im getting a lil sick of the wii's graphics ...

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chargr67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chargr67
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts

or the lack there of...

one of these screen shots is the Wii, and the other 2 are from the dreamcast and xbox 1.

i mean im not asking for a PS3 graphics whore but come on? couldnt we have atleast got 720p support?

AlSharid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AlSharid
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts

Why do people want better graphics?? I am satisfied with Gamecube's graphics, its good and the wii is better but 360 and PS3 are way too much

Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
It's a quick port of a budget-priced title do you really think they would go to all the effort of making a gme in 720p?
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
It's House of the Dead, what more do you want? It's about killing zombies not stopping and going "oooh look, I can't see jaggies around that mean looking flesh eating creature. Oh and look, that tree looks so life-like, see how it flows in the breeze?" Get over it.
Rickettsz0780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rickettsz0780
Member since 2006 • 152 Posts
i agree with ozzsoad, get over it, if you want better graphics for your little zombie game go buy a 360 or PS3. the wii is all about gameplay over graphics. I highly believe that the wii gameplay is Twice as good as any other game console and I love my 360. We all bought the Wii knowing we werent getting graphics compared to either of the other consoles, and complaining about it isn't going to make it better, so let it go the graphics arn't ever going to be great on this console.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

That's on purpose...

It's a direct port of House of the Dead 2 so they didn't fancy up any graphics.

wurydaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wurydaz
Member since 2004 • 311 Posts
wii only supports up to 480i/480p anywayz
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts
...couldnt we have atleast got 720p support?chargr67
No, we all know that Wii can only do 480P.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
All I can think of when I look at them is... every zombie looks exactly the same... A dev that does that isn't going to care about 'jaggies' or anything else for that matter. And it is pointless to complain about it.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

couldnt we have atleast got 720psupport?chargr67

No, because the Wii only supports up to 480p. :?

And the graphics in this game were intentional, as others have already said. The House of the Dead games retain their original graphics for nostalgia. And for much lower development costs.

If you're going to complain about the Wii's graphics, at least choose games where the developers were actually trying to be impressive.

Cody-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cody-G
Member since 2008 • 220 Posts
its a port from the older arcade versions its giving you 2 games plus extra modes for 29.99 what more do you want plus wii can only do 480p and we all know the wii can make great graphics just look at galaxy if you want a 720p system go by a 360 or ps3 dont take a game thats ported from arcade and say look at the bad graphics.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I'm sorry if you didn't know about Wii's graphical limitations when you bought the system. And 720p wouldn't make House of the Dead look any better. Well, it would look a bit sharper but textures would still be blurry and polygons non-existing.
ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts

port = same graphics with wii controls

remake = updated graphics with wii controls

This is a port, not a remake... what it looked like before is what it will look like now.

Know what you are talking about first.... post threads second...

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts

Why would you only look at the worst looking Wii game (Or close to it)?

I suggest you stop being a graphics whore. I have a 360 but I still have no problem with Wii's graphics, or SNES graphics for that matter.

supreuph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 supreuph
Member since 2007 • 654 Posts
Sorry people, but I'm gonna have to defend this guy on this. Not for the proposed 720p support because that's not necessary. After seeing Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy, and Resident Evil 4, we know that the wii is capable of quality graphics. PS2 titles shouldn't be on par with quality Wii titles. What is shown is a comparison of a game that's running on a dreamcast console that's about 10 years old, an xbox console that's 8 years old, and a nintendo wii that's 2 years old. There should be no comparison in quality. And with 480p, the graphics in motion should be much more impressive. I'm not blaming it on the wii, I'm blaming devs for S-L-A-C-K-I-N-G big time. This has got to stop.
Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts

[QUOTE="chargr67"]couldnt we have atleast got 720psupport?JordanElek

No, because the Wii only supports up to 480p. :?

And the graphics in this game were intentional, as others have already said. The House of the Dead games retain their original graphics for nostalgia. And for much lower development costs.

If you're going to complain about the Wii's graphics, at least choose games where the developers were actually trying to be impressive.

Yeah, look at Super Mario Galaxy. It's absolutely a gem.

