No More Heroes Deserved to Flop

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

It also had no storyline, rehashed gameplay, a bad control scheme for the wii the wagglesword, a very bland and uninspired style. Nintendo should put more effort in creating games for their new systems.

Jazunn

??

Ubisoft and Sudo51 made it, Nintendo had nothing to do with it. Plus it wasn't really a wagglesword.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#52 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
This was a good game. I've played it 3 times, and it get better each time, less side quests. There were parts of the game i didnt enjoy, like the side quests. The free fighting kind of sucked, one hit and you dead. But the actual story and story missions were/are awesome. Yea, some of the bosses i lost on 5-6 times, after fighting for like 15+min, but that was the type of game it was. i also played it on bitter mode, and hard mode the first time. I hope they make a sequel, but take out the whole city aspect, unless you can walk down the street with you beam katana out and kill random people. this game is def a 9/10 in my book.
UltraCell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 UltraCell
Member since 2007 • 241 Posts

I personally think its a great game. Never had a single problem with the controls. The gameplay was reminiscent of the beat'em-up's of old. The art style was fantastic. The story was great because it poked fun at all the elements that have become cliche in video games today. The over-the-top characters and boss fights were fantastic and memorable. The sound design and voice acting was great. The way the violence was handled in the game was refreshing, somehow being brutal and twistedly comedic at the same time.

Yes, it was rough around the edges and could have used more polish, but imo, it adds a certain grittiness to the title. I don't think any other title would've have benefited from it, but it works for NMH. It's not nearly as bad as you and a few others make it out to be.

It takes a certain kind of person to enjoy Sudas games. Just because you're not that kind of person, it doesn't mean the game is terrible.

Despite its technical merits (or lack thereof), NMH is an excellent game.

Unkoil666

I agree with this 100%..... I found this game to be awesome! And I am playing it through a second time.. this time going slower to enjoy it. (Was in a rush first time plalying it to see whom I fight next) 8)

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
[QUOTE="Jazunn"]

It also had no storyline, rehashed gameplay, a bad control scheme for the wii the wagglesword, a very bland and uninspired style. Nintendo should put more effort in creating games for their new systems.

umcommon

??

Ubisoft and Sudo51 made it, Nintendo had nothing to do with it. Plus it wasn't really a wagglesword.

He's talking about Twilight Princess.

Also Ubisoft didn't make NMH, they just published it in the US.

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts
[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"][QUOTE="umcommon"]

What about this game is so great? Its short, has poorgraphics, frame rate, textures, lighting, camera angles. The controls are poorly mapped and don't always respond well.

umcommon

Twilight Princess was a repetitive game that had poor graphics with crappy controls, and a shallow story but everyone is ok with praising the hell out of that.

Twilight Princess looked very Game Cube-ish but it had much better textures, animations, FRAMERATE, lighting, camera angles, and didn't have horrible aliasing problems either.

I have no problem with the concept for NMH but the game itself just feels very beta-like and unfinished, that's my over all complaint. If sudo51 (and ubiflop) would of put more effort into finishing the game and givie it more polish instead of just pushing it out as fast as possible it could of been something much better.

First of all it's "Suda 51," second of all, he has no affiliation with Ubisoft, and third of all, he had a very low budget for this game. I'd rather have great gameplay and a great story before graphics/lighting/et cetera. I'd think all gamers with a Wii would think the same.

Avatar image for DynamicJumpIuff
DynamicJumpIuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DynamicJumpIuff
Member since 2007 • 3025 Posts
[QUOTE="umcommon"]

What about this game is so great? Its short, has poorgraphics, frame rate, textures, lighting, camera angles. The controls are poorly mapped and don't always respond well.

Dark_Knight6

Twilight Princess was a repetitive game that had poor graphics with crappy controls, and a shallow story but everyone is ok with praising the hell out of that.

At least I know that I'm not alone on this.
Jazunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Jazunn
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts
[QUOTE="Jazunn"]

umcommon

??

Someone was comparing it to TP, you said "TP is better for X reasons", I answered with TP sucks for Y reasons hence making a broken game TP overrated over less broken NMH.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 umcommon

Someone was comparing it to TP, you said "TP is better for X reasons", I answered with TP sucks for Y reasons hence making a broken game TP overrated over less broken NMH.

Jazunn

-No story line?? It had a better story line than most games out now.

-Bad control scheme? Are you kidding, the motion controls were smooth, responsive, didn't feel tacked on and had a lot of depth.

