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@jcrame10 said:

@trugs26: exactly. The game will create a lobby with 8 people, and then find a map. All games do this. However, most games will allow voting and all games have more than the same 2 maps available at all times that will randomly pop up to be chosen. What kbfloyd said is just more fanboy damage control.

It's funny how ignorant these fanboys are- almost as ignorant as nintendo is to online gaming. They compare everything to COD because it's like the only game they've heard of. But they hate it so much lol.

Anyhoo, in last of us multiplayer (in my opinion, the best multiplayer available on console right now), there's about 14 maps total and once the lobby is set, it'll give the players 2 of the 14 maps at random to vote on. So what I've been saying this entire time is, if there's 5 maps total in Splatoon, then all 5 should randomly be in rotation at all times.

now you just sound like you got a vendetta against the game....hmmm dont know why.

He has a valid point though...

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@lord_magikarp: dont even bother.

Have you tried the rank battles? What do you think? I'm not feeling it so far.

Ranked battle encourages camping and it's ridiculous you can't party up with friends, or at least voice chat with the randoms you're playing with. Not being able to change your loadout during the match is bad too (good luck if you get stuck with 3 chargers or 3 rollers, nice matchmaking nintendo) and I don't like how the wins and losses are solely based on the team winning. No kills, no deaths, no assists, no hold time for splat zone, no covering other teams ink, ranking is purely based on W/L of the team, not individual.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#103  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@jcrame10: Yeah, Nintendo is joining Blizzard and calling it Team Battle, thank the Gods its not like them, " Ill carry the whole team" senseless shooters. Thats the major problem with Dota and LoL and others, they are not team focused. You dont even need much coordination, even if your team sucks you can still win the whole match and make fun of them for sucking.

Also, some advice for the future, you should create a signature and put all your Splatoon hate in it, that way you dont sound like a broken record every time you post. Also im sure you will be happy to know that Nintendo games hold their value better than any other software known to mankind, i bet you could trade in Splatoon for a nice little sum. Not all games are for everyone, and it seems Splatoon is not for you. Have no fear, i hear CoD is epic. It aint number one selling game on PS4 and Xbox One for nothing.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 jcrame10

@iandizion713: i dont play call of duty or any first person shooters. i dont like them. your nintendo fanboy CoD insults sound like a broken record.

once again, i've offered valid criticisms and you cant take it. i must hate splatoon because of valid critisms. ok.

Nintendo software does have longevity, but so do games like Last of Us (as I said, my favorite MP that I play daily), Counterstrike, Halo, Forza, Counterstrike, Timesplitters, Socom, Ratchet & Clank, Kingdom Hearts and many others.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By iandizion713

@jcrame10: And i offered advice, but forgive me if you dont like shooters, CoD is biggest game on PS4 and Xbox One, its also the biggest shooter, so i just assumed. Counterstrike and Halo are some awesome shooters, i would recommend some more but since you dont play any first person shooters there is no need.

We appreciate your criticism, trust me, its all over the web, its the only thing people can complain about. Cant party with friends ( its coming ) weve been hearing this since they announced it, no voice chat, yeah, been hearing this for 4 months straight. The being unbalanced for allowing 3 rollers to team up? A lot of shooters allow teams to be completely unbalanced with 4 vs 1, or 3 vs 1. So you want to be able to change weapons in the lobby, then i bet you will complain how people take too long to select weapons and they should be ready when they enter the lobby. These games are quick, like 3 minutes, having a 3 minute wait for dudes selecting weapons for 3 minute matches doesnt make much sense, ( but who cares, Nintendo be DUMB as fack ), just like 90% other online shooters, what can you do. Again, having a game based on one person skills is kinda silly, whats the purpose of playing on a team if you just want to be counted as solo, why no go play by yourself? Totally defeats the reason for team battle. Is the game based on luck? No, its based on team skill isnt it? Who would have thought, a company designing a game on team skill instead of individual skill. Who do they think they are!