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ag1052
Sorry people, but I'm gonna have to defend this guy on this. Not for the proposed 720p support because that's not necessary. After seeing Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy, and Resident Evil 4, we know that the wii is capable of quality graphics. PS2 titles shouldn't be on par with quality Wii titles. What is shown is a comparison of a game that's running on a dreamcast console that's about 10 years old, an xbox console that's 8 years old, and a nintendo wii that's 2 years old. There should be no comparison in quality. And with 480p, the graphics in motion should be much more impressive. I'm not blaming it on the wii, I'm blaming devs for S-L-A-C-K-I-N-G big time. This has got to stop.supreuph
First off I dont think you are really defending the TC because it seems like he is blaming the Wii...second jaysonguy made a pretty good thread the other day where he was very clear about the harmfulness of wiimakes but not of ports on the wii... this was just a port that sega did, it didnt take up to much time and as we can see from sega's line up it really didnt hurt the other games that sega is putting out. Its just a quick low cost port and if you want to buy it you can but you dont have too... I would have been much more upset with this game if they made it look great because that would have pulled a lot more resoures from sega that they are useing for other things. wiimakes are slowing down progress too much but ports while not helping progress are not slowing it down nearly as much.
DragoValmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DragoValmon
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts
Not all Wii games look like that. Look at Mario Galaxy. It has some pretty good graphics. I know everyone had heard this a million times, but I will say it again. Graphics aren't everything. My two favorite game Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross don't have PS3 or Xbox 360 graphics, but they are still my favorite.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts
Get sick of developers, not the Wii. The Wii is actually pretty powerful (not compared to the 360 or ps3 though. check out SMG or SSBB), but the developers don't really bother with graphics since they think most people who will buy the game won't care about them anyway. People don't buy the Wii to look at pretty games. They buy it to play the fun games. That's why so many developers keep making ugly games. Unfortunately most ugly games they make don't play well so they're still failing.
supreuph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 supreuph

[QUOTE="supreuph"]Sorry people, but I'm gonna have to defend this guy on this. Not for the proposed 720p support because that's not necessary. After seeing Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy, and Resident Evil 4, we know that the wii is capable of quality graphics. PS2 titles shouldn't be on par with quality Wii titles. What is shown is a comparison of a game that's running on a dreamcast console that's about 10 years old, an xbox console that's 8 years old, and a nintendo wii that's 2 years old. There should be no comparison in quality. And with 480p, the graphics in motion should be much more impressive. I'm not blaming it on the wii, I'm blaming devs for S-L-A-C-K-I-N-G big time. This has got to stop.ag1052
First off I dont think you are really defending the TC because it seems like he is blaming the Wii...second jaysonguy made a pretty good thread the other day where he was very clear about the harmfulness of wiimakes but not of ports on the wii... this was just a port that sega did, it didnt take up to much time and as we can see from sega's line up it really didnt hurt the other games that sega is putting out. Its just a quick low cost port and if you want to buy it you can but you dont have too... I would have been much more upset with this game if they made it look great because that would have pulled a lot more resoures from sega that they are useing for other things. wiimakes are slowing down progress too much but ports while not helping progress are not slowing it down nearly as much.

Yes. Ports need to stop. We need to boycott ports. Can we do that? Who's with me on this!?!? I guess it is important to differentiate between ports and "wiimakes". I like that...wiimakes. These devs need to wiimake these half-assed ports.

Bropower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bropower
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Lol so true , some n64 graphics had better quality graphics , cough * banjo tooie* , Developers need to put some more effort into there games , half the crap on the wii is from developers , trying to cash in on nintendo's sucess, until i see good games from 3rd party developers , i am only going to play some ea games , but mostly first party games

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Really i dont care, plus, i think your expecting a bit too much from a port/remake.

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ag1052

Really i dont care, plus, i think your expecting a bit too much from a port.

Haziqonfire
fixed
CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts
HD support would be nice considering the Wii looks rather dreadful on HDTVs.
supreuph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 supreuph

HD support would be nice considering the Wii looks rather dreadful on HDTVs.CheeChee_Macko

With component cables and Progressive mode enabled? I beg to differ. The quality of HDTV may be an issue here, but my wii looks outstanding on my HDTV (Sony Bravia 26")

bceagles358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 bceagles358
Member since 2008 • 56 Posts
wii's graphics are fine for me... i didn't buy a wii for it's graphics anyways, i bought it bc of the motion controls. i've also played ps3... and to tell you the truth, the graphics are sometimes too good. growing up with SNES, n64, dreamcast, etc... I want to feel like i'm playing with video game people, not real-life people... if you know what i mean.
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

If you expected the best graphics, why did you buy a Wii? It's not like they kept it a secret that the best it would do was 480p.