-Bland art? The entire game was breath taking and epic.

Why is Zelda even being compared to NMH they are 2 VERY different games, plus Zelda had a heck of a lot less technical problems and if anyone thinks different they need thier head examined.

The only reason I made this thread is because Sudo51 and a lot of gamers are blaming the failure of this game on the Wii and its audience. This game would of been a complete sales flop on any other system too because of its flaws plain and simple.

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Dark_Knight6
[QUOTE="Jazunn"]

umcommon

-No story line?? It had a better story line than most games out now.

Been there done that, no matter what it comes down to, you save the Princess from Gannon. This time they threw in an enemy who seemed cool and menacing in the begining and then.....well...

-Bad control scheme? Are you kidding, the motion controls were smooth, responsive, didn't feel tacked on and had a lot of depth.

Waggle, Waggle, Waggle.

-Bland art? The entire game was breath taking and epic.

Okami has breath taking art, Wind Waker has breat taking art, Twilight Princess does not.

Why is Zelda even being compared to NMH they are 2 VERY different games, plus Zelda had a heck of a lot less technical problems and if anyone thinks different they need thier head examined.

Maybe it was the year's-worth of time in delay and huge budget.

The only reason I made this thread is because Sudo51 and a lot of gamers are blaming the failure of this game on the Wii and its audience. This game would of been a complete sales flop on any other system too because of its flaws plain and simple.

Again, "SUDA-51!" See the "A" there?

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 umcommon

Wow I can't beleive someone would rip on Zelda this much just to deffend a game that clearly was constructed in a mediocre manner.

I can see you like NMH and I'm happy for you. But in all honesty I hope Suda comes out with a sequal, one thats a complete game actually. Like I said before NMH could of been incredible but at least for me on a personal level it feel short big.

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

Wow I can't beleive someone would rip on Zelda this much just to deffend a game that clearly was constructed in a mediocre manner.

umcommon

Welcome to gamespot! LOL

whacker40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 whacker40
Member since 2007 • 311 Posts

while i will not comment on whether the game sucked or not, as i have not played it, i will say that the game was certainly not a flop.

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=7667

The game has so far sold 330,000 units worldwide, and continues to sell at a steady rate. The Game had a low budget, and didn't need to sell heaps to make a profit, like a lot of ps3/360 games. hell, Suda 51 even threw a party a few months back to celebrate sales.

Also, a lot of people seem to be complaining about the graphics, but if you care about graphics that much why the hell would you buy a wii?

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
I liked it, but having the European version I would definatly not give it a 9.
This game needed that over the top blood... and I'd be happy to give it a 7 or even lower because we didn't get the same version as the Americans.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Dark_Knight6

I can see you like NMH and I'm happy for you. But in all honesty I hope Suda comes out with a sequal, one thats a complete game actually. Like I said before NMH could of been incredible but at least for me on a personal level it feel short big.

umcommon

I'm not ripping on it, like you with No More Heroes, those are flaws that I saw in the game. And wether or not the game is as polished as you'd like, it was a "complete" game.

-Skeletor-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 -Skeletor-
Member since 2002 • 1030 Posts
[QUOTE="Jazunn"]

umcommon

There YOU go again talking like this game is a failure... even though the industry and Suda51 say this 18+ niche game on the Wii was a SUCCESS. It is their best selling game to date.

Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Ironre5
Member since 2008 • 1164 Posts

This game sucks... People who own Wii have to stop saying " This game is good because its the only one of it's kind" What happened to the N64 days when a game that got hype DESERVED to have it. This game should burn along with The Conduit. Its going to SUCK!!

adventureseeker

OMFG i cant agree with you any more......you are 100% right...NMH was crap..i mean there are so many high quality games out there like Mp3, SMG, SSBB, MKwii, Unreal tournamet 3, cod4, battlefield......so many great games...and yet a lot of ppl love NMH ...seriously that game is lame..just because its unique, doesnt make it good...its shovelware...also the conduit is going to fail, its a generic looking game, that is too freakin cliche....you wii owners really need to only stick with the great games on the wii like Re4, Tp, Mp3, brawl, Mk...wait for E3 this year, nintendo will announce some more greats....dont fall into the conduit hype for christs sake....if you settle for less, then you will recieve less......

Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ironre5
also i hate the dialogue and writing in this game....i mean seriously, in the part in which travis rides his motorcycle into the fountain and then cuts off the enemies heads on his way down, he yells, "F**khead"..and in one segement he asks the girl "if i become #1 , will you do it with me?"..seriously.....the only people that find that amusing/appealing, are little kids that are just learning about sex, and inappropriate language...
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Dark_Knight6

Wow, sentences. Use them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

What about this game is so great? Its short, has poor graphics, frame rate, textures, lighting, camera angles. The controls are poorly mapped and don't always respond well. Some battles are rediculusly hard while others are way too easy. I can't think of any other game I regret buying more than this one, I only paid $30 and I still think thats a rip off. I honestly feel sorry for anyone who paid $50 for this game when it was first released.

I remember reading somewhere that sudo51 was dissapointed with its sales in Japan and was blaming its failure on the Wii and its audience......he seriously needs a reality check, this game would of sold like trash on the PS3 and 360 too.

I think this game had the potencial to be good but sudo and ubiflop just decided to release a beta product.

umcommon
I have to agree
RAVEZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#70 RAVEZero
Member since 2007 • 333 Posts

Why is everyone here ripping on the graphics? Same thing that Whacker40 said, it's a WII. The look of many of the games that aren't Nintendo are going to be kind of bad.

That being said, I spent a full $50 on NMH and I don't regret that at all. The framerate is full of suck at many crucial points, the cityworld blows and...well that's about it. Those who say it's short have much more to find, and the gameplay is pretty damn deep. I was glad the system got a game like this, because this is exactly what it needed. This game tries new elements and suceeds at them...I mean, you play as a bleedin' anti-hero. All these games that make us play the hero who saves the universe at the end and gets the girl...it gets old.The vagabond and rebellious nature of this game succeeds over many, and I'm hoping that Suda (SUD-A) 41 can come forth and make a number two.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

also i hate the dialogue and writing in this game....i mean seriously, in the part in which travis rides his motorcycle into the fountain and then cuts off the enemies heads on his way down, he yells, "F**khead"..and in one segement he asks the girl "if i become #1 , will you do it with me?"..seriously.....the only people that find that amusing/appealing, are little kids that are just learning about sex, and inappropriate language...Ironre5

This is partially why it's a love/hate game: some people don't get the humor.

thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
Eh it was o.k. Over the top gore made it cool but thats all it really had going for it.
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts
Read my review to see what I think but imo it deserved a million, great game with some problems that a bigger budget could have fixed.
DudesDontDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DudesDontDude
Member since 2008 • 65 Posts

umcommon

That's the key word. I understand that you weren't remarking on the game's length, but that's the only issue that I came across with the game. Even then, the replay value is somewhat high.

While I do encourage debate, I believe this is a love-it-or-hate-it game.

ZombiezLovePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ZombiezLovePie
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
[QUOTE="adventureseeker"]

This game sucks... People who own Wii have to stop saying " This game is good because its the only one of it's kind" What happened to the N64 days when a game that got hype DESERVED to have it. This game should burn along with The Conduit. Its going to SUCK!!

Ironre5

OMFG i cant agree with you any more......you are 100% right...NMH was crap..i mean there are so many high quality games out there like Mp3, SMG, SSBB, MKwii, Unreal tournamet 3, cod4, battlefield......so many great games...and yet a lot of ppl love NMH ...seriously that game is lame..just because its unique, doesnt make it good...its shovelware...also the conduit is going to fail, its a generic looking game, that is too freakin cliche....you wii owners really need to only stick with the great games on the wii like Re4, Tp, Mp3, brawl, Mk...wait for E3 this year, nintendo will announce some more greats....dont fall into the conduit hype for christs sake....if you settle for less, then you will recieve less......

dude...shut up and stop trolling every thread that has the word conduit in it,and why do you have so much hate for it?...ahh why am i even trying? NMH was an awsome game...the 1st time through,i just had to force myself through the poorly made free roam city and jobs.after you finally get enough money,you do a ranked battle,which is pretty fun....until you beat the battle and have to do another job...gets realllly repetative. i rented it,didin't regret it and sooo freakin glad i didn't buy it. i have NO clue how some1 can force themselves to play through this a second time,i can't understand it,i had to force myself through it the first time. hope they make a sequel,with a higher budget, more polish and less repetition.
Dymond7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#76 Dymond7
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts
I paid 45$ for this game, and I don't care what anyone says, It's one the greatest Wii games ever, next to Brawl. I love the game, I can't believe I clocked over 18 hours on this game.
fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts

This game does indeed suck. I heard here that it has a bunch of unrelated innuendo that have nothing to do with the game. Seems like this games as geared towards 10 year olds who still tell boob jokes.

titanium2108

So you say it sucks yet you haven't played it?? Go and play it then your opinion will matter.