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By jcrame10

@iandizion713: it's called individual reward through team winning. Because it makes no sense for one person to carry a team of people who have no idea what they are doing and get the same reward- you could suck but if you end up in 10 matches in a row with a good team who carries you, your rank may end up being a high B or A, which wouldn't reflect your individual skill level at all. Biased rank system is biased.

I don't think you understand the loadout thing. You pick new loadouts while waiting to respawn if you want. The timer would count down at the beginning regardless of whether you are ready or not, and the match starts the same as always. That's how last of us does it

Edit: I do like shooters, just more tactical ones. I don't really like fps games cuz they generally don't fall Into that category (I am making an exception for rainbow six siege tho- looks amazing). Also pumped for uncharted 4 and the division, providing ubisoft doesn't **** this one up.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By iandizion713

@jcrame10: Yeah, i havnt done that in a FPS yet, closest thing ive done to that is MOBA's, you choose your play style as you play on the map and gain exp. I havnt played Splatoon yet, but i hear you get exp for different stuff, so player with more skill should still level faster then those with less skill. As days pass the game then becomes more balanced in matchmaking.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 jcrame10

@iandizion713: you get points for covering the ground. You also get a little from killing enemies- when they explode, they cover the ground with your paint color

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9729 Posts

Zapper 85 and Port Mackerel DLC tour

http://gonintendo.com/stories/234798-splatoon-zapper-85-and-port-mackerel-map-dlc-tour

Loading Video...

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 jcrame10

@GameboyTroy:

port mackerel = best map

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Sgt_Crow said:
@Solaryellow said:

Very little content and having the game slow down when walking through a hub are small nitpicks? Cut scenes looking barely a step up over the Wii is small? I'm not concerned with COD as I've never owner nor played one rendition of the series. A $59.99 "second coming of Christ" i.p. is the topic of discussion.

Which cutscenes...? The game doesn't like as good as other Nintendo Wii U games technically, but it doesn't like that bad either.

Some parts actually stick out as quite beautiful because of the unique artstyle.

I think the word you were looking for was "look." Sometimes I get the feeling of it being a bit W101-like. While it isn't bad, I don't find it comparable to some of the higher echelon games.

Have you played the game? If you have I am wondering how you haven't seen the cut scenes looking sub-par. Take notice of when you start the game and the two chicks go through their schmiel. Also, make yourself aware of the merchants peddling their goods.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Lord_Magikarp

@iandizion713 said:

@jcrame10: And i offered advice, but forgive me if you dont like shooters, CoD is biggest game on PS4 and Xbox One, its also the biggest shooter, so i just assumed. Counterstrike and Halo are some awesome shooters, i would recommend some more but since you dont play any first person shooters there is no need.

We appreciate your criticism, trust me, its all over the web, its the only thing people can complain about. Cant party with friends ( its coming ) weve been hearing this since they announced it, no voice chat, yeah, been hearing this for 4 months straight. The being unbalanced for allowing 3 rollers to team up? A lot of shooters allow teams to be completely unbalanced with 4 vs 1, or 3 vs 1. So you want to be able to change weapons in the lobby, then i bet you will complain how people take too long to select weapons and they should be ready when they enter the lobby. These games are quick, like 3 minutes, having a 3 minute wait for dudes selecting weapons for 3 minute matches doesnt make much sense, ( but who cares, Nintendo be DUMB as fack ), just like 90% other online shooters, what can you do. Again, having a game based on one person skills is kinda silly, whats the purpose of playing on a team if you just want to be counted as solo, why no go play by yourself? Totally defeats the reason for team battle. Is the game based on luck? No, its based on team skill isnt it? Who would have thought, a company designing a game on team skill instead of individual skill. Who do they think they are!

There are lots of these little things that take away from the game like no voice chat and not being able to switch classes mid game and not being able to customize special moves to a certain weapon and the limited number of maps and the bad pairing in matchmaking and the ability to spawn camp a team and the terrible internet connections between games and a bunch of other things, but a good game otherwise...

