No wonder why Wii U failed.

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts
Most of you live in USA, but some don´t. As we saw Wii U sold only 10, 000 W U in 3 month when PS3 sells with week over 100 000 consoles. 100 000 copy - 1 week 10 000 - 3 month BIG PROBLEM !!!! 1)PRICE Playstation UltraSlim(120GB) - 199 euros Playstation UltraSlim(500GB) + 2 games - 329 euros Xbox360 Slim 250GB - 249 euros Xbox360 Slim 320GB + Kinect + Dance Central 3 - 399 euros Nintendo Wii U - 399 euros If you look at prices, why would anyone buy Nintendo Wii U when PS3 has more Harddrive, more games, better online, more features? Also, next gen is coming in few month, so i can´t see reason to buy(everyone says) Wii U. Also, if i look game list in shop, i see those numbers: Playstation 3 > 602 games Xbox 360 > 631 games Wii U > 16 games Higher price, less games, less features, lack of online, no achivements, nothing... 2)Wii U name is confusing. Most people does not even know that Wii U is new game. I mean we have Wii, Wii Nunchuck, Wii fit, Wii fit plus, wii racing wheel, wii motion controller, wii motion plus controller and kinda things. Naming it Wii U is stupid. Why not name it Wii 2 or something new??? 3)Where are fun games? Mario Party? Wii Sports sequel? All, what we have, are just regular controller games. Wii sold that much because it was something new, price was low, and games were something new and fun. Now we just getting regular game ports. Also, they left that Wii controller. No motion gaming, now Microsoft Kinect will take casual gamers over.
Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
Higher price, less games, less features, lack of online, no achivements, nothing...FreedomFreeLife
It's a higher price, yes, but it's newer hardware with an innovative controller. The price could be lower, but I didn't mind paying 300 for the basic bundle; it has definitely been more than worth that price for me. And oh gee.. a system that's been out for less than a year has less games than systems that have been out for over 6 years? What a shocker that is! I'm not sure what you mean by "lack of online" :lol: do your research TC...
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean by "lack of online" :lol: do your research TC...Avatar_Taxidous

What?

Did you do your research?

The Wii U's abhorent online system is one reason why devs avoid the system and some multiplats wont even feature the online components on the Wii U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Avatar_Taxidous

[QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"] I'm not sure what you mean by "lack of online" :lol: do your research TC...Jaysonguy

What?

The Wii U's abhorent online system is one reason why devs avoid the system and some multiplats wont even feature the online components on the Wii U

Talking out of your butt much? What is abhorent about it? Black Ops 2 has the same online features as the other versions. Third parties have the freedom to include any online features they want to.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
"Failed" is often defined by the user. Until the successor is released, then, the generation isn't over. It will be years before it's determined how well (or not) the Wii U did with gamers.
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

The games take time to develop, that's common knowledge, and there's already a lot to be excited for this year. My guess is that we'll have a Mario Party and more by next christmas.

And they didn't scrap the Wii remote, not sure where you got that idea. You need one to play local in alot of games, and the console comes with a sensor bar. It's funny how most GS posters crucified the Wii for it's motion controls, and now that we have the modern controller we were all asking for, it's all a sudden a "problem"

As soon as it gets a price drop, it's problems are over

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"] I'm not sure what you mean by "lack of online" :lol: do your research TC...Avatar_Taxidous

What?

Talking out of your butt much? What is abhorent about it? Black Ops 2 has the same online features as the other versions. Third parties have the freedom to include any online features they want to.

Seriously this, the only thing I find lacking about Nintys online is lack of party chat. Other wise, I can play BO2, and ME3 just as well as any other system.

On topic, the relase was good, but the the time fram between Januray up to know has been good awful becaue they delayed all the games, Nintendo needs to get their game face on. The hardware doesnt really bug me, games like Pikmin 3 look really good and take advantage of the hardware. 

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#9 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I saw this in the "recent thread" thing for the Wii platform and was expecting yet another JaysonGuy thread.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

You're really late in your surprise for how things have played out. Let us know if the Wii U "failed" in 2018

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts
The wiiu is failing because it straight up sucks. Not one appealing thing about it.
TxTech1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TxTech1923
Member since 2013 • 662 Posts
The wiiu is failing because it straight up sucks. Not one appealing thing about it.TheKingIAm
Nothing better to do on a weekend but troll? Get a dog, neckbeard -_-
JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts
We can all admit it has not taken off in sales like the Wii did, but this is Nintendo we're talking about! They have some of the strongest first party IPs that they have YET to release for their current generation console. The Zelda's, Donkey Kong's, Mario's, etc are all coming, it just takes time.
drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Wii U failed for many reasons.

