No wonder why Wii U failed.

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="Lord_of_Terrans"]1- Price is not a issue, gaming is a luxury not a basic need... 2- Only people who are not into gaming could be confused. If you read 15 minutes a month of gaming news you should be ok. 3- Fun games is suggestive, not everyone like Mario Party or Wii Sport, 3a- As for the controls, the reason i bought a WiiU is because the gamepad have a move standard feel. I did not liked the swing my remote to play Zelda.

Price is not an issue? Seriously? Do you believe the Wii would have been as successful as it was with a $600 price tag?

Yeah however the Basic bundle is only 50 bucks more than Wii when it launched. It's not that much extra money.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
[QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"][QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="Lord_of_Terrans"]1- Price is not a issue, gaming is a luxury not a basic need... 2- Only people who are not into gaming could be confused. If you read 15 minutes a month of gaming news you should be ok. 3- Fun games is suggestive, not everyone like Mario Party or Wii Sport, 3a- As for the controls, the reason i bought a WiiU is because the gamepad have a move standard feel. I did not liked the swing my remote to play Zelda.

Price is not an issue? Seriously? Do you believe the Wii would have been as successful as it was with a $600 price tag?

Yeah however the Basic bundle is only 50 bucks more than Wii when it launched. It's not that much extra money.

Wii was $200 by then, but I'm not sure what your point is or what it has to do with what I said.
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#53 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9740 Posts
I'm honestly starting to think I should get the PS4 instead of the Wii U. I'd like to have more games to choose from when they are released.
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
This holiday season is going to determine a lot for that platform going forward. I don't think the time from launch till now is really the best way to judge it since most of the core titles weren't released. We'll have a better idea of what issues that console faces after this holiday.Haziqonfire
Listen to this guy! Also, here is a link to a good read about... the current state of the U. Can we just call it that? http://www.rpgamer.com/news/currents/2013/column/081513ts.html
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 AtelierFan

oh I just remembered!!! When PS3 came out in 2006, it came out with +600 games library and going for $200!!!fgjnfgh

Pretty sure that the PS3 was $500 or $600 usd. And that those 600 plus games you mention are the compatible ps1/ps2 games? And noe more thing - shouldn't this thread just be in system wars?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

I'm honestly starting to think I should get the PS4 instead of the Wii U. I'd like to have more games to choose from when they are released.GameboyTroy

why not an xbox one?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9740 Posts

[QUOTE="GameboyTroy"]I'm honestly starting to think I should get the PS4 instead of the Wii U. I'd like to have more games to choose from when they are released.KBFloYd

why not an xbox one?

I'm not interested in it.
hotdiddykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 hotdiddykong
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

Except it didnt

There's different circumstances on when a console is considered "Failed"

And let me remind you people have been sh*t talking against Nintendo ever since the 90's with headlines of "Will Nintendo ever catch up to Sega in Hardware?" and yet Guess whose still standing and whose 3rd Party and still bankrupt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Avatar_Taxidous

[QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"][QUOTE="meetroid8"] Price is not an issue? Seriously? Do you believe the Wii would have been as successful as it was with a $600 price tag? meetroid8

Wii was $200 by then, but I'm not sure what your point is or what it has to do with what I said.

No I mean when the Wii launched it was 250. I'm saying that Wii U isn't much more expensive than Wii, which was a fairly cheap console when it released. Edit: Not sure you how you missed my point, I think it was pretty clear :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Avatar_Taxidous
[QUOTE="fgjnfgh"]

oh I just remembered!!! When PS3 came out in 2006, it came out with +600 games library and going for $200!!!AtelierFan

Pretty sure that the PS3 was $500 or $600 usd. And that those 600 plus games you mention are the compatible ps1/ps2 games? And noe more thing - shouldn't this thread just be in system wars?

You didn't catch that poster's sarcasm huh? :p
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 KBFloYd

the most and highest rated exclusives are on ps3.

kingoflife9

you mean uncharted and last of us?

yea i saw them at my local AMC for 7.50..