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 iandizion713

@lord_magikarp: Almost every single game known to man has minor issues with their games. We all want everything, i remeber when people wanted GTAIV to have airplanes, or they wanted to rob banks, or have turf wars. That doesnt mean GTAIV sucked cause it was missing so much that was expected, its just means it didnt have it. Bout all online games have bad internet connections, Madden sucks with online, Fifa online sucks, Battlefield, NBA2k, MLB The Show online sucks, WWE Online games suck, GTA online sucks, If im not mistaken isnt CoD the only online console game that doesnt have lag issues?

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Lord_Magikarp

@iandizion713 said:

@lord_magikarp: Almost every single game known to man has minor issues with their games. We all want everything, i remeber when people wanted GTAIV to have airplanes, or they wanted to rob banks, or have turf wars. That doesnt mean GTAIV sucked cause it was missing so much that was expected, its just means it didnt have it. Bout all online games have bad internet connections, Madden sucks with online, Fifa online sucks, Battlefield, NBA2k, MLB The Show online sucks, WWE Online games suck, GTA online sucks, If im not mistaken isnt CoD the only online console game that doesnt have lag issues?

pls you know and I know these are core issues with the game that could have easily been improved, Nintendo is just being lazy. Dont try to defend it, its ok there will be other games on wii u that will be good

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By iandizion713

@lord_magikarp: They are very serious issues. Please help support the addition of voice chat to Splatoon by signing the petition on change.org.

Full Voice Chat

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-add-online-voice-chat-to-splatoon

or

Team Voice Chat

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-add-voice-chat-with-people-you-are-paired-with-on-your-team-in-the-game-splatoon

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Lord_Magikarp

@iandizion713 said:

@lord_magikarp: They are very serious issues. Please help support the addition of voice chat to Splatoon by signing the petition on change.org.

Full Voice Chat

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-add-online-voice-chat-to-splatoon

or

Team Voice Chat

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-add-voice-chat-with-people-you-are-paired-with-on-your-team-in-the-game-splatoon

like those petitions do anything, enough people signed a petition for the US to build a death star... The real problem is people who think a lot of these issues are fine because nintendo can do no wrong, but in the real world nintendo does make some pretty good games and some bad one now and then like splatoon. Make a change with your wallet and dont buy splatoon until these issues are fixed

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 iandizion713

@lord_magikarp: I dont think Nintendo can be perfect, but i think they try their best. Im very impressed by how Nintendo has handled Splatoon. They matched the hype, did they predict this hype? Im not sure, but im curious to see what you would rate Splatoon using a 1-10 scale. Most i have heard from have bout all said the same, this game is great and would be epic if had more content.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Lord_Magikarp

@iandizion713 said:

@lord_magikarp: I dont think Nintendo can be perfect, but i think they try their best. Im very impressed by how Nintendo has handled Splatoon. They matched the hype, did they predict this hype? Im not sure, but im curious to see what you would rate Splatoon using a 1-10 scale. Most i have heard from have bout all said the same, this game is great and would be epic if had more content.

pros

-unique gameplay

-transitions between squid and person are cool

-minigame while waiting is cool i guess

-fun core gameplay

-give the option to not use gyro controls

cons

-little strategy when there is no communication (more akin to call of duty than a strategic shooter)

-matchmaking pair players with higher levels

-maps dont feel unique

-little amount of maps

-annoying and uncreative characters and designs for npcs

-customization feels limited

-range on guns is hard to judge

-gyro controls suck

-story mode is more of a challenge mode if anything

-map on the gamepad is aweful because it is where you judge to go next and I usually am looking at the screen not the gamepad

-hub is boring

-cant switch weapons mid game (#paintrollerteam) ( or even in the lobby)