1) The Wii alienated the hardcore audience and the casual gaming audience turned out to just be a fad

2) The Wii ending 2 years early, and having weak releases 2 years before that did not encourage people to buy a Wii U.

3) The name, and packaging suggests that it's an upgrade rather than a console itself.

4) No games (casual or hardcore) at launch

5) No games (casual or hardcore) 9 monthgs in

6) Practically no online library.

7) Hardware compared to PS4 is weaker than Wii compared to PS3.

8) Developers don't like it. 

9) Far too expensive for what it is.

10) The controller is a nice add-on, but even moreso than the Wiimote, it's unnecessary.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

3) The name, and packaging suggests that it's an upgrade rather than a console itself.

drekula2
Unless one is a complete moron or not even slightly interested in video games the packaging and name are sufficient. There is enough to differentiate the old and new system from each other (box colors and dimensions, name, etc..,) and if you are not video game savvy there is enough to make one inquire about the giant U on the box.
fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

oh I just remembered!!! When PS3 came out in 2006, it came out with +600 games library and going for $200!!!

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 drekula2

[QUOTE="drekula2"]

Solaryellow

Unless one is a complete moron or not even slightly interested in video games the packaging and name are sufficient. There is enough to differentiate the old and new system from each other (box colors and dimensions, name, etc..,) and if you are not video game savvy there is enough to make one inquire about the giant U on the box.

the audience that the wii targeted are mainly the ones who are having difficulty telling the difference.

and even gamers thought it was a wii 1.5 rather than an entirely new console

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 drekula2

oh I just remembered!!! When PS3 came out in 2006, it came out with +600 games library and going for $200!!!

fgjnfgh

yes, and it had hardware that wouldn't be obsolete in 2008.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

fgjnfgh
PS3 had blu-ray, new grahpic, more games while Wii U has same grahpic, no games, no online, no achivements, no features, NOTHING... I mean we already know those 84 games that are coming on PS4, yet Nintendo has no exclusive games, only old port games and even worse ports...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Avatar_Taxidous

[QUOTE="fgjnfgh"]

FreedomFreeLife

PS3 had blu-ray, new grahpic, more games while Wii U has same grahpic, no games, no online, no achivements, no features, NOTHING... I mean we already know those 84 games that are coming on PS4, yet Nintendo has no exclusive games, only old port games and even worse ports...

If you spout it enough times does it make it true?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

god.. how much will this system wars.. wiiu bash thread be open for haz?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#22 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Drag this to System Wars.

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

No the Wii U is still young in the race. You can't really say it failed until Nintendo is done with the Wii U. <_<

dino77c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dino77c
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts

[QUOTE="fgjnfgh"]

FreedomFreeLife

you obviously aren't old enough to remember the first two years of PS3 it was a total disaster, takes time to build up a library.  

and if you want graphics my PC is already better than PS4 so that will do for shooters

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts
Seems like this topic would be more suited for SW than nintendo boards (although there would a massive amount of trolling if put in SW)
wiiutroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wiiutroll
Member since 2013 • 543 Posts

advertising for tablet plays  off too of gimick  and  shows off the tablet as if  they were advertising with accessoire. 

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Lol this thread is actually being taken seriously :lol:
Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

PS3 has been around 7 years...advertisment has been done. Yet you fail to remember that the PS3 made 0 profit for 5 years in a row.

Wii U IS NOT competing with Xbox 360 and PS3. Its the only 8th gen currently. Its got no competition yet. It will compete with Xbox One which will be a disaster. And PS4 which should be good competition. Wii U has definitely not done as well as it should have. But it by no means is a fail.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

[QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"] I'm not sure what you mean by "lack of online" :lol: do your research TC...Jaysonguy

What?

Get outta here Jasonguy. No devs WANT TO HELP MAKE AN ONLINE COMMUNITY ON THE WII U. They are lazy. Wake up already.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

[QUOTE="fgjnfgh"]

FreedomFreeLife

Admittedly, even after years of games being released for the PS3, very few games really make me want to OWN a PS3. The first REAL game that wanted me to buy a PS3 was Street Fighter 4, a non-Sony property. My personal and biased preference has always been Nintendo games, mainly due to the logevity of owning such titles. Your argument against Nintendo is narrow-minded and lacking substance. I have a PS3 and several games BTW, none of which were actually developed by Sony themselves. Your assessment of the Wii U is as lame as your generalization of it, which is layered with a heaping pile of weaksause.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KBFloYd

so somehow sony is killing off nintendo's next gen console with their LAST gen console...nintendi should have made their machine more powerful than the 8 year old ps360

kingoflife9

lol...the ps3 sucks

the only thing it killed was sonys profits :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Avatar_Taxidous