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#78 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
ITT: Opinions and trolls
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

Worst game i've played on the Wii. Brilliant buy though as i only paid £15 and sold it back to shop for £25.

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/heroes/player_review.html?id=573939

Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ironre5

seriously who would pay 50 bucks for this game...when MP3 costs the same, and look at its quality....metroid prime 3 has jaw dropping visuals, amazin level designs, orgasmnic soundtrack, excellent gameplay, even better bosses, even better puzzles, and so much more......what does no more heroes have that justifys it being the same price as MP3? well ill tell you...it has nothing, its just a overhyped, over priced, peice of crap...NMH combat gets repetitive...the dialogue makes me puke, whilst my freind's 10 yr old gets a boner, from all the corny sex jokes...seriously as i stated before, the dialogue is CORN-to the freaking- Y.....the only good thing is its unique bosses, and art sytle...but gameplay, level design, dialogue, overworld (aka the city), and almost everything else sucks....

The conduit is going to be worse than this crap....id rather pay 50 bucks for NMH, than pa 50 cents for the conduit...again i reiterate...if you wii owners want crap on your system, support it, by buying crap like carnival games, NMH, the conduit, etc..

its really simple....crap is made on wii, crap sells, devs get money, devs think that if they make crap sequels, theyll sell, devs make sequel, it sells, devs get rich for making crap games....

on the other hand, games like metroid prime 3 didnt get nearly as much recognition as the crap on wii, and that game truly deserves it...i would pay 100 bucks for that game, and it still wouldn be enough

Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Ironre5

Worst game i've played on the Wii. Brilliant buy though as i only paid £15 and sold it back to shop for £25.

Dibdibdobdobo

NICE..im going to start doing that kind of stuff...if i see something on deal, and im sure ill get a better price for it, ill do what you did....excellent buy...

Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Ironre5
[QUOTE="Ironre5"][QUOTE="adventureseeker"]

ZombiezLovePie

dude...shut up and stop trolling every thread that has the word conduit in it,and why do you have so much hate for it?...ahh why am i even trying? NMH was an awsome game...the 1st time through,i just had to force myself through the poorly made free roam city and jobs.after you finally get enough money,you do a ranked battle,which is pretty fun....until you beat the battle and have to do another job...gets realllly repetative. i rented it,didin't regret it and sooo freakin glad i didn't buy it. i have NO clue how some1 can force themselves to play through this a second time,i can't understand it,i had to force myself through it the first time. hope they make a sequel,with a higher budget, more polish and less repetition.

heres my logic

awesome game = Must Buy..unless its too short....

NMH wasnt too short, and you say that it was awesome, but you wouldnt buy it....so what is it? is it awesome or not?...i personally think its a peice of crap geared towards ten year olds, so that they can get a boner from naomis boobs, to the sexual references, also to the inappropriate language, that kids so love to use...

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]

Ironre5

NICE..im going to start doing that kind of stuff...if i see something on deal, and im sure ill get a better price for it, ill do what you did....excellent buy...

Ebay is your friend. I brought on Ebay then sold it to on. I've done this on several occasions! Its nice to know that if you dont like a game you can always sell it on for a profit.

Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Ironre5

Wow, sentences. Use them.

Dark_Knight6

Wow self respect. use it

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#85 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

i was severly disappointed with NMH...i expected something more along the lines of Killer 7, but surprising got something a whole lot more generic and repetitive...with a lame story.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts
I don't know what you're talking about. I LOVE No More Heroes. Graphics are great, controls are responsive and I don't have any trouble with the camera angles. The only flaw is the collision detection.
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#87 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
I haven't even tried it yet, but I'll look into it this summer to kill some time.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lancea34

[QUOTE="toadster101"]I haven't even tried it yet, but I'll look into it this summer to kill some time.Ironre5

DONT....id buying gay male adult movies over this...youll probably have more fun....thats how bad this game is

Don't listen to him. This game is great!;)

ineedmoney555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ineedmoney555
Member since 2008 • 534 Posts

is it just me or is this game like frickin marmite.