-weapons and special moves have 1 to 1 pairing

-weapons are very similar in their classes

->>internet connections are bad<<

I feel like this game could have been better, especially with some sort of communication. Maybe we could get new strategy like maybe two people stay back and guard to make more people weary of your ink. There really are just a lot of very little details Nintendo is missing that many other online shooters would have making it feel like a child friendly call of duty where people are spawn camping and spamming nades. The world isnt interesting and the customization feels subpar at best. At the core though the gameplay is fun, but it always feels like it could be more. I was constantly being kicked out of matches due to internet as well...

final score: 5/10, still better than destiny

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#119 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

game is great. lord magicrap...jblowme...are on some crack.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Lord_Magikarp

@KBFloYd said:

game is great. lord magicrap...jblowme...are on some crack.

if by crack you mean an opinion that identifies the short comings of a game then yes. Cant refute a point so has to sink low to name calling and baseless claims, kudos to you sir

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 iandizion713

@lord_magikarp:This game is just not for you mate, most your cons can not be fixed.

-little strategy when there is no communication (more akin to call of duty than a strategic shooter) - Not sure how much more strategy you want, you just paint the ground dont you?

-matchmaking pair players with higher levels - Nintendo can probably fix this with patches if it becomes a serious problem.

-maps dont feel unique - Im not sure, i heard some same maps are unique feeling. But guess it all depends. Maybe new maps will help.

-little amount of maps - yeah, seems others want more maps, Nintendo can fix this easy as they plan on releasing more maps. Also important to note, Nintendo announced this before game was released, they didnt try to hide the facts.

-annoying and uncreative characters and designs for npcs - Nintendo can fix the annoying part if your talking about the Squid Sisters, ive heard some complain. Nintendo cant fix the other, it is what it is, yous a squid.

-customization feels limited - Nintendo is adding items, but maybe you were talking about hairstyles, tattoos, facial features, piercings? Maybe Nintendo can add a few customizations at a later date.

-range on guns is hard to judge - maybe it gets better with repetition?

-gyro controls suck - darn, most seem to enjoy them. Since you enjoy the gameplay, im guessing you enjoy the dual sticks, keeping it old school i dare say?

-story mode is more of a challenge mode if anything - If the mode prepares you for online and is very fun, then i think it serves its purpose.

-map on the gamepad is aweful because it is where you judge to go next and I usually am looking at the screen not the gamepad - I can see how this would be an issue for some. Is there a way to see where to go from just memory alone, like you dont even need map unless its an emergency, do you use gamepad to respawn, maybe this is good time to look at map. Im not sure on that one.

-hub is boring - darn you freaking hub! It looks fun.

-cant switch weapons mid game (#paintrollerteam) ( or even in the lobby) - yes, the big one, this seems to be the new hot topic, cant switch weapons mid battle. I like this, if you aloud people to switch weapons you would just have a bunch of hybrid Splatoons running around swapping weapons every 5 secs. Maybe this will get better when Team Battle thing comes and people can strategize a little more.

-weapons and special moves have 1 to 1 pairing - I dont know much about the moves and weapons.

-weapons are very similar in their classes - havnt seen much of the weapons except the sniper one, roller one, machine gun one, and then a higher ink efficiency one of something.

->>internet connections are bad<<

People have bad internet connections, what can you do.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

So after playing the game, I've gathered some thoughts.

Firstly, obviously Nintendo has made a design and marketing choice on how the game is setup.

This game requires 8 people to play. No less. Ideally everyone in a match is also in the same region to minimise lag. The marketing aspect (i.e releasing a new map+other content every 2 weeks) is to keep the hype going and keep people coming back to the game. They've obviously finished most maps (i.e they didn't rush and release an unfinished product) since they have at least 3 of the upcoming multi player maps PLAYABLE in the single player campaign.