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 meetroid8

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"] Yeah however the Basic bundle is only 50 bucks more than Wii when it launched. It's not that much extra money.Avatar_Taxidous

No I mean when the Wii launched it was 250. I'm saying that Wii U isn't much more expensive than Wii, which was a fairly cheap console when it released. Edit: Not sure you how you missed my point, I think it was pretty clear :lol:

Okay... I don't remember saying anything about the WiiU being significantly more expensive than the Wii. I said the Wii's low price was a clear factor in its success.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Avatar_Taxidous
[QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"] Wii was $200 by then, but I'm not sure what your point is or what it has to do with what I said. meetroid8

Okay... I don't remember saying anything about the WiiU being significantly more expensive than the Wii. I said the Wii's low price was a clear factor in its success.

I didn't say you said those things... I'm saying (ME, not you, in case there is any confusion on your part) that I don't think Wii U's price is that high, so I don't think it's an issue for the system.
psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts
Seems like this topic would be more suited for SW than nintendo boards (although there would a massive amount of trolling if put in SW)PS4TrumpsXbox1
There's already a lot of trolling so far, but trolling is accepted in system wars. I'm really surprised this thread hasn't been locked already.
jcknapier711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 jcknapier711
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts
[QUOTE="Lord_of_Terrans"] 2- Only people who are not into gaming could be confused. If you read 15 minutes a month of gaming news you should be ok.

Nah... Granted I'm not a big Nintendo fanboi, so I don't read every last article on anything related. But I did read two or three articles when it was first announced and all they talked about was the controller. They never once mentioned there was a system attached to it. I had just assumed that since all they talked about was a controller and there was no mention of any specs or what media games were to be on. Sure, I didn't keep up with WiiU news, because I wasn't interested in buying a controller for a system I didn't own.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 meetroid8
[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"]

I didn't say you said those things... I'm saying (ME, not you, in case there is any confusion on your part) that I don't think Wii U's price is that high, so I don't think it's an issue for the system.

Price is an issue for every system. If the consumers believed its value was $350, they would be buying it. They're not.
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

I read your thread with asian accent and it looked funny. You should try to improve your grammar skills.

AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 AtelierFan
[QUOTE="AtelierFan"][QUOTE="fgjnfgh"]

oh I just remembered!!! When PS3 came out in 2006, it came out with +600 games library and going for $200!!!Avatar_Taxidous

You didn't catch that poster's sarcasm huh? :p

*Laughts* guess not! (obviously the core concept, Lana!)
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#71 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Price is an issue for every system. If the consumers believed its value was $350, they would be buying it. They're not. meetroid8

Yeah, but they're not buying it because Nintendo hasn't created value for it. 

If they had more games out for it then I think people would ultimately be okay paying $349 for one, but now with the PS4 priced at $399 it's a harder sell at $349, even if it'll have a bunch of games this holiday.

Sn00pyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Sn00pyBrown
Member since 2009 • 1061 Posts

Instead of watching you fellow people boil your blood, allow me to end this discussion for us all.

The Wii U is in last place end of story.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 KBFloYd

Instead of watching you fellow people boil your blood, allow me to end this discussion for us all.

Sn00pyBrown

lol..its actually in first place..maybe for a 2nd gen in a row...we'll see. if ps4 doesnt impress... it could happen.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

Sn00pyBrown

The Wii U is the only next gen console available. Uhh, trolling use to be better back in the day. :?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

Now the $350 wii U does come with a game, but lets be honest is Nintendo Land really a game that will keep you entertained for months, Obviously Not.Sn00pyBrown

Believe it or not, Nintendo Land is quite fun and I've played it since November 18th (was it?). Online multiplayer would have been a hit along with some DLC but that's Nintendo for you. Stopping short seems to be the M.O. of this company.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Don't bump month old threads.