Im not too fussed about realism or anything so the rubbish physics dont phase me.

here my opinion on it and people are free to say thier either agree or disagree and why

humour was brilliant,the sex joke are funny not becuase you have to be immature to get them but because it shows how the mian character is such a nerd.

the story was excellent, so surprising and basically took the piss of everything from star wars to back to the future. and sooooooooo many wtf moments ge. you have to go to the toilet to save???????????????????

combat showed great motion control, that final slice always felt so staisfying

jobs were a nice change of pace, i could see them getting repetive if you did them over and over again but u realy didnt need to, most of them i only did once

k entertainment offered some pretty good side quite long if u wanted to unlock all the clothes, videos, katana+add ons,training sessions,cards and special tecniques

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
No More Heroes is a pretty "love-it-or-hate-it" type of game,although not to the extent of Killer7.I really,really enjoyed it,but I wouldn't give it a full recommendation to many people.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 lancea34
[QUOTE="lancea34"][QUOTE="Ironre5"]

[QUOTE="toadster101"]I haven't even tried it yet, but I'll look into it this summer to kill some time.Ironre5

DONT....id buying gay male adult movies over this...youll probably have more fun....thats how bad this game is

dont listen to him..hes only saying its great, cos he spent 50 bucks on it, and wants tojustify his actions, and not make a fool of himself

I played the game for 36 hours and payed 50 euro on it. I think it's money well spent. This game got a good score, how can it possibly be a flop?

Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Ironre5
[QUOTE="Ironre5"][QUOTE="lancea34"][QUOTE="Ironre5"]

[QUOTE="toadster101"]I haven't even tried it yet, but I'll look into it this summer to kill some time.lancea34

dont listen to him..hes only saying its great, cos he spent 50 bucks on it, and wants tojustify his actions, and not make a fool of himself

I played the game for 36 hours and payed 50 euro on it. I think it's money well spent. This game got a good score, how can it possibly be a flop?

this game is not worth 50 euros or dollars...also it really is an overrated pos...reviews sometimes overrate things...Halo 3 and Halo 2 for example....9.5 for halo 3...gimme a break...deserves more like an 8.5

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 lancea34
[QUOTE="lancea34"][QUOTE="Ironre5"][QUOTE="lancea34"][QUOTE="Ironre5"]

this game is not worth 50 euros or dollars...also it really is an overrated pos...reviews sometimes overrate things...Halo 3 and Halo 2 for example....9.5 for halo 3...gimme a break...deserves more like an 8.5

I agree. No More Heroes deserves an 8.5:D. I think it was worth the 50 Euros. Finished the game 3 times.

King_Jeremy_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 King_Jeremy_77
Member since 2005 • 641 Posts

This game does indeed suck. I heard here that it has a bunch of unrelated innuendo that have nothing to do with the game. Seems like this games as geared towards 10 year olds who still tell boob jokes.

titanium2108

So you think the game sucks because you heard it did? Try actually playing the game. It's fun, glad I bought it.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

I remember reading somewhere that sudo51 was dissapointed with its sales in Japan and was blaming its failure on the Wii and its audience......

umcommon

And then, when the first US sales numbers were known, Grasshopper threw a party to celebrate.

Both, No More Heroes and Zack and Wiki, had relatively low budgets, and both sold more than their respective developers expected. That is the not teh flop.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#98 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

*notices how TC spelt sudo instead of suda* >_>

he said its a love/hate game, those games shouldnt be rated >_>

besides, its an awesome game

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#99 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

*notices how TC spelt sudo instead of suda* >_>

he said its a love/hate game, those games shouldnt be rated >_>

besides, its an awesome game

BrunoBRS

Well they should be rated if they're broken or not

In that respect No More Heroes fails because it's broken

It's got so many great things going for it.

• Story
  • Art style
  • Characters

Then you play the game and you feel like no one making the game actually cared at all about making the game. They thought up the story and all that and when it was finally time to make the game they all mailed it in.

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

I loved No More Heroes... The story, the characters, and the overall style was what made the game shine.
Only thing that needed more attention was the city - but luckily the city wasn't the main aspect of the game... The city was more like your way of getting from place to place, and that worked fine enough (Though if whenever a NMH2 comes out, there's no denying that that aspect can get more love).

Overall, No More Heroes might not be everyone's cup of tea - just like the other games of Suda51's.
Does that make it the worst game ever? Sure it has flaws, but it still works, and it still shines in the areas that mean most.

TC: Don't feal bad for me for spending $50 on this game, because I don't even regret buying it. It is one of my Wii games that I still enjoy playing at times even way after beating it.