Secondly, the design choice of limiting to 2 maps and being stuck with a load-out. I think this is a design choice because it's easily implementable to "fix" this. They have a reason why they didn't, rather than being "dumb" and made an oversight. They even created NPC announcers who host a show and announce the two maps available in each mode. They're obviously making an event of it. I think what they're doing here is telling you the current maps available, and so you should carefully choose a load-out based on the two map and the mode (turf war or splat zones) you're going to play. This adds a risk/reward component to the game.

These choices are at least interesting and different, and I give Nintendo credit for trying it out. Whether they patch it out later due to public reception is up for debate, but overall, I'm glad they're trying this.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Lord_Magikarp

@iandizion713: using a lot of "i heard" there, have you played the game for my own curiosity (and I'm not counting testfire). And excuse me for not wanting to flail around with subpar accuracy all game with gyro controls... Another thing is to get better servers for better internet, the matchmaking pairs you around the world and the connections are awful... This could also have had some cool strategic ideas, but without communication it is literally call of duty spawning and re spawning, trying to get to the enemy spawn so you can camp. Matches never feel earned and it always feels hard to judge if your team is doing well because you are always focused on what you are doing rather than what the team is doing...

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#124  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Gamespot 8/10 great game

here is their con list

-----

THE BAD:

The single player campaign loses steam too quickly

A lack of control over multiplayer matches does more harm than good

Some content is locked behind amiibos, forcing eager Inklings to spend real world money

----------

see how much shorter and rational it is than yours? jcarme and lord magikarp?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#125 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
@lord_magikarp said:

Nintendo is just being lazy.

I was done with this thread, but you hit a nerve. It's the only nerve of mine capable of being hit when it comes to forum comments at this point. Congratulations.

You're saying a team of people that has spent years trying to perfect a concept, whose bosses are hanging a HUGE weight around their necks to make a profitable game, is being lazy? You think these problems with the game are known to the developers and easily fixable, but they ignore them because they'd rather sit around doing nothing? Their game could be amazing, and they know it, but meeehhhhhhhhhh..... They'll just sit back and watch people complain, know that the complaints are valid, but man, it takes SO much energy to get up and type in that code. And then you have to submit it for QA and test it before pushing it live. That's just waaayyy too much work. They know it'll make the game perfect in a lot of people's eyes, but why bother? They're too lazy to even consider it. Too much work.

I don't care if you think their reasoning is dumb and they've made some bad decisions. But get the idea of laziness out of your head. It's not that. They're not lazy. Go watch them work for a full day then leave before them because you're exhausted just from watching.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 jcrame10

@JordanElek: wow. Didn't think the dickriding could go any harder lol

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

Obviously it is discouraging that Nintendo still does not grasp the concept that having a Lobby from which to party up with your friends before you go into general matchmaking is INTEGRAL to a fun online gaming experience. There is a lack of content, no voice chat and other oddities you commonly experience with Nintendo's network connected software. However this is a game with a genuinely unique take on a shooter genre which is creatively bankrupt at this point in present day history. Multiple trusted review sites including Giant Bomb:

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/splatoon-review/1900-704/

have said that the gameplay is endearing and fun.

Like any game, you have to see if the good outweighs the bad. The good, in this case, is a new property from Nintendo that seems to have the same kind of multiplayer fun we expect to have from SSB and Mario Kart. If this game can garner success, it could be a franchise that is as robust and addicting as those two franchises.

I have played it for myself and am excited to get it.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 trugs26

@thedude- said:

Obviously it is discouraging that Nintendo still does not grasp the concept that having a Lobby from which to party up with your friends before you go into general matchmaking is INTEGRAL to a fun online gaming experience.

They are bringing that feature in in one of the updates later on. I guess they want people to play out in the wild before teaming up.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 thedude-

@trugs26: Oh that would be a welcomed addition. I could see Nintendo doing such sort of hand holding to their audience. Do you have the game?

@JordanElek: Not lazy just crazy and out of touch.