Super_Ska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Super_Ska
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts

Why do people want better graphics?? I am satisfied with Gamecube's graphics, its good and the wii is better but 360 and PS3 are way too much

AlSharid

What? What do you mean they are too much? I think it would be awesome for the wii to have great graphics.

dirtymurdy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dirtymurdy123
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
we wont get good graphics until the ps2 dies and we stop getting ports....from 3rd party devs anyways
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
This game isn't intended to have good graphics. There are othe Wii games with good graphics if you want them, or get another console.
dirtymurdy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dirtymurdy123
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
everyone says to get another console but everyone isnt made of money...the wii is the cheapest and it is the obvious choice...if i had money and wanted good graphics then ofcourse i would have bought another system
louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts
i know how to get better graphics send a message to nintendo tell nintendo that you need to upgrade the wii graphics and that what people to do to tell nintendo to make games thay want
MrSoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 MrSoda
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts

i agree with ozzsoad, get over it, if you want better graphics for your little zombie gamego buy a360 or PS3. the wii is all about gameplay over graphics. I highly believe that the wii gameplay is Twice as good as any other game console and I love my 360. We all bought the Wii knowing we werent getting graphics compared to either of the other consoles, and complaining about it isn't going to make it better, so let it go the graphics arn't ever going to be great on this console. Rickettsz0780

That or we could somehow make my Zombie game idea.

jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts

All I can think of when I look at them is... every zombie looks exactly the same... A dev that does that isn't going to care about 'jaggies' or anything else for that matter. And it is pointless to complain about it. raahsnavj

Either that, or blue jeans with rips in them were really popular where this outbreak occured.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#36 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

It's House of the Dead, what more do you want? It's about killing zombies not stopping and going "oooh look, I can't see jaggies around that mean looking flesh eating creature. Oh and look, that tree looks so life-like, see how it flows in the breeze?" Get over it.ozzsoad

LMAO!

Zeekeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 Zeekeal
Member since 2004 • 82 Posts
I think by now we all know what the wii is and what its trying to be, we keep hoping its gonna rise above what it is but it won't, developers are not gonna stop what there doing and it sucks, really, our only option is to hope that these 3rd party developers comes to there senses someday but our best options are to either accept it for what it is or move on, if your a gamer u can't just own a wii but u can sure do without 1, I think that says a lot about the system.
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

That's on purpose...

It's a direct port of House of the Dead 2 so they didn't fancy up any graphics.

Dark_Link142

dido...

I would have agree with the TC if he/she had said this about Alone in the Dark, i`m not asking for ps3 graphics but a lil better (of what i saw a couple of weeks back) would have being nice. You know at least use what the Wii can do. Now of course those may have not being the final graphics *crosses fingers*

But on topic, it was ment as direct port so even if this game were on 360 or ps3 it would have had same graphics... imo..

flinknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 flinknasty
Member since 2004 • 90 Posts

It's a quick port of a budget-priced title do you really think they would go to all the effort of making a gme in 720p?Popadophalis

why would they make it in 720 when the Wii only supports up to 480? it would be nice i suppose.

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

We're lucky they updated the graphics at all. It's an 8 and 10 year old port.

And in all fairness, the Dreamcast version still looks pretty good, after 10 years.

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

if your a gamer u can't just own a wii but u can sure do without 1, I think that says a lot about the system.Zeekeal

Three of the world's top selling 10 (and still current) video game series' are owned/created by Nintendo. You're wrong.

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
i know how to get better graphics send a message to nintendo tell nintendo that you need to upgrade the wii graphics and that what people to do to tell nintendo to make games thay wantlouisfoxton
Nintendo is doing a great job at making games, its just those da** 3rd party game companies, who seem to give the console such a bad rep. Remember the P**ptastic company who made ninja bread man?
likesstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 likesstuff
Member since 2008 • 226 Posts
Try matching up Mario Galaxy with the dreamcast and xbox graphics then tell me their bad.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

gameplay > story >sound >graphics

I tend to think so anyway.

peterwantspie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 peterwantspie
Member since 2004 • 214 Posts
I'm so sick of people ragging on Wii for not being designed "for gamers". What is this elitist little club called "Gamers" anyway? This is the same sort of mentality that has fans of rap hearing a rock song they like but saying they hate it because it's the wrong genre. If I like a game on Wii, I like it whether its 'for gamers' or not, and that happens to have been the case a lot of the time, hence my owning one. If you can tell what everythings meant to be, the graphics are fine in my book. I'm not looking for a scenic experience every time I hit the power button.
razu_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 razu_gamer
Member since 2006 • 4131 Posts
duh TC, house of the dead is poor effort. Go play metroid prime or RE4. They look much better.
waelzleb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 waelzleb
Member since 2008 • 468 Posts
u cant do it it only supports 480ipa dn more
Cheazie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Cheazie
Member since 2008 • 447 Posts

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Do i need to add anything else to this post.

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

This topic is pointless.

We knew ahead of time that all we were getting was a PORT OF HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2 AND 3. Thats ALL IT IS. NOTHING MORE. So, of course its going to look like the original game, considering it IS IT and stuff.

And its impossible to not have fun with The House of the Dead anyway, especially the second one.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
Don't complain about the Wii's graphics, complain about the developers, as the majority of them don't use much of the Wii's potential.