No devs WANT TO HELP MAKE AN ONLINE COMMUNITY ON THE WII U. They are lazy. Wake up already.Master_Of_Fools

Not all developers (or even most of them I'm guessing) are lazy or anti-Nintendo. Treyarch and the Monster Hunter team and Capcom were/are probably interested in having a good online community on Wii U.

jcknapier711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 jcknapier711
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts
I remember reading previews for the system. I thought it was just a new controller for the Wii system. It wasn't until after it was released did I even realize that it was. Nintendo messed up big time. At least Virtual Boy was something creative and innovative. It may not have been a commercial success, but at least there is something there of substance. I know that the specs of Wii U are better than the original(in fact, I thought they were the same until I looked them up just now), but that was never a marketing point, only the controller was. That didn't make any sense. Why would anyone buy a whole new console for that?
datadyne51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 datadyne51
Member since 2005 • 190 Posts

Wii U failed for many reasons.1) The Wii alienated the hardcore audience and the casual gaming audience turned out to just be a fad2) The Wii ending 2 years early, and having weak releases 2 years before that did not encourage people to buy a Wii U.3) The name, and packaging suggests that it's an upgrade rather than a console itself.4) No games (casual or hardcore) at launch5) No games (casual or hardcore) 9 monthgs in6) Practically no online library.7) Hardware compared to PS4 is weaker than Wii compared to PS3.8) Developers don't like it. 9) Far too expensive for what it is.10) The controller is a nice add-on, but even moreso than the Wiimote, it's unnecessary.drekula2

The wii U has not failed, but its becoming worrying. I belive it will be another Gamecube. Some great titles to look forward for.

1) True, the Wii had some great games but i bet you most casuals who bought Wii only have 3 games or less.

2) The Wiis life turned from good to very bad, by 2009 Nintendo lost alot of its own hardcore players who turned to other systems, i am one of them.

3) The names can be mislead but marketing was the main issue for that.

4 & 5) Great set of launch games, much better lineup than the 360 and PS3 had. Follow up games are the problem.

6) Needs more but its early days. CoD plays great online.

7) Disagree, graphics dont mean good games and graphics look amazing on ps4 and great on Wii U.... rather have great looking and playing games than amazing graphics with rubbish gameplay .... (shooting things over and over)

8) Nintendo needs to have more talks with developers and get some third partys. They do need to do more. Appearing to be a gamecube all over again.

9)Nintendo are losing money on everyone sold so it isnt.

10) Pro controller?!

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

1) True, the Wii had some great games but i bet you most casuals who bought Wii only have 3 games or less.

datadyne51

Yet, according to Nintendo's last press release, you could find out that the average Wii owner actually owned over 8 games for the system each. (870,000,000+ copies of software to 100,000,000+ consoles sold). You may want to do a little more research before coming to such a conclusion next time. :P

In general, people need to stop blaming the Wii for the Wii U's struggles, especially when all they have to back up their claims are their own personal beliefs and unfounded theories. This whole "Nintendo abandoned us" logic is nothing more than pure comedy, especially when you look at all of the circumstances that surround the notion, like the fact that Nintendo's consoles were only selling less prior to the Wii's emergence and what has historically been successful for Nintendo, well before the Wii even showed up. The Wii U is where it is for the reasons I suspected from the very start, and that's Nintendo actually getting away from the Wii philosophy and trying to please the industry with a more "standarized" approach. Don't believe me? Just take a good, hard look at the Wii U's library, and then, you'll get the idea of who's "abandoning" who.

That rant aside, I actually agree with KBFloYd. Just why is this thread still going, exactly? (Not that I'm helping matters, but still...)

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

What?

Yea all of those multiplats without online like Batman Arkham Origins and,......

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PS4TrumpsXbox1

PS3 has been around 7 years...advertisment has been done. Yet you fail to remember that the PS3 made 0 profit for 5 years in a row.

Wii U IS NOT competing with Xbox 360 and PS3. Its the only 8th gen currently. Its got no competition yet. It will compete with Xbox One which will be a disaster. And PS4 which should be good competition. Wii U has definitely not done as well as it should have. But it by no means is a fail.

Master_Of_Fools
You say the Wii U will be a disaster when competing against xone but it would be a good competition to ps4?? Are you implying xone is gonna dominate the ps4 when both releases? Kind of confused on that haha
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

PS4TrumpsXbox1

You say the Wii U will be a disaster when competing against xone but it would be a good competition to ps4?? Are you implying xone is gonna dominate the ps4 when both releases? Kind of confused on that haha

Lol no. he's referring to Xbox 1, which will be a disaster.

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PS4TrumpsXbox1

[QUOTE="PS4TrumpsXbox1"][QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

conkertheking1

Lol no. he's referring to Xbox 1, which will be a disaster.