On a side note, this game is worth the price of admission. Perhaps for some at a price cut. At the same time I don't blame those who want to boycott it for Nintendo's continued insistence to be awkward about their network play.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By trugs26

@thedude- said:

@trugs26: Oh that would be a welcomed addition. I could see Nintendo doing such sort of hand holding to their audience. Do you have the game?

Yup I do. Tonnes of fun. I think I'm addicted though, it's all I can think of when I'm at work lol.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Lord_Magikarp

@JordanElek said:
@lord_magikarp said:

Nintendo is just being lazy.

I was done with this thread, but you hit a nerve. It's the only nerve of mine capable of being hit when it comes to forum comments at this point. Congratulations.

You're saying a team of people that has spent years trying to perfect a concept, whose bosses are hanging a HUGE weight around their necks to make a profitable game, is being lazy? You think these problems with the game are known to the developers and easily fixable, but they ignore them because they'd rather sit around doing nothing? Their game could be amazing, and they know it, but meeehhhhhhhhhh..... They'll just sit back and watch people complain, know that the complaints are valid, but man, it takes SO much energy to get up and type in that code. And then you have to submit it for QA and test it before pushing it live. That's just waaayyy too much work. They know it'll make the game perfect in a lot of people's eyes, but why bother? They're too lazy to even consider it. Too much work.

I don't care if you think their reasoning is dumb and they've made some bad decisions. But get the idea of laziness out of your head. It's not that. They're not lazy. Go watch them work for a full day then leave before them because you're exhausted just from watching.

calm down there, it really comes down to them being ignorant and ignoring any other game in the genre to create a bunch of problems or being lazy. Not necessarily the development team, but nintendo as company that probably hit them with a deadline and pushed the game out anyways even though there are a bunch of little fixes that could be solved to make the game better. Take your pick though, I prefer to think they were just being rushed out and lackadaisical towards the game instead of being dumb and not knowing that maybe people dont want to paired with way higher levels then themselves or might not want to be on a team of all paintrollers or maybe would like to play with a friend on the same team

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 fishpockets
Member since 2014 • 361 Posts

@jcrame10: Your response is so lazy, wow.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 JordanElek

@lord_magikarp: They rushed it out to hit the early summer time slot. The fact that they're releasing major features in August kind of proves that, in my eyes. But that's not laziness. If anything, they had to work harder to get a working package together by the end of May. There's a business reality there that has to be considered.

All I'm trying to say is that there are legitimate reasons for these decisions, even if they end up being the wrong decisions in the end. It helps to try to understand what they might be. Calling it laziness just seems like you're avoiding any attempt at understanding what might actually be behind the decisions. Map rotation was clearly a conscious decision, not some kind of lazy oversight. Same with how you change weapons. There are reasons for these things. Their logic may be flawed (probably due to inexperience), but that doesn't mean they didn't try at all.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Lord_Magikarp

@JordanElek said:

@lord_magikarp: They rushed it out to hit the early summer time slot. The fact that they're releasing major features in August kind of proves that, in my eyes. But that's not laziness. If anything, they had to work harder to get a working package together by the end of May. There's a business reality there that has to be considered.

All I'm trying to say is that there are legitimate reasons for these decisions, even if they end up being the wrong decisions in the end. It helps to try to understand what they might be. Calling it laziness just seems like you're avoiding any attempt at understanding what might actually be behind the decisions. Map rotation was clearly a conscious decision, not some kind of lazy oversight. Same with how you change weapons. There are reasons for these things. Their logic may be flawed (probably due to inexperience), but that doesn't mean they didn't try at all.

