Official Metroid Prime 3 Thread (updated 9/1)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

L00pey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 L00pey
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts
it doesnt matter what they give it, i cant refund my fully-paid-pre-order
webswinger526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 webswinger526
Member since 2004 • 5207 Posts
4 PM Pacific, which would mean 7 PM for me.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
I'm calling 8.5, but I really hope that they give it a 9...
Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts

I'm calling 8.5, but I really hope that they give it a 9...Funkyhamster

I think 8.5 to but i don't really care

Nintendogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Nintendogene
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts
This game is going to get higher than a 9.2, the score for Metroid Prime 2: Echoes cuz the thing that brought that score down is cuz of its multiplayer. This time Retro focused much on first-person and gameplay. The graphics look absolutely stunning, even for the Wii. Retro obviously put more time into this because of the delays and they answered in a question that, "They rushed a little on the making of Metroid Prime 2".
Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts
hmm i think TP deserved that score. But thats just me cause I was very dissapointed with it. I havent even finished it yet cause I fall asleep every time I play it. But everyone has a different opinion right?
KJAX90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 KJAX90
Member since 2006 • 8809 Posts
I honestly could care less about what GS gives it after I saw the Gametrailers review. This game is going to be so badass it's not even funny. If I had to make a prediction for the score GS will give it, I'm gonna say 8.5, though I'm hoping for a 9.0 at the least.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
I'm honestly hoping they give it an 8 or 7.5 Just to see the carnage here and on SW. Seriously, it would provide me with AAA LOLs
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
hmm i think TP deserved that score. But thats just me cause I was very dissapointed with it. I havent even finished it yet cause I fall asleep every time I play it. But everyone has a different opinion right?Scythes777
I thought TP was really good. WW was better and the thing TP lacked was good minigames. In OOT I spent hours just playing the mini games over and over. I say it deserves atleast a 9.1 
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
If the controls are as good as ign said they are meaning (better than any console shooter before it) I hope other developers use it. Especially In Medal of honor.
Game_Druggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Game_Druggy
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts

it should be a AAA title

if a game gets 10/10 does that make it AAAA?

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#62 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

I just read the IGN reveiw, and I dont see how GS will score it anything less than AAA.

-revolutionary control scheme for FPS

-stands out visually next to the other consoles (and ratings are console specific anyway)

-many improvements over previous games

-all negativity in GS previews was due to things that the game addresses. they didn't like the controls, but they never go to try the controls that IGN went ape over. Plus, they were previews so they only get a small slice of the whole. Maybe nintendo didn't want to show them anything too 'new' and just gave them a fight scene similar to the other games. Who knows.

bottom line is that I'm hyping it AAA all the way

adolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 adolson
Member since 2006 • 554 Posts

it doesnt matter what they give it, i cant refund my fully-paid-pre-orderL00pey

Why did you pre-order a Wii game if you don't have a Wii?

marioismyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 marioismyname
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts
yeah i think GS doesnt like nintendo very much, but they seem to like Microsoft, i wouldnt be suprised if it got something that seems a little low
Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
I think it will get 8.5 But it would be nice to see another AAA game for the Wii
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#66 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

it should be a AAA title

Game_Druggy

yes. 10/10 = AAAA.
Game_Druggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Game_Druggy
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
[QUOTE="Game_Druggy"]

it should be a AAA title

Haziqonfire

yes. 10/10 = AAAA.

neato

flynsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 flynsk
Member since 2005 • 45 Posts
Do you think it'll get editor's choice?
zogarza21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 zogarza21
Member since 2003 • 61 Posts

I'm sure that they'll give it a great score. Under the new system of rating a game that they've been implementing, I feel that it will most likely get a 9.0 or a 9.5, not depending on who reviews this game, but rather what they choose to focus their attention towards. If they do what they did with the highly controversial rating given to TLoZ:TP, then I say 9.0 because it doesn't look like it will truly "re-define" the Metroid series. But, if they choose to focus more on the new things it brings to the franchise, such as the gunship, visuals, or controls, then I say 9.5. It isn't perfect, as many people will try to argue. The first Prime was the best so far, and it wasn't even perfect. I feel that this game is a perfect "full-circle" move on the part of Retro and Nintendo, and it looks to be as good as or just a bit better than Metroid Prime on the Gamecube. So, my score would be 9.5, but I wouldn't throw out a 9.0 score either.