Ahh, I just reread it and see that lol
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

because you're not playing with Super Power!...that's why! :P

Sn00pyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sn00pyBrown
Member since 2009 • 1061 Posts

Nintendo failed ever since the wii, However the Gamecube was amazing, when will nintendo realise motion sensing or what ever innovative crap they create is cool for like five minuites. Normal controllers are where it's at, look at the gamecube which is a splendid console. I just hope nintendo doesn't mess up their best exclusives like zelda with this controller screen pad.

That is why I'm going to purchase an xbox one or ps4, why would I waste $349 for 32gb when I can shell out $399 for 500gb ps4 with features such as: A games that use the regular controller, comes with a headset, very good games. All this for just 50$ more, so please who in their right mind would go for a wii U.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KBFloYd

Nintendo failed ever since the wii, However the Gamecube was amazing, when will nintendo realise motion sensing or what ever innovative crap they create is cool for like five minuites. Normal controllers are where it's at, look at the gamecube which is a splendid console. I just hope nintendo doesn't mess up their best exclusives like zelda with this controller screen pad.

That is why I'm going to purchase an xbox one or ps4, why would I waste $349 for 32gb when I can shell out $399 for 500gb ps4 with features such as: A games that use the regular controller, comes with a headset, very good games. All this for just 50$ more, so please who in their right mind would go for a wii U.

Sn00pyBrown

the 350 wiiU includes a game....and on ps4 you have to pay 50$ for online EVERY year...the ps4 will be much more expensive in the end.

at launch its 350$ for wiiU with 1 game or 510 for a ps4 with 1 online game...

plus wiiU has a small library already with a lot of games on discount...plus there will be black friday deals much better on wiiU than ps4.

plus you have to remember the ps4 will only have 5 games at lauch and almost all of them will be playable on the ps3 you already have.

Avatar image for Lord_of_Terrans
Lord_of_Terrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lord_of_Terrans
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts
1- Price is not a issue, gaming is a luxury not a basic need... 2- Only people who are not into gaming could be confused. If you read 15 minutes a month of gaming news you should be ok. 3- Fun games is suggestive, not everyone like Mario Party or Wii Sport, 3a- As for the controls, the reason i bought a WiiU is because the gamepad have a move standard feel. I did not liked the swing my remote to play Zelda.
Avatar image for Lord_of_Terrans
Lord_of_Terrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lord_of_Terrans
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts

Sn00pyBrown
To play Nintedo game...
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
[QUOTE="Lord_of_Terrans"]1- Price is not a issue, gaming is a luxury not a basic need... 2- Only people who are not into gaming could be confused. If you read 15 minutes a month of gaming news you should be ok. 3- Fun games is suggestive, not everyone like Mario Party or Wii Sport, 3a- As for the controls, the reason i bought a WiiU is because the gamepad have a move standard feel. I did not liked the swing my remote to play Zelda.

Price is not an issue? Seriously? Do you believe the Wii would have been as successful as it was with a $600 price tag?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#47 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
This holiday season is going to determine a lot for that platform going forward. I don't think the time from launch till now is really the best way to judge it since most of the core titles weren't released. We'll have a better idea of what issues that console faces after this holiday.
Sn00pyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sn00pyBrown

Those 5 games available at launch for ps4 will probably be better than half the current library of wii U games.

Now the $350 wii U does come with a game, but lets be honest is Nintendo Land really a game that will keep you entertained for months, Obviously Not.

With that said now onto the $50 dollars for a year of ps+, it isn't even required ps4 will have single player games to play.

The ps4 also comes with a headset.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KBFloYd

Those 5 games available at launch for ps4 will probably be better than half the current library of wii U games.

Now the $350 wii U does come with a game, but lets be honest is Nintendo Land really a game that will keep you entertained for months, Obviously Not.

With that said now onto the $50 dollars for a year of ps+, it isn't even required ps4 will have single player games to play.

The ps4 also comes with a headset.

Sn00pyBrown

ill name them....

battlefield 4...cod ghosts...watchdogs...killzone... knack and drive club....lol

there is also a zombiu edition...but hey...if you dont like the game you can sell it and get some money back..

dont try and play off the 50$ fee for psn... its a slap in the face to all the people who  bashed MS and defended sony. online is a must in this day and age. and you will be paying for 2 consoles once the gen is over..

a headset? is that what it is?

this piece of garbage

PS4-Headset-200x200.jpg

sony cutting costs wherever they can. to undercut MS and nintendo.

Sn00pyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sn00pyBrown

Hahah damn that sucks for ps4, anyways I won't be buying anything at launch since I got university starting in September. My xbox360 will do fine till end of school in April.