Pokemon X and Y Update and Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Pokemon XX and XY look cool but I just don't know if fully 3D animated breeding is a good idea.

metroidfood
One for boys, one for girls? That's a terrible idea.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Rod90

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"]D'awww People still care about jaysonguymetroidfood

If you add this:

gamespot.com##[class*="'author':'Jaysonguy"] > *

to your AdBlock filters it's like he's not even there!

How useful. Thank you sir. :P
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

The only thing bothering me about XY is how some areas look too empty and flat.

It may be part of GameFreak's devious plan of leaving room for improvement for future games. Just look at how much the visuals were improved from Diamond and Pearl to Black and White.

ANIMEguy10034

After years of using only sprites, I'd say it's more likely that Gamefreak just doesn't know what their doing. They really should have asked Nintendo for some help or staff members.

Also, while I realize 5th gen graphics were technically better than 4th gen, I still found the 4th gen ones more appealing. They seemed to blend with the pixel art a lot better.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Rod90

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

It may be part of GameFreak's devious plan of leaving room for improvement for future games. Just look at how much the visuals were improved from Diamond and Pearl to Black and White.

metroidfood

After years of using only sprites, I'd say it's more likely that Gamefreak just doesn't know what their doing. They really should have asked Nintendo for some help or staff members.

Also, while I realize 5th gen graphics were technically better than 4th gen, I still found the 4th gen ones more appealing. They seemed to blend with the pixel art a lot better.

I totally agree.
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

Finally, a real pokemon game coming to the 3DS, and no the Rumble Blast does not count.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#56 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

I have played every Pokemon Game Until Black and White. When those two games came out i felt that the series had been dried up. Now they bring us a 3D world. This is amazing. I cant wait to see the game grow in development. Hopefully the rest of the Pokemon and characters look good. I cant believe GameFreak and Nintendo are finally bringing my Pokemon Dreams to life and by doing this they are also gaining my Love for Pokemon (the same love for it i had when i was younger). YAy :)

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Cool to see Pokemon go 3D, not a surprising move, given the emphasis on presentation in the last two installments.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
my impressions copypasted from another topic: new art styIe reminds me of golden sun dark dawn, so i'm fine with it. seems like they finally got the pokemon to get close and personal during the punching, something i've been asking for forever now. couldn't get a decent look at the trainers... does the dude have sunglasses over his cap? looks kinda funny. that aside, looks like the gen 5 trainer, which is my favorite. couldn't tell if i saw the chick or not. can't say i'm a fan of the starters, will need to look at evolutions to make a decision. also inb4 fire/fighting final stage.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

metroidfood

So you not only think that game looks bad but you think that they don't know what they're doing?

Interesting........

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

Jaysonguy

So you not only think that game looks bad but you think that they don't know what they're doing?

Interesting........

oh hey, everyone's favorite broken record is still around. you're more scrached than i remember though. at least you attempted to make a point before. now it's just noise stuck on a loop.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

metroidfood

Gamefreak did make one 3D game with Polygons before Click Medic but it was Japan Only. Also Nintendo developers usually focus on the graphics last in 3D games they have it just basic and then when they get the game how they want it they then work on the graphics.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#62 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

new art styIe reminds me of golden sun dark dawn, so i'm fine with it. BrunoBRS
I knew the graphics looked familiar.

I do have to say though that there is certainly a lot of room for improvement in the graphics though. When you look at launch 3DS games like Super Mario 3D Land, you see this game doesn't really compare. It honestly looks like this game could still be done on the DS.