Avatar image for Regginator14520
Regginator14520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Regginator14520
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts
I think Gamespot does hate Nintendo, their homepage dosn't even feature MP3 in the top ten list and that is rediculious in my opinion. There is not even any Wii games on the list, all PS3 and 360 games. I don't expect a dependable score from Gamespot judging by their opinionated dislike for the Wii. The game deserves a 9.5 - 10, it is one of those games that took time to develop to the point of perfection.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#71 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I think Gamespot does hate Nintendo, their homepage dosn't even feature MP3 in the top ten list and that is rediculious in my opinion. There is not even any Wii games on the list, all PS3 and 360 games. I don't expect a dependable score from Gamespot judging by their opinionated dislike for the Wii. The game deserves a 9.5 - 10, it is one of those games that took time to develop to the point of perfection. Regginator14520

That doesn't mean anything. The Top 10 is based on traffic, so if Metroid Prime 3 isn't on that list, that means not enough users are checking the game out on the site.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
[QUOTE="Dark_Link142"]

[QUOTE="johnnyv2003"]here's the important question...am i the only one doesn't care all that much what they give it?johnnyv2003

I'm with you but it's always exciting to see what "official" reviewers say. And everybody else is into it and it's fun. But otherwise it doesn't matter what they give it really.

yes i guess the fun of it is a good reason.....but i'm talking about the people that will make a whining thread about the review even when they know it will be locked...it's not like the Wii needs a great review from GS to be successful which is what all the fanboys should be concerned with anyway.....that being said can't wait until tomorrow to get my copy and post my 2 cents about it

True. Those people annoy me as well.

Avatar image for Regginator14520
Regginator14520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Regginator14520
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts

[QUOTE="Regginator14520"]I think Gamespot does hate Nintendo, their homepage dosn't even feature MP3 in the top ten list and that is rediculious in my opinion. There is not even any Wii games on the list, all PS3 and 360 games. I don't expect a dependable score from Gamespot judging by their opinionated dislike for the Wii. The game deserves a 9.5 - 10, it is one of those games that took time to develop to the point of perfection. JustPlainLucas

That doesn't mean anything. The Top 10 is based on traffic, so if Metroid Prime 3 isn't on that list, that means not enough users are checking the game out on the site.

IDK about that... i am sure that MP3 is getting a lot of trafic trying to figure out what review it gets. I'll highly doubt all those PS3 games and even Halo 3 is getting more attention considering that there has not been any updates for those games. Do halo 3 fanboys click on the halo 3 link 10x a day or something? I dont think so, I think its rediculious or Nintendo fans dont have to worry about clicking links, cause we know we have good games enough not to be excited about it too much. But still, i bet gamespot just neglects the Wii.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 JustPlainLucas
[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]

[QUOTE="Regginator14520"]I think Gamespot does hate Nintendo, their homepage dosn't even feature MP3 in the top ten list and that is rediculious in my opinion. There is not even any Wii games on the list, all PS3 and 360 games. I don't expect a dependable score from Gamespot judging by their opinionated dislike for the Wii. The game deserves a 9.5 - 10, it is one of those games that took time to develop to the point of perfection. Regginator14520

IDK about that... i am sure that MP3 is getting a lot of trafic trying to figure out what review it gets. I'll highly doubt all those PS3 games and even Halo 3 is getting more attention considering that there has not been any updates for those games. Do halo 3 fanboys click on the halo 3 link 10x a day or something? I dont think so, I think its rediculious or Nintendo fans dont have to worry about clicking links, cause we know we have good games enough not to be excited about it too much. But still, i bet gamespot just neglects the Wii.

Please get that out of your head. There is no great consiracy trying to keep Metroid Prime 3: Corruption down.

roll450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 roll450
Member since 2006 • 4113 Posts
Im going to f-ing pissed if GS gave MP3 a low score.
Rockclmbr6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Rockclmbr6
Member since 2004 • 3232 Posts
After the GT and IGN reviews, I think I'm going to pick it up either way for the innovative controls (I didn't even finish MP1). But I will say, if Metroid Prime 3 scores higher than Bioshock, the forums are going to go NUTS.
webswinger526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 webswinger526

After the GT and IGN reviews, I think I'm going to pick it up either way for the innovative controls (I didn't even finish MP1). But I will say, if Metroid Prime 3 scores higher than Bioshock, the forums are going to go NUTS.
Rockclmbr6

It would never happen. Even if GS was bribed, it would not happen. Not saying that Bioshock is a better game, it just wont happen.

Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
Ive played some of both and MP3 is not as good as Bioshock. Almost but not quite. With that said I think it will get a 9 from GS.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 JustPlainLucas
I just want to remind everyone, for whatever good it's worth, to at least try to remain calm when whatever score the review happens to be. It doesn't make sense to flip out and insult the editor or the site itself and then lose your posting priviliges, so again, just remain calm and don't let whatever score they give affect your enjoyment of the game.
Chargeagles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Chargeagles1
Member since 2006 • 1711 Posts

I just want to remind everyone, for whatever good it's worth, to at least try to remain calm when whatever score the review happens to be. It doesn't make sense to flip out and insult the editor or the site itself and then lose your posting priviliges, so again, just remain calm and don't let whatever score they give affect your enjoyment of the game.JustPlainLucas

Is that a hint that the game could be lowly scored :P

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 JustPlainLucas
Just got word from the editor. It'll be up in a few minutes.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Sonick54

I just want to remind everyone, for whatever good it's worth, to at least try to remain calm when whatever score the review happens to be. It doesn't make sense to flip out and insult the editor or the site itself and then lose your posting priviliges, so again, just remain calm and don't let whatever score they give affect your enjoyment of the game.JustPlainLucas

But that's the fun part about all this. Watching all the people go nuts and having LOLS commence :(

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 JustPlainLucas

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]I just want to remind everyone, for whatever good it's worth, to at least try to remain calm when whatever score the review happens to be. It doesn't make sense to flip out and insult the editor or the site itself and then lose your posting priviliges, so again, just remain calm and don't let whatever score they give affect your enjoyment of the game.Sonick54

But that's the fun part about all this. Watching all the people go nuts and having LOLS commence :(

Not when you're a moderator... :(

gmw1082

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 gmw1082
Member since 2003 • 673 Posts
I must have this game...
johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#86 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
[QUOTE="Sonick54"]

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]I just want to remind everyone, for whatever good it's worth, to at least try to remain calm when whatever score the review happens to be. It doesn't make sense to flip out and insult the editor or the site itself and then lose your posting priviliges, so again, just remain calm and don't let whatever score they give affect your enjoyment of the game.JustPlainLucas

oh come on you know you get that adrenaline rush from hitting lock topic...;)

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Sonick54
[QUOTE="Sonick54"]

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]I just want to remind everyone, for whatever good it's worth, to at least try to remain calm when whatever score the review happens to be. It doesn't make sense to flip out and insult the editor or the site itself and then lose your posting priviliges, so again, just remain calm and don't let whatever score they give affect your enjoyment of the game.JustPlainLucas

True. Guess i should have thought of that :P Sorry

Well, no offense or anything, but i doubt your warning will hold people back :shock:

webswinger526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 webswinger526
I think its going to be 10x worse than what happened with TP. Things are going to get ugly...
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Sonick54

I think its going to be 10x worse than what happened with TP. Things are going to get ugly...webswinger526

Unlike TP, MP3 wasn't hyped to get 10/10 and be the best game ever next to OOT :|

webswinger526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 webswinger526

[QUOTE="webswinger526"]I think its going to be 10x worse than what happened with TP. Things are going to get ugly...Sonick54

Unlike TP, MP3 wasn't hyped to get 10/10 and be the best game ever next to OOT :|

Quite right you are, but fans are fans no matter what.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
[QUOTE="Sonick54"]

Which is why that job's no fun at all. Anyway I checked my EB and they don't have any copies in yet but all the stores near me will tomorrow.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Sonick54
[QUOTE="Sonick54"]

[QUOTE="webswinger526"]I think its going to be 10x worse than what happened with TP. Things are going to get ugly...webswinger526

Right you are. But things won't be as bad as in SW though.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
I have now officially lost all faith in GS. After reading every other review on this game I already know it's not an 8.5 game.
webswinger526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 webswinger526
[QUOTE="webswinger526"][QUOTE="Sonick54"]

[QUOTE="webswinger526"]I think its going to be 10x worse than what happened with TP. Things are going to get ugly...Sonick54

Right you are. But things won't be as bad as in SW though.

Im predicting a war between the Metroid fans and pretty much everyone else that happens to be in SW.

Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
8.5 well ok...
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Sonick54

8.5 huh?

let the insanity commence! :lo:

ACDC19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#97 ACDC19
Member since 2006 • 604 Posts

C'mon wheres the review. I can't help it I'm so excited.

johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#98 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
8.5 most of the fanboys were right
Chargeagles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Chargeagles1
Member since 2006 • 1711 Posts
8.5:(, what a suprise they always underate the hyped games.
DocsDeLorean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 DocsDeLorean
Member since 2004 • 2532 Posts
Oh man, here comes the flood of complainers.