The base point is that Nintendo has made some mistakes with their game, whether or not it was drawn from inexperience, for people to overlook these mistakes and praise the game for being a perfect masterpiece is a bigger disservice the gaming community. It really feels like an early access title packaged as done and for 60$, as it stands right now, Nintendo needs to create some patches to justify the price point

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 fishpockets

@lord_magikarp said:
@JordanElek said:

The base point is that Nintendo has made some mistakes with their game, whether or not it was drawn from inexperience, for people to overlook these mistakes and praise the game for being a perfect masterpiece is a bigger disservice the gaming community. It really feels like an early access title packaged as done and for 60$, as it stands right now, Nintendo needs to create some patches to justify the price point

What I don't understand about people who are upset by this is that if it's really a big deal for you to pay $60 for an 'early access package', then don't buy in right now. They announced ahead of release that there's going to be more content added on throughout the summer. If the value proposition is more enticing for you by the end of August, what's the big deal in waiting two more months?

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Lord_Magikarp

@fishpockets said:
@lord_magikarp said:
@JordanElek said:

What I don't understand about people who are upset by this is that if it's really a big deal for you to pay $60 for an 'early access package', then don't buy in right now. They announced ahead of release that there's going to be more content added on throughout the summer. If the value proposition is more enticing for you by the end of August, what's the big deal in waiting two more months?

Giving criticism is a way for the game to grow to be better, if people are going to perfectly fine with all the flaws in the game, you are telling Nintendo that is ok that they dont have these things. People who overlook the flaws are doing more harm to the game

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 JordanElek

@lord_magikarp said:

I don't disagree with any of that.

Nintendo will get the message. The people who say they don't care about the problems are probably being honest. Not EVERYONE needs to whine about the problems for them to be fixed. It doesn't do any good to tell them they should care more about problems they obviously don't care about. It also doesn't do any good for them to say WE shouldn't care about them when obviously we do.

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 fishpockets

@lord_magikarp said:

Giving criticism is a way for the game to grow to be better, if people are going to perfectly fine with all the flaws in the game, you are telling Nintendo that is ok that they dont have these things. People who overlook the flaws are doing more harm to the game

It's fine to be critical. I just don't think it's that big of a deal if you have to wait two months for more content. It'd be different if Nintendo hadn't stated what plans (if any) they had for adding more content -- and if they were charging additional money for it. It's free, everyone had been made aware of it prior to launch and we'll see regular updates for 3 months. None of that sounds horrible to me. It's worse when a developer releases a game with a ton of bugs and glitches at launch and tries to ignore it first, and then update it throughout the year. See Battlefield 4.

None of what you're saying is wrong. The thing I find annoying is that the way Nintendo has handled it is better than what most other publishers do, and in the end it ends up not being a big deal considering you can choose to just not buy the game if you really don't approve of it. Buy it when you think the value proposition is better.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 jcrame10

@fishpockets: which response? To be fair, it's been a longggg thread.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 jcrame10

@thedude-: well said. Hopefully, the sequel can fix a lot of those mistakes.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Lord_Magikarp

@fishpockets:

I'm focused on what the game is right now, if they fix the game, high fives all around. The game right now is what I am criticizing not future splatoon

@JordanElek:

People who are interested in the game should complain about what it lacks cause it gives nintendo feedback, the more people the more feedback. And there does need to be a lot of people when there are people that will overlook the games flaws because it is a nintendo game and those people do a greater disservice than the people who complain

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@fishpockets said:

None of what you're saying is wrong. The thing I find annoying is that the way Nintendo has handled it is better than what most other publishers do, and in the end it ends up not being a big deal considering you can choose to just not buy the game if you really don't approve of it. Buy it when you think the value proposition is better.

Being completely honest, I can't think of another full priced game I have purchased that started as bare-boned as Splatoon.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 thedude-

@jcrame10:Super Mario Kart was bare bones as well and it grew into a series that I immediately have fun with the moment I pick up the controller and start playing. It is very clear that a new IP coming from Nintendo receives considerable scrutiny. It would have been wise to have a more polished "shell" but the core of the game is completely rad. For someone who has always been passionate about shooters, yet is completely fatigued on how similar the majority of new additions to the genre turn out to be, this game excites me and I would hate for it to be a one hit wonder.

I could imagine a sequel that has a more fleshed out single player and multiplayer that rivals Mario Kart and SSB.