That aside, I don't really play Pokemon for the graphics. I'm interested to see what kind of gameplay changes they've made though. If they can make IV manipulation easier (significantly so) then that would be a great addition. Other than that I'm just looking for a break from the usual in game formula and having some more free roaming throughout the world. The first two games in the series were the only ones where you could beat the gym leaders out of order. That should still be the case. Black and White 2 set the bar pretty high for post game stuff, so they'd better keep something like the Pokemon World Tournament in it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"]D'awww People still care about jaysonguy

Yeah, He's a dumbass. I see that cat and just keep on scrolling.
Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
I skipped over White 2 because it just looked like more of the same, and for the first time I didn't' want to pay for that. So this makes me very excited I like the new look, but will be even more interested to see what other changes they may be putting in. In fact I'm hyped enough I may go get White 2 to help pass the time :P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]new art styIe reminds me of golden sun dark dawn, so i'm fine with it. nintendofreak_2

I knew the graphics looked familiar.

I do have to say though that there is certainly a lot of room for improvement in the graphics though. When you look at launch 3DS games like Super Mario 3D Land, you see this game doesn't really compare. It honestly looks like this game could still be done on the DS.

That aside, I don't really play Pokemon for the graphics. I'm interested to see what kind of gameplay changes they've made though. If they can make IV manipulation easier (significantly so) then that would be a great addition. Other than that I'm just looking for a break from the usual in game formula and having some more free roaming throughout the world. The first two games in the series were the only ones where you could beat the gym leaders out of order. That should still be the case. Black and White 2 set the bar pretty high for post game stuff, so they'd better keep something like the Pokemon World Tournament in it.

actually i'm pretty sure both gen 3 and 4 were possible to get a specific badge before the previous one. it doesn't change much, and i'm very much with you that i'd like a more open ended adventure, which is kind of the premise of the story to begin with. as for graphics, eh. i don't mind the minimalistic terrain, and it might be improved later, or just specific areas. i'm much happier with how detailed and vibrant the battle sprites are, and (FINALLY) unique animations. here's hope they update the cries of the older pokes to something more in-line with the newer ones. charizard still shares its cry with rhyhorn, and everything pre-gen 3 sounds like a scratched disc playing through a blown soundbox.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 metroidfood

Gamefreak did make one 3D game with Polygons before Click Medic but it was Japan Only. Also Nintendo developers usually focus on the graphics last in 3D games they have it just basic and then when they get the game how they want it they then work on the graphics.

Nintendo_Ownes7

They also made Harmoknight which had relatively good, though simple, graphics. I'm just saying, given their inexperience in that field it would have probably been a better idea to ask for some of Nintendo EAD's developers to come over and show them a few tricks.

Not that the graphics are the most important feature, and the in-battle graphics look very nice which is where it matters most, but they're not doing themselves any favors if they keep doing sweeping camera angles and scenic views on mediocre visuals.

Also, since I realize I've really been mostly trash-talking X/Y, I have to say that I am actually really excited for it. The startersand legendaries all look great, 3D battles are awesome, and the possibility of trainer customization sounds awesome. I'm just worried that they're going to avoid improving on some of Pokemon's features that actually need work, and so far we haven't really gotten any gameplay details.

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts

why do all the starter water pokemon need ridiculous facial hair? Anyway, the 3D is looking good, but i dont like the character sprite. He seems to have a large head but too long of a body, like a twig. and his running animation isnt that great either. Looking forward to it though, i might actually be able to finish this one :P I couldnt bring myself to finish D/P or B2/W2 (though i beat the elite 4 in b/w)

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

Water starter

ibdOgVSDeet8a3.gif

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#69 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I'm going to get Pokemon X and have a nice new 3DS XL too.
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#70 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

I just hope these games have a more in depth story. Considering all the fan art, theories, memes, and creepy pastas of the early games it shows pokemon can be deep. I mean as a kid do you ever think about something as interesting as the war theory or as creepy as hypno's lullaby could even exist lol.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 metroidfood

I just hope these games have a more in depth story. Considering all the fan art, theories, memes, and creepy pastas of the early games it shows pokemon can be deep. I mean as a kid do you ever think about something as interesting as the war theory or as creepy as hypno's lullaby could even exist lol.

