Mario Galaxy's hype - was it mislead?

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I agree that the camera needed improvement, and it could have been a little harder. That's why it got 9 and 9.5's instead of 10s.

Every person here is welcome to their opinion. Not everyone will enjoy a platformer. The people who didn't like it aren't strange, just like different games. It's the people who don't like ice cream or chocolate that are truly strange.

cyborg1688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 cyborg1688
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

While I do think Mario Galaxy is a great game, I have to say it is definitly not the best game in the Mario line. I don't know WHAT you guys were playing because it was not that good. I think its biggest flaw was that the gameplay was absurdly easy. I got over 40 stars in the first night and I was able to get almost every star on my first try. The boss fights were not fun and very tedious. Three hits and they are dead. The toughest one had to be the Fire Pirhana Dino. Also you got 1-ups too frequently. One night I got over 30 without even trying. It made dying even more trivial considering you hardly ever die.

Besides those flaws though I felt it really was a good game. Not GOTY worthy and not better than M64 or Sunshine by any means. To the OP, if you like a nice pick-up and play game with some minor replayability then this game is pefect for you. Do not expect a challenge though

Zelda_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#103 Zelda_89
Member since 2009 • 410 Posts
Yes, one of my favourite wii games :D
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
@pp222 It wasn't as overrated as Halo 3, its not a game which forced us to buy a Wii and make us yell that its the best game on the Wii
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17885 Posts
yup. personally i prefer adventure games, RPGs and such like but galaxy was still my overall GOTY for that year. i was expecting alot from galaxy (it is a mario platformer afterall) and the game still really surprised me. an absolute cracker of a game. not the best mario platformer ever (thats either 3 or world...i cant quite decide) but id rate it higher than 64 and sunshine, no problem. if they can just add some of the mario bros 3 crazyness to the next one...that would really be something.
pp222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 pp222
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

@pp222 It wasn't as overrated as Halo 3, its not a game which forced us to buy a Wii and make us yell that its the best game on the WiiPices

If bringing up Halo 3 every time a certain game is called overrated we would have world peace. That's a ridiculous argument. That aside, no game force you to buy a console. I love Metal Gear Solid to death, but MGS4 ain't forcing me to buy a Sony Blu-Ray player. Another ridiculous argument on your side. Fact is, when I played it I got nothing more than a decent game. No more, no less, and certainly not a lot better than Sunshine. It lacked the feeling SMB3 and SM64 had. Even in my wildest dream I wouldn't call it GOTY, "overrated game of the year" is more correct.

pp222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 pp222
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
[QUOTE="pp222"]

[QUOTE="Pices"]@pp222 It wasn't as overrated as Halo 3, its not a game which forced us to buy a Wii and make us yell that its the best game on the WiiPices

If bringing up Halo 3 every time a certain game is called overrated we would have world peace. That's a ridiculous argument. That aside, no game force you to buy a console. I love Metal Gear Solid to death, but MGS4 ain't forcing me to buy a Sony Blu-Ray player. Another ridiculous argument on your side. Fact is, when I played it I got nothing more than a decent game. No more, no less, and certainly not a lot better than Sunshine. It lacked the feeling SMB3 and SM64 had. Even in my wildest dream I wouldn't call it GOTY, "overrated game of the year" is more correct.

Thats your opinion, but if it got high scores along with many GOTY awards, then its considered as an amazing game. Inferior opinions like yours don't matter

My opinions are far from inferior. If anything they are superior to the opinions of gamers that praise SMG like the second coming of Jesus and "hip kidz" that suck up to crappy artists like 50 Cent. But I ain't here to tell ya about which opinions are better than others, I'm just here to state that I find the game overrated. Besides, were you not the one ranting on people that dislikes it and how their terrible tastes would make a good pair, eh?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#109 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Pices

Thats your opinion, but if it got high scores along with many GOTY awards, then its considered as an amazing game. Inferior opinions like yours don't matter

My opinions are far from inferior. If anything they are superior to the opinions of gamers that praise SMG like the second coming of Jesus and "hip kidz" that suck up to crappy artists like 50 Cent. But I ain't here to tell ya about which opinions are better than others, I'm just here to state that I find the game overrated. Besides, were you not the one ranting on people that dislikes it and how their terrible tastes would make a good pair, eh?

Anyone who has opinions that praise ANY game as the second coming aren't worth reading, including cows and MGS4, lemmings and Halo, sheep and SMG, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Thats your opinion, but if it got high scores along with many GOTY awards, then its considered as an amazing game. Inferior opinions like yours don't matterPices

My opinions are far from inferior. If anything they are superior to the opinions of gamers that praise SMG like the second coming of Jesus and "hip kidz" that suck up to crappy artists like 50 Cent. But I ain't here to tell ya about which opinions are better than others, I'm just here to state that I find the game overrated. Besides, were you not the one ranting on people that dislikes it and how their terrible tastes would make a good pair, eh?pp222

One man's opinions are not inherently superior or inferior to another man's opinions.It's pretty sad when a person has to resort to elitism just because said person disagrees with someone else's opinions,or to somehow justify the praise for something that is well-received by the general consensus.

Avatar image for Hitsugaya_gamer
Hitsugaya_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Hitsugaya_gamer
Member since 2007 • 268 Posts
Super mario galaxy makes me feel a more complete person. lol ;P
Sw0rDMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#112 Sw0rDMaN
Member since 2005 • 1234 Posts
I feel happy
Zelda_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#113 Zelda_89
Member since 2009 • 410 Posts

Super mario galaxy makes me feel a more complete person. lol ;PHitsugaya_gamer

lol:lol:

red192837465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#115 red192837465
Member since 2008 • 164 Posts
truly excellent game that i just started playing again(Xbox broke) and Im loving it. Deserved all hype.