@JordanElek: It really does matter for people to voice their opinions. It really does help to tell Nintendo and any company to care more about your concerns as a consumer. Even though Nintendo, historically, has been unreceptive to customer feedback, we all should voice our opinions and call them out when they continue to make mistakes. Where people go wrong, particularly in this thread, is voice your opinion on their product in an undignified manner. Calling Nintendo "dumb" or stupid for making software a certain way will not get your base message to that company. They will not take you seriously. Your voice just becomes a bothersome noise to them.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#144 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

After 5 days with the game I can say it is a solid 8 out of 10 and could be higher if it had a little more content and not lock behind paywall some of the stuff the Amiibo unlock which keep the single player campaign a lot longer.

They already added a new map and a new gun and they are both fantastic. So they obviously have already everything ready, I think they just want to keep people playing the game for a long period. I think they saw that with Mario Kart 8 ... the 2 DLC pack kept the game alive for a year and could still be alive for the next year even without any DLC.

I like they way they present you the two maps for each mode when you boot the game. Gives you an idea what to expect.

I did a battle again 4 Krak-on splatroller and they won. A splatroller cover a lot of ground very fast and the special weapon the Kraken is very useful.

I like the random match making, it keeps everything fresh and you never know how the match will go. Even an high level player could end up being the worst at healping your team, he may have that level because he played non-stop since last friday ... Saturday I saw some people in level 20 ... I only managed to be level 7 in the same time window !!!

The only thing I would love is offline trufwar mode where you can play alone with 7 bots and if they could add some mutator like in Unreal it would be insane !!! I still play Unreal because of that, every match can be fresh and new because of a mutator that drasticly change the game and you can play all the mode offline.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 JordanElek

@lord_magikarp: Not everyone shares the same complaints. Asking people to complain about stuff they don't care about is kind of crazy.

Nintendo will get the message from the people who care. Not every issue needs to be an internet petition.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Lord_Magikarp

@JordanElek said:

@lord_magikarp: Not everyone shares the same complaints. Asking people to complain about stuff they don't care about is kind of crazy.

Nintendo will get the message from the people who care. Not every issue needs to be an internet petition.

If people are complaining, they must care ergo I am complaining because I care (and not making a petition)

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#147 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9729 Posts

Splatoon - Update Events and New Tower Mode Revealed

Loading Video...

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 JordanElek

@lord_magikarp said:
@JordanElek said:

If people are complaining, they must care ergo I am complaining because I care (and not making a petition)

I'm talking about the people who AREN'T complaining. If they cared enough about the problems (if they even think they're problems), they'd say something. Telling people who aren't complaining that they're somehow "harming" the game doesn't do anyone any good.

Complain all you want, but pestering people who like the game because they're aren't complaining is useless.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Lord_Magikarp

@JordanElek said:
@lord_magikarp said:
@JordanElek said:

I'm talking about the people who AREN'T complaining. If they cared enough about the problems (if they even think they're problems), they'd say something. Telling people who aren't complaining that they're somehow "harming" the game doesn't do anyone any good.

Complain all you want, but pestering people who like the game because they're aren't complaining is useless.

The people who dont complain are not harming the game, the people when you make a critique and they get bothered by the judgement because the game is a 10/10 that has no flaws in it even though they are clear flaws within the game. There are improvements that can be made and the people that think that it is perfect and try to defend it against valid critisism are the ones harming the game

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 JordanElek

@lord_magikarp: You're not giving the developers much credit if you think a few people saying THIS GAME IS PERFECT will keep them from considering any of the complaints other people have. The devs have lived and breathed this game for years.... We've been thinking about it for a couple of weeks. They hear all of the feedback because they're desperate to know what people like and dislike. They're not counting the number of complaints and making decisions based on that.... If they see a good complaint from ANY number of people and they agree with it, they'll change it if they can.

Just let people who love the game love the game.