toddx77

None of those were ever actually part of the story though, they're just fan theories that people spun out of throwaway lines in the game.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#72 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Froakie is going to be my starter or Fennekin. I like both Fire and Water, always a hard pick.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I just realized that Chespin is the first nonreptile-based grass starter. :o Too bad most people prefer Fennekin and Froakie. Hopefully Chespin's evolution designs bring a comeback.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

nintendofreak_2
Keep in mind its a game still in development and more importantly, its a handheld game blown up, it would look a lot better on the 3DS screen than a computer screen.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#75 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I just realized that Chespin is the first nonreptile-based grass starter. :o Too bad most people prefer Fennekin and Froakie. Hopefully Chespin's evolution designs bring a comeback.

ANIMEguy10034
That's a badass picture in your signature.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 metroidfood

I just realized that Chespin is the first nonreptile-based grass starter. :o

ANIMEguy10034

Bulbasaur and Chikorita were dinosaurs not reptiles. Technically all the grass starters have been sauropsids, which includes both dinosaurs and reptiles. Had the grass starter been a bird they could have continued this trend.

/pedantry

This is why I don't have friends.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ANIMEguy10034

That's a badass picture in your signature.Minishdriveby
Aye. It's amazing to see the stuff people created just a few hours after the big reveal. I was extremely impressed by the fanmade plushies of the starters.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ANIMEguy10034
Bulbasaur and Chikorita were dinosaurs not reptiles. Technically all the grass starters have been sauropsids, which includes both dinosaurs and reptiles. Had the grass starter been a bird they could have continued this trend.

/pedantry

metroidfood
I learned something new today. :lol: Thanks, metroidfood!
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

ANIMEguy10034

Good thing i'm not most people. Chespin is awesome! :D

I just hope it doesnt end up being as useless as Snivy.

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

I'm excited that they announced new games, but was honestly hoping for news on new Eeveelutions:(.

I think I'll be picking Fennekin as it reminds me of two of my favourite Pokemon - Eevee and Vulpix :).

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

ANIMEguy10034

I thought you'd like that. :P I think I'm leaning towards Chespin. They're all just about as cool though, so my vote will go to whoever has the coolest final form.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#82 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

metroidfood

None of those were ever actually part of the story though, they're just fan theories that people spun out of throwaway lines in the game.

I know but what I meant was those thoese theories fans made up kind of make the games much more deeper if they were true so Nintendo could maybe take some of those or learn from them and make pokemon have a deeper story.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

For some reason I am very excited for this even though I have not played one since Gold/Silver (well havent played one for more than a few minutes) :P. SOmething about Pokemons design is just awesome. WIth that said, sometimes the pokemon are a bit silly looking for my liking :P. I remember watching Digimon when I was younger, and I kinda prefer its somewhat more serious creature design. BUT I like cute little creatures too. Heck I like the Chao in Sonic Adventure 2. I guess its the ones that look stupid like Chespin. It looks like he is wearing one of those dumb winter hats with things sticking off of it.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#84 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

I'll be getting Pokemon X and start with Chespin.

Hedgehogs for the win! :D

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

sonictrainer

That thing is a hedgehog?

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#86 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

[QUOTE="sonictrainer"]

NaveedLife

That thing is a hedgehog?

According to all its names, it's a chestnut hedgehog

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

Guess its a good enough time to pick up an XL although I wish more colors were available.

Btw I came across this even though its not offical obviously

Still not sure what copy ill be picking up yet but chespin is my pick since I always get the grass starter,wish we can see their true final forms though

Oblivion_540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88 Oblivion_540
Member since 2009 • 206 Posts

Guess its a good enough time to pick up an XL although I wish more colors were available.

Btw I came across this even though its not offical obviously

Still not sure what copy ill be picking up yet but chespin is my pick since I always get the grass starter,wish we can see their true final forms though

TriniPlayer
That water final form looks like Altaria :P
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Blah.....................

Fanboys.

Really,i dunno why X & Y are this hyped.

You guys realise they look like an upgraded N64 game>????

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ANIMEguy10034

Blah.....................

Fanboys.

Really,i dunno why X & Y are this hyped.

You guys realise they look like an upgraded N64 game>????

GreekGameManiac

Since when were graphics the main selling point of Pokemon games? :P

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 GreekGameManiac

Since when were graphics the main selling point of Pokemon games? :P

ANIMEguy10034

Don't matter if they were the selling point.

Cause the point is,Nintendo's robbing you.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ANIMEguy10034

Don't matter if they were the selling point.

Cause the point is,Nintendo's robbing you.

GreekGameManiac

How am I being robbed if I get at least 400 hours of glorious gameplay hours per game?

Yes, the visuals could have been better, but that's not stopping me from enjoying Pokemon XY. Pokemon Black and White didn't look as impressive as Dragon Quest IX and I didn't complain. In fact, I enjoyed BW much more than DQIX. As long as I'm having fun, they are not robbing me. Those $40 were worth every penny and the next $40 will be worth every penny.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 GreekGameManiac

How am I being robbed if I get at least 400 hours of glorious gameplay hours per game?

Yes, the visuals could have been better, but that's not stopping me from enjoying Pokemon XY. Pokemon Black and White didn't look as impressive as Dragon Quest IX and I didn't complain. In fact, I enjoyed BW much more than DQIX. As long as I'm having fun, they are not robbing me. Those $40 were worth every penny and the next $40 will be worth every penny.

ANIMEguy10034

Still robbing.

Faaanboooy.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ANIMEguy10034

Still robbing.

Faaanboooy.

GreekGameManiac

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 GreekGameManiac

ANIMEguy10034

Lol.

In all seriousness,it's just a waste,man.

There are much better RPG series out there.

And most of Nintendo's franchises are very behind,actually.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ANIMEguy10034

Pokemon games are not the best RPGs I've played, but I have a lot of fun with them. I buy Pokemon games for the battles, trading, collecting, team customization, and having great times with friends around the world. I'm not ashamed of buying Pokemon games or any other Nintendo game, and it won't stop me from buying other great games. I love Pokemon and someone else's opinion will not change that.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 GreekGameManiac

Pokemon games are not the best RPGs I've played, but I have a lot of fun with them. I buy Pokemon games for the battles, trading, collecting, team customization, and having great times with friends around the world. I'm not ashamed of buying Pokemon games or any other Nintendo game, and it won't stop me from buying other great games. I love Pokemon and someone else's opinion will not change that.

ANIMEguy10034

I couldn't even beat Platinum..i stopped at 5 badges.

I did get SoulSilver,and,being the Gen II fanboy i am,enjoyed it,ALTHOUGH felt it was lacking still.

And since then,i haven't gotten a game in the main series.

I vowed to NEVER buy a Pokemon game untill they make an amazing title that shocks the world,maybe an MMO with all the regions plus new ones,and awesome amazing graphics.

Someday....someday...

PS: I can haz Pokemon bleeding?

:)

Btw,about Nintendo's franchises,that's irrelevant to my opinion.

They really HAVEN'T evolved enough.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

ANIMEguy10034

Spoken like a true Pokemon fan! :P

Anyway, Pokemon games aren't perfect. As much as I enjoy them, they're not the best games i've played. There's a lot of things they could do better. Regardless, I do enjoy them because they are still FUN and I end up clocking a lot of more hours in them than most other games I play.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#99 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
Xerneas looks majestic as ****.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

moltenix

Spoken like a true Pokemon fan! :P

Anyway, Pokemon games aren't perfect. As much as I enjoy them, they're not the best games i've played. There's a lot of things they could do better. Regardless, I do enjoy them because they are still FUN and I end up clocking a lot of more hours in them than most other games I play.

For me Pokemon is about as good as it gets.Xat-chew.gif

Call me a fan girl